AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-05-28, 21:21   Link #221
Siegel Clyne

Seiyuu Associated with Arts Vision and I'm Enterprise

Arts Vision Chairman Arrested for Sexual Assault - Anime News Network

Quote:
[Sakumi] Matsuda founded Arts Vision in 1984 after working as a manager at the Tokyo Actor's Consumer's Cooperative Society. Since its inception, Arts Vision has been known for managing many of Japan's most popular anime voice actors and actresses. Some famous names that have worked with the company in the past include Yuji Ueda, Megumi Hayashibara, Miki Itoh, Hekiru Shiina and Yurika Ochiai.

Going by an unofficial Japanese source, Matsuda Sakumi (June 8, 1948-) came up with the concept of "idol seiyuu" ("idol voice actor") - Hayashibara Megumi, Mitsuishi Kotono, Shiratori Yuri, Shiina Hekiru, Horie Yui, Tamura Yukari, et al. - and along with King Records managing director Ootsuki Toshimichi (December 18, 1961-) started the "idol seiyuu boom" in the 1990s. (I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the preceding statement.)

I'm Enterprise is reportedly another seiyuu talent agency with Matsuda Sakumi ties.

Popular Female Voice Actors Associated with Arts Vision and/or I'm Enterprise
Horie Yui
Kuwatani Natsuko
Tamura Yukari
Asano Masumi
Ueda Kana
Saitou Chiwa
Kugimiya Rie
Takahashi Mikako
Nakahara Mai
Morinaga Rika
Hayashibara Megumi
Miyamura Yuuko
Minami Omi
Yukana

Up-And-Coming Female Voice Actors Associated with Arts Vision and/or I'm Enterprise
Fujita Saki
Yahagi Sayuri
Honda Youko
Matayoshi Ai

As of the date and time of this post, because of heavy Internet traffic, clicking on the links for Arts Vision and I'm Enterprise official websites and official web pages for the seiyuu below gives the same error messages at http://www.artsvision.co.jp/err.html and http://www.imenterprise.jp/err.html.

Kotono Mitsuishi Personal Data @ ARTSVISION

Hekiru Shiina Personal Data @ ARTSVISION

Yui Horie Personal Data @ ARTSVISION

Natsuko Kuwatani Personal Data @ ARTSVISION

Yukari Tamura @ I'm Enterprise

Masumi Asano Personal Data @ ARTSVISION

Kana Ueda @ I'm Enterprise

Chiwa Saito @ I'm Enterprise

Rie Kugimiya @ I'm Enterprise

Mikako Takahashi @ I'm Enterprise

Mai Nakahara @ I'm Enterprise

Rika Morinaga @ I'm Enterprise

Saki Fujita @ ARTSVISION

Sayuri Yahagi @ ARTSVISION

Youko Honda @ I'm Enterprise

Ai Matayoshi @ ArtsVision

Big seiyuu talent agencies Arts Vision and I'm Enterprise reportedly carry a lot of clout in the Japanese animation industry.

On the other hand, dramatic department - the talent agency which manages the career of Tanaka Rie - is tiny, with reportedly little clout in the Japanese animation industry. It is not even really a seiyuu talent agency.

On the top page of its official website, dramatic department lists only three people whose careers it manages: 1) [theater, musical, concert] producer (enshutsuka) Kanno Koumei; 2) voice actor-singer (seiyuu-kashu) Tanaka Rie; and 3) lyricist and composer (sakushi sakkyoku) Douno Youko. (The top link is the company overview {kaishagaiyou}).

Lacus Clyne aka Chii aka Suigintou does okay getting work in anime, though.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-05-29 at 03:46. Reason: Fixed a bad link.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 21:23   Link #222
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Uh, you must be getting Japan and some other country mixed up, because under 18 is considered a minor, and any adult having sexual activity involving him/her is held accountable for statutory crime. Not only that, but Arts Vision is in Tokyo, and they have a prefecture law specificly for that.

You might wanna go look up 青少年保護育成条例 (Minor protection and education act... no idea what the official english term for it is, but that's the direct translation of the prefectual act in which 46 prefectures are active) before you get some people strange ideas.

Just like most laws (including age of consent) are governed by STATE laws in U.S., they are governed by Prefecture laws in Japan.
Don't just think federal laws are everything.
I did some research and you are correct, the prefecture law does indeed make it 18 years of age. It's 13 by national law, so I think I may have gotten the age confused with Canada's which is 14. Whoops!

