AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-20, 17:41   Link #181
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Looking forward to this the most next season. Jojo is such a great manga and the PV really did it justice.
Old 2012-09-21, 08:43   Link #182
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Not much of a major update, but the Jojo site has a new design and key visual now: http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/jojo-animation/
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 10:03   Link #183
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Agreed. This is one badass voice cast. I was surpirsed to see Yuki Kaji announced as part of it. Seeing as how he's been type-casted in roles like Shu, Amata & Haruyuki, but maybe he'll show us something new?
Old 2012-09-22, 03:47   Link #184
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post

Jojo? Flying under the radar ?

The problem is that JoJo IS MEGA OLD. Like, its drawing style have often worked against it when you try to introduce it to new people. Most of my efforts to get it spread in my chatroom then inner, and outer, circle have proved to be... fruitless. It's really frustrating. I kept telling people to check it out because it is MANLY, FABULOUS and clever, and have this crazy X factor that still set it apart from the Big Three, but NO, people would rather go for whatever is the flavor of the month. And no, I am NOT talking about just moé.

I am hoping that this anime can help changing the game a bit. But I expect. #1. Random snark from Aroduc who will go back to whatever harem romcom action LN adaptation will catch his interest. #2. Style acting as a filter against the mainstream audience.

In other words, my expectations are low.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 04:14   Link #185
leokiko

I'm very much mainstream - watching whatever is popular - but I still think Jojo's cool. Never read it, but the trailer looks absolutely fabulous.

Reallly psyched for it, and if it's as good as the fans say, I hope it WILL spread to a bigger audience.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 12:20   Link #186
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
But I expect. #1. Random snark from Aroduc who will go back to whatever harem romcom action LN adaptation will catch his interest.
Isn't that Aroduc's default reaction to 90% of all shows though ? Not to mention this used to run in JUMP, so it never stood a shot with him in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
#2. Style acting as a filter against the mainstream audience.

In other words, my expectations are low.
I can understand this point (and what you wrote before it) and I have seen that reaction as well whenever I tried recommending the series to any of my acquaintances, with it's length and age playing against it most of the time. The bizarreness actually sort of was the thing that got most of the people I know interested in it, so while I do think the style is going to be a filter to more modern audiences, it's also going to be an appealing factor to a lot of people as well.

The thing is, I don't have particularly huge expectations on this being a mega hit (like I said, this is from the era where Fist of the North Star was still the big thing, which makes it very dated, and there are only hints of bizarreness that the series had become so well known for that wont fully blossom till Diamond are Unbreakable, so it doesn't have the full appeal) I don't see it as flying under the radar. Anime fans had heard of Jojo, even if they never read it or seen the OVA, they know of the cast and the franchise, so it already exists in the subconscious of the English Fandom. At the very least the series is sort of a cult classic on this side of the pond so the more loyal fans are certainly not going to miss it.

I can't speak for the Japanese Fandom, but I would imagine that a 25 year old series that it still ongoing to this day and is considered a classic would have a sizable following behind it.
Old 2012-09-24, 10:37   Link #187
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
CM came out, now I can say I'm getting excited for this:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-01, 20:30   Link #188
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure TV BDs to Have English Subs

Also revealed to be 9 volumes so we can make a guess on the episode number based on that.
Old 2012-10-01, 21:31   Link #189
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure TV BDs to Have English Subs

Also revealed to be 9 volumes so we can make a guess on the episode number based on that.
16-17 episodes? with normal 1-2 episodes per volume

well probably they are only gonna animate till Battle Tendency in this case
Old 2012-10-01, 22:45   Link #190
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
16-17 episodes? with normal 1-2 episodes per volume

well probably they are only gonna animate till Battle Tendency in this case
No, there are 3 episodes in Vol1. It seems like a normal 2-cour release at 9 volumes, so probably 26 episodes.

Edit: http://www.animate-onlineshop.jp/pn/pd/1178661/

Listing here confirms the final volume contains 2 episodes. Ep25-26. So that confirms 26 episodes.

Last edited by duckroll; 2012-10-01 at 23:42.
Old 2012-10-02, 03:22   Link #191
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
26 episodes!? That's too good to be true...
Old 2012-10-02, 04:24   Link #192
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
No, there are 3 episodes in Vol1. It seems like a normal 2-cour release at 9 volumes, so probably 26 episodes.

Edit: http://www.animate-onlineshop.jp/pn/pd/1178661/

Listing here confirms the final volume contains 2 episodes. Ep25-26. So that confirms 26 episodes.
oh we might see Stardust Crusader again then if that's the case
Old 2012-10-02, 04:31   Link #193
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
oh we might see Stardust Crusader again then if that's the case
-__________-

we should just grateful they gonna cover Battle Tendency.

Stardust Crusader can fit 2 cour by it own.
Old 2012-10-02, 06:18   Link #194
Jetzero Infinity

Seeing as Battle Tendency hasn't been remotely mentioned up till this point and it's longer than Phantom Blood, it's possible this may just be covering Phantom Blood. Of course we have to see how it goes either way.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:08   Link #195
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

26 episodes would be way too much for Phantom Blood alone. It's not even 5 volumes long, after all. I have good hopes we're finally going to see the part with the best Jojo animated.
Old 2012-10-02, 07:13   Link #196
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Seeing as Battle Tendency hasn't been remotely mentioned up till this point and it's longer than Phantom Blood, it's possible this may just be covering Phantom Blood. Of course we have to see how it goes either way.
Why would they mention anything other than what is currently upcoming? It doesn't make sense to mention Battle Tendency at all until Phantom Blood wraps up. They'll be doing Battle Tendency though, we can be pretty sure about that. An animator working the show mentioned some time back that the TV series will cover the first two parts of the manga.
Old 2012-10-02, 07:16   Link #197
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
26 episodes would be way too much for Phantom Blood alone. It's not even 5 volumes long, after all. I have good hopes we're finally going to see the part with the best Jojo animated.
Young Jospeh \o/
Old 2012-10-02, 07:16   Link #198
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Actually Phantom Blood IS 5 volumes and 47 chapters could certainly equal out to 24 episodes or so if they weren't in a rush to get through it or expanded on certain areas of the story. I'm not saying there's no way Battle Tendency isn't included in this, but until we hear otherwise I think it's best to assume it's just Phantom Blood.

Plus as I mentioned before, Araki didn't take to kindly to previously rushed adaptions of Jojo so I'm assuming that since this was approved, the pacing isn't going to be all that fast, but again I'm not totally sure.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 08:11   Link #199
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Actually Phantom Blood IS 5 volumes and 47 chapters
his point is that the last few chapter of volume 5 is already about Joseph and Battle Tendency saga

that's why it's not full 5 volumes long
Old 2012-10-02, 08:47   Link #200
duckroll
綺羅星★!

There's really no way 5 volumes can equal 26 episodes anyway, unless it's a really, really bad adaptation that moves at a snails pace. 26 episodes is more than enough to do all 12 volumes of Jojo, which is the plan.

Tags
fabulous