AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2006-01-20, 11:33   Link #21
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irinicus
I just want to say that I cried my eyes out because of the ending of chrno crusade, I started watching that serie thinking that it would be an happy ending to it, I didnīt think it was tragic for real until the end.
God I was surprised, or rather chocked, I fell really depressed now, I finished watching it for about 10 minutes ago.

I hope I will forget it after I have gone to sleep......

Did anyone else but me cry over the serie? or am I just a crybaby? Perhaps Im over sensitive.......For a guy at least......
NO WAY guy! I sobbed like a baby and was depressed for at least a week!
( I'm a pretty sensitive girl though... )

For some freaky reason, I dreamed that I watched it again! Only it was slightly different. But they still died! WHY GOD, WHY!??

*runs away, sobbing dramatically, with her tears glittering all anime-style-like* XD
Old 2006-01-23, 10:46   Link #22
Irinicus

Hehe it´s nice to hear that someone felt the same about it
I was really depressed for a couple of days then I decided to forget about it and that it was all stupid.....
I still get sad though when I think about enought

Perhaps you have to be oversensitive to cry over a anime, I never cry normally.....
Irinicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 23:14   Link #23
Solecs

wow, I just finished the this series the other night, and the ending is the sad ever . I'm looking into reading the manga now though, I hear the ending is different and there are other things that they changed in the anime. But seriously, I don't know if I like the ending or not, while it would have been nice to have a happy ending, the sadness at the end seems like it added something as well, I don't know .
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 18:50   Link #24
Sephiroth1550

Let me just say that this was one of the sadest endings that i have ever seen. I don't cry at the end of movies very often, but this one forced out a tear or two. As for is the ending a good one? Yeah, I say it is very good in that at least they were together in the end. That's what really counts!

And as for the depressed thing. Yeah, I'm at work and I just want to go home and find something else to think about!
Sephiroth1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 14:22   Link #25
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Well i read reviews before watching this anime, and how all these people say that the ending is so depressing. Seeing that i took the perfect guess for the show, and guess what i was right.

Spoiler:

Still the show was awsome, the characters were great. Im still happy that no anime has been able to make me cry yet.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 18:02   Link #26
4hikaru

I agree it's a very sad ending, But I have to say that after hearing what would happen everytime the charm was opened and knowing this is a japanesse show i pretty much knew what the ending would be but it was still very well done as far as pulling the heart strings. But I also have a problem and hope it's not in the Manga version which I intend to read.

at the end, After 25 episode of trying to find her brother. after going through everything. Rosette goes away with Chrno and simply dies, she gave up

From what I saw she made no attempt to reach her brother. Chrno knew he was alive. But she sat there on that pourch when now of all times her brother needed her, maybe she could have done something to help who know.

It's jsut so frustrating to watch a show like this and in the end, she gave up on Joshua and herself.

If someone see's it different please explain your POV cause I jsut do see it another other way.
4hikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 19:37   Link #27
android49
Anime Heroin(es) addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
NO WAY guy! I sobbed like a baby and was depressed for at least a week!
( I'm a pretty sensitive girl though... )

For some freaky reason, I dreamed that I watched it again! Only it was slightly different. But they still died! WHY GOD, WHY!??

*runs away, sobbing dramatically, with her tears glittering all anime-style-like* XD
Same here, I cried at the end of it and I'M A GUY!
android49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 07:29   Link #28
Aru
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hikaru
I agree it's a very sad ending, But I have to say that after hearing what would happen everytime the charm was opened and knowing this is a japanesse show i pretty much knew what the ending would be but it was still very well done as far as pulling the heart strings. But I also have a problem and hope it's not in the Manga version which I intend to read.

at the end, After 25 episode of trying to find her brother. after going through everything. Rosette goes away with Chrno and simply dies, she gave up

From what I saw she made no attempt to reach her brother. Chrno knew he was alive. But she sat there on that pourch when now of all times her brother needed her, maybe she could have done something to help who know.

It's jsut so frustrating to watch a show like this and in the end, she gave up on Joshua and herself.

If someone see's it different please explain your POV cause I jsut do see it another other way.

She was dying; she knew she was dying. And he doesn't remember anything. Nothing much would have came out of her visiting him or so

Also I don't think much effort would be necessary to find her brother, ex-Minister? Remington (spell check please I think of food when I hear his name) was taking care of him.

And yeh, I also thought the ending