Anyway I'm going to sit back because this is going to be one heck of a scandal I would imagine, and one I think is unfortunately necessary. Just yesterday on the forums somewhere (I think it was the Lucky Star Voice Actor Appreciation forum), somebody said Japan doesn't respond to corruption unless it reaches the point where it can no longer be ignored and your's truly chimed in on it and the damage it could cause (and because of the fact that I'm borderline clairvoyant it actually comes true the next day, the part about the seedy underside of Japanese business getting exposed that is. Gotta give credit to Houkoholic for bringing it up too). Well that's the case here so I want to see what gets done about it and how much damage it does to the industry now that it has been allowed to explode onto the scene instead of being nipped in the bud.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-28 at 21:34.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 09:14   Link #223
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

It truly is a shocking event, 2ch is shaken to its core.

http://blog.yam.com/dormcat/article/10245652

And now the plot thickens.

When Ochiai Yurika (Konomi - ToHeart2) quit ArtsVision on October 2006, everyone on 2ch was speculating on the reason of her sudden departure. Upon this news being revealed, she wrote the following message on her blog:

http://yaplog.jp/yurisii/archive/2620

私は運がいいです。 - I'm very, very lucky.

Unbelievable, no disrespect intended to anyone, but everything in our wicked hentai fantasies could (a big "could" at that) actually be true.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 11:35   Link #224
Kai1
watashi wa L desu~

Arts Vision CEO arrested for Sexual Assault

not relevant anymore since some mod merged it

Last edited by Kai1; 2007-06-06 at 16:03.
Kai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 12:18   Link #225
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai1 View Post
I thought this might be of interest to anime fans.
The founder and CEO of one of the biggest seiyuu-talent agencies was arrested and admitted to molesting a 16 year old girl who wanted to become a voice actress.
Read the whole story here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...irman-arrested

Also of interest: http://blog.yam.com/dormcat/article/10245652

Note especially the section on Yurika Ochiai who quit ArtsVision last year for ambiguous reasons and her comments in her blog relating to this case.

The ArtsVision main website has been replaced with a message that they'll address the arrest once lawyers are consulted.
What do you think we'd just been discussing for the past page and a half?

Anyway apparently something can shake 2ch. Who would have thunk it? I mean I thought they were like the peak of solidarity and unyielding commitment to causes, such as buying campaigns, studios/companies and preferred moe girls.
Old 2007-05-29, 13:34   Link #226
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
What do you think we'd just been discussing for the past page and a half?
No need to get upset. He created a thread on the general chat section with that news, and I merged it with this one. As simple as that
Normally posts with a title inside a big thread mean that they were merged.
Old 2007-05-30, 08:57   Link #227
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai1 View Post
I thought this might be of interest to anime fans.
The founder and CEO of one of the biggest seiyuu-talent agencies was arrested and admitted to molesting a 16 year old girl who wanted to become a voice actress.
Read the whole story here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...irman-arrested

Also of interest: http://blog.yam.com/dormcat/article/10245652

Note especially the section on Yurika Ochiai who quit ArtsVision last year for ambiguous reasons and her comments in her blog relating to this case.

The ArtsVision main website has been replaced with a message that they'll address the arrest once lawyers are consulted.
Aw shucks, that's exactly the same stuff that I've written in my post above. Anyway, 2ch is in an uproar right now because of this. Think of all the female seiyuus under ArtsVision (I don't know about the guys, that's up to the yaoi fangirls to imagine), poor Hocchan in particular. I'm still finding it hard to take in.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 19:31   Link #228
Siegel Clyne

Arts Vision head Matsuda Sakumi resigns over sex scandal.

Seiyuu Associated with Arts Vision and I'm Enterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Arts Vision Chairman Arrested for Sexual Assault - Anime News Network

I'm Enterprise is reportedly another seiyuu talent agency with Matsuda Sakumi ties.

The official websites for Arts Vision, I'm Enterprise, and Nichinare indicated on May 30, 2007 that they have received and accepted the resignation of representative director and company president Matsuda Sakumi.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 19:48   Link #229
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
...Anyway apparently something can shake 2ch. Who would have thunk it? I mean I thought they were like the peak of solidarity and unyielding commitment to causes, such as buying campaigns, studios/companies and preferred moe girls.
They have solidarity with their favorite seiyuus. That is a bigger cause than any buying campaign or studio, by far. Ochiai Yurika, mentioned before, has among the highest number of threads of any seiyuu, based more on sympathy for her stories of her hard life as a seiyuu than on her actual roles. As kj1980 has written, she has told of having her electricity cut off, and of having to sell her possessions to get by. She has a great blog, with many photos and an incredible number of posts.

I don't know what effect this scandal will have on public perception of the industry and of the specific seiyuu who are repped by those agencies. I suspect they will escape untainted, in the long run, whatever may have happened to some of them in the past, but that they are probably not sleeping well right now. Fans, however, are on their side, calling for an end to "sexual harassment, power harassment, and 'pillow business'" in the industry.

