AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2018-04-19, 18:06   Link #5641
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

His Birthname was only recently revealed in the Unital Ring prologue, where Kazuto muses about how things would have turned out, and he wondered if he would have actually used "Naruto" as his username.

Yeah, I'm sure the author notices.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 18:15   Link #5642
cyberdemon

Haven't seen anything yet on Unital Ring so I didn't know that lol
Old 2018-04-27, 17:33   Link #5643
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Has anyone, perchance, ever asked Kawahara-sensei why did he stick Kirito & Asuna together in Progressive since Floor001?

EDIT: As a follow-up, it came to me that, when the Knights of Blood got formed, Asuna may have been scouted right away, tried to bring Kirito in with her but he refused. That, along with the duties of the KoB, could have strained their dynamic for a while, and during that time the events with the Black Cats, Lisbeth and Silica, among others.
I'm saying all of this because I don't honestly believe Kawahara-sensei is gonna write Progressive Floor by Floor, there was 75 of them.

I think that situation is seems right, Asuna is a front line player just like him though Progressive is different in many aspects (such as kirito being a talkative asshole despite being a antisocial) & much more focus on them than clearing the floors.

Sooooo it just seems right that Asuna is with him on the lower floors since she basically knew no one other than him and the main LN skip those part A LOT.
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 18:09   Link #5644
RDNexus

I forgot to mention here that one person I talked to on Discord told me to check Progressive v01 Afterword.

It pretty much (kinda) confirmed that:
1. Kawahara, not wanting to have some other girl alongside Kirito at the start, decided to make a small retcon and keep Asuna from the beginning;
2. Asuna & Kirito will really end up going separate ways and reunite majorly for boss raids, until their definite reunion almost at the end.

So, in a sense, at some (potentially close) point, the author could portray their going separate ways, maybe add an extra story or two, and then pick up the last floors, so as to wrap Progressive nicely
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 13:19   Link #5645
Kazu-kun

It depends. If it's popular (don't know how much it sells) Kawahara might just decide to keep them together longer and make the novel be and AU altogether. It already feels like it's AU to be fair, considering how closer Kirito and Asuna are in comparison to the ones in the main novel.
Old 2018-04-28, 13:43   Link #5646
RDNexus

Well, that retcon sure changed their dynamic, despite the Anime portraying her as already liking Kirito by the time of Lisbeth's mini-arc, "Warmth of the Heart".
One could even say SAO v01, due to the author having had to skip tons of stuff to have the Aincrad Arc in one single book, didn't clearly show Kirito & Asuna's dynamic, so it seems to me that SAO:P isn't causing such a great divergence to the point of needing to be treated as an AU.

Last edited by RDNexus; 2018-04-28 at 13:59.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 00:01   Link #5647
l.kostas

https://twitter.com/sao_wikia/status/993509457761067010
Progressive light novel volume 6 preview has been released on Dengeki's site.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 10:55   Link #5648
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

Progressive 6
https://imgur.com/a/3mnvZKS
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-10, 06:30   Link #5649
l.kostas

Progressive volume 5 by Yen Press on November 13.
Official description:
After successfully untangling themselves from a dangerous encounter with the Black Poncho Man and clearing the fifth floor of Aincrad, Kirito and Asuna head to the next challenge, an area filled with...puzzles?
What's more, because of the precarious balance of power between two large guilds aiming for the same item, "The Flag of Valor", there's also a murderous PK group to be wary of.
As the problems seem to pile up, Kirito and Asuna face the sixth floor of Aincrad completely unaware of the malicious trap awaiting them!!
Old 2018-05-13, 23:54   Link #5650
l.kostas

http://dreadfuldecoding.blogspot.com...l1-kirito.html
Reki Kawahara Interview: About Kirito
Kawahara's interviews for the SAO character books that were released with the Dengeki Bunko MAGAZINE throughout 2017.

——Now then, let's mix things up a bit with the last question…… What would be the one thing you'd say to Kirito right now?

Kawahara: Hmm…… Well, something like 'You should give a clear, conclusive response regarding your female relationships', I guess (laughs).

——Last of all…… Kawahara-san, since you are going to write more about Kirito in the future, do you have any ideas for what you want to write about Kirito?

Kawahara: Regarding the new series of the novel, I believe the importance of the real world part will increase from now on. And, while there have been many girls coming up in the series so far, none of the girls aside from Asuna could fight on the same level as Asuna herself. And that's when Alice, a person brimming with eagerness to fight, came along.

——T-the waifu war is finally breaking out!?

Kawahara: (Laughs). Thus, I would like to write about Kirito's troubles of being dragged into such a battle.
Old 2018-05-14, 00:12   Link #5651
Kazu-kun

Nice to see him admits Alice has a chance and Kirito is undecided about his relationships.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-05-23 at 20:18.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 13:16   Link #5652
burst1000

He never admit that Alice has a chance (it also implied in the volume 18 that he never has attention for girls in UW....yah including Alice), he just would like to write it and Kirito has already decided to be together with Asuna only, he just hasn't given a clear answer to them cause he is a kind person, but as for Kawahara said, that's means it will happen soon XD (can't wait for the scene, he reject Alice's confession...but in the Unital Ring prologue, he call Alice as A....suna, wow that is a really bad moment for Alice)
burst1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 22:20   Link #5653
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by burst1000 View Post
He never admit that Alice has a chance
I think the point is that he never denies it.
Old 2018-05-20, 00:26   Link #5654
l.kostas

https://twitter.com/sao_wikia/status/997887684067713024
Kawahara says that the next SAO book will be for the new arc of the main series, rather than Progressive.

https://twitter.com/sao_wikia/status/997888792806772737
Kawahara promises to finish the 7th Floor story in Progressive in just 1 volume this time.
Old 2018-05-23, 20:18   Link #5655
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Yeah. I bet Kawahara will go for the threesome ending.
Old 2018-07-21, 03:48   Link #5656
burst1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
My points were what Kirito said in LN/anime (which it's very clear that girl he decides to be together is only Asuna), Kawahara stated on his twitter for many times(especially their true love and wedding) and even in the game universe, which isn't canon, Kirito said that Asuna will be his only wife. I think those things deny it by need not to have Kawahara's words

As for Asuna character book

Asuna's future……?

——Well then, lastly, if I could ask what will happen with Asuna in the novel story in the future……!

Kawahara: I'd like to write something with her as a realistic girl.

——Does that mean we'll also get to see that slight mischievousness that we talked about earlier……?

Kawahara: Yes. I mentioned this in Kirito's character book, but Alice took the stage as a strong rival, thus Asuna is bound to need a little more effort as a girl hereafter……!

It seems like Kawahara already prepared to the final stage to make Kirito and Asuna more perfect as a couple and get the True Love which it's the of SAO
burst1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 05:10   Link #5657
zero7090

In what volume did Kirito fight Alice the first time (the scene after his meeting the loli admin in the library)?

I stopped there 4-5 years ago to wait for the whole arc to finish but now with the new anime i want to catch up with it.

Last edited by zero7090; 2018-08-10 at 05:28.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 07:12   Link #5658
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Volume 12.
Old 2018-08-28, 23:20   Link #5659
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by burst1000 View Post
Kawahara: Yes. I mentioned this in Kirito's character book, but Alice took the stage as a strong rival, thus Asuna is bound to need a little more effort as a girl hereafter……!

It seems like Kawahara already prepared to the final stage to make Kirito and Asuna more perfect as a couple and get the True Love which it's the of SAO
To me that sounds like there's gonna be more love triangle shenanigans rather than true love or whatever. Alice is a true rival for Asuna. It's not confirmed that Kirito will pick Asuna. I bet the ending will be open or threesome ending.
Old 2018-09-01, 05:31   Link #5660
Ulin

I really hope this is just some teasing since Asuna has always been the MC and she is the favourite among fans
The moment this try to go for an open ending or worse, "harem" ending after all the things in the first volumes... I don't know
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality