AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-10, 15:55   Link #1
shaselai

So any news on next Gundam anime?

Its been pretty quiet... didnt destiny come up in winter time? Any rumors or news thus far? Many OVAs came out since destiny ended..
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 18:42   Link #2
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
There isn't a new Gundam series every year/every other year. It doesn't work like that all the time, though SEED and SEED Destiny kind of spoiled us like that. I think Sunrise learned their lesson after the three consecutive years of Gundam (G/W/X) with by the time X came about people were really burnt out and X was canned a bit early. So it could be another year or so till we see another series (though I would not be suprised if it's a new Cosmic Era series).
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 19:27   Link #3
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

In the mean time though, we do have Stargazer coming soon, and then the SEED theatrical movie is scheduled for the end of the year (at least, I think it's the end of this year...maybe it was the end of next year....hell, I dunno)
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 20:14   Link #4
brightman
Ancient Member

There's also the last ep of MS IGLOO and Destiny Special Edition coming up...

And the Seed movie will probably more than compensate for the lack of a TV series. There hasn't been an original Gundam theatrical movie that was aired simultaneously with a TV series before, after all.

All signs pointed to 2007 for the next Gundam series anyway, and its supposedly UC-fanbait.
Old 2006-07-10, 22:05   Link #5
[DarkazurESky]

As far as I concern, I think I read some approximate release dates.

Gundam SEED Destiny Special Editions:
2nd will be out in late this month, July 27 and 28.
3rd around late October.
Final around late January 2007.

Stargazer OVA:
1st at next friday.
2nd around August.
Final around September.
All three will be released on DVD on November.

Delta Astray will start with in two monts, at least it will start late 2006.

Two movies are to be released separately on late this year and early 2007. No details.

And Gundam SEED Destiny sequal are rumored to be released mid-to-late 2007 or early 2008.

Latter two listing are supposed so do not ask/flame me.
[DarkazurESky] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 22:21   Link #6
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

I hope the next Gundam show has a pilot Thats so bad ass he gets a nick name and pilots a red gundam/mobile suit. That would make my day.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 11:11   Link #7
Lotiman

The OVA = half an hour show or longer?
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 11:19   Link #8
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Greatness
I hope the next Gundam show has a pilot Thats so bad ass he gets a nick name and pilots a red gundam/mobile suit. That would make my day.
Oh well gee. that's sooooo origanl!
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 11:34   Link #9
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotiman
The OVA = half an hour show or longer?
The OVA consists of three 15 minute episodes.
Old 2006-07-11, 13:34   Link #10
shaselai

whats the movie about? the ovas are not more recaps with some new screens is it?
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 14:19   Link #11
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai
whats the movie about? the ovas are not more recaps with some new screens is it?
The Destiny Special Editions are just like the SEED SE's, and basically are the gospel when it comes to the way the Destiny storyline is supposed to go (just like the 3rd SEED SE removed Mwu's helmet, allowing us to get Neo in Destiny. The missing helmet version is the official version.). There are new scenes added, but a large percentage of the SE's are just footage from the series.

The Stargazer OVA is roughly 45 minutes of a new story, set right around the time of the Junius Seven fall in Destiny. Not counting the shot of the OS in teh Strike Noir in the trailer, so far, it's all brand new animation.

The theatrical movie is set after Destiny and will have Kira, Athrun, Shinn, Cagalli and Lacus according to Gunota. No idea as to the plot yet.
Old 2006-07-11, 15:48   Link #12
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I don't buy that new gospel $hit...Yes it will be canon but I won't forget the series or the weirdness the changes in the SE's will create(If they are like Final Plus in the end)...What ever happened to having and planning a great series and executing it while achieving your ideal vision?? I mean it happens alot, most all of my favorite series have no specials, no re-writes and were executed...

The theatrical movie will be post Desrtiny huh?? First time I've ever heard anything about that...Hmmm...That may mean no new C.E. series (When has a theatrical release ever been followed by the same series in Gundam??)...Damn each month it feels as if something totally different is gonna take place in Gundam...I guess Bandai is smart for that...Maybe they are hiding that new series under our noses and it will be a new venture...

