AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-30, 22:16   Link #21
Truenofan

Send a message via AIM to Truenofan Send a message via Yahoo to Truenofan
ahhh damn you itachi, i was gonna say that, its one of my favs, www.hlcomic.com is funny too though. for those of you who've played hl2 and the add on pack.
Old 2007-03-02, 21:48   Link #22
Shalron

Send a message via AIM to Shalron Send a message via MSN to Shalron
www.lfgcomic.com is an awesome comic loosely based offa world of warcraft. But its funny as hell "that orphanage attacked me, you all saw it"
Old 2007-03-03, 07:23   Link #23
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

www.schlockmercenary.com This is a webcomic about a group of intersteller mercenaries and what they'll do for money (anything) It is a good read for a few reasons, first it always has a laugh every day, and the second is that it is there every day, for around 6 years or so and it hasn't ever gone on hiatus or vaction or writers block etc. The art now is really decent but it has improved over the years especially if you read from the beginning. Though seriously this is a great sci fi/comedy strip to read for the words as much if not more than the art.
Old 2007-03-03, 15:23   Link #24
honeysempai
Lins #1 fangirl / LinxMai

Send a message via AIM to honeysempai
Well, as alot of people have posted before me I have to say Megatokyo. Even though im a bit behind right now... its hilarious. I love Largo.
Old 2007-03-04, 04:33   Link #25
passin'gass
Cropduster

I read Aoi House http://www.gomanga.com/webmanga/inde...ies=aoi&page=1

Its based on a US university too...
Old 2007-03-05, 01:41   Link #26
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
These are in a non-manga style format, but if anyone enjoys a more artistic punchline you should check out A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible and The Perry Bible Fellowship
Old 2007-03-05, 04:40   Link #27
Morganchan
Gero?!

VG Cats, Penny Arcade and Megatokyo are the ones I usually try to keep up with. I like 8-Bit Theatre, too, but I've been meaning to play catch up on that XD; Let's see if I've got anything that hasn't already been linked...

Kid Radd - I highly recommend this one, especially if you're a video game fan! The characters are great, and I'm especially fond of the nods to certain games and cliches that pop up (most notably one my favorite SNES RPGs being obviously parodied near the end). Best part is that, although it's a sprite comic, all the art's original (so no recolors and stuff) and it's animated in parts, too! Gotta love stuff with a unique look. The comic's been finished for quite a while now, so no waiting for updates to continue the story.

Elf Only Inn - I actually haven't read this one in a while; I thought it was indefinetly hiatused, but when I went to get the link I saw it seemed to be running again! Huh Either way, it's a fun jab at nerdiness and bizarre internet roleplaying. I enjoy the sheer weirdness factor.

Obviously I'm too video game-centric. Now I've gotta go check out the webcomics everybody else linked already~!
Old 2007-03-05, 08:33   Link #28
Slayerx

Let's see...I read A LOT of these things...
so putting aside already mentioned ones, and in no particular order

Order of the Stick
Based on Dungeons and dragons, where a party of adventurers are out to stop an evil lich from taking over the world... yes i know their just stick figures, but you should give it a chance... storywise it is really good

Dr.McNinja
He's both a doctor, a ninja and down right hilarious... and in one storyline he answers what the source of the whole pirates vs ninja's thing

Grim tales from down below
Another one of Bleedman's comics like the one linked before, based off the adventure's of billy and Mandy and fast fowarding to the future

Ever After
Though on the same site, this one is not by Bleedman but another good artist. It's still in an early stage and is in a sort of intermission part, but once it gets back onto the story i'm sure it's gonna be good...

8-bit Theater
Ah yes, the retelling of the orginal Final Fantasy, downright hilarious

Alpha Shade
Not sure the best way to describe this one... a war and parrelel worlds... the art style is awsome and the story is getting good

Apple Geeks
You should avoid this one if you downright HATE macs... overall it's funny, particularly in the begining, though it's become more storybased in recent years and less about humor... Though the applegeeks lite comics at the bottom help make up for the slacking humor in the main comic "get a mac"

Gone with the Blastwave
Awsome art and humor, nuff' said
Old 2007-03-08, 23:48   Link #29
animefanrk2k

Send a message via AIM to animefanrk2k Send a message via MSN to animefanrk2k
hmm....

