AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-21, 19:33   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Umm... We're only at episode 3, and objects just appear and disappear between scenes. Considering the basket was an important object in the episode, at least not have that alternate between dimensions?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-21, 22:26   Link #42
grecefar

I almost missed this little jewel, each chapter has been a joy. I like how she is getting a new part each chapter for her cub, and it was smart thinking with the safety goggles.

this may be a favorite of this season.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-22, 11:50   Link #43
Fevvers
a regular van veen

They did it again. Though I’m no biker but the look on Koguma’s face on seeing her cub and her “speeding” the first few times is so me the first time I bought a car. A show with a bunch of girls as its main cast could easily deviate into male gaze-pandering, I’m still surprised with how subdued and authentic this feels.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-22, 15:55   Link #44
Dop
Mmmm....

I do like how low-key this show is playing it.
Rather than "Oh hey we just spoke for the first time and now we're total BFFs", Reiko and Koguma are finding their way around each other. They're two very different people with one common interest, Reiko more naturally outgoing and Koguma very reserved and isolated.
But through this Koguma's world is very slowly opening up to possibilities she'd not realised.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 16:50   Link #45
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

finally see Koguma's smile. Her cub got many upgrades.

well, safety goggles are also good for protecting the eyes from the wind.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 19:53   Link #46
Alchemist007
*Author

Lol that statement near the end though. "I have no friends/family/life, but at least I have a Honda Super Cub™."
Old 2021-04-25, 06:10   Link #47
ditn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
It never was a "Super Cub", it was a Japan Post bike based around the Cub design and engine but with lots of differences. Notice the smaller front wheel which allows for a large front parcel carrier rack compared to Koguma-san's Super Cub, for instance. Reiko's bike has telescopic forks and not the pivot-based linkage suspension on the Super Cub. Later JP bikes had 110cc engines, not something the classic Super Cub ever had IIRC.
I don't know anything about bikes so thanks for that information
But the Japan Post bike she has is by no means standard i think? unless they come tuned like that oem but that would be crazy.

I mess around with car engines and cars in general and i just happen to see alot of high end tuned parts on the bike which most people probably wouldnt use (if they are genuine of course)
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 22:21   Link #48
Friday
Im shy too...

episode 3

the upgrade episode!!!
-1x Black Box(Rear)
-1x Wired Basket(Front)
-1x Goggles Black from Hardware Store

A Visor, probably at a later date
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-27, 02:53   Link #49
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditn View Post
I mess around with car engines and cars in general and i just happen to see alot of high end tuned parts on the bike which most people probably wouldnt use (if they are genuine of course)
Reiko's bike has some very expensive parts -- the exhaust might well be a hand-crafted one-off since I think she mentioned it was made of titanium (The Devil's Metal). The market for custom parts for Cubs and their derivatives is quite large since there are literally hundreds of millions of them on the road worldwide but the really high-end parts are not too common and likely to be very expensive.

Spoiler for why Joshikausei Reiko can afford this level of customisation for her bike:
Old 2021-04-28, 15:25   Link #50
grecefar

that face after the first rain, I wanted to cry with her ;A;

any job well done and rewarded can bring you a smile to your faces, nice working summer for her.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 16:15   Link #51
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 08:36.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 16:20   Link #52
HandofFate

show has the best frowns of the season.
was cracking up at her when she was soaking wet
Old 2021-04-28, 18:15   Link #53
nojay
Scanlator

Episode 4 -- I was waiting for Koguma-chan to get rained on, it's one of the things bikers have to live with. I'm pretty sure that Japan isn't that dry weatherwise and especially up in the mountains where she lives but she rode for a month or more without a drop of rain, apparently.

She finally gets to carry out her first oil change. I do wonder how she disposed of the used oil though. I can't wait until she discovers the wonderful world of Honda OHC engine cam chain tensioners, which... well, don't.

Still liking this series, very laid-back and undramatic.
Old 2021-04-28, 18:52   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I really love how the color palette reflects Koguma's mood. At first I thought it only happened when she was on her Cub, but nope.

A bit puzzled the old man told her she needed to learn to change the oil herself. Isn't he losing business? He even tells her she can buy oil anywhere instead of his place. And I wonder if we're ever going to back to the "it killed three people" thing.
Old 2021-04-29, 00:55   Link #55
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A bit puzzled the old man told her she needed to learn to change the oil herself. Isn't he losing business? He even tells her she can buy oil anywhere instead of his place.
I'd guess that oil changes are just a tiny bit of his income, and he probably thinks it's more important for her to learn how to do it.

The rain gear may have been a bit pricey, but it paid for itself right away.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-29, 06:50   Link #56
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 4:

Koguma putting her Cub to good use, first job, and she was able to gather up some funds. Buying the rain clothes is better than getting sick.

old man is nice enough to tell her that she should learn to change the oil herself.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-29, 07:31   Link #57
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Did they just make up this job to help support a student? Given how attached the Japanese are to fax machines, I don't understand why someone would have to courier papers between schools.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-29, 20:17   Link #58
Friday
Im shy too...

episode 4

best scene: after she checks to see that she is still dry, she smiles and look at the rain and says "take that"

getting a call from Reiko saying come over to my place gonna be another new experience for Koguma
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-29, 20:54   Link #59
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Is this a glorified Honda commercial with a quiet girl to showcase it? Was wondering what brand watch she bought herself. Certainly not Daiso or Casio lol.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-29, 21:47   Link #60
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Is this a glorified Honda commercial with a quiet girl to showcase it?
Yes. Yes, it is. What's your point?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorcycles