AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-12-03, 16:10   Link #7301
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Anyway, the Hina faction won't be browbeat into submission! Not even by constant favoritism for Athena by the author :P~~~~~~
I think neither Hina-tan or Athena is Hata's favorite character. He said he preferred the more character-centered chapters, I think.
I'd guess Nagi probably is (which might speak a little for Athena, but only as a storyline character), or maybe Izumi, Miki or Ayumu (they've been given enjoyable character traits).
Athena's only been given two major arcs to focus in, and those weren't even hers, those were clearly Hayate-centric arcs.
Hinagiku is probably only the excutives favorite characters, not Hata's, you can actually tell when the execs told Hata to put her in. >.<

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 16:49   Link #7302
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Two thousand votes down, two thousand more to go! If A-tan is showing up again, maybe I can finally pick the series up once more...
Well if we get 1000 votes from the right place that's all we need And yes I think I'll be picking this manga up again too if that happens.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 20:31   Link #7303
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
the top 2 of the popularity contests, as expected...however...

HOLY CRAP HAYATE MOVIE ANNOUNCED!!

Studio: Manglobe (world god only knows)

I wonder though...what will they be adapting? End of the World? I wouldnt mind...or maybe they'll just go ahead and do the whole Golden Week?
I'd prefer them to animate the EotW arc first before the Greek Arc. Hayate and Athena's story in the EotW arc was the reason that makes their re-encounter so exciting to see. The Greece Arc focuses on solving their misunderstanding, Athena's problem with Midas, and clarifying their feelings, so I think their background story is needed to give insights in those area.

And, it would help justified why Hayate said he loves Athena to the anime-only fans. That's important, right?
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 22:21   Link #7304
Used Can

I also agree on the EoTW arc as a movie, since it's the pillar of the current storyline. But, at the same time, that'd probably be too serious for a HnG movie, and only Athena and Hayate would show up - with one or two additional characters like Maria and Izumi.

All the same, I can also see an original plot for the movie.
Old 2010-12-04, 01:26   Link #7305
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I also agree on the EoTW arc as a movie, since it's the pillar of the current storyline. But, at the same time, that'd probably be too serious for a HnG movie, and only Athena and Hayate would show up - with one or two additional characters like Maria and Izumi.

All the same, I can also see an original plot for the movie.
The problem with animating anything of decent length and quality would require them to have also announced another season, as there's almost something else required for the storyline to make sense for those fans who have only watched the anime seasons, and we still haven't heard one word about season 3.

I do agree with it being Athena-centric, but I don't think it'll be something canon. Maybe it'll have something to do with the live action show that they're planning as well?

... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Old 2010-12-04, 01:51   Link #7306
Used Can

An issue with animating the EoTW arc is that the build-up to it wasn't in season 2, other than Hayate mentioning A-tan for the first time. However, Hayate did remember her in other occasions, Izumi's arc being the most important build-up, when Hayate broke into tears after remembering Athena.

There's also the fact that, as I've already mentioned, that it'd basically revolve around Hayate ad Athena. So, fans of other characters wouldn't be able to see the characters they like the most. Not to mention that there was barely any comedy in this arc. Therefore, people who may be in for some laughs due to parodies and randomness - which is what HnG is known for - won't be able to get any of that.

I also don't think the EoTW arc is long enough to make a movie, unless they come up with new scenes.

I'm sure the movie will be an original story.
Old 2010-12-04, 02:22   Link #7307
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
An issue with animating the EoTW arc is that the build-up to it wasn't in season 2, other than Hayate mentioning A-tan for the first time. However, Hayate did remember her in other occasions, Izumi's arc being the most important build-up, when Hayate broke into tears after remembering Athena.

There's also the fact that, as I've already mentioned, that it'd basically revolve around Hayate ad Athena. So, fans of other characters wouldn't be able to see the characters they like the most. Not to mention that there was barely any comedy in this arc. Therefore, people who may be in for some laughs due to parodies and randomness - which is what HnG is known for - won't be able to get any of that.

I also don't think the EoTW arc is long enough to make a movie, unless they come up with new scenes.

First, the length. If they were to do EoTW, they could easily add enough to make a decent season (12 episodes) with it, given that lots was implied, but not clearly qualified where it was in the story, the 'teaching' that a guy had to be able to financially support his girlfriend isn't given a context (it was told to us in the second season flashbacks, but happened sometime during the arc). A movie length arc could do to clear up when those lessons were taught for instance.

The story could be easily framed with all the other characters present, something like the episode 0 event going on to get comments from all the characters while the story was going on, covers both the humor aspect and includes many of the characters... Except for the fact that we aren't entirely sure which of the characters actually know about it. Maybe only Athena and Hayate know the story, so Hayate relating it in a party atmosphere wouldn't fit, and somewhat defeats the mood of the entire arc. The EoTW and Athens arcs are serious arcs.

Though... they could try doing the start of the 2nd year and the hiking trip associated with that as a movie, since the lead-up to that was already implied and it hasn't really had an effect on the overall plot. Possibly allowing them to start a 3rd season with the EoTW arc.

I still think that the movie will be composed of movie/anime continuity only events.

Old 2010-12-04, 06:43   Link #7308
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:

I don't really think that the build up being missing is such a big deal really, I mean did anyone see the Tsubasa Chronicles OVAs? There was some definite jumping around in story there so if they can do that they should be able to adapt End of the World.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 07:50   Link #7309
Used Can

I don't know about the Tsubasa Chronicles OVAs, but Athena is a completely new character. She showed up with, basically, no precedent at all, other than the build-up that had been had before, which, I believe, was rather important - especially the scenes during Sakuya's birthday and Izumi's arc.

As for the idea that the EotW arc could make a full season (12 eps one). I don't think so. The EoTW arc barely has 10 chapters - 11 if we count the final one at the end of the Greece arc. If you were to add anything else - and you'd have to add a lot, that'd be almost like a massive filler - of course, unless the whole thing is actually written by Hata. But, either way, what we've got here is a movie. Perhaps, I exaggerated a bit by saying the EoTW arc wasn't long enough to make a movie, but I think the other points still stand. I think it would feel too un-HnGish, considering the serious mood of the whole arc.
Old 2010-12-04, 10:45   Link #7310
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Though... they could try doing the start of the 2nd year and the hiking trip associated with that as a movie, since the lead-up to that was already implied and it hasn't really had an effect on the overall plot. Possibly allowing them to start a 3rd season with the EoTW arc.
Actually, I like the sound of that.
EotW ought to be saved for the end of the third season, although that'd require a good deal of filler, since there really isn't much between the end of s2 and the start of EotW, especially if the first arc is moved to the movie.... but then they could just use some of the chapters they skipped before. I want my Risa chapter and my persimmons chapter fffffff
Or more likely, they'll have EotW come in about halfway through the season. Pff.

Anyway, this should probably be saved for the movie speculation thread.

Anyway.... Just read 299. I take it that since Yozora says she's attacking Hayate because Nagi broke the gem, it's really Nagi's she's after, and Hayate's just in the way. She said something about that before, didn't she?
Also, about that shot of Athene at the end. She might be coming back to Japan, but there's also the possibility that we'll see a bit of what went on between her and Aika after everyone else left Athens. I think that'd be more interesting, really....

My Pokemans; let me show you them.

Last edited by GlassesLady; 2010-12-05 at 12:46.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 13:57   Link #7311
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
Anyway.... Just read 299. I take it that since Yozora says she's attacking Hayate because Nagi broke the gem, it's really Nagi's she's after, and Hayate's just in the way. She said something about that before, didn't she?
Also, about that shot of Athene at the end. She might be coming back to Japan, but there's also the possibility that we'll see a bit of what went on between her and Aika after everyone else left Athens. I think that'd be more interesting, really....
If Yozora is attacking because of Nagi, why would the picture have played a part in any of it though? I don't think Nagi even knows about it, Maria was suprised when she realized that Hayate had a stone, so it's possible Nagi wasn't even told about the picture. I think the picture has more to do with the opening of the RG than anything to actually do with Nagi. Maybe Yozora targeted Nagi (and wanted to take out her butler) for similar reasons to Sonia attacking her, indirectly relating to other events.

Given that the shot of Athena at the end was after Hayate was tired, I'm thinking that that shot and most of, if not all, of chapter 300 (including the character poll results) will be framed as a dream and be thrown away as filler, amusing filler, but filler none-the-less, and the story will pick up again in chapter 301.