9th Elsewhere - this comic is an interesting one

The Rogue's Gallery - this one's pretty fun too

Other than, I read Megatokyo, the Clone Manga ones, and stuff. XD
Old 2007-03-09, 00:50   Link #30
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan View Post
Ctrl+Alt+Del is the only one that I read. It's very good, IMO.
seconded. i like that it has a plot, and development of the characters.
Old 2007-03-09, 01:46   Link #31
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

The ones I read regularly are the already mentioned 8-bit Theater, Dub This! and its sequel Stand Tall! and Okashina Okashi - Strange Candy.

One that I like that's been on hiatus forever is RPG World.

Old 2007-03-09, 03:30   Link #32
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Messenjah View Post
Ah, I use to read Megatokyo but it sort of seemed as if the story was going absolutely nowhere at times.

Right now, I just read Penny-arcade and VGcats.
Penny-Arcade goes somewhere????? Hmmmm, Sluggy.com seems to have gotten back on track recently (one of the older webcomics).

Okay... I'll try to only mention ones I haven't seen already listed. I tend to focus on STORY-driven comics, so pretty much all of these should be read from the first strip.

http://freefall.purrsia.com/ Freefall - a great read (3 times a week) ... be prepared to spend months of your time reading about a few minutes of comic time though Great physics, philosophy, and jabs at various sacred cows.

Relatively new one with potential:
http://www.lfgcomic.com/ Looking For Group - WOWish setting, full of some absolutely great one-liners particularly of the Undead character Richard.

http://www.applegeeks.com/ Apple Geeks - kind of bobbles around plotwise but great art.

http://www.goats.com/ Goats - been around "forever" and still strange as hell.

http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/ Weebl and Bob - Flash comics, either you'll split your sides dying or wonder what the hell Vexx has been snorting.

http://www.missmab.com/ DMFA comics - little amateur effort that has gotten very good in the last couple of years. Hails from my former lives in MUDs such as FurryMuck and Furcadia (hey, I never wore a catsuit so there). The first year or two of archives are pretty badly drawn but they help you understand the character definitions.

http://www.dorktower.com As Igor says: IT MUST BE MINE!!!! Not strictly a webcomic, but the author is nice enough to share online.

http://zebragirl.keenspot.com/ Zebra Girl ..... Sandra wakes up one morning and things are quite different. Some stumbles in art and plot but some very nice work overall. Story is on hiatus but there's a few years to read anyway til the author rises back from his slumber beneath the waves. The guest comics only serve to show how good the actual author is...

http://www.wtfcomics.com/ WTFcomics ... yes, I used to Everquest long ago and started reading this. It has its moments.

There's more but those are particular favorites. I'll say again - each of those need to be read from the first strip.
Old 2007-03-09, 03:52   Link #33
tritoch

http://questionablecontent.net/ - Awesome emo 'slice of life' comics that is superbly written [english major artist]- awesome stuff.
Old 2007-05-13, 14:33   Link #34
ibreatheanime

I adore
Questionable content
Inverloch
Megatokyo
CTRL ALT DEL
Aoi house
Misfile.

but in general I just love webcomics!

www.onlinecomics.net
Old 2007-05-13, 15:09   Link #35
Umaibo

PA is the only one I go regularly.
Old 2007-05-17, 12:08   Link #36
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

Aoi house
megatokyo
control alt delete
turn signals on a land raider ( for warhammer 40k fans )
VG cats
8-bit theater
Old 2007-05-17, 14:36   Link #37
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Captain SNES

Takes place after the events of Captain N: The Game Master and the Great Reformat into the SNES/16-Bit era.

You have to start from the very beginning or you'll have no idea what is going on.
Old 2007-05-17, 15:21   Link #38
Jaden

8-Bit Theatre is my all time favourite.

The Noob Comic is great mmorpg humor. XD

Sinfest was just born a classic...

The Last days of Foxhound if you care for the lore of metal gear games...
Old 2007-11-23, 20:27   Link #39
Inge

very nice

This one's cool. It's updated daily:

www.totemtowncomix.blogspot.com

See ya!
Old 2007-11-25, 02:58   Link #40
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalron View Post
www.lfgcomic.com is an awesome comic loosely based offa world of warcraft. But its funny as hell "that orphanage attacked me, you all saw it"
seconded , together with atleasticouldo - comics
Closed Thread