AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-12, 03:19   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Nanoha - Q&A

There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve this connundrums. If someone has such a question about Nanoha which can be solved by answering with facts from any of the anime seasons, mangas, drama CDs, games or whatnot, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

One final detail. Since we have several different season, several mangas and... well, there's a lot of Nanoha, we want people asking questions about A's to be protected from spoilers in StrikerS. This means you have to use spoiler tags and those spoiler tags need to have titles! Posters of untagged spoilers risk getting banned. If you don't know how to use a spoiler tag, please read this FAQ.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-03-12, 11:55   Link #2
Question
Crossdresser

So to start off, how many series of this are there, and what are they about?
Old 2007-03-12, 12:09   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wow... Thats a very general question...

Well, I'm pretty sure there's tons of people here who are willing to write essay answers to them, so I'll just answer the lesser one.

There're 2 seasons of 'Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha'. The second season is call ' Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's ' A third one is about to be air on the 3rd(?) of next month call 'Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS '.

If you want the synopsis for them, I'll direct you to ANN...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4576

My personal opinion, watch it, seat through the painful first few episodes, then you'll see why we have a thread that contains 2000+ posts...

...Oh yeah, ignore the transformation scene if you're squeamish. , The music's great though.
Old 2007-03-14, 09:34   Link #4
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Does it mantion anywere how many season in total their will be?
Old 2007-03-14, 09:54   Link #5
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

As of current, there will be three seasons, StrikerS being the third. It's not known whether there will be further seasons after that.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-03-15, 12:02   Link #6
Schala

I hope it's alright to ask a Lyrical Party question here... Anyone know if there's anyway to still get Lyrical Party tickets for someone who doesn't understand much Japanese? Cause I'm going to be in Japan on that day, but I've been unsuccessful at procuring tickets...
Old 2007-03-15, 13:40   Link #7
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'm going too and got my tickets back when they first went on sale and my brother's wife (who bought them for me) ask if it was extremely popular because apparently there was a crowd.

All I can suggest doing is finding a japanese speaker who will check for you. Kinda hard core, I know. But meh, it's Lyrical Party. It's already hard core so a bit more wouldn't hurt.

I'd check for you but I don't speak Japanese either.
Old 2007-03-16, 23:18   Link #8
sezen_atacan

I have a multi-part question involving both the anime and lyrical toy box.

a) What kind of character is Chrono in Lyrical Toy Box?

b) Is there personality differences of Chrono between Lyrical Toy Box and the anime?

c) Does Chrono originally have an atitude in Lyrical Toy Box like in most shounen anime? He seems kinda plain in the anime. Which makes me wonder were doujin makers get the idea of making Chrono more emotional.

d) At the end of Lyrical Toy Box is the Bond between Chrono and Nanoha as strong as Fate and Nanoha in the anime?

e) In Lyrical Toy Box, is Chrono just a one man army or is he working for someone?

f) How do things work out that ended the fight between Chrono and Nanoha in Lyrical Toy Box? Well, there had to come a solution that both sides can agree on right? How does Nanoha save Chrono's people from annihilation?

h) Also I heard that Suzuka, the purple haired friend of Nanoha is a vampire in Lyrical Toy Box. What role does Suzuka play in Lyrical Toy Box? Bad guy, good guy, neutral? Sounds like an interesting gothic mystery with Suzuka being an undead and all.
Old 2007-03-24, 22:46   Link #9
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schala View Post
I hope it's alright to ask a Lyrical Party question here... Anyone know if there's anyway to still get Lyrical Party tickets for someone who doesn't understand much Japanese? Cause I'm going to be in Japan on that day, but I've been unsuccessful at procuring tickets...
the easiest method to obtain a ticket now would probably to buy one from a Japanese auction site because they've been up for auction on Yahoo Japan Auctions for a while, but expect to pay a fairly high premium and any deputy costs if u don't have a friend/relative in japan who can get it for you. The tickets to Lyrical Party are *sold out* according to my cousin who's in japan.
Old 2007-04-02, 14:50   Link #10
Key Board
Carbon

Yeah, Chrono is pretty much like Fate Testarossa in ToyBox

Nanoha likes moody misunderstood people for some reason
Old 2007-04-02, 19:50   Link #11
Kamesan

I was looking for something new to watch and was considering Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS. However, I didn't watch the previous series and I know relatively little about it. Is it OK for me to watch it or am I going to be completely lost?
Old 2007-04-02, 20:02   Link #12
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You can actually watch StrikerS without the original, and A's series, but it would cut short your possibility to understand the background without the prequels. (the plot itself isn't dependant of the 2 previous series, but you will not be able to fully understand the character cast, and the themes, such like "technologic" Magic, as Mild-childa and so forth)

to put it bluntly, it would be like watching DBZ without the original serie : the plot won't give any problem, but the setup and characters might be too shady.

i would suggest you to watch the prequels first : they aren't too long (13 episodes each), and they are quite enjoyable. (also, they might give you an idea of StrikerS. if you don't like the prequels, you will most likely not like StrikerS, except if your only problem with original and A's is the "loli" parts)
Old 2007-04-11, 13:33   Link #13
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamesan View Post
I was looking for something new to watch and was considering Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS. However, I didn't watch the previous series and I know relatively little about it. Is it OK for me to watch it or am I going to be completely lost?
I second Klashikari's reply above. Yes, watch the 2 prequels, you will be much better off with them under your belt.
Old 2007-04-15, 06:11   Link #14
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
which day does StrikerS air weekly ?
Old 2007-04-16, 07:06   Link #15
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
which day does StrikerS air weekly ?
Every day except Wednesday. Yep, even on Saturday and Sunday too.
For more information, the fastest airing is on Sunday 25:10 at Wakayama.
Old 2007-04-16, 08:05   Link #16
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

How old are Chrono and Amy? Compared to, say, Nanoha?
Old 2007-04-16, 08:08   Link #17
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Chrono 20 years old at end of A's according to wiki. so is 5 years older then Nanoha. I can't find the age of Amy, but I do remember reading somewhere she is abit older then Chrono
Old 2007-04-16, 08:54   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

By 2 years.
Old 2007-04-16, 19:34   Link #19
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Every day except Wednesday. Yep, even on Saturday and Sunday too.
For more information, the fastest airing is on Sunday 25:10 at Wakayama.
you seriously that StrikerS airs everyday ?
Old 2007-04-16, 19:40   Link #20
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Different provinces = different TV stations = different air time and date

It happens just about every anime.
Closed Thread