AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 Series Rating
Perfect 10 365 44.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 199 24.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 92 11.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 9.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 31 3.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-24, 06:32   Link #181
Sol Falling

The nun's death is analogous to V.V.'s. Both were mortally wounded prior to their Code transfer, and thus died in approximately the same position as they were in before the transfer. None of the confusion you require to demonstrate the Nun had lost her memories was present at V.V.'s death either.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 13:11   Link #182
nick2951

8/10 for me since the ending was a little ambiguous

I have the opinion that if Lelouch is still alive and immortal, which I have a hope that he is, its because he developed his own code through his duel Geass.

The series still has not fully explained the origens of the geass and the codes; in fact, we were never really shown how V.V. got his.
nick2951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 15:07   Link #183
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriciaLamperouge View Post
But truly it is weird the way C.C talk in the end, it seems like she's talking 2 Lelouch. I think Sunrise make the ending 'unclear' like that 2 make us keep guessing & choose our most fav ending by each of ourselves. Well, I've choose mine...But I do hope Sunrise will tell us someday how the ending actually is. (though I doubt they will tell us)
Assuming that Lelouch really is dead, then he could be in a state similar to Marianne's state of mind. Marianne was physically dead but her spirit was alive in Anya's body. It could be similar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
Why are you assuming it has to be Charles that gives it to him? VV passed his immortality to Charles, CC passes hers to Lelouch, that simple.

What I gathered from Code Geass is that, in order to fulfill the Geass contract with an immortal, you must be able to properly gain mastery of the Geass power they give you and also be able to grant whatever wish the immortal included as part of the contract. If you can do both these things, the immortal can be set free and pass their immortality onto you. Once the immortality is passed onto you, the Geass they gave you is taken away but you are now able to grant Geass to other people and are immune to its effects.
We are never really told what happens to a code-holder (for a lack of better terms) after he/she gives away his/her code. I want to assume, based on what happened to the nun, that the code-holder dies if he/she has lived beyond the life span of an average human. This is assuming that the nun has lived a substantial amount of years.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 21:14   Link #184
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
Assuming that Lelouch really is dead, then he could be in a state similar to Marianne's state of mind. Marianne was physically dead but her spirit was alive in Anya's body. It could be similar...

We are never really told what happens to a code-holder (for a lack of better terms) after he/she gives away his/her code. I want to assume, based on what happened to the nun, that the code-holder dies if he/she has lived beyond the life span of an average human. This is assuming that the nun has lived a substantial amount of years.
Lelouch seemed to be confirmed dead. In volume 42 of the Japanese magazine 'Continue,' writer Ichiro Okouchi confirmed the finality of his death, which as he explains, is the price Lelouch had to pay for creating his better world.

I think the death process that Code-holders endure from fatal encounters activate when the Code leaves them. The Code only halts death at the bud until it's removed.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 00:01   Link #185
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
Lelouch seemed to be confirmed dead. In volume 42 of the Japanese magazine 'Continue,' writer Ichiro Okouchi confirmed the finality of his death, which as he explains, is the price Lelouch had to pay for creating his better world.

I think the death process that Code-holders endure from fatal encounters activate when the Code leaves them. The Code only halts death at the bud until it's removed.
Really? A link to that article would be splendid. I could finally put my mind at ease =)
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 00:05   Link #186
Miraploy

So if Lelouch is dead, then why did CC refute her earlier statement about Geass' lonliness?
Miraploy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 00:10   Link #187
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraploy View Post
So if Lelouch is dead, then why did CC refute her earlier statement about Geass' lonliness?
Eh, there are a number of possibility. One might be commenting on the fact that Geass brings loneliness, yet it was able to bring the world together in peace and prosperity. C.C. could be talking about finally finding a man she loved by chance through the Geass. Or she could be rambling on to a confused guy who picked her up. Knowing her character I wouldn't be that surprised if that was the case.
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 07:55   Link #188
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
Really???

So he is dead... The "debate" is over.
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 08:55   Link #189
lua thien
Fallen Exile

It would be nice to get a scan of the magazine rather than read the wikipedia entry of Lelouch.

Another thing was just added after that sentence (it may get deleted some time later):

Later in volume 44 of the Japanese magazine Continue, director Goro Taniguchi confirmed that Lelouch had attained CODE GEASS

The only reasonable confirmation is to get the magazine and look it up.
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 11:12   Link #190
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Huh.
I'll just ignore the statement about Lelouch being dead (if it's true).
I mean, what did they make that ambiguous ending for if they just ruin it so soon after?
Old 2008-10-25, 12:21   Link #191
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

it still is possible that Lelouch "lives" in the body of another like how Marianne "lived" in Anya's body... Well, CC was able to communicate to Marianne in because of such.
Still I do agree that Lelouch's death was the price to pay for using the Geass on others.

Old 2008-10-25, 12:28   Link #192
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
it still is possible that Lelouch "lives" in the body of another like how Marianne "lived" in Anya's body... Well, CC was able to communicate to Marianne in because of such.
No its not. >___> Marianne was able to because that is the specific effect of her Geass, transferring her own mind into another person. Lelouch's Geass was the power of absolute obedience, and wouldn't work that way.
Old 2008-10-25, 13:38   Link #193
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

nvm... wait, really, i didn't know that, must have stopped paying attention at that moment when Marianne's power was introduced...

Old 2008-10-25, 17:57   Link #194
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraploy View Post
Lelouch showed her that people can still care about her
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 21:15   Link #195
Genius-kun
Away for a bit...
*Scanlator

too easy 10/10
code geass is a perfect anime, i tell everyone who asks me what anime to watch to watch it
perfect balance of love, hate and battles
its like a non emo future version of death note

Genius-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 22:45   Link #196
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius-kun View Post
too easy 10/10
code geass is a perfect anime, i tell everyone who asks me what anime to watch to watch it
perfect balance of love, hate and battles
its like a non emo future version of death note
Not really, Lelouch was no where as insane as Light, as bad as Lelouch was he at least had his heart in the right place, Light was an nutcase who believed he was a god.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 22:49   Link #197
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Hm... well, Light started out with good intentions, too.
The difference is that Lelouch didn't became a total lunatic the moment he first used his Geass.

Hm. Maybe Light was just to sheltered.
Too idealistic. Too superficial.
Old 2008-10-26, 04:14   Link #198
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
by the last arc lelouch is light
he sets out to make the world a better place using what ever means HE believes are the right ones without caring what anyone else thinks
the only thing that makes them different is that lelouch did not want to rule said new world but rather died in order to make it happen
Old 2008-10-26, 08:17   Link #199
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
by the last arc lelouch is light
I disagree.
Everyone uses the means they believe are right.
That's simply human and doesn't make Lelouch Kira.
If anything, they were more similar in the first season, when Lelouch was still consumed by hatred.
Old 2008-10-26, 11:41   Link #200
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I disagree.
Everyone uses the means they believe are right.
That's simply human and doesn't make Lelouch Kira.
If anything, they were more similar in the first season, when Lelouch was still consumed by hatred.
its not really consumed by hatred but more ignorant of the ways of the world. sure he did have hatred, but I don't think he was consumed by it. and yea, Lelouch believing he is right does not mean he is Kira. While he was most similar in S1, there are still differences, besides the Death Note and Geass. For example Lelouch at least felt sorrow for the deaths he created. Also, he was not a "mass murderer" in the fact that he did not mean to kill all the Japanese in the stadium, he just lost control of his Geass while saying "kill all the Japanese" to Euphy.

This goes better in the discussion of Lelouch's character thread.