AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-03-24, 12:47   Link #401
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I don't think having a girl as a protagonist is the problem since classified watched fight ippatsu and kari. maybe there is an ideal female protagonist he might like.
Old 2012-03-24, 13:07   Link #402
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

It surely is like that, but i really don't know which traits appeal me, and which not, and untill i can't figure it out, avoid suggesting titles that have the girl as protagonist.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 13:19   Link #403
Undertaker

Have you thinking about giving Seikon no Qwaser another shot? Despite the ridiculous setting it does have many elements you seem to like.

Also if you like Death Note, give Monster a shot too. It's a psychological thriller that has a great story with tons suspense in it, though it doesn't have any romance in it.
Old 2012-03-24, 16:27   Link #404
Elegance

Valkyria Chronicles -military, romance
Eureka Seven- Mecha, romance

I really liked these 2.
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 20:29   Link #405
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Eureka 7 is a committment at 52 episodes, but i never regretted that i watched it in full

fully recommended
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 20:58   Link #406
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Oh ye, forgot to point out that i loved Death Note music. It was probably the best music background i ever came across. Loved the whole atmosphere, but i wonder how it would have felt to sympathize L
Spoiler for huge spoiler:

Anyways, i like two types of animations:
-The first type being the most real-like animation, therefore without expressions and other things mainly related to anime. Eyes portrayed in a realistic(or almost realistic) way, and a dark atmosphere all around. Examples are Death Note, Steins Gate.
-The second type being the quite common animation you get in any other less serious animes, which surely comprehends the "comedy" factors, some expressions and so on. I like it when eyes aren't particularly huge, and when it feels rather new. Examples: every title that i rated above 9.

Now, i finished watching 4 episodes of Kono Aozora, and even tho it has the graphic i like(2nd type), i still don't get why the plot is so shattered:
Spoiler for plot:
Old 2012-03-25, 09:59   Link #407
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Mh, came across this title, and i really liked the main picture:
Until death do us part

The male's traits just fit my tastes, and i kinda realized what i prefer: early twenties, and some little facial hairs (Exactly like Okabe from SG and Sato from welcome to the NHK). It gives me the feeling like it was close to reality; i mean, any man at that age is like that. There are few exceptions, such as Light from DN, that still look very close to reality.

Also, there is a blonde girl in it, and blonde is the hair color i like the most on a girl. I usually don't google descriptions because it might spoil me something, so i'll ask you if you can write down a little synopsis of this anime, and if you think i could enjoy it. Thank you very much, you are always very helpful.

EDIT
Oh, and i just found out that Deadman wonderland got an anime adaption: what i would like to know is if the anime covers the whole story of the manga, or if only one part. Also, if it does cover the whole story of the manga, has it finished airing, or is it like Mirai nikki, which manga is finished, but whose anime adaption is still ongoing(almost finished) ?

Also, in the case that the anime doesn't cover the full of story of the manga, is it at least a good adaption, or does it skip many things? For example, Mirai Nikki didn't skip anything from the manga source(for the 12 episodes i watched, at least). If the anime is a good adaption of the manga, do you suggest me to watch the anime, and then continue the story on the manga, or do you think i should straightly go for the manga? I'll tell you that i was very pleased with Mirai Nikki anime, and liked it more than the first part of the manga it covered.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-03-25 at 10:43.
Old 2012-03-25, 11:18   Link #408
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
EDIT
Oh, and i just found out that Deadman wonderland got an anime adaption: what i would like to know is if the anime covers the whole story of the manga, or if only one part. Also, if it does cover the whole story of the manga, has it finished airing, or is it like Mirai nikki, which manga is finished, but whose anime adaption is still ongoing(almost finished) ?

Also, in the case that the anime doesn't cover the full of story of the manga, is it at least a good adaption, or does it skip many things? For example, Mirai Nikki didn't skip anything from the manga source(for the 12 episodes i watched, at least). If the anime is a good adaption of the manga, do you suggest me to watch the anime, and then continue the story on the manga, or do you think i should straightly go for the manga? I'll tell you that i was very pleased with Mirai Nikki anime, and liked it more than the first part of the manga it covered.
As I said, Deadman Wonderland is based on a ongoing 13-volume manga. The anime adaptation, which is released last year, has 12 episodes that covers the first 25 manga chapters, and is described as a good adaptation and doesn't skip anything (except some manga characters that aren't shown in the anime). The manga chapters are released monthly. You should read the manga first, then watch the anime adaptation and get comparison between the two versions.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 14:42   Link #409
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Started seriously reading Deadman Wonderland, but so far i didn't find it as interesting as Mirai Nikki. Up to now, of course. There are still many mysteries, but i feel like Mirai Nikki was more fucked up. Till now i only assisted to some fight where they use blood to create things; i had already seen this thing somewhere else, now i don't remember. If it's all about this kind of fighting and trying to get out of the prison, i think it's going to be boring (for my tastes). I can't judge yet, so i'll keep reading it and update you.

Anyways, tomorrow university, so i'll be back next friday.
Old 2012-03-25, 14:51   Link #410
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I came across a certain manga site and I find something that please you : it's called Wrestle! The Under Ground : the 2009 ongoing 3-volume action comedy is focused on Hazakura, a member of the special organization. He is asked by his boss to kill a schoolgirl that has a special ability while he masquerades as a highschool student. It looks very similar to Tenjou Tenge because there's lot of action and fanservice, filled with some comedy and a bit of romance. It contains many elements you seem to like.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-25, 15:52   Link #411
BLAM
Loner

I've been wondering, what's the huge deal with Kare Kano's final episodes after 19?
Also, I'm looking for a light hearted romance (nothing too dramatic or heart wrenching), does anyone have any suggestions? I've already gone through Spice & Wolf, Kimi ni Todoke and Clannad.
BLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 19:12   Link #412
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

everything may seem normal at first in dmw but there will be a point where everything gets fucked up afterwards so don't give up on this manga yet.I actually think the characters in dmw are a lot cooler than the ones in mirai nikki the only ones I cared for in that anime were yuno and Minene. Ganta>>>>>>yukiteru
Old 2012-03-26, 02:56   Link #413
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAM View Post
I've been wondering, what's the huge deal with Kare Kano's final episodes after 19?
Also, I'm looking for a light hearted romance (nothing too dramatic or heart wrenching), does anyone have any suggestions? I've already gone through Spice & Wolf, Kimi ni Todoke and Clannad.
You could make your own romance thread.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-26, 04:49   Link #414
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAM View Post
For light-hearted romance, you can watch Amagami SS.

But MisaoFan is right, in order for you to get the anime suggestions you want quickly, look for a thread similar to your request and post there, or you can make your own thread.
Old 2012-03-29, 02:27   Link #415
Shanarock
Wanderer

It appears that you have the same taste as mine. I hate mecha anime with passion and I don't like sport anime where the plot is all about sport like Captain Tsubasa ugh.

I have watched tons of anime and like you, I hate weaklings and love a cool, strong protagonist. The anime I suggest you bellow will contain only cool male lead or anime with terrific plot or maybe nice romance. You can watch them all with ease.

Oh and stay away from Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora, it's a mecha anime.

Here you go:

Baccano
This is a story about a bunch of immortal people, their immortality secret and their full of action never-ending lives. You'll love at least one of the characters in this series more than you could love Okabe Rintarou. I personally in love with the badass, genius, awesome legendary murderer of this series. And yep, it has romance, a sweet one. Just a note, this anime has 3 timelines. Once you got the hang of it, you'll find them fascinating and brilliantly told. As a fan of Steins;Gate, Death note and Darker than black, not watching this is a shame.

Level E
From the creator of Yu yu Hakuso and Hunter X Hunter, here comes the most genius, epic protagonist ever. If you think Okabe Rintarou is a crazy mad scientist, then this guy is beyond that. He's the smartest guy in universe and ready to overwhelm you with his madness. And this anime has a cute romance too. Oh and don't be tricked by the opening, once you watch at least first 3 episodes, you'll fall completely for the main guy lol.

Mouryou no Hako
A story about multi-layered mysteries and murders. 1-4 episodes are build-up stories,
then you'll get to see the real protagonist in action, a smart,wise and calm guy who can solve any mystery with his interesting friends.

Ungo
If you like a story about a cool and smart detective solving cases then you'll love this one.
There are only 11 episodes so it won't take your time too long.

Devil May Cry
If you want a badass, strong and cool protagonist then look no further. This is your piece of cake.

Guin Saga
Guin is a badass protagonist, he's wise, brave, strong, smart and mysterious. Everything you ever want from a leader, he has them all. And yes, this anime has romance too.

Eden of the East
The main protagonist of this series is a playful and easy going guy, but he's actually very smart, perceptive, cool, and fearless. He lost his memories and is involved in a dangerous and mysterious game. While trying to retrieve back his memories, he and his companions find out that he actually has an outrageous past...

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Yakumo is a guy who can see dead spirits from one of his eyes. He's cool, smart, doesn't talk much and perceptive. The story revolves around dead spirits and murder cases solved by Yakumo and others.

Ghost Hunt
Just like Yakumo, the main guy of this show is also a smart guy with cool, wise, quiet, and calm personalities. Unlike Yakumo, he can't see ghosts but he's "special". This anime isn't just about dead spirits but it also revolves around supernatural occurences, purifications, science, and more in-depth explanations about them.

Speed Grapher
About a cameramen who is bestowed a supernatural ability by a mysterious girl from a secret organization. The both of them are running away from the organization while trying to figure out about their power and the girl's real identity. It's packed with a nice action and romance too.

Saiyuki
Journey to the west has never been portrayed as interesting as this. An amusing fantasy action comedy! You'll love the main protagonist Sanzou, a cool, badass, yet cold and strong. His companions are also awesome. They are nothing like a monk and his discipiles! In fact, they are all good looking and strong.

There are still more like Witch Hunter Robin which is a bit similar with Darker than black. There are also Senkou no Night Raid, Kaidan Restaurant/Thriller Restaurant, Kurozuka, Shiki and King of Bandits Jing. But I'll stop for now before my brain bursts. Trust me, you won't regret ever watching them.

Last edited by Shanarock; 2012-03-29 at 03:25.
Shanarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 03:13   Link #416
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Classified, I just want you to go back to White Album (2 seasons and 13 episodes each). While it uses music as a background, romance and dramas are used mainly for the whole series. Not to mention that the show isn't all about music, even though the music is here and it's used as a secondary genre. Also, the story and the character-design are very close to reality, like Death Note and Steins;Gate.

I forget to mention a new anime : it's called Cherry Blossoms Memories : the 2012 romance OVA is focused on Yukimasa, who had a crush on a beautiful girl named Shouko. Everything went normal until Yukimasa gets hit by a bike. Because of that, he loses his memories on Shouko, but he stills remembers everything else. But when the couple go to zoo, Yukimasa slowly remembers eveything about Shouko, and they live happily together. Despite its short length (8 minutes), it's a good watch if you had a busy day. You could watch it at YouTube.

And as silvercover said, you'll need to seriously watch Seikon no Qwaser (I love this show and I easily bear some inconsistencies within this show), even though you are heavily bothered by the breast milk plot device. I'll said that, considering you like tits and you have watched few hentai animes. If you can bear inconsistencies from this show, then you'll consider it as a great anime. And despite the ridiculous setting, there's many elements you seem to like (a smart and cool silver-haired male lead, girls fall in love with him with a reason, has satisfying romance and has a kiss scene in the last episode of the first season...) (as Undertaker said). Also, the anime was divided into two seasons : the first one is 24 episodes and the second one is 12 episodes.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-03-30 at 08:07.
Old 2012-03-30, 09:28   Link #417
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanarock View Post
It appears that you have the same taste as mine. I hate mecha anime with passion and I don't like sport anime where the plot is all about sport like Captain Tsubasa ugh.

I have watched tons of anime and like you, I hate weaklings and love a cool, strong protagonist. The anime I suggest you bellow will contain only cool male lead or anime with terrific plot or maybe nice romance. You can watch them all with ease.

Oh and stay away from Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora, it's a mecha anime.

Here you go:

Baccano
This is a story about a bunch of immortal people, their immortality secret and their full of action never-ending lives. You'll love at least one of the characters in this series more than you could love Okabe Rintarou. I personally in love with the badass, genius, awesome legendary murderer of this series. And yep, it has romance, a sweet one. Just a note, this anime has 3 timelines. Once you got the hang of it, you'll find them fascinating and brilliantly told. As a fan of Steins;Gate, Death note and Darker than black, not watching this is a shame.

Level E
From the creator of Yu yu Hakuso and Hunter X Hunter, here comes the most genius, epic protagonist ever. If you think Okabe Rintarou is a crazy mad scientist, then this guy is beyond that. He's the smartest guy in universe and ready to overwhelm you with his madness. And this anime has a cute romance too. Oh and don't be tricked by the opening, once you watch at least first 3 episodes, you'll fall completely for the main guy lol.

Mouryou no Hako
A story about multi-layered mysteries and murders. 1-4 episodes are build-up stories,
then you'll get to see the real protagonist in action, a smart,wise and calm guy who can solve any mystery with his interesting friends.

Ungo
If you like a story about a cool and smart detective solving cases then you'll love this one.
There are only 11 episodes so it won't take your time too long.

Devil May Cry
If you want a badass, strong and cool protagonist then look no further. This is your piece of cake.

Guin Saga
Guin is a badass protagonist, he's wise, brave, strong, smart and mysterious. Everything you ever want from a leader, he has them all. And yes, this anime has romance too.

Eden of the East
The main protagonist of this series is a playful and easy going guy, but he's actually very smart, perceptive, cool, and fearless. He lost his memories and is involved in a dangerous and mysterious game. While trying to retrieve back his memories, he and his companions find out that he actually has an outrageous past...

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Yakumo is a guy who can see dead spirits from one of his eyes. He's cool, smart, doesn't talk much and perceptive. The story revolves around dead spirits and murder cases solved by Yakumo and others.

Ghost Hunt
Just like Yakumo, the main guy of this show is also a smart guy with cool, wise, quiet, and calm personalities. Unlike Yakumo, he can't see ghosts but he's "special". This anime isn't just about dead spirits but it also revolves around supernatural occurences, purifications, science, and more in-depth explanations about them.

Speed Grapher
About a cameramen who is bestowed a supernatural ability by a mysterious girl from a secret organization. The both of them are running away from the organization while trying to figure out about their power and the girl's real identity. It's packed with a nice action and romance too.

Saiyuki
Journey to the west has never been portrayed as interesting as this. An amusing fantasy action comedy! You'll love the main protagonist Sanzou, a cool, badass, yet cold and strong. His companions are also awesome. They are nothing like a monk and his discipiles! In fact, they are all good looking and strong.

There are still more like Witch Hunter Robin which is a bit similar with Darker than black. There are also Senkou no Night Raid, Kaidan Restaurant/Thriller Restaurant, Kurozuka, Shiki and King of Bandits Jing. But I'll stop for now before my brain bursts. Trust me, you won't regret ever watching them.
Don't know why, but i feel like i was reflecting myself in a mirror. The way you suggest things... it's just how i do it, and therefore i am appealed by your suggestions very much. Considering you are making comparisons with Steins;Gate and Death Note, i just cannot skip those titles; even if those characters weren't cooler than Okabe, the fact that they could be compared to him already saves a spot in my list. Especially Baccano, Level E, Eden of the East and Guin Saga. The first two will 100% be watched, without any doubt. I'll save other the titles when i want more of thinking and deducing.
EDIT: what's up with Guin Saga? Is the protagonist that Tigerman, or is it just a mask o_O (I hope the second, since i don't really like "inhuman" things)

As far as White Album is concerned, i didn't approach it because i read somewhere it hadn't such romance and was more about the life of these girls doing some music and eventually getting famous or getting kicked off or the sort. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Since you are insisting so much, i'll give breastmilk another try. I'll try to finish the 1st season, and if i'll no longer be disgusted by it, i'll eventually watch the 2nd season.

Anyways, i finished 12 chapters of DMW, and i'm liking it. The girl of DMW really reminds me much of Yuno, and is already showing her crazy traits; oh, and you were right: i shouldn't crave for another title with the same story, characters and setting of Mirai Nikki, because such title would be nothing less than Mirai Nikki itself. The story is already getting twisted, so i'm totally fine with it.

In the meanwhile i read the manga, i'll get those titles.
Old 2012-03-30, 10:13   Link #418
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
As far as White Album is concerned, i didn't approach it because i read somewhere it hadn't such romance and was more about the life of these girls doing some music and eventually getting famous or getting kicked off or the sort. Correct me if i'm wrong.
You are wrong, Classified. While it has music as a background, involving two girls working as idols, the romance (love triangle between the male lead and the two idols) plot is very strong in the series, alongside the drama. Watch the first 13 episodes (the series has 26 episodes) and decide yourself if you want to continue watching or not.

Ah and don't forget to watch OreTsuba : watch the full series (12 episodes) and write yourself a review about this show.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-30, 10:46   Link #419
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Mh ok, i'll give it a try.

Anyways, can anyone answer the first question in this post http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...63#post4071963 ?
Old 2012-03-30, 11:45   Link #420
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Mh ok, i'll give it a try.

Anyways, can anyone answer the first question in this post http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...63#post4071963 ?
The plot is here at Mangaupdates.
MyAnimeList