AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-20, 20:41   Link #161
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well it certainly meet my expectation. show some few first party game along with third party stuff and focusing on System OS. then we have E3 for the rest.

Thought one thing that surprised me is that they didn't actually show the console ITSELF!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Diablo 3 on console? PS3 and 4?
Both of them. presumably also on 360 and Durango. maybe WiiU thought I am not sure

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 20:54   Link #162
Xagzan

Wait, what did SE say about FF?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 20:54   Link #163
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Overall, not a bad conference. It was a good appetizer for E3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Wait, what did SE say about FF?
They announced that they will announce a new FF game at E3. lmao
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 21:01   Link #164
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
They announced that they will announce a new FF game at E3. lmao
I forgot, did they really say it's gonna be a new one? I'm putting my money on it being versusXIII
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 21:13   Link #165
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Yeah, I think so. dun really care much about it though at this point in time. lol

and what's Versus? Never heard of it. :P
Old 2013-02-20, 21:54   Link #166
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Old 2013-02-20, 21:59   Link #167
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

how long is this fuckin gif hhaaha
Old 2013-02-20, 22:09   Link #168
marvelB

Welp, I guess it's just about that time for Versus 13 to get a new lengthy trailer (mostly made up of old footage) right before it gets "delayed" for ANOTHER hardware generation.

That being said, while the new controller was cool and all, nothing else really jumped out at me. Hopefully that sentiment will change come E3.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 22:12   Link #169
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

At first glance, I thought it looked like 2 ps move controllers attached to a block.
Old 2013-02-20, 22:31   Link #170
Xion Valkyrie

Consoles are basically vendor locked media center PCs at this point.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 23:07   Link #171
defki

Official full specs, hardware information, features, etc.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130221a_e.pdf
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130221b_e.pdf
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130221c_e.pdf

---

Give me the ketchup I am gonna eat a lot of crows now. Didn't expect 8GB.

GDDR5, ethernet, optical out, multitasking, suspend mode, share, remote play, head set, Gaikai, Android and iOS connectivity, background updates. Sony hitting home runs left and right.

Give me region free and used games and I am gonna pre order the shit out of this.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 23:20   Link #172
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
I forgot, did they really say it's gonna be a new one? I'm putting my money on it being versusXIII
Well it only lasted about a minute, but pretty sure he said new and not just incredibly delayed .

Hopefully it's a completely fresh and new game to get excited about. I'm tired of anything with "13" in it .

Though personally they had me groaning the moment they mentioned that infamous FF7 video from the PS3 announcement...At least this time they were smart enough to stick to videos of things that will never exist.
Old 2013-02-21, 00:19   Link #173
defki

Sony tells Eurogamer: PlayStation 4 will not block used games

Thank you based Kaz, Yosp and whoever else. Please for the love of everything keep this stance.

So where is that pre order button...
Old 2013-02-21, 00:43   Link #174
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Okay, that was my biggest fear... I still have a PS2, and my PS3, so backwards-compatability isn't the biggest of all issues; it's just rather nice to be able to play all games on one machine

And my whole thing about used games is not to do with a physical copy, but the fact that last I checked (and my information could be in error here), the games they sell online cost just as much as a new copy, and I don't have $60 to shell out each time a new game that catches my attention is released

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:01   Link #175
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Is it still region free?
Not confirmed yet. But I honestly doubt it will be region locked. The Vita isn't. Why change now?
Old 2013-02-21, 04:10   Link #176
solidvanz
Special Operative

Sony PlayStation Meeting 2013 livestream:
http://www.gametrailers.com/netstora...ing/index.html

PS4 DualShock Controller:
http://asia.gamespot.com/features/pl...llery-6404249/
Old 2013-02-21, 07:46   Link #177
Domonkazu

hardware is meh, they need to show more games.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 07:51   Link #178
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I was really underwhelmed, honestly. I expected a lot of details to be revealed at E3, or at least closer to launch, but this was like watching Nintendo's Wii U reveals. Just not much to go on, except that Sony basically said "we're going to do everything they did, but more of it, and better!" But I don't feel they've done a good job of that.

Sure, sharing videos is nice, I guess. Miiverse is great though, and is only getting better. And PC is far superior, with years of support for this concept.

Gakai streaming is nice, but I doubt we'll see full library support. And I expect MS to stumble here as well. I worry about those PSN and Live purchases people have made. Nintendo remains quite strong with their BC, but all three really lack the ability to run old software like PC's can.

The controller was meh. It suits those who want evolution, perhaps, but it feels "me too" in the face of Nintendo. I generally tend to chuckle at this, because as much as people love to slam Nintendo for their hardware, their controller innovations end up adopted anyway.

The games were not impressive. Graphically, it's not that huge of a leap, but more worrisome is that Sony loves overselling and misleading about power. I saw nothing jaw dropping. Killzone looked impressive, but the AI, models, and animations were awful. It was also heavily scripted, meaning that the developers could use tricks to hide what they don't want you to see. And if anyone remembers the PS3 reveal, I have no faith that developers were running any of it on the system, even if they claim they are. By far the most interesting "game", was the sculpting tool with the Move controller. Now that was innovative, and will draw in a lot of players if marketed properly.

Put simply, most of the game reveals look like they were directed by JJ Abrams. Lens flare and bloom everywhere. If that's "next gen dynamic lighting", I'll pass.

While they mentioned you can play used games, and the system has a disk drive, they also have patented many ideas now that would restrict used games. Even the idea of downloading full games to "demo" them seems like a move to push away from used gaming. From a business standpoint, digital is the future. The problem is how much access they are willing to let you have....and what happens when you don't have internet or the service has interruptions.

And of course, the services. I expect MS to push this more, but really this is what it's really all about. They want an "everything box". I wonder if they're pushing themselves out of the market by doing this. If everything is eventually usable on any device, is there really any difference between Sony and a third party developer? I think people don't realize that the only reason the Apple ecosystem works is because of their proprietary hardware and software. It's why Android lags behind them even with its "open like a PC" design. Nintendo gets this. You don't buy one of their systems just for third parties anymore. You buy them because you love Nintendo hardware and their software ecosystem.

Ultimately my biggest worry is the third parties themselves. I'm starting to miss the era of Sega, quite frankly. Third parties have become bigger than the console makers themselves, and this hasn't been a good thing. With the larger companies spending the middle tier companies out of existence, the market has become stratified between "indie" and "Hollywood". If the other entertainment industries are any idea, this is not a good thing for the industry in the long term. Throwing big money around and chasing money down the drain is like Icarus chasing the sun. The end result is a few megapublishers dictating the market, and the breadth of games during the 80's, 90's, and early 2k's, will seem a distant memory going forward.

Drive Club for example, may be the developers vision for a detailed driving game, enthusiast style. But my thought wasn't about their vision for online challenge modes and super realistic engines I'll rarely see. It was "but is this game fun to play?"

Fun. That part of gaming that the western driven industry seems to forget in their equations. Once you get past the set pieces, grand music, and fancy graphics, how many games from western studios can you really say were fun and stuck with you? The glut of such games sitting on used shelves and Steam backlogs while "quirky Japanese" titles get harder to find and more expensive tells me we're in for a crash on at least one side of the pond.

Anyway, those are mostly my thoughts for now. I definitely think E3 is going to be amazing this year, and the second half of the year will be really exciting to watch as all of these competing visions clash.
Old 2013-02-21, 08:57   Link #179
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

100% agree Solace I also found it incredibly underwhelming, there just wasn't enough there to build any real excitement for me at least.

KZ4 is just another example of the brute force graphics > gameplay mentality and once the initial awe of its looks wore off the gameplay itself looked no different to anything else out right now..

Half the point of a console unveiling is to well unveil the actual console and they didn't even do that which is frankly a little worrying.

Also they briefly touched on that you can play last gen games by streaming them but tiptoed past weather you'd actually have to re-buy them again....

Last edited by Drake; 2013-02-21 at 09:18.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 10:00   Link #180
Sides

Because the PS4 is build on x86 tech, not all PSN titles will be useable on the PS4. Considering that sony does actually jumps onto different architecture each generation, make sure you are completely aware that the next console might not be able to play PS4gen's PSN titles, before going complete DD this gen.

source: engadget
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote