AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 65 64.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 23.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-06, 16:11   Link #21
Sparvid
*hic*

Even before subs, this is a perfect 10 for me. I get the feeling I'll be rewatching this a lot.

An adaptation of my favorite manga chapter, but the two things I laughed hardest at were both anime originals: Mugi winning the arm wrestling in about 0.6 seconds, and later yoinking Mio's strawberry (Mio's reaction is, well, icing on the proverbial cake).

Although without subs, I did find it slightly confusing to keep up with the order of things. Did the events take place over several different days?

*gasp* "Just a moment, please!"
Old 2010-07-06, 16:17   Link #22
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Only thing missing (though not likely in this anime) is if the bear Ritsu and Mugi won was a Bonta-kun instead....Or Tomoyo's bear costume.
Old 2010-07-06, 16:27   Link #23
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
Subs or no subs, this episode is an automatic 10 for me! OP was pretty damn cool but the song stands average at best for me. And the ED, oh man, THE ED... I... I can't seem to put my feelings into words about the ED. Just amazing.
Old 2010-07-06, 16:32   Link #24
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

The OP's in K-ON have always gave the feeling of a self-promo made by the band, but I gotta love the amateurish feel this new opening gave. Haha, it had me laughing. Ingenious as usual.
Old 2010-07-06, 16:33   Link #25
LC
Shocking Pink

Haven't seen the episode yet, but this was definitely the best K-On! op yet! I loved the way the crowd began to spin around with Yui by the end, and just watching it makes me smile. It illustrates what K-On! is about. Although I didn't mind it in Go! Go! Maniac, the chimpmunk is much less strong in this one.

As for the ending, the song didn't immediately catch on with me, but the animation was awesome! I didn't like it as much as Listen, but it was better than Don't Say Lazy.
Old 2010-07-06, 16:36   Link #26
kitten320

I myself liked Listen ED the least somehow, both music based and animation... the weird looking second Mio still bothers me... but that's my opinion^^

But it did have some nice outfits aka Ritsu's and Yui's.

Wonder how many new fan art based on this ED will come out now. Listen had huge success.
Old 2010-07-06, 16:53   Link #27
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think its an interesting example of how taste can vary in that we've got such a bipolarized split between people who like the 3 OPs and people who like the 3 EDs (but each not the other so much). Almost like a genre split or like how people tend to polarize over different types of Beatle music.

Yes, the "chipmunk" was less strong in the new OP ... my wife tends to be seriously anti-chipmunk so imagine she'll down-thumb it but will probably like the ED. The new OP's visuals are very "Monkees"-like or a bit "Help!" (Beatles) in absurdist bits.
Old 2010-07-06, 17:00   Link #28
kitten320

I didn't like OP much both visually and musically, duno why. It had some fun parts but it just didn't grab my attention.. though I liked the glomping part especially when poor Nodoka had fallen over.
Old 2010-07-06, 17:06   Link #29
Sparvid
*hic*

By the way, what is that microphone-thingie that Yui uses in the OP?

Knowing KyoAni, I'm guessing that it has a real life equivalent.
Old 2010-07-06, 17:12   Link #30
LC
Shocking Pink

^I think it's Yui's cellphone.
Old 2010-07-06, 20:28   Link #31
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Old 2010-07-06, 21:21   Link #32
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
It's probably the 3rd season already... The reason why they changed the OP and ED
Old 2010-07-06, 21:35   Link #33
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
^I think it's Yui's cellphone.
It's the wrong size to be her cellphone. It's probably a wireless mic dressed up in a gift box.

Having only seen the OP and ED so far . . . well, if all the HTT performances from here to the end of the series are done by cardboard cutout, we'll know why. Wow, what mind-blowing animation.

I'm going to be the anti-cool kid and say I preferred the OP to the ED. Why? There's nothing wrong with the ED. It's just . . . how shall we put it . . . like a classic rock station. You know the music's really good, but it was new when your parents were fogging up the back window of their '72 Dodge Dart. And at the end of the day, the songs all just run together.

The OP was interesting. Unique, to quote a certain purple-haired android. The fact that it ate a bottle of No-Doz like it were candy helps too.

Mind you, this is from the perspective of someone who listens to a lot of classic and hard rock. Your results may vary. Do not consume a whole bottle of No-Doz like it were candy; it will kill you. If your parents are too young to have fogged up the back window of a '72 Dodge Dart, I feel you pain. I truly do.
Old 2010-07-06, 21:47   Link #34
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
It's the wrong size to be her cellphone. It's probably a wireless mic dressed up in a gift box.

Having only seen the OP and ED so far . . . well, if all the HTT performances from here to the end of the series are done by cardboard cutout, we'll know why. Wow, what mind-blowing animation.

I'm going to be the anti-cool kid and say I preferred the OP to the ED. Why? There's nothing wrong with the ED. It's just . . . how shall we put it . . . like a classic rock station. You know the music's really good, but it was new when your parents were fogging up the back window of their '72 Dodge Dart. And at the end of the day, the songs all just run together.

The OP was interesting. Unique, to quote a certain purple-haired android. The fact that it ate a bottle of No-Doz like it were candy helps too.

Mind you, this is from the perspective of someone who listens to a lot of classic and hard rock. Your results may vary. Do not consume a whole bottle of No-Doz like it were candy; it will kill you. If your parents are too young to have fogged up the back window of a '72 Dodge Dart, I feel you pain. I truly do.
Oh, well, you're probably right. Btw, I feel the same way about the op.
Old 2010-07-06, 22:16   Link #35
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
It's probably the 3rd season already... The reason why they changed the OP and ED
No. It's still the second season.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but I was nearly tempted to give the episode a high score based on the ED itself. Will definitely score it once I see the subs tonight.
Old 2010-07-06, 22:37   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Continuous runs are called a "season" outside of Japan whether they are one or two cours. The second season of K-On!! is two cours. Yeah, it can be confusing. A "cour" is 1/4 of a year in a Japan.

The OP/ED sometimes changes when the new cour starts.
Old 2010-07-06, 22:54   Link #37
Gordy Lechance

Heard taht the manga artist has taken the challenge, bit the bullet, and continued the saga of the Afterschool Tea Time band into the college years.

Obviously 26 is not quite enough to cover all that, and with 12 remaining of that, no less.

YES PLEASE to a College Years Third Season!!
Old 2010-07-06, 23:28   Link #38
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Heard taht the manga artist has taken the challenge, bit the bullet, and continued the saga of the Afterschool Tea Time band into the college years.
Your source must be the psycho octopus or something then.
Old 2010-07-06, 23:34   Link #39
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah... would need linkage for that kind of rumor, links, interview, something? Not that I wouldn't *like* it to be true...

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-07-06 at 23:44.
Old 2010-07-06, 23:38   Link #40
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

+1000,000,000 for the ED. That is a brilliant piece of composition, like going back to the Don't Say Lazy style of composition.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Closed Thread