Does movie = no series...Because that is usually the case in Gundam (CCA, F91 both were meant to be series but once given a movie budget the series were scrapped, although Wing was so popular it spawned a movie)...I personally don't think a movie can accomplish more than a series in a story-sense, but I look forward to a movie wrapping up the C.E. over another series...
Old 2006-07-11, 15:59   Link #13
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I don't buy that new gospel $hit...Yes it will be canon but I won't forget the series or the weirdness the changes in the SE's will create(If they are like Final Plus in the end)...What ever happened to having and planning a great series and executing it while achieving your ideal vision?? I mean it happens alot, most all of my favorite series have no specials, no re-writes and were executed...
Oh I agree with you fully, it's just that we get stuck dealing with the changes, like them or not.

Quote:
The theatrical movie will be post Desrtiny huh?? First time I've ever heard anything about that...Hmmm...That may mean no new C.E. series (When has a theatrical release ever been followed by the same series in Gundam??)...Damn each month it feels as if something totally different is gonna take place in Gundam...I guess Bandai is smart for that...Maybe they are hiding that new series under our noses and it will be a new venture...

Does movie = no series...Because that is usually the case in Gundam (CCA, F91 both were meant to be series but once given a movie budget the series were scrapped, although Wing was so popular it spawned a movie)...I personally don't think a movie can accomplish more than a series in a story-sense, but I look forward to a movie wrapping up the C.E. over another series...

I'm prettyy sure Gunota said it's set after Destiny, but I could be wrong.
Old 2006-07-11, 16:05   Link #14
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness

Meh, don't worry, they've broken the rule already might as well break it again. After all, since when was the last time an alternative universe ever spawned a sequel? Not only did CE received a sequel, but also a movie. They are just gonne keep on milking this thing, eh?

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 16:14   Link #15
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Don't worry?? I guess you don't know much about me XD...A new C.E. series is what worries me...I'd much rather see a movie end the C.E. rather than another syringe full of air to the heart in the form of a series...
Old 2006-07-11, 16:21   Link #16
Tak

*Gasp* Aw, your post is a 'syringe full of air' to my heart. Pain!! PAIN!

I love CE. Aw.

I am actually looking forward to a brand new generation of CE casts... heh

- Tak
Old 2006-07-11, 17:16   Link #17
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
*Gasp* Aw, your post is a 'syringe full of air' to my heart. Pain!! PAIN!

I love CE. Aw.

I am actually looking forward to a brand new generation of CE casts... heh

- Tak
LOL
How July 2006 of you

Good thing you just joined...enjoy...
Old 2006-07-11, 17:19   Link #18
cloudedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DarkazurESky]
[B]Two movies are to be released separately on late this year and early 2007. No details.
I remember the 2 movies news... but are both movies going to be in the CE universe or just one?

I also feel that the movie seems to be a way to end the trilogy (well at least many GW and UC sort of ended that way)

And didn't Fukuda said he wanted CE to be a 3part trilogy like Star Wars?

@Tak
No new cast please. We've already seen what Fukuda can and cannot do with the new cast in GSD... CE itself isn't a really interesting universe, if they're going to bring in a new cast, they might as well start with a fresh universe. The Natural / Coordinator conflict started out good, but now it just seem so imbalance... Coordinator are protrayed as so damn superior and Natural being so evil... and most importantly teenagers rule the CE universe (literally!)
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 18:04   Link #19
Tak

"teenagers rule the CE universe (literally!)"

Don't teens rule most of the Gundam universe anyway? *grin*

Sorry cloudedge, my whole entire objective of watching GSD was not for its new cast, but the old casts. When I first saw GSD on promo, I immediately knew that Shinn (in fact, I hated him upon first sight) was to be replaced, and that was prior to watching a single episode of GSD. It turned out my predictions were correct, and I hate to say it, but I like it that way, even though GSD left much to be desired.

And I'd be a little reserved than to lash out against Fukuda completely. He was probably pressured extensively by fans (myself included) to get Kira/Lacus back. The polls were an obvious indication of that.

When I said a new generation, I really meant an entire new generation of casts in a much later CE calender, free from existing ones.

At the same time, the current CE story isn't over yet. For all we know, Atray D just introduced Mars, an entirely independent faction. Who knows what they could have been doing while Earth and PLANT were busy fighting each other. Surely they were observing, and planning...

"Good thing you just joined...enjoy..."

Nah, I been observing this forum since last year now... can't say I am really all that new.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2006-07-11 at 18:39.
Old 2006-07-11, 19:09   Link #20
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
When I said a new generation, I really meant an entire new generation of casts in a much later CE calender, free from existing ones.
I would love to see a brand new generation something into the future with a brand new cast maybe some descendants of the current cast or something like that. But a new cast and new generation would be a breath of fresh air on the CE universe.
Silent Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote