Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-23, 23:19   Link #1941
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
There was some updated animation, but it's been too long since I last watched those episodes to remember offhand. Episode 12 is basically the same though. One thing they did do was make the constellations and the stars clearer.

I haven't gotten around to listening to the commentaries for those episodes yet, but did just watch the Nadeko Snake ones. Oshino and Nadeko do them. She really freaks out in the scene where Hanekawa looks like she's about to kiss Koyomi. She also asks who Hitagi is when she is shown onscren, but Oshino declines to say anything. The best part was when Oshino wonders why she isn't worked up over the bloomer scene and how it was being sold everywhere. Her answer is that the only adults who would be turned on by a junior high school student are hentais.

P.S. The commentaries for Tsubasa Cat will have all the girls.

P.P.S. Just started watching the first Tsubasa Cat ep and it's Hanekawa and Nadeko. In the scene where Hanakawa promises to do anything as long as Koyomi doesn't tell anyone about her father hitting her she comments about how saying that to Koyomi is really dangerous. Nadeko tells her that he would do ask for anything perverted and it is the person that actually thinks someone would do so that is the pervert.
I also liked how they were talking the opening and Nadeko said Araragi confronted her about where she learned how to rap.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 23:53   Link #1942
ickem
シェリルの為に!

From episode 12.

Hitagi: The opening is about to begin. You sing it right? From the rumors I have heard it's quite a beautiful song. What is this? Isn't this Staple Stable? The one singing this, one moment please, while I concentrate. Yes, this beautiful voice, it belongs to me.

I have to say that the commentaries on top of the episodes themselves make the Bakemonogatari BDs well worth the investment and I didn't even mind the delays. They've all been lots of fun to listen to and even provided insight into the motives of the other characters since Koyomi is the only point of view character.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 23:58   Link #1943
zato_1one

Quote:
I haven't gotten around to listening to the commentaries for those episodes yet, but did just watch the Nadeko Snake ones. Oshino and Nadeko do them. She really freaks out in the scene where Hanekawa looks like she's about to kiss Koyomi. She also asks who Hitagi is when she is shown onscren, but Oshino declines to say anything. The best part was when Oshino wonders why she isn't worked up over the bloomer scene and how it was being sold everywhere. Her answer is that the only adults who would be turned on by a junior high school student are hentais.
This is pure win!
Old 2010-02-24, 00:08   Link #1944
juank_m10
Contractor

Quote:
Hitagi: The opening is about to begin. You sing it right? From the rumors I have heard it's quite a beautiful song. What is this? Isn't this Staple Stable? The one singing this, one moment please, while I concentrate. Yes, this beautiful voice, it belongs to me.
Hitagi... That's the Hitagi I know xD

And I hope that the "extinct" gg will continue working on this.
juank_m10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 00:26   Link #1945
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Tsubasa: Ah, OP song begins. Senjougahara sings this, right?
Hitagi: Exactly.
Tsubasa: Um.
Hitagi: This is worthy for a lady like me. I am the greatest! Fascinating!
Tsubasa: You're boasting about yourself. Wow, stapler sure is amazing.
Hitagi: BING. I really am an inspirational.
Commentary from eps 1...
Hitagi really boasting Stapler Stable...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 03:11   Link #1946
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So they comment the episode "in character"? That's awesome ! I need to hear this
Old 2010-02-24, 03:15   Link #1947
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Didn't they say during Ep13 AC that either 14 or 15 (I forgot which one) will be commented by Hanekawa and Hitagi's dad? Or was that a joke >_>
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 03:31   Link #1948
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
So they comment the episode "in character"? That's awesome ! I need to hear this
Yeah, it's in character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Didn't they say during Ep13 AC that either 14 or 15 (I forgot which one) will be commented by Hanekawa and Hitagi's dad? Or was that a joke >_>
No, it was a joke. They were commenting on how He will finally be doing an episode, so it's almost certainly Koyomi.

On a different note, I have found that the commentaries that have Hachikuji are by far the weakest. Nadeko's were really fun to listen to even though I like her story arc the least.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 03:49   Link #1949
Clarste
Human

The commentaries are especially interesting because they're pretty much the only time we see the characters interacting without Araragi. Well, not just pretty much, I think there literally aren't any conversations in the anime that don't involve Araragi. So seeing the other characters interacting with each other is an experience you don't normally get. That's probably why Hachikuji is less interesting: she's only interesting while bouncing off Araragi.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 04:30   Link #1950
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The commentaries are especially interesting because they're pretty much the only time we see the characters interacting without Araragi. Well, not just pretty much, I think there literally aren't any conversations in the anime that don't involve Araragi. So seeing the other characters interacting with each other is an experience you don't normally get. That's probably why Hachikuji is less interesting: she's only interesting while bouncing off Araragi.
Yea, I really can't imagine her talking to anyone other than him.
Old 2010-02-24, 05:43   Link #1951
Darth Atma
Rookie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Yes, it's commentary in character, not in voice actor/actress form such as others.

Cheers
Darth Atma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 05:46   Link #1952
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I just totally realized something. Coalgirls cut out the opening from their Bluray releases which means a part of their commentaries are also cut out so that the audio can match. THAT'S blasphemy, how dare they cut out Nisio-sensei's writing...shame man shame.
Old 2010-02-24, 06:09   Link #1953
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I just totally realized something. Coalgirls cut out the opening from their Bluray releases which means a part of their commentaries are also cut out so that the audio can match. THAT'S blasphemy, how dare they cut out Nisio-sensei's writing...shame man shame.
If I remember well they are using ordered chapter (however the commentary track are not muxed with the video file).
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 06:16   Link #1954
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
If I remember well they are using ordered chapter (however the commentary track are not muxed with the video file).
Honestly, it's not like I'm asking a lot. Correction translation and that you don't mess with the audio and video. Why can't there be a "perfect" fansub group where everything is fine and dandy.
Old 2010-02-24, 07:07   Link #1955
Woland
Latin Rascal

Do you know the meaning of ordered chapters?
You only have to download the OP once, in a different file, and the player will include that in the episode when and where needed.

And... if you want the perfect (?) edition there's always the option to buy DVD/BD (not that we lack of complete rips floating around everywhere).
Old 2010-02-24, 08:13   Link #1956
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Do you know the meaning of ordered chapters?
You only have to download the OP once, in a different file, and the player will include that in the episode when and where needed.
Problem with that, as omimon noted, is that the commentaries go through the opening too. Unless they were able to include each different audio track and have them play in the right place when you select the commentary track?

(Not that I would know, because I'm sticking with the raws and the DVDs.)

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 08:48   Link #1957
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Problem with that, as omimon noted, is that the commentaries go through the opening too. Unless they were able to include each different audio track and have them play in the right place when you select the commentary track?

Exactly, I'm actually not THAT mad about the opening being elsewhere but rather the fact that the commentaries got butchered.
Old 2010-02-24, 09:18   Link #1958
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post

BUT the point is there's NOT a secondary track in the sub, so nothing got butchered.
Not last time I checked.
I'm quite certain Coalgirl released commentary track separately, as a stand alone audio-only file for first volume. I only downloaded episode 9 after that (to check how was remade) and there's no sign of any commentary (but maybe I miss some v3-4-5 release, who know?).

Edit:
Ok I downloaded episode 01, staple stable and first commentary track in the same folder, I played the video and switched the audio to the commentary file and... all seem to work fine, I can clearly hear Hanekawa and Hitagi (watashi saiko... ) comment about the opening, at the right time of course (to bad I can't understand much). Case closed.

Last edited by Woland; 2010-02-24 at 09:44.
Old 2010-02-24, 09:42   Link #1959
Sol Falling

hmm, I got the bakemonogatari 1-5 batch from coalgirls as well and they do seem to have the commentaries as separate .flac files. It's probably safe to say they have the entire commentaries there, though as I haven't tried watching them I don't know how well the 'separate sound track' idea works.

edit:

So I went to their website and it seems you can play the separate commentary file without muxing it in in MPC. So their commentaries should theoretically be fine. But then apparently, it does seem like for episode 1 at least coalgirls cut out the commentary during the ED? I guess some 'butchering' may have gone on after all. People in the comments are talking about using Thora's commentary files which work with Coalgirls' episodes and are also apparently smaller so that might be a better idea.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2010-02-24 at 10:06.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 13:16   Link #1960
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Like others have said Coagirls have the commentary track as a separate file so nothing needs to get cut out.

Like I said before in this forum it's rather simple to play the audio track with the video if you're using windows and MPC since that player has an option to load a dub file.

Now I need to get cranking on that japanese so I can understand the dialogue.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural