AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-28, 04:16   Link #1661
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post

Star Saber has an interesting name, though; almost as if it should have a sword form.
Nope, it should TRANSFORM

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 10:25   Link #1662
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Nope, it should TRANSFORM

Well... Unison Devices already "gattai" with their Meisters. So it kinda fits.

Cheers.
Old 2011-12-28, 10:51   Link #1663
Sunder the Gold

Hybrid Devices. A step between Intelligent and regular Unison.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 14:13   Link #1664
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Maybe Rio learned it from Vivio?
It was mentioned in Vivid ch11. Rio was impressed after watching Einhart and Vivio in action. Corona said Rio worked hard to get her spells ready for the trip. So, Rio figured out how to do that by herself.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 14:29   Link #1665
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It was mentioned in Vivid ch11. Rio was impressed after watching Einhart and Vivio in action. Corona said Rio worked hard to get her spells ready for the trip. So, Rio figured out how to do that by herself.
GENIUS! No, really. The girl just figured out how to use a spell most likely reserved for the royal elite? I think that's pretty amazing XD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 15:34   Link #1666
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... it's just transformation magic. It's not all that special, seeing how we saw Yuuno and the Lieze Twins use it as well.
Old 2011-12-28, 15:49   Link #1667
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... it's just transformation magic. It's not all that special, seeing how we saw Yuuno and the Lieze Twins use it as well.
The Lieze Twins are familiar and Yuuno is fairly above your average mage. Plus, their transofrmation magic isn't the same as the Adult Modes who serve the purpouse of age and strenghten the body of a young mage which is different than "transforming" we see how Yuuno and Zafira transforms and then we saw Vivio "Aging" while transforming into adult mode and it looked quite different, it seems to be a more complex process. Probably a more advanced form of transformation magic?

Plus, everyone seemed to be quite surprised to see that Rio have an adult form as if it were something not very common to see.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-28, 15:50   Link #1668
Sunder the Gold

The trick wasn't so much the transformation as making the transformation magic instinctive, I think. That is, they know how to use the spell without anyone actually needing to teach it to them.

Kind of like how Einhart has the knowledge of Kaiser Arts and her ancestor's memories without needing to be taught those things, only her bloodline's ancestral recall is obviously a far more advanced trick of technology than making your children inherently understand a single particular spell.
Old 2011-12-28, 15:55   Link #1669
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

My remark is that an adult mode is just transformation magic--it's not some secret Belkan royal birthright or the like, like you're making it sound to be. And the Lieze Twins' transformation magic looked to be the same as Vivio, Einhart, and Rio's adult modes.
Old 2011-12-28, 15:57   Link #1670
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
My remark is that an adult mode is just transformation magic--it's not some secret Belkan royal birthright or the like, like you're making it sound to be. And the Lieze Twins' transformation magic looked to be the same as Vivio, Einhart, and Rio's adult modes.
We never saw the Lieze Twins tranforming into cat form and if you're refering to their transformetion in the duo of Masked Men it looked way different from Vivio's "aging tranformation".

Plus, even if Adult Mode is more open to the common folk now that not necessarily means it lacks royal origin. Cartridge Powered devices wasn't mainstream until Nanoha and Fate decided to took the risk with Raising Heart and Bardiche, before that the technology was only used on Armed Devices who are mainly used by Belkan Knights(with notable exceptions like Quint Nakajima).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-28, 18:15   Link #1671
Key Board
Carbon

It's forced aging. The logic is that an adult body is a better vessel to channel power.

The process is kinda like a certain someone from Hunter x Hunter... except less amusing and drama.. xd

Honestly, though.. there's no way adult mode should be healthy for her natural development.

Vivio is a special case, but when other people are doing it... you have to wonder what they are sacrificing
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 18:19   Link #1672
Sunder the Gold

Healthier than spending days on end as a ferret, I'm sure.
Old 2011-12-28, 19:04   Link #1673
Key Board
Carbon

Chapter 32 seems to be out

any spoilers?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 20:03   Link #1674
Justin_Brett

Yep.

So I guess it's just Force without a chapter...again. They should have gotten an artist with more free time.

Heh, Miura gets hit and gets spinning Zaffys around here.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 20:56   Link #1675
Kuze

If I'm reading Yukari's blog correct, she's involved in Movie 2nd illustrations and something for C81 coming out on the 31st, plus ZnT, no time to finish Force 21.

Maybe Aki was right, they should've just brought back the StrikerS manga artist to focus on Force, and let Yukari go wild on colors.

Anyways, enough about that.

Michaiah is back, seems like all her words are for Corona and Einhart. She's pretty nonchalant.

Miura attacks; isn't connecting. Vivio strikes, hits every time.

Miura decides to just match power for power, attack where Vivio is attacking for lack of Belkan ruler precognition (hey, remember pre-Michaiah fight where Nun Number talked about how Vivio had yet to use her true power? ) Manages to knock Vivio off of the stage. (yeah, Miura you're gonna pay for that one)

Vivio has a honest to god **** eating grin on her face.

Miura is bruised up with a bit of blood out of the mouth, nothing at all is wrong with Vivio.

Hayate is nonchalant about it (kids gonna be kids, this is designed to be not at all threatening somethow), Nanoha and Fate are all "oh noes our (completely unharmed) Vivio!"

So, countdown to how long this will last.

Will Miura exit the stage with dignity and having proven that guts and conditioning can make a difference against a haxed out heritage, or will it be yet again "I use my truest power, therefore you lose and you like it"?

Before I forget it, yes, Miura has a star in her eye, and images dancing around her head. If ViViD were more followed online, we'd already have Kris telling her "you're a jukebox Euro! You've got stars in your eyes!" followed by Vivio saying "Yeah! Touch the skies!", and some random image of Haters gonna hate.

In fact, it would probably be right behind Olivie's HERP DERP DURR face for spamming.

Last edited by Kuze; 2011-12-28 at 21:08.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 21:20   Link #1676
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

We already saw Haxed Heritage crushing young guts and conditioning during the fight of Victoria VS. Chantez so things look pretty grim for Miura right now. I know her destiny is sealed but at least i hope she manage to give to a full powered Vivio a run for her money before biting the dust.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-28, 23:05   Link #1677
Kuze

Eh, to be fair with Shante, unless Victoria had something else up her gauntlet, she very well could've won through just chipping away, doing blind side attacks, and abusing her superior agility.

And not doing stuff like showing all her clones at once and trying to overwhelm Vicky with nun power.

There, Shante's conditioning was lacking. Her mind wasn't all in the fight, she wanted to show off and mock her opponent, had her focus shaken at the wrong time because she didn't have confidence in Victoria's ability. I haven't quoted fanfiction in a long time, so now I will post what is relevant:

Quote:
Little secret about boxers: They know that the fight game isn't about fancy moves and ancient Japanese mystic hoo-doo. The fight game is about conditioning. You need to be strong enough to hand out pain, hearty enough to take it, and confident enough not to get rattled.
Having said that, I really now wish that we hadn't been told that Vivio's greatest strength isn't in Strike Arts and that she's just doing this for sheer fun. I like Miura much more than Corona.

...but who am I kidding. This isn't why I decided to post again.

Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 02:35   Link #1678
Justin_Brett

Man, I don't remember anything like that from Neo.

All things considered though, a few rough panels is better than half a chapter or none at all.
Old 2011-12-29, 03:08   Link #1679
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
There are plenty of derp moments in Vivid. Was it really necessary to photoshop Olivie's face for that?
Old 2011-12-29, 04:06   Link #1680
Justin_Brett

...what's the point of adding DERP to something you made look derpy?

Tags
vivid