AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-04-24, 09:31   Link #1
Aaerul

Does the Tsundere personality exist in the real world?

Wondering if it is possible for girls and boys to behave in the tsundere archetype in natural RL relationships. Unfortunately I have not had the grace to have had a girl ever hate me and like me at the same time.

If they don't follow the anime-like patterns exactly, perhaps they exhibit fragments of the tsundere personality? Thoughts

Just for fun.
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 09:36   Link #2
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The original Tsundere is a girl who hates you at first, but over time changes and likes you. This could be found in real life.

And even if its a Tsundere that simultaneously hates and loves you, I'm sure such cases do happen. You could be a nice person but do things that irritate her, she can like you for your good and hate you for your bad.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 10:54   Link #3
fa93hws

yeah it does exist certainly,but it`s not moe in real world.
fa93hws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 11:39   Link #4
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa93hws View Post
yeah it does exist certainly,but it`s not moe in real world.
This.
I tend to cut possible relationships when the other gives off vibes that they don't want to be around me, or as a tsundere still in her "hates you" stage. It's not moe at all in reality, it's gets tsunderes friendless.

And the other tsundere, the one who's on and off nice, compare to a person with a bipolar personality; sugar sweet, then a beotch, then back within one day. Definitely not the person you'd want to hang around much.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 15:44   Link #5
Xion Valkyrie

If you mean by they like you normally, but get mean during that time of the month then yeah =P
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 16:33   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The cardboard 2-d archetype doesn't exist but there are certainly real world personalities that would meet the criteria... hell, I am married to one. She's of the "crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside" type.
Old 2010-04-24, 17:18   Link #7
alamarco
Why hello there!

Love the comments here. Definitely some good chuckles.

I agree with everyone here, it's exists, but not something you covet as you would in an anime character. It would just cause you too much grief and stress than it's worth. I know I wouldn't want to deal with it personally. Just "that time of month" is more than enough.
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 14:32   Link #8
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

There are certainly girls in real life who exhibit certain "tsundere" traits but they are definitely much milder than displayed in anime.

What puzzles me is if most people here say they wouldn't like a real-life tsundere, why would they like one in anime? I mean, would they enjoy being treated like the protagonist of a romance anime.

In case it's not clear yet, I don't like tsunderes in real life and I hate them even more in anime (since those qualities that make them tsundere are exaggerated to the extreme).
Old 2010-04-25, 18:26   Link #9
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
There are certainly girls in real life who exhibit certain "tsundere" traits but they are definitely much milder than displayed in anime.

What puzzles me is if most people here say they wouldn't like a real-life tsundere, why would they like one in anime? I mean, would they enjoy being treated like the protagonist of a romance anime.

In case it's not clear yet, I don't like tsunderes in real life and I hate them even more in anime (since those qualities that make them tsundere are exaggerated to the extreme).
To be honest, I don't like tsunderes on the TV or standing right next to me. They tend to annoy me, no matter what dimension.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 19:12   Link #10
alamarco
Why hello there!

Quote:
There's a difference, at least there should be, between liking a character and being in love with a real person. What I enjoy, see as funny, etc. in a character has no impact on what I look for in the opposite sex. In an anime, I see tsundere's as comical characters. They are cute and hilarious. In real-life, that's a different story. It isn't a show, so it's not cute and not something I laugh at.

The key is real-life vs entertainment.
Old 2010-04-26, 05:55   Link #11
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Apparently Robert Jordan was married to one, which is why almost every single God damn female character in The Wheel of Time series is a tsundere.

Also cats.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-04-26 at 10:46.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 09:33   Link #12
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
There's a difference, at least there should be, between liking a character and being in love with a real person. What I enjoy, see as funny, etc. in a character has no impact on what I look for in the opposite sex. In an anime, I see tsundere's as comical characters. They are cute and hilarious. In real-life, that's a different story. It isn't a show, so it's not cute and not something I laugh at.

The key is real-life vs entertainment.
For the most part the character traits I like and respect in anime are the same ones I respect in real life. That's why if I wouldn't tolerate something in real life I wouldn't tolerate it in anime either. For instance when I see a tsundere acting all bitchy towards some guy for superficial reasons I can put myself in the guy's place and I feel the same way he would feel in this situation. I know it's done for humor but it's usually done so many times that it ceases being funny. Also, it's only funny if the guy really deserved it, which most of the times isn't the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Apparently Robert Jordan was married to one, which is almost every single God damn female character in The Wheel of Time series is a tsundere.

Also cats.
Ah, yes! Don't even get me started on RJ. Sometimes I feel like his wife must have beaten the hell out of him (verbally at least) by the way his female characters were represented. Most of them were not even tsunderes - but even full-fledged bitches who just generally hated men. This is one of the main reasons I stopped reading WoT, (the other being that it turned into a soap opera some time around book 4 or 5).
Old 2010-04-26, 09:39   Link #13
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

LOL.. Like Vexx say, true Tsundere are almost impossible in real world But some lucky guy do managed to married to a tsundere that act tsun tsun in front of peoples but more dere dere when alone .. especially if you know which button to push
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 18:00   Link #14
alamarco
Why hello there!

Quote:
For the most part the character traits I like and respect in anime are the same ones I respect in real life. That's why if I wouldn't tolerate something in real life I wouldn't tolerate it in anime either. For instance when I see a tsundere acting all bitchy towards some guy for superficial reasons I can put myself in the guy's place and I feel the same way he would feel in this situation. I know it's done for humor but it's usually done so many times that it ceases being funny. Also, it's only funny if the guy really deserved it, which most of the times isn't the case.
True, you can take your likes from real-world to anime. I guess my point is that they can be separate. They don't have to be the same, especially if what you're watching is nothing realistic.
Old 2010-04-27, 20:01   Link #15
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'm guessing you mean with out the gesticulation and verbal ticks. Yes it exists.
However, "idiot who understands a tsundere" personality doesn't, so mostly only bad things happen.
Old 2010-04-28, 12:38   Link #16
janipani

Of course it does exist

But in real life all those insults tsundere makes of you hurt little bit too much.... Tsundere is not good for your selfconfidence. In real life you don't know how weak she is herself, you just see her beautiful confident side. When in anime we are introduced to tsunderes real feellings.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 12:43   Link #17
Wrath88
Kissing...

Unless you're the sort who can tell when she doesn't really mean her insults. But that sort of person would have either really good people-reading skills or a weird childhood.

So yes, the Tsundere personality does exist, but I doubt the existence of the personality that can tolerate the 'tsun'.
Old 2010-04-28, 12:50   Link #18
janipani

Tsunderes in real life aren't too happy, because guys who could love them usually give up and leave, and the there are guys who tsuns look up to these guys usually just uses them because of their naivety,

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 14:14   Link #19
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm scratching my head at many of the negative and seemingly off-target posts here.... but whatever, variety makes the world work better.
Old 2010-04-28, 16:42   Link #20
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I am tsundere in real life... I am a true tsundere therefore I want myself.