AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2015-03-25, 18:01   Link #4441
Zealty

Extremely hyped for this right now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8zRkNAePcY

Once it comes out in July, I'll immediately drop everything I'm doing to play it.
Zealty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 19:08   Link #4442
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Is it actually coming out for real this time? That game's been in development for what feels like a decade.
Old 2015-03-25, 21:39   Link #4443
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
https://twitter.com/SCA_DI/status/565432384154521600

Fans of Sca Ji (Suba Hibi, H2O) rejoice.....After a decade, Sakura no Uta is set for July release

It is confirmed

Also, from that PV looks like the central theme now will be Emily Dickinson's poems

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2015-03-25 at 23:21.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 15:23   Link #4444
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I'm still waiting for SubaHibi to be translated, but it is good to see Sca-ji's writing back in action.
Old 2015-03-28, 20:17   Link #4445
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So...has anyone read the poems mentioned in that PV?
Old 2015-04-25, 16:50   Link #4446
Zealty

You mean 春と修羅? The other poetry referenced in Sakura no Uta's OP is the one by Emily Dickinson. It'd take a while to list all that's referenced in the OP, but the 春と修羅 one is the most notable for being quoted at the very beginning for more than a few seconds. As far as reading it goes... h-hahaha...

I gave up 1/3 of the way through out of sheer exhaustion. It's like the detailing of a multidimensional LSD landscape projected through infinite layers of metaphorical complexity. With multi-language puns and the like interwoven into the writing! Although, it looks to be the case that 春と修羅 has the most relevance to SnU as a reference.

Also,
https://twitter.com/SCA_DI/status/589353799149494272

https://twitter.com/SCA_DI/status/589354675431813120

Oh god, Sca-ji is going to destroy our minds with this one for sure.. xD
Old 2015-04-26, 01:42   Link #4447
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I mean Emily Dickinson's "I Dwell in Possibility" and her other works

And I really never understood why people cannot understand Sca Ji in Suba Hibi. It's really like he said in his tweets...these are not "hard" views per se but simply "different"

In fact if you ask me, these aren't even novel views. They have been widely touched upon in various works worldwide and Sca Ji is just adding on to the works on the topic

The only thing maybe denpa in Suba Hibi is the gratuitous violence but it's really just a literary device, albeit one that works like an acid trip. But the concepts themselves aren't difficult or alien

On the note of Sakura no Uta: https://twitter.com/SCA_DI/status/591775013709058048

Scenario is complete
Old 2015-04-26, 05:24   Link #4448
Zealty

I forget what it was, but I remember one interpretation of that poem brought forth the notion that Emily Dickinson is stating poetry is superior to prose, and this is having to do with the aesthetic value. Whatever that means for Sakura no Uta is currently unknown (besides the painting motif)..

Well yes, it's not like any of the ideas in SubaHibi are too hard to grasp. After all, the whole point to the work Sca-ji wanted to enforce is to present a layman's variation of Ludwig Wittgenstein's propositional logic. (And I don't think he's going to do any different with Sakura no Uta, given the terrible state of affairs Makura would be in if he made the work too ambiguous for the average eroge player's enjoyment. They really put their whole budget into this work.)

However, understanding the plot is a different matter entirely. (This is what people mainly refer to when they try to categorize SubaHibi under the 'mindscrew' label) You basically either need to 1); think so impossibly outside-the-box, or 2), be Sca-ji, to really understand SubaHibi's plot as a whole. From the looks of things, Sakura no Uta is going to be 4-5mb of text (about double the size of SubaHibi), littered with even more allusions and metaphors to complement the story's culmination. This certainly spells disaster for all the completionists/perfectionists out there who like to understand every facet of a story. x_x

Sca-ji intended for the ideas to be the most important aspect of SubaHibi, and that's why I don't even think that anything he writes should be classified as "mindscrew" in the first place. Yet, I am one of those who have... xD

At any rate, I look forward to this July to experience the workings of his mind once again.
Old 2015-04-26, 05:39   Link #4449
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The way I see it? Otonashi Ayana is simply Yog-Sothoth who just decided to dream up a new world to play in. And give a philosophy lesson at the same time.

"I am My World"

LW, TLP

And on the point of Dickinson, while "I Dwell in Possibility" is commonly seen as referring to the poetry form, I wonder if it is not meant to be literal in this case....

Interestingly, I am not too surprised when I see 春と修羅 is by the 銀河鉄道の夜 author. Sca Ji loves to reference that piece and the content seems to fit the author's common themes as well
Old 2015-04-26, 07:16   Link #4450
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

春と修羅(mental sketch modified)is supposed to give that chaotic acid trip feel I think. After all, it depicts the chaotic shura realm of the speaker's heart, the central theme being dissolving the troubles of one's heart and finding a peaceful "spring."

Sakura no Uta does seem to follow similar themes from the site alone but well...knowing Sca Ji....the site's kind of useless lol

What is truly a headache to read on the other hand, is 序

I don't know if the central theme of the Miyazawa poems referenced will center on 春と修羅(mental sketch modified)but if it includes the rest, then yes....I can see how this will become a highly packed work indeed
Old 2015-04-26, 08:01   Link #4451
Zealty

Yep, and that is in essence,
Spoiler:
A (nearly) final version of my interpretation which holds the same essence.

I won't get too much into this topic anymore, but I'd just like to add that the majority of people say the opposite of what we both said above. Rather that the plot is really simple to understand, yet the ideas are nigh impossible to interpret. They're not misunderstood or anything, but I just think it's cool to have someone see things kind of on the same wavelength like this. xD

I don't think any of us really know what to expect from Sca-ji on Sakura no Uta, except the unexpected itself probably lol. Anyways, I'm not going to try to continue reading 春と修羅 or interpret Dickinson's poem yet (as well as delve into the rest of the references), until I'm done with the story where I have some grounding to go on. Although I guess the one thing we can all expect is for SnU to be cool as hell. :excited:
Old 2015-04-26, 09:00   Link #4452
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The source materials form a complement to the game in my case. And it also helps in knowing Sca Ji's tweets and views better XD

Also of note is that the interpretations above, yours and mine, are fairly close to Sca Ji's own remarks on the matter also prompted by someone questioning him on the matter of solipism

https://twitter.com/SCA_DI/status/590823577118638080

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2015-04-26 at 09:13.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 05:58   Link #4453
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Speaking of Sca Ji's interpreters, this guy has tried to analyze Sakura no Uta's opening

http://sr-ktd.tumblr.com/

And his convo with Sca Ji on Wittgenstein's picture theory of language

https://twitter.com/SCA_DI/status/592845147571933184
Old 2015-05-31, 23:57   Link #4454
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Playing Ensemble's Damamuko. One thought reoccurs consistently as I play.

You can do it, love-letter girl! You can DO IIIIIITTT!!!!!!
Old 2015-06-01, 01:26   Link #4455
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Im still waiting for the sequels to koihime to be translated into eng, god i wish the anime followed that, especially the 2nd pc game
Old 2015-06-01, 06:16   Link #4456
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
というのは嘘で、サクラノ詩ではごく普通(?)なシナリオを二人とも書いています。普通の定義は良く分かり ませんが(すっとぼけ)。
Sca ji being such a tease again as usual....
Old 2015-06-02, 05:15   Link #4457
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Only the imouto left, but I've pretty much finished Damamuko. Reona's and Rin's routes are the tentpole routes of this game so they were easily the best out of the whole game. The game got one of Getchu's "Best Game" stamps, and it really does pay to play one of these games. My recent stint of other visual novels had been leaving me wanting.

I think Monster Girl Quest ruined me for the vast majority of eroges. The stories for the most part just don't leave the lasting impression that MGQ had.
Old 2015-06-10, 10:54   Link #4458
rladls2121

Did anyone enjoyed. Sanoba Witch?
Nene and Meguru are the best.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-10, 11:50   Link #4459
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Did anyone enjoyed. Sanoba Witch?
Nene and Meguru are the best.
Dito. Meguru was my personal favorite, which was a positive surprise as my inital impression of her character was only okay-ish.
Old 2015-06-10, 15:51   Link #4460
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I played that. For me, it's a tight battle between Meguru and Wakana. Tsumugi was cute too, can't go wrong with cross-dressing-loli-big-boobs

This reminds me Nene's route is the only one I haven't played.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel