AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-01-01, 15:53   Link #161
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

If you like ecchi, romance and fantasy, I suggest you watching Qwaser of Stigmata. It's full of action, has decent amount of high-level ecchi. Most of characters (except Sasha who was a 13 years old male protagonist and Katja, a 10 years old loli sadist) are 15+ aged characters.
You can also check out C3 -Cube X Cursed X Curious- : it's about a highschool boy who meets a cube in a form of a human girl who was formally tortured in the Middle Ages. It's a dark harem fantasy who contains a healthy dose of romantic comedy. Every characters (even the cursed tools who were 100-ish years old, even though they have a younger appearance) are 15+ aged characters. The same goes for Is This A Zombie ?, a lighthearted ecchi romantic comedy who also possess a dark side of zombie fantasy and magical boy (male equivalent of magical girl).

For the romantic comedy titles who were devoid of action, check out R-15 : it's about a 15 years old boy who works as a erotic writter. Despite being popular, he was feared by every teenage girls. One day, he enters a academy where only geniuses can be accepted and met a young, shy flutist. The embarassing adventures starts badly for him !

You can also check the upcoming Highschool DxD (waiting for english subs), an highly ecchi dark harem fantasy about a boy who gets killed by his girlfriend before being ressurected as a devil by a powerful devil girl.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 16:43   Link #162
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I had already checked the first ones (i thought i stated it in the first post); anyways, i didn't like them because:
1) Seikon no qwasa: ok that it contains huge loads of ecchiness, but the plot is just random and convenient: what the fuck is that, sucking breasts to gain energy? It's too unreal/ridiculous for my tastes.

2) C3: i passed half of this anime (I think arrived at ep8), but i didn't like much the tones of the anime, beside that the story wasn't that clear to me. What also screwed me a bit is that the anime started on a kinda comedy/random base (girl appears to boy's house, is hungry and eats like a dinosaur) but then it starts off with gruesome killing and mutilations, introducing mentally deviated sadist guys. It's not that i'm scared or shaken by blood scenes (i actually liked animes like hokuto no ken or berserk), but i just find it out of place alterning such scenes with funny ones like it was a natural thing. Also, the girl's mind is just too fucked up: she summons torture chambers out of nowhere, hellraiser's style(old horror movie with bad effects but wicked plot/characters), and the boy's childhood friend is a sword lolwut. Dropped it

3) Didn't start kore wa zombie because the plot didn't appeal me at all; boy that has to dress like a girl, noway i'm gonna sub in such confused protagonist.

4) R-15: i kinda remember the plot of this, but never began it because i'm not really much in otaku culture or novel of whatever genre writing or other things that can be seen only in japan (i'm eu). Due to lacking of titles tho, i might give it a try, so thank you for bringing it up again.

As far as Highschool DxD is concerned, i like the idea, i really like it. Hope it gets subs as soon as possible. I'd like aswell to reborn as a devil haha

Anyways, finished mashiroiro symphony, but i didn't expect such developing from the middle of the anime (I thought all the way that the girl to end up with the protagonist was Sena, the blond one, since they even bathed together and were getting along; since i was putting my hopes in her, when Shingo began going for Miu, i slowly lost my hopes and even tho the final was perfect, with a good ending, since it wasn't with the girl i wanted him to be, i was disappointed) This is another case of anime that fits my requirements but evolves against my previsions and hopes. I'd have rated it 9.5 if he ended up with Sena. I'll go for a 9 nonetheless, since it was fitting. Noone's at fault here, just that this anime misleads a bit in the beginning (5 episodes focused on Sena, then she disappears from the plot, wtf, at least leave her aside from the beginning D: )

I think i'll start Steins:Gate. Hope it's something like Angel Beats, because i really need something like that at the moment.
EDIT
Watched the first episode, and i can tell you it's just the perfect kind of anime for me. Just from the first episode i can tell you this is a 11/10. Gonna swim in it, i like time travelling mindfucking, coupled with fucking cool protagonist. Just thank you.

EDIT2
No seriously, i'm really loving it: the voice actors are just fucking cool and suit the characters perfectly. Oouououohin is so madly cool, spits out random laugh and perverted jokes, he's some mad rational mind and just cool. he just became my favorite male protagonist ever. Kurisu(tina)'s voice is also awesome, i've heard it somewhere else and i love it. Also, i love the intro and the music. Who is the genius of this opera? Prepare to find other titles similar to this.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-01-01 at 20:00.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 02:56   Link #163
Elegance

I will be following this thread and watching most of the recommendations. I started watching Steins;Gate as well and loving it. Who is Oouououohin? Okabe?

Try
Code Geass
Mirai Nikki(ongoing) both use cellphones
Noien since they travel through time and sci fi
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 17:44   Link #164
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Steins:Gate. I have no words. I think it's the best thing i have ever seen in these 20 past years, ever. Neither the best movies could appeal as much as this series did, even tho it's a jap anime aired like any other animes. I am really thankful to you for having brought up this title. I think i might want to stop watching anime with this title just because this satisfied all my needs. It's like when you finish fucking: you don't get the desire of anything else.

This thing surpasses Haruhi's companions and all other stuff by miles. I've always been appealed by time travelling theories, made my own, discovered that such thing can't be done and i was super happy when i found that this anime's time travelling theory just follows what i've always thought: it is impossible to time travel. BUT they introduced an important thing that could have made time traveling possible (that in reality is indeed out of discussion): if someone still keeps the memories of his future self, then he can change the past. The reasons why i don't think time travelling is possible is because, even tho you managed to go back to (let's say) 5 hours, you wouldn't remember what you did 5 hours later, and therefore your actions would just be the same, without the possibility to change the past. If you can keep memories of your future self tho (that is logically and rationally impossible) you can actually do it. That is the fantasy factor that plays the whole role in this anime, leaving anything else just normal and realistic. And i loved it.

That is the main reason why i loved it. Even this reason alone would have made this title my favorite, but no, it was even more than that:
1)
Spoiler for heavy spoilers:

2) The artwork is awesome or at least, it suits my tastes 100%. It's just flawless, there are no memes or chibi figures or retardly funny expressions/faces; mh, don't know how to say it, it's a "serious" animation but it still gave me so many laughs (All those perverted jokes, mad laugh, all that bullshit about agency and north gods and the thing of talking to a turned off phone, they were all fucking fantastic)
3) The characters in it are just awesome and deep: the protagonist actually gives the feeling of him being the protagonist, and since what i was looking for was a "only one guy's pov" (Like Kyon of Haruhi), Okabe just became my favorite character. Kurisu was pretty, just like the 1st and 5th girls of Amagami SS, and was a tsundere.
Spoiler for heavy spoilers:
. Mayuri was what actually you'd define a close friend but still nothing more, and what i was happy about was that the relation between her and Okabe wasn't further than that (therefore avoiding useless drama or broken hearts)
4) The opening and the music that accompanies it is awesome. This is the only anime of which i watched the opening every episode, without skipping it.

If i had to give a color to this anime, i'd choose gray (or perhaps black and white) with some stray red point. Why did i come up with this sentence? I actually don't know, but i just felt like saying it. The atmosphere was just like that, and i loved it.

There is still a sea of things i'd say about this anime, but i'll stop here. It's just to let you know how much liked this anime and how much i'm thankful to you for having suggested it in the first place, so thank you.

PS
Forgot to rate it: . Yes, infinite, because if i rated it 10/10, other titles would just drop to 0.00001/10 or 0.00002/10 at the very best.

EDIT
Now that i remember it, i know the reason why i didn't start Death Note: when it was airing, i wasn't giving a flying fuck in general about japanese animation, and when it finished airing, some retards started spoiling the ending around(X dies), and therefore the whole mistery/suspense that would have pleased me went to hell. That's why i never started it.

EDIT
Perhaps, on a second thought, i'll watch FMP to kill the time. Afterall, i do not expect to get anything better than S:G, so any other anime is equally inferior (If you think about it, either 1 or 1000 are just nothing compared to infinite, therefore any other anime is worth just like the other titles in this case = i'll pick up titles randomly from now on, since they'll all be on the same level)

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-01-02 at 18:35.
Old 2012-01-03, 03:38   Link #165
Elegance

I read this somewhere
"Steins;Gate is set in the summer of 2010, approximately one year after the events that took place in Chaos;Head, in Akihabara."

Maybe Chaos;Head, just a thought ^.-
Old 2012-01-03, 08:05   Link #166
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I thought about it aswell, but then read up the synopsis and it doesn't really look like S:G. The graphic is different, and the characters are too much colored (S:G actually contained red/pink haired girls, but beside red being acceptable, and since that the pink haired girl had a secondary role, i liked it very much for portraying normal hair colors (most were black/brown))

I didn't say it around, but i prefer normal hair colors. I prefer blonde girls over all, back being the second(This is why i love boku wa tomodachi... the main heroines got respectively black noir and blonde hairs). Colors like pink can be acceptable to some extent (I loved Louise, but only because pink kinda reminds me of blonde under another spotlight). I kinda dislike blue/azure hairs (Only Nagi of Kannagi was ok for my tastes, but i think it was more due to the animation being good). I plain don't like gray hairs. I hate green hairs. I'm ok with white hairs depending on the character, but often white is just like gray to my eyes. Orange is too wicked and out of discussion.

Despite this, i can easily accept this color variation as long as the anime fits my requirements. Still, i preferred animes like Steins Gate for portraying a kinda realistic reality, adding the sci-fi element that made it become some monster wonderful opera. I think i also loved it because i could easily follow the plot and because i found that topic about black holes and time travelling really interesting (I myself am going to become a scientist, so well, you can guess why Okabe is my favorite character)

At the moment i finished watching the 12th episode of FMP. Since it got dubbed in my own language, i can relax some more without the needs of subs (they actually aired it in my country long ago, but i wasn't interested in it at that time). Also, even tho the story of Fumoffu is lighter, the first season of FMP is just as fine: it only contains a bit more action, but the plot always plays around Sosuke and Chidori, with actually a bit more interaction. I also find fucking funny Sosuke, always acting like he's at war even at school, throwing granades everywhere haha
Old 2012-01-03, 10:29   Link #167
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
I read this somewhere
"Steins;Gate is set in the summer of 2010, approximately one year after the events that took place in Chaos;Head, in Akihabara."

Maybe Chaos;Head, just a thought ^.-

TBH, Chaos;head sucks.
But I heard the VN is better than anime.. so if you are going to watch Chaos;head, try the VN.
Old 2012-01-03, 11:16   Link #168
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Did it get ever translated (or at least fan translated) to english?

BTW, watching dubbed animes i kinda feel i'm missing something. Perhaps reading subs with the original voices was way better.
Old 2012-01-04, 08:06   Link #169
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Looking around i came across these titles; what do you think about them?
Fate/stay night
Fate/Zero
Baccano
Higurashi
Lunar Legend Tsukihime

Also, once again i was mistaken: the mecha title i hated back then was indeed FMP and not FMA(At the moment i'm almost done with FMP, and i could bear it; probably it's because i'm relaxing out with this title). As far as i could see, FMA doesn't even provide the mecha element, so i actually never watched it. Moreover, i always thought that the protagonist of FMA was a girl haha, didn't notice he's a boy. So, would you suggest me watching FMA?

PS: Can you exactly tell me why a title like Madoka magica, concerning a maybe 10 years old girl, is so famous and considered one of the best anime of 2011? I really don't get it. Perhaps i'm still very unexperienced in this field.
Old 2012-01-04, 09:53   Link #170
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, and Lunar Legend Tsukihime are adaptations from the same author, Type Moon. All of those titles are connected, especially Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero. Most of Type-Moon stories are focused on magic and mystery although there’s action and romance too.

I’d say, the most romantic of those three are Fate/Stay Night and Lunar Legend Tsukihime. Most Type-Moon avid fans consider those two to be very bad adaptations, but that’s only if you are a true fan of Type-Moon. As for the casual anime fans like me, I’d say that Fate/Stay Night is a good romance-fantasy-action anime and Tsukihime is a so-so romance-fantasy anime.

You can watch Fate/Zero when you done watching Fate/Stay Night, but this series focus more on the magic and action even though there’s little romance too. Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/Stay Night but you don’t have to watch it first. In fact, you’d better watch it after Fate/Stay Night.

Higurashi is a drama-horror-mystery-psychological thriller anime while Baccano is an adventure-comedy-fantasy anime. Both are great animes for their genre although I doubt it’s what you’re looking for.

Madoka Magica is famous because of its deep story and a little twist in the magical-girl genre. So, it’s really help if you have good enough experience with anime and know one or two things about magical-girl genre before you watch this series.

If you want a more casual romance-comedy-school life animes, you may want to check the titles I suggested to you a page ago.

As for Fullmetal Alchemist, it's one of the greatest animes out there. Still, it focuses more on the journey of the two alchemist brothers and their search for philosopher's stone which then became a story about revolution. Romance is still there even though it's not the center stage. There are two series of FMA: Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. The later is more true to the source manga while the former creates its own version of the story half-way through.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-01-04 at 10:14.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 17:14   Link #171
Elegance

The only i watched from there is Fate/Stay Night And Lunar Legend

I do recommend them both tho on Lunar Legend episode 1 is confusing so dont give up on it on the first episode
Old 2012-01-04, 20:38   Link #172
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Good, i found something to watch.

I'll now finish FMP and then switch to Fate/Stay night, followed by lunar legend and FMA. Thank you for your suggestions. Steins;gate was just so wonderful that it made me change preferences. It just was the anime for some wicked mind like me.
Old 2012-01-04, 21:49   Link #173
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Good, i found something to watch.

I'll now finish FMP and then switch to Fate/Stay night, followed by lunar legend and FMA. Thank you for your suggestions. Steins;gate was just so wonderful that it made me change preferences. It just was the anime for some wicked mind like me.
So, you aren't looking for ecchi-romance-school life animes anymore? That's great, we can suggest you a lot more then. But, yeah, you can start by watching Fate/Stay Night, FMA and then Fate/Zero and see if you like them. I order them based on their 'serious' element. So, if you don't like 'too serious' stuff, you can stop after watching FMA.

PS: You can start a new thread if you want animes from other genre.
Old 2012-01-05, 00:06   Link #174
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

As i said in some previous post, with Steins;Gate i was kinda realized. The thing nearest to it is The disappearence of Haruhi Suzumiya, that i have already watched (and loved). So basically S;G stopped my hunger towards animes. However, when i haven't got really nothing to do, i feel like watching some anime, but this time more carelessly and with no real priority. So well, i'm still looking for some romance anime, with the only difference that S;G opened new horizons, and the school setting requirement can go get fucked.

Actually, the only requirement is that it hasn't to be too old (before 2002 and such), characters age must be 15 - 18 (even 14 and 19-20), the boy must be the protagonist and he must not have childish look/voice/behaviour. Saying that it has to contain cute girls is pointless. I'm open to fantasy, mystery, thriller, or anything else but keep in mind that the main hated things are: mecha element, hybrid-humans (cat girls and such), feudal japan setting(I'm okay if the setting is in some medieval or still ancestral era BUT filled with the fantasy element. Something like ZnT setting is pretty much acceptable). Ah ye, it is severely preferable if the romance goes beyond holding hands, perhaps a kiss is even enough. If you get some uncensored hentai with some plot it's okay anyways, lol (Already checked discipline and BB, but they were funny in their own way, if you get what i mean. The latter was a bit too dark and weird. The graphic was okay, but avoid ridiculous things. Also avoid tentacles or other weird stuff, old men and monsters with 4x4 dick). How much plot do they have to contain? Plots like the ones of Yosuga no sora or Aki sora are enough. Ah ye, almost forgot: the anime titles mustn't be shit, no matter how much they fit the requirements. If they just suck, don't name them.
Thank you again for your attention
Old 2012-01-05, 08:54   Link #175
DrSmith

You can check Chaos;HEAd.
DrSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 11:35   Link #176
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Did it get ever translated (or at least fan translated) to english?

BTW, watching dubbed animes i kinda feel i'm missing something. Perhaps reading subs with the original voices was way better.
Yeah, it was 100% translated to english.
Old 2012-01-05, 18:23   Link #177
Elegance

Also Amagami SS+ episode aired today tho its still raw.
Old 2012-01-05, 20:56   Link #178
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu, but it sucked dick. I didn't understand the plot untill the end (when i got some hints about this world and what was going on). The romance was depressing and the girl... always leaking blood, fucked up brain with killer personality, autism and other weird things. The guy was like "oh look i don't give a flying fuck tho i act good because the plot says so" and i don't understand why, when running away with the girl on the railway, he tells her all those mean things (I actually would have said the same, but at the same time i wouldn't have even begun such travel with this sniveling whore, and if he really loved her, why such harsh words out of nowhere?). The end was also sad, but the guy didn't care anyways and the story behind the girl sucked aswell. Not developed characters at all. Didn't really like it, 5.5.
Old 2012-01-05, 21:31   Link #179
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I have an important question about Inukami: i started watching it, but it looks like i'm missing something: the story already starts out with the boy and the girl, that are already together, fighting perverted demons. Where is the story about the boy actually meeting for the first time this girl? Or perhaps i'm watching some second season of this anime? Anyways, i like it very much for the humor, that perv demon was fucking laughable at haha.
Old 2012-01-05, 21:47   Link #180
Elegance

I stopped watching on the first episode tho im pretty sure that it shows theme together but the other episodes might show how they meet. Why I think this is because there is no other season.

Rec-romance, very short
Futakoi-harem, romance
Elfen Lied-romance,dark,supernatural,gore