Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

lmao you can't be real.
This author...
Old 2021-01-13, 03:23   Link #202
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
And still nothing has been answered concerning Misaki's 'secret'. They keep dangling that like a carrot on a stick to the readers...
Misaki's secret is already revealed for months.

Instead choosing the love of her life, she accepted the offered from Japanese Ministry of Health. She accepted the matchmaking by artificial intelligence. As long as she keeps her promise, the Ministry of Health will keep the protagonist alive. The secret is that the protagonist has the terminal illness, and he is not aware of it.

Also, Misaki does not have the faith that she and protagonist will end up together. She is mirroring herself to her mother. Her parents met in the same class, just same as how Misaki and the protagonist met. Her mother eventually betrayed her father, and Misaki might feel she will end up as her mother.

So, the story is hinting their relationship is bound to be doomed?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-13, 03:30   Link #203
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
lmao you can't be real.
This author...
It is real now.

厚生労働省(Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare) started the matchmaking program powered by artificial intelligence. It is not the story from KOI TO USO manga. The real life Japanese Ministry of Health is helping Japanese singles to find their partners.

https://www.newsonjapan.com/html/new...cle/129237.php

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0241571

scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-18, 05:41   Link #204
AP24

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ndings/.171856

This will make all readers satisfied
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-18, 05:47   Link #205
Lex79

What really makes me satisfied is that it's going to end.
Old 2021-11-22, 10:14   Link #206
AP24

There hasn’t been any new chapter because it looks like you have to buy the final volume to know what happens next. There are two versions of the final volume, each covering different ending.
Old 2021-11-25, 17:14   Link #207
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ndings/.171856

This will make all readers satisfied
I personally think this is cowardly and a total cop-out.

I would NEVER ever write a freaking story like this. It makes sense for dating sims to include multiple ends to multiple routes.

But this is a damn manga.

Have him choose someone or choose NO ONE....like....my God..you coward.

I'd like to add...I've read a lot of harem and I've read a lot of romance manga. This is by far one of the worst. Worst protagonist and worst "reasons" for characters to LIKE the protagonist. Like someone on ANN said "it's like they made the color beige into a character" Lol but I think that's insulting to beige.

But yeah...aside from characters being crap, the writing is also crap. "I love you cause you shared your eraser." ARE YOU F**KING SERIOUS?

Stop insulting my intelligence. You could do the same damn story if they had always been childhood friends and liked each other from the start.

"Why you reading it if it's so bad, Chiibi?"

I dropped it long ago actually. xD I got tired of the BS going in circles.

And it takes a lot for me to DROP a romance manga so congrats.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2021-11-25 at 17:37.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-25, 22:52   Link #208
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Alternate endings are an incredibly old trope though. Classical plays were known to have alternate versions depending on the audiences. Charles Dickens created a completely new ending to one of his books specifically to change the conclusion to the romance because various friends disliked the original. I'd say it's a nice twist. For a hard shipper a "bad" ending can rank right up there with netorare. If you let rival characters get and stay too closely matched then you could lose a lot of sales and lose a lot of fans by choosing one and abandoning the other. I wish more authors would do this. Doesn't even have to be a full different volume. Just a spinoff or extra with a couple chapters showing a "what-if" where the characters I felt were meant to be find a path to one another. Doesn't matter if it's not canon, just giving the audience the characters as the author sees them gain the "happy" end they want can be a big thing. I myself loved a manga right up until it crushed a ship I adored, now I loathe it; if I found out Kurose made a non-canon extra where things turned out differently, I'd buy it without hesitation.

Romance is in a sense all about ships. If you're going to go all the way to the end with "it could go either way" and have hordes of fans that'd love or hate your work, whose view of your future works could be tainted by your choice, it makes sense to just stick with it and show both ways it could end, then let each individual reader decide what they want to consider "canon".
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-30, 15:56   Link #209
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
For a hard shipper a "bad" ending can rank right up there with netorare.
True...but I still think two endings is a cowardly thing to do.

Unless the author TRULY can't make up their own mind...well, that's...another issue entirely lol
Old 2021-12-31, 03:44   Link #210
RDNexus

Well... If what I read last night were the 2 endings...
Damn, such crappy endings. No proper conclusions.
The story got me at first, but the last stretch fell through.
Another disappointing ending to me, nothing new.
Aren't authors capable of ending their stories with a bang? Rather than a wimp...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-31, 13:51   Link #211
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Wait, are you telling me that despite getting two endings those aren't conclusive at all?
Old 2021-12-31, 14:02   Link #212
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNexus View Post
What do you mean? The endings are not out yet. Only parts of the final chapters are out so far.
Old 2021-12-31, 16:26   Link #213
RDNexus

Ah, OK. So those weren't already the final chapters.
Heck, such complications because the author couldn't stick to a proper ending. Goodness...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-31, 18:43   Link #214
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNexus View Post
The story got me at first, but the last stretch fell through.
Another disappointing ending to me, nothing new.
Aren't authors capable of ending their stories with a bang? Rather than a wimp...
I think those are just the first chapter to the endings. Part of the reason that the one and only difference I saw glancing through was him having a dream at the end, one with each girl.

And again with the alternate endings, I'm still OK with it depending on how it's done. I don't think it's that great an idea to spring it on us at the last minute like this; telling us from the start that there'd be alternate endings would be fine, but coming to the end and then saying "You know what, I/fans like both girls so much that I'm writing two alternate paths" does feel like a cop-out. I'd very much prefer either, as I said, a declaration early on that this is the intention, or an alternate produced well after the story ended, or maybe an extra or doujinshi that the author specifies as a non-canon "what if" scenario demonstrating how the author thinks certain characters might get together. It's certainly something that can be done and done very well. But this was definitely not well-executed in my opinion.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-02, 07:57   Link #215
Lex79

I'm not against multiple endings in principle, but in this case I'm not a fan of a Lylina ending because of the "give up your free willand do as the government says" message, only partially mitigated by the fact that the protagonist is falling in love with her for real. Let's see if the author will manage to deliver both endings in a satisfying way, but the way the Misaki secret arc was handled doesn't give me big hopes.
Old 2022-01-06, 16:36   Link #216
AP24

Final volume starts from when Yukari finds out the truth about what Misaki did for him. The parts until the gift exchange ceremony that we’ve already seen before the manga release went into long break are from Lilina route. The parts from Yukari searching for Misaki after leaving the gift exchange ceremony that we’ve already seen are from Misaki route.

This doesn’t really tells us which one is author’s preferred ending but one thing for sure the author released parts from Lilina route first.

Tags
drama, love triangle, romance, school life, yaoi