AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-12-20, 13:20   Link #12081
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
That was kind of a bad call to send Elfman and Lissana as a duo against a Tartaros demon, considering one of these guys alone took out the Raijinshuu easily and almost beat Laxus. I'm guessing that this might somehow result in a powerup for Elfman; something to do selling his soul and Elfman's beast soul magic maybe. I don't see them winning this fight though.
They were kind of limited in their available choices. Laxus and his team were down, Erza and Mirajane were being kept in reserve for when they found the former chairman of the Council, and once decent teams for the other former councilors were put together, the options for backing up Elfman and Lisanna consisted of:

Macao Conbolt
Romeo Conbolt
Cana Alberona
Reedus Jonah
Nab Lasaro
Alzack Connell
Bisca Connell
Vijeeter Ecor
Wakaba Mine
Warren Rocko
Max Alors
Laki Olietta

Of those, I'd say Cana, Alzack, and Bisca would be the only really good backup for Elfman and Lisanna. And they'd probably want some people in reserve anyways in case they need another team.

After that we're into purely background or non-combatant characters in the guild.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 14:40   Link #12082
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Very good chapter, the Oracion Five just had the most awesome reunion ever:

- Jailbreak (sort of)
- Kill the so-called leader
- Face flippin' Jellal!?

Looking forward to the rest of this...Elfman's in quite the pinch too. I also expect Mira to get demonized from Kyouka, what with her having a demon takeover and stuff.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 16:29   Link #12083
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
They were kind of limited in their available choices.
Yes I agree. I just thought it would've made more sense plot-wise to involve all the other guilds too after Tempesta killed so many civilians, especially since it required several guilds to take down Oracion Seis. I like how Doranbolt has developed as a character and isn't afraid to break the rules for the greater good, and I'm glad that Cobra and the others are back, but I would've expected the other guilds to join the fight before breaking out the criminals.

From a dramatic point of view it would've made more impact (though cliche) if the new Oracion showed up when everyone else was defeated. I really like how Mashima doesn't drag out his fights, but in this case I would've liked to see him let the drama play out a little bit longer so he could get more people involved. That way he could play up Tartaros' strength a bit more instead of having them lose 1v1 brawls.

Tbh it kinda irked me that Laxus alone fought Tempesta to a stalemate, and Natsu outright defeated Jackal without any help from his team at all. I suppose I wanted FT to be the underdogs for once. I hope at least Gray and Juvia will have a good 2v1 fight, hopefully against Silver, and really hopeful that we'll finally see their unison raid.

Still, I'm not disappointed in Mashima or anything. I really like the arc so far and looking forward to see how he tells the rest of the story. I'm just not getting what I personally wanted
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 23:13   Link #12084
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Yes I agree. I just thought it would've made more sense plot-wise to involve all the other guilds too after Tempesta killed so many civilians, especially since it required several guilds to take down Oracion Seis. I like how Doranbolt has developed as a character and isn't afraid to break the rules for the greater good, and I'm glad that Cobra and the others are back, but I would've expected the other guilds to join the fight before breaking out the criminals.
They mentioned last chapter that they were contacting other guilds to help guard the other former council members they turned up. Presumably most of them will be too late as well, though we may get some clashes between Tartarus and some of the stronger guilds.
Quote:
From a dramatic point of view it would've made more impact (though cliche) if the new Oracion showed up when everyone else was defeated. I really like how Mashima doesn't drag out his fights, but in this case I would've liked to see him let the drama play out a little bit longer so he could get more people involved. That way he could play up Tartaros' strength a bit more instead of having them lose 1v1 brawls.
Eh, Oracion Seis showing up out of nowhere in that case without the release having been demonstrated would strike a lot of people as a deus ex machina. This way we know that they're out and about, capable of intervening.
Quote:
Tbh it kinda irked me that Laxus alone fought Tempesta to a stalemate, and Natsu outright defeated Jackal without any help from his team at all. I suppose I wanted FT to be the underdogs for once. I hope at least Gray and Juvia will have a good 2v1 fight, hopefully against Silver, and really hopeful that we'll finally see their unison raid.
Laxus stomped Tempester without getting scratched. Natsu barely defeated Jackal. The only reason that Laxus had a worse outcome was that Tempester had a better suicide move than Jackal.

On a different note, I'm guessing that the translator for MS didn't actually google Chamomile. That's an actual plant, used to make tea, that can help induce sleep:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamomile

It apparently derives it's name from greek for earth apple.
Old 2013-12-26, 16:30   Link #12085
Casshern

The christmas special crossover out Kinda cute I suppose. I expected more fanservice.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 17:11   Link #12086
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The other guy probably told him not to do too much fanservice to his characters . But that big, twintail girl in Mashima's section I just love Mashima's designs, even if his women have the same body build - voluptuous.
Old 2013-12-26, 17:28   Link #12087
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Haha Diane just looks like a......eh very much more grown up Wendy

Was nice seeing the author's doing each others series in their own style, shame we don't see more of this type of thing with others.
Would love to see a Beelzebub crossover with something.
Old 2013-12-27, 02:40   Link #12088
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That was fun, I like how the art of each mangaka stands out, especially Suzuki's Happy Anyone know why Gowther wasn't included?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 10:54   Link #12089
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
That was fun, I like how the art of each mangaka stands out, especially Suzuki's Happy Anyone know why Gowther wasn't included?
Well its possible that they actually made these comics a month or so ago, That way they could have this special while still taking time off during this week. Gowther was only properly introduced less than a month ago, so he might have been too recent a character to include.
Old 2013-12-28, 07:05   Link #12090
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well the new chapter is out and its got quite a few doozy's in it.
Spoiler for 365:
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 07:12   Link #12091
II Maestro

Looks like Mira doesn't need magic to transform in a demon because she herself is a demon if Kyouka succeed in her plan to turn Mira into a demon, Looking forward to Demon Mirajane.

Natsu just raided Tartaros guild on his own FT better send reinforcement to turn it into a huge brawl.
Old 2013-12-28, 09:01   Link #12092
Avaricia
My Lord

Tits & Ass!

That's what the whole chapter is about.

Hiro Mashima should draw hentai instead of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Well the new chapter is out and its got quite a few doozy's in it.
Spoiler for 365:
Friendship Nuke

Spoiler for Forgot something:

Last edited by Avaricia; 2013-12-28 at 09:18.
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 09:20   Link #12093
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Figures Natsu would find them, not surprised either that he went straight. Wonder if he was able to let the rest of FT know the location. So now Mira might turn into a demon and we still don't know what happened to Elfman and Lisanna. Those 3 always have it tough.
Old 2013-12-28, 10:49   Link #12094
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

WELLL~ They are definitely NOT having that scene in the anime (at least the being naked part)... >.>

Natsu... why so smart? And it's official - Dragon's nose beats Dog's. Still, now that Erza is bleeding, I'm sure he'll find her even faster.

Jellal... why so badass NOW and not BEFORE? I know he's fighting them as a way to get them used to using their magic again but ... I just can't take him seriously... *snickers*
Old 2013-12-28, 11:08   Link #12095
CamDaDarkWizard

Did Hiro watch Berserk.. This was painful to watch...

9/10... Erza getting tortured was really dark.. Hiro proving nudity can be taken seriously and not only for fan service

Jellal holding his own without magic.

Hopefully Natsu gets fodderized by someone(Silver) and tossed out
CamDaDarkWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 11:14   Link #12096
MAX_COLA_POWER!

There'd be no point to FT Hentai drawn by Hiro Avaricia, though if he ever decides to get it animated he'd have the voice cast down, FT girls have no nipples.
Old 2013-12-28, 11:41   Link #12097
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
And it's official - Dragon's nose beats Dog's. Still, now that Erza is bleeding, I'm sure he'll find her even faster.
That's been know for quite a while. Dragonslayers continually just casually track and locate people by scent, even when they've been put in a carriage or something for transport. Or do stuff like locate them by the scent of gunpowder from just a shot or two. You won't get that with dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDaDarkWizard View Post
Did Hiro watch Berserk.. This was painful to watch...
Berserk is apparently one of his favorite series.
Old 2013-12-28, 13:03   Link #12098
hamazura
whatever

holy shit erza bdsm, fucking love it
Old 2013-12-28, 13:13   Link #12099
Meltyred

Midnight is a pretty swell fella, he actually respected Richard's stance on not fighting.
And all he wants is his freedom, eh that's nothing bad.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 13:14   Link #12100
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
There'd be no point to FT Hentai drawn by Hiro Avaricia, though if he ever decides to get it animated he'd have the voice cast down, FT girls have no nipples.
TOSH! Where the hell is TOSH when you need him
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen