AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-05, 21:31   Link #201
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

You know what I really, REALLY want right now?

For Tooru to call Ohana by her name. So far he´s only referred to her as "you, yoh, hey". I look forward to the day he calls her by her name. Am I weird? xD
Old 2011-06-06, 20:21   Link #202
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei.K View Post
So I guess it's safe to say after watching this ep that Tohru's qualifies as a male tsundere. That was cute to witness.
I love tsunderes! I was hoping since the very beginning that Tooru would be one and I was right! xD I'm also hoping that Tomoe or even Ohana teases him and he blushes and goes all tsuntsun. Tsunderes = <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x.

For Tooru to call Ohana by her name. So far he´s only referred to her as "you, yoh, hey". I look forward to the day he calls her by her name. Am I weird? xD
Nooo, you're not weird. I'm so with you on this!! xD *thumbs up* But I wonder what Ohana's reaction to it would be? She'd definently notice, so maybe she'll be like, "Hey, that's the first time you said my name!! :O" or something.
Old 2011-06-07, 12:57   Link #203
hanashi

Quote:

That's not weird at all, since Japanese culture places such emphasis on names and levels of intimacy. I wonder if Ohana would notice. She was really fixated on what the girls called her because she desperately wanted to be friends with them but Tooru isn't really on her radar right now. Even though she's definitely on his.

I wonder what he'd call her. I think he might not know which is why he doesn't do it. I bet he'll be blushing like a fire engine when he does. He's actually pretty conscious of propriety. Ren-san, Tomoe-san, Minko. Minko is below him on the food chain, so she doesn't get an honorific.

Now I really want to learn more about Tooru's history. He doesn't seem to have a lot of experience with girls. He's kind of oblivious--like someone else we know. I'm kind of amused at the thought of a long stream of girls making eyes at him. I want to know how long he's been in his apprenticeship. My host brother was training to be a chef and he said Japanese chefs typically spend 10-15 years as apprentices. Tooru's only 23 but Ren's already letting him try making new dishes and take on the bulk of training/supervising a new apprentice, even if Minko's still really new. I'm betting he's lived and breathed his apprenticeship for the past couple of years.

(Minko's really lucky. If they were a larger operation, she'd probably still be cleaning.)
Old 2011-06-07, 15:27   Link #204
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanashi View Post
(Minko's really lucky. If they were a larger operation, she'd probably still be cleaning.)
I guess this explains why she's so enamored with Tohru despite (or is that because of?) his sharp tongue towards her. He's doing her a BIG favor by essentially being willing to take her on and train her practically from scratch here.
Old 2011-06-07, 15:39   Link #205
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Lol, I get the feeling that Tooru is kind of conscious of the fact that he doesn't know how to refer to Ohana. xDD So he just ends up saying "Yoh, or you". :P

But yes, the day when he does call Ohana by her name will be glorious. He'll be blushing lie a red tomato. I really look forward to it. And yeah, he is such a novice to love. You´d think a 23 year old guy, with good looks, a motorcycle, and a steady job would be more experienced in the love department. xD
Old 2011-06-08, 03:44   Link #206
hanashi

Now that I think about it, they're in the kitchen from dusk til dawn so when would he have time to date? I'd stop dating someone that never had any free time for me. Also, you can tell that he really respects Ren and he really enjoys what he does so he probably doesn't consider it a hardship.

It's not really that surprising that Minko developed her crush. He's her 'savior,' she spends a lot of time with him, and while he might grumble, he's also good about showing her how to do things. Oh yeah, he's hot. He's about as safe as you can get for a crush. As for Tooru, Ohana was someone new who was bold and bright whom he "really didn't get" and couldn't categorize away. So he teases her and tugs her pigtails a bit (see ep 4), maybe not because he's interested just yet, but because he finds her interesting. Then, she goes after him when they thought he'd left for Fukuya and in ep 8/9. The first time was for Minko (Even though he doesn't actually know she did that for Minko) but the second time was because she trusted him to set things right. So giant, rapidly developing crush isn't a surprise.

I'm convinced that he doesn't actually register Minko as a girl. He didn't even react to her feeding him. Too bad there isn't a 'facepalm' smilie. Maybe or ?
Old 2011-06-08, 04:00   Link #207
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
I'm just curious but instead of Tooru x Ohana, why hasn't fangirls/fujioshis considered Tooru x Ko yet, at least for lols?
Considering that makes as much sense as anything else in this show, why not! God-mode troll; massive fujoshi sales!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-06-08, 12:21   Link #208
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Well, I think Tooru himself isn't really aware yet that he has a crush on Ohana. He's still not to that stage yet. xD Right now he's just probably baffled as to why he gets nervous when being too close to her. :P

Well, they could go out on their free days? I dunno. Plus, at least they can see each other everyday at work. I'm sure there are times when they have free break times.
Old 2011-06-08, 12:31   Link #209
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
I'm just curious but instead of Tooru x Ohana, why hasn't fangirls/fujioshis considered Tooru x Ko yet, at least for lols?
...because Tohru is a bad dude with attitude and a motor cycle?
Old 2011-06-08, 14:24   Link #210
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

^ Well, you know. Bad dude with a motorcycle and an attitude are the perfect attributes of a seme.

So yeah...I can picture TooruxKo. xD
Old 2011-06-08, 14:26   Link #211
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
LOL, this is working as planned.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-06-08, 15:23   Link #212
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Well to explain a lack of Fujioshi frothing at the thought ofTohruXKo, it probably has to do with them not actually sharing any screen time together. We thought that might be happening in episode 8-9 but...

Well, the future is still young I suppose.
Old 2011-06-08, 16:07   Link #213
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Well, I think Tooru himself isn't really aware yet that he has a crush on Ohana. He's still not to that stage yet. xD Right now he's just probably baffled as to why he gets nervous when being too close to her. :P
Tooru's definitely not aware of it xD He actually thought he had a fever after that moment with Ohana. So it might take a while before he realizes I wonder how he'll treat Ohana afterwards though? :O I think he'll be more conscious of her whenever she's around but will he continue to bully her like he usually does or will he blush like a ripe red tomato everytime he sees her? xD

EDIT: TooruxKo sounds like... fun? I've never been into yaoi but it sounds like a fun crack pairing. xD
Old 2011-06-08, 16:30   Link #214
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarless Ocean View Post
Tooru's definitely not aware of it xD He actually thought he had a fever after that moment with Ohana. So it might take a while before he realizes I wonder how he'll treat Ohana afterwards though? :O I think he'll be more conscious of her whenever she's around but will he continue to bully her like he usually does or will he blush like a ripe red tomato everytime he sees her? xD

EDIT: TooruxKo sounds like... fun? I've never been into yaoi but it sounds like a fun crack pairing. xD
Can anyone really be that oblivious at 23? Edit: haha, my mind just reminded me that half the time, I can't tell when someone's flirting with me. But still, I know when I'm interested.

Lol. The only way I can see Tooru/Ko is if Ohana goes for a darkhorse 3rd candidate. But there are rumors that the show is supposed to span a few years. Who knows what could happen in that time...

Last edited by hanashi; 2011-06-08 at 16:41.
Old 2011-06-08, 16:31   Link #215
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

...I REALLY doubt Tohru doesn't know how much he likes Ohana. I think he just likes bullshitting about it.
Old 2011-06-08, 17:10   Link #216
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I´m actually worried about that 10 years span thing. DD: I wonder if its true.

If its true, then I kind of doubt that Tooru would spend 10 years of his life working at Kissuiso.! Tooru baby, I don't want you to leave the show!!! D:
Old 2011-06-08, 18:09   Link #217
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
I´m actually worried about that 10 years span thing. DD: I wonder if its true.

If its true, then I kind of doubt that Tooru would spend 10 years of his life working at Kissuiso.! Tooru baby, I don't want you to leave the show!!! D:
I get a sneaking suspicion that most things of this nature that we heard about originated from 4chan.

I first found out about this series through /a/, and the impression I had of the series based on the posters was that this was some kind of school days esque fucked up anime with crazy fucked up sex/violence.
Old 2011-06-08, 18:27   Link #218
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I actually saw that rumor on 4chan so.... xDD

And pfft, 4chan can't make up their minds of anything anymore.

They used to hate Tooru and call him a pedo. And now they say he's alpha and he should NTR Minchi with Ohana.

They used to love Ko but now they say he´s a wuss.

Inconsistencies I tell you!!
Old 2011-06-08, 19:44   Link #219
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
...I REALLY doubt Tohru doesn't know how much he likes Ohana. I think he just likes bullshitting about it.
Agreed. He knows he likes her. Although all I kept thinking was isn't she like 15 and he's 23?

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
Old 2011-06-08, 20:10   Link #220
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Ohana is 16. xDD

What I don't is how people go: "He's too old for her!"

And then say: "He should end up with Minko!"

I mean...seriously? Ohana and Minko are in the same grade, which means they should practically be the same age.

Minko is 17 while Ohana is 16. I'm sure its only months difference. So I don't get how Minko is fine but Ohana isn´t. >.>;;
Closed Thread

Tags
characters