By the way, I would not look at the list of top seiyuu with each of these agencies to find people who had fallen victim to this practice. It would rather be among the names we hardly know.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-06-04 at 20:44.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 22:01   Link #230
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
By the way, I would not look at the list of top seiyuu with each of these agencies to find people who had fallen victim to this practice. It would rather be among the names we hardly know.
I hope Rie Kugimiya wasn't one. I don't think she was because she has inate talent and I doubt she needed a booster. Plus, I imagine if somebody tried to pull that she'd kick em square in the balls with a "BAKA! BAKA! BAKA!"

Among the list I recognize Nobuyuki Hiyama the God of Gar, but odds of him being engaged in the practice....yeah....
Old 2007-06-05, 03:03   Link #231
Honey_and_Cleaver

Some of the voice actors might have had sex with the producers in secret to get in. Some might got assaulted but not yet been reported or too affraid. Well all the anime producers who make some real crappy harem animes have their own attitude,ego and character injected into the male protagonist. If youre an artist, youd know. Thats why i advise some people not to watch some animes because they are suck in terms of the way the present their anime and story. They get their passion from the appeal of the female VAs, molesting them reveals their real attitude. This higher up bastards taking advantage of common people.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 04:30   Link #232
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Well all the anime producers who make some real crappy harem animes have their own attitude,ego and character injected into the male protagonist.
What are you on? It have nothing to do with the anime and its genre. May as well say that people making or voice casting Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni will turn into spree murderers.

This case is no more no less about someone abusing its power to make or break one person's career, like how it happen in any work from the next door's post office to Hollywood.
Old 2007-06-05, 10:18   Link #233
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Well all the anime producers who make some real crappy harem animes have their own attitude,ego and character injected into the male protagonist. If youre an artist, youd know. Thats why i advise some people not to watch some animes because they are suck in terms of the way the present their anime and story. They get their passion from the appeal of the female VAs, molesting them reveals their real attitude. This higher up bastards taking advantage of common people.
Harem anime are produced because they sell. Period. And as far as the typical male lead in harem anime goes, traces of attitude, ego, or character have rarely been reported.
Old 2007-06-06, 09:21   Link #234
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

And I quote from The Industry - Lifestyle and Wages post #38 2006-02-19:

Quote:
Seriously, the anime industry is not all glitz and glory. It's just like any other entertainment industry. Lots of shit goes on in the back, that will make your head spin - wishing you never knew what goes behind their facade of cute smiles and moe~ voices. Trust me, don't stick your head in any further and keep your dream as your dream. Once you know the reality, it's basically like any other industry filled with sex, power, money, and back dealings.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 16:24   Link #235
Kai1
watashi wa L desu~

i posted the thread since i didnt know there already was a topic (well it might not be clear to everyone that this scandal has to be in the seiyuu thread).
I thought it was deleted since it was gone and no one pmed me.
funny thing is I found this post on a blog post linking to animesuki -.-

..thanks for making me look stupid, mod.
Kai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 16:33   Link #236
Disembodied Voice
m-serve style

I'll just say...sucks to be Yui Horie lately... =P
Disembodied Voice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 16:44   Link #237
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disembodied Voice View Post
I'll just say...sucks to be Yui Horie lately... =P
She could really use a serious role to bolster her career these days. Something not limited to being a cute girl with a sympathetic flaw. Wings of Rean was probably the only thing she was in that I ever really truly liked without having to accept certain things in order to enjoy it more. After that eeeeeeeehhhhh.... to much harem stuff. Instant gratification, but not a career advancing opportunity. Oh and Pretear was alright, but like I said she's in too much harem stuff normally.

At face value I believe she is innocent based on the innocent until proven guilty clause because she hasn't been convicted of any offence and it doesn't sound like she will be, because frankly its the bosses fault and he admitted his guilt.
Old 2007-06-07, 19:18   Link #238
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Why is it that in the west, people loves scandals (Paris Hilton,Britney Spears,etc) whereas in the east, those Otakus want their idol to be pure Virginal ?

Seiyuu-Otaks have to wake up to the fact that Seiyuus are humans too.Just being human entitled them to make mistakes in life, however big or small.

I don't really buy the fact that Horie is all innocent. (She being in her 30's now, I don't think she'a all that.....innocent, if you get my drift.)
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 02:53   Link #239
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Why is it that in the west, people loves scandals (Paris Hilton,Britney Spears,etc) whereas in the east, those Otakus want their idol to be pure Virginal ?
It has less to do with otaku culture specifically as it is an issue within Asian culture in general. Asian stars are treated very differently when it comes down to questions of propriety: even something as prosaic as marriage can be a career-altering event (leading to many seiyuu leaving the industry on getting married), and divorces are strictly taboo.
Old 2007-06-08, 12:10   Link #240
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Is anyone really that suprise that something like this happen behind the scenes of the anime industry or the whole entertainment industry?

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2007-06-08 at 12:57.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seiyu