So no Athena re-entering the storyline, yet.

Old 2010-12-05, 14:03   Link #7312
GDB

I maintain that someone needs to ask Athena
Spoiler for Ch300:

If they don't, I'll be thoroughly disappointed.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 14:12   Link #7313
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I maintain that someone needs to ask Athena
Spoiler for Ch300:

If they don't, I'll be thoroughly disappointed.
*snicker* That's another reason I think it might just be a dream.
Spoiler:

Old 2010-12-05, 21:08   Link #7314
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
If Yozora is attacking because of Nagi, why would the picture have played a part in any of it though? I don't think Nagi even knows about it, Maria was suprised when she realized that Hayate had a stone, so it's possible Nagi wasn't even told about the picture. I think the picture has more to do with the opening of the RG than anything to actually do with Nagi. Maybe Yozora targeted Nagi (and wanted to take out her butler) for similar reasons to Sonia attacking her, indirectly relating to other events.

Given that the shot of Athena at the end was after Hayate was tired, I'm thinking that that shot and most of, if not all, of chapter 300 (including the character poll results) will be framed as a dream and be thrown away as filler, amusing filler, but filler none-the-less, and the story will pick up again in chapter 301.

So no Athena re-entering the storyline, yet.
Yozora said something in the chapter like 'it's your fault, because your lady broke the King's Stone'. So apparently whatever she needs that photo for, it has something to do with the King's Stones, and Nagi having destroyed one of them is something of a problem. That's how I read it, anyway. Not really enough information to go on yet.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 22:54   Link #7315
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
*seeing color page A-Tan and what-her-name in santa outfits*
.....Like the Beauty ....and.............. the Board
sorry but I can't say "Merry somewhat" to you all, since it's forbidden to us to do even in text

*seeing next chapter spoiler page*
No matter what, A-Tan ojousama always adorable I think I know what their conversation about even without translation gyahahahhahaha

About the chibi version, I think it was one of magical effect be it Saginomiya's fault or A-Tan ojousama herself

*currently hooked to Akon-Right now (nanana) song*
It's reflect A-Tan Ojousama and Hayate feeling to reconcile after horrible accident in the past that separate the two
Damn you! Hata-Bastard! I'll kill you! you just wait for me, I'll slaughter you and all your vermin in 2015!

Last edited by surerman; 2010-12-06 at 02:23.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 22:56   Link #7316
mechdra

Loli A-tan is good for the story because Hayate is a lolicon.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 00:07   Link #7317
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
.....Like the Beauty ....and.............. the Board
I find it amusing that I read that perfectly opposite what you probably intended (given the rest of the post) and it still made perfect sense. Even further in that neither of them are significantly 'board-like' in any dimension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
Yozora said something in the chapter like 'it's your fault, because your lady broke the King's Stone'. So apparently whatever she needs that photo for, it has something to do with the King's Stones, and Nagi having destroyed one of them is something of a problem. That's how I read it, anyway. Not really enough information to go on yet.
If the King's stone really had the significance we think it does, the 'artifact' quality can't really be destroyed, probably just needs to be recaptured, which might be somewhat of an issue.
But the picture doesn't seem to have any significance to it with what we've been told.
I'm guessing that the whole picture would have told the holder who had been the original 'capture team', possibly how they had gotten cursed, but how it ties in is blank.

Last edited by Bastion_Arcion; 2010-12-06 at 18:20.
Old 2010-12-08, 05:16   Link #7318
Wigwams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
color page of chapter 300.
Spoiler for :
HQ version is here!
Spoiler for cp 300 color page:
Old 2010-12-08, 05:43   Link #7319
Used Can

Spoiler for Chapter 300 - The Return of the King (王の帰還):
Old 2010-12-08, 08:08   Link #7320
Tom Bombadil

Personally, I think Hata did a great job in this chapter. We all know that Athena is going to return, but returning in her adult form results in a lot of confrontations that extremely difficult to resolve. Will Hayate stay with Nagi or will he go back to Athena? No matter which one he choose, it will be kind a betrayal to the other. But if A-tan come back as kid, the tension is defused greatly, and we get a pleasant surprise.

On the other hand, I doubt fans can accept a harem end or no-resolution end. Hayate has to make a choice eventually. This is just postponing the decision down the road.

Tags
comedy, shounen