AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-11, 23:03   Link #201
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Very nice beginning it kind of make me went to get the first one
Old 2012-01-11, 23:06   Link #202
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Haven't seen the first series, but I can still understand this one fine. Yes, the separation thing is annoying but hopefully that'll be done away with quickly. And I actually like both main girls, though I admit I like Cayenne better than Amata, even if he's more of a jerk.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 02:39   Link #203
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Right now even the music is feeling bland to me unlike the original
Most of the music is recycled from the original, though.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 10:25   Link #204
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Most of the music is recycled from the original, though.
Doesn't sound like it though it just felt really blah to me. I really miss the 1st OP song from 1st season
Old 2012-01-12, 11:28   Link #205
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Doesn't sound like it though it just felt really blah to me. I really miss the 1st OP song from 1st season
I can't check it atm but as far as I remember all music during the battle and onwards were taken from the original soundtracks, except of course the theme songs.

It would've been nice if they played the original theme song for nostalgia purposes, but the new song is growing on me. This new series seems less "fantastic" (as in, fantasy-esque) than the first, so IMO the new music works well in this setting.

Btw, what did Amata say about that movie? It didn't do well but its theme song became really famous, or something to that effect? That seems to describe the original Aquarion quite well... Everywhere I look it's "I haven't seen the first series, but I know the theme song!" (Sousei no Aquarion, that is. It seems to have become something of a meme.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 19:11   Link #206
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Zessica is the hot favorite, but Mikono is the one you gotta cheer for.

side note: first ep was good.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 21:45   Link #207
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Btw, what did Amata say about that movie? It didn't do well but its theme song became really famous, or something to that effect? That seems to describe the original Aquarion quite well... Everywhere I look it's "I haven't seen the first series, but I know the theme song!" (Sousei no Aquarion, that is. It seems to have become something of a meme.)
LMAO, yeah. It took me a few seconds before I noticed that they were parodying themselves, then I just bursted out into laughter. The first OP is just legendary.

I have to say, I like Zessica a whole lot more than Mikono. Amata is... meh.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 21:57   Link #208
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Aquarion newbie here Just watched the first two episodes, and the CGI was dazzling. Although the way that the vectors combine was a bit surprising to say the least Anyways, I was wondering if people who've watched the original series and the OVAs could fill in some blanks for me?

Who was that girl with purple hair in Amato's flashbacks and why did she leave?
Also, I'm going to try to squeeze out time to watch the original series too, but does anyone know where I can find a detailed summary of the original series?
Old 2012-01-12, 22:01   Link #209
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Eh, plot of the original story happened 12000 years ago so I'm fairly certain purple hair flashback girl would have nothing to do it so nobody can answer that

Anyway it's probably his mother.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 23:36   Link #210
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Aquarion newbie here Just watched the first two episodes, and the CGI was dazzling. Although the way that the vectors combine was a bit surprising to say the least Anyways, I was wondering if people who've watched the original series and the OVAs could fill in some blanks for me?

Also, I'm going to try to squeeze out time to watch the original series too, but does anyone know where I can find a detailed summary of the original series?
I am actually about to write one right now and I must give details of the first series and the ova, because it's necessary to explain my theory. I love this series and will use any excuse to talk about it ...check back a little later

But to answer your query. The girl in Amata's flashback is Sylvia. One of the main characters of the first series and ova. The thing hat I find peculiar and the reason that I believe that EVOL is a result of what happened in the ova is because it's Sylvia (and Apollo) and not Celiane (and Apollonius)

The thing is, I am not sure if the girl in his flashback is the same one from the movie or she merely looks like her. They said her name was "Alicia" Sylvia was the reincarnation of Celiane but she was also a descendant of Celiane and Apollonius' children. Her name was Sylvia De Alisia. So I am wondering if the actress was also a "De Alisia"

I just have to grab the other quotes from users I want to answer and there is a particular scene I need to grab before I write the summary. If no one has posted I will just edit this one. Be forewarned. It's going to be LOOOOOOOOONG...
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 23:36   Link #211
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Actually, I'm inclined to say she was his mother too, and that she was that Alicia actress. That would explain why he's so gloomy when Mikono and the theater guy talked about her (Alicia), as well as why he's so deep into the movie of Aquarion (in universe), besides his flying problem and all that. There's a kid in that flashback who looks like a younger version of Amata, and a graveyard with those weird crosses.

Last edited by Zaresh; 2012-01-12 at 23:41. Reason: I translated a name from my native laguage without reasson
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 23:42   Link #212
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
Actually, I'm inclined to say she was his mother too, and that she was that Alice actress.
You know you just squicked me out right? BRAIN BLEACH I NEED BRAIN BLEACH!!!

If he's truly The Solar Wing and Sylvia whom is his true love, is his mother...
I might let a little brother-sister , or self-cest slide but mother and son. NO CAN DO!

*dives back into writing my theory and summary*
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 00:04   Link #213
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
You know you just squicked me out right? BRAIN BLEACH I NEED BRAIN BLEACH!!!

If he's truly The Solar Wing and Sylvia whom is his true love, is his mother...
I might let a little brother-sister , or self-cest slide but mother and son. NO CAN DO!

*dives back into writing my theory and summary*
I was really surprised when I posted and saw your post above, in fact .

I dunno. Didn't saw first series so I can't speculate properly. But I think they will go with Amata not being Apollo nor Apollonius, but merely a descendant. His knowledge of Aquarion, because the movie. And it would be a pretty nice plot twist, honestly. And so the words from that guy with the eyepatch about inherit a legend and thus becoming the legend would be truly meaningful (because if he's a new incarnation, I guess he's not inheriting anything at all).

But that's just what I would do If I were the storywriter. So...

If the girl of the flashback is Alicia, them maybe "the aliens" did it. I mean, the blond guy of the dark dimension had a holo-portrait of her in his desk. Maybe they were a little to extremist fans and kidnaped her? I'm kidding, but It can be .

Last edited by Zaresh; 2012-01-13 at 12:44. Reason: grammar
Old 2012-01-13, 00:58   Link #214
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Doing due diligence and watching the original first. This looks interesting.
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 04:32   Link #215
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Just watched the first episode, finally

Got to agree that the separation of male and female Elements users are ridiculous, and there are too many characters with annoying personality. So far I only like Zessica and Andy for their personality, and Amata because at the last moment he finally can do something (even if it looks ridiculous XD). And maybe Mikono because she's cute, I can live with her damsell in distress role in this episode(s) but I really hope she will get over it soon.
But that was the only first two episodes, there's still 24 episodes left, isn't it? There's plenty of time for character and story developments and twists.

Definitely still watch this series, and not just for that gattai scene or HanaKana (and Megumi Nakajima) being super robot pilot XD
Btw, Cayenne is despicable so far, but I like how Suzumura Kenichi voice him.
Old 2012-01-13, 10:43   Link #216
mayumi

i don't think slyvia and apollo ever got a chance to do anything to get a descendant out of them
perhaps mikono, amata are just decendants of celiane and apollonius. a really water down version of them

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-01-13 at 12:11.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 11:58   Link #217
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Well, well, I'm not saying he ¡s necessary a descendant of both of them, just of Apollo .

Just kidding, but I was told Aquarion is so crazy that this kind of things happens.
Old 2012-01-13, 12:18   Link #218
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Well, anything can happen in those 12,000 years between the original series and EVOL.
Like for example the reincarnation of Apollonius/Apollo never met the reincarnation of Celliane/Sylvia, but one of them marry another person whom is reincarnation of another character, and the descendant marry other reincarnation of different character, and so on and so on until EVOL happen where Amata met Mikono. Well, that's too absurd and crazy, but again, anything could happen in 12,000 years gap
Or was the reincarnation cycle will only start/happen after 12,000 years? Meaning Amata is the second reincarnation of Apollonius?

Another thing I'm hoping regarding of the OST is the seiyuu will sing the 'Sousei no Aquarion', or at least 'Kimi no Shinwa' just like the previous three main seiyuus were singing Elements Gattai version of 'Sousei no Aquarion' and 'Go Tight'
Old 2012-01-13, 12:35   Link #219
molitar

Nice first episode. But typical like humans to fear that which they do not understand so after the major war was over they than convinced pilots of Aquarion that they have to remain celibate to be able to pilot them.

Eventually this would lead to the fear of even being associated with them in case you lost your ability. It eventually evolved into a full blown religion that if you want to pilot you had to remain seperate from the other sex. Don't forget this isn't 10 years but 12,000 years and an idea eventually become a religion to the extreme it's natural progression.

So it's totally 100% plausible and most likely. If their was a zombie disease that if you got bitten you would become one.. eventually after how many years it would turn into if you got touched by them you would.. to maybe even hearing or seeing. It's the natural evolution of fear for humans so the writer of this new series really put thought into what if this were to occur how would the world have changed in 12,000 years. I loved this first episode and can't wait to see more.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 14:30   Link #220
Grim_Reaper

Well, at times the first episode was kinda cliche, but overall it felt awesome. Cross-cutting, direction, animation were extremely good. I enjoyed music quite a lot too.
The plot was engaging. I guess it can develop into something epic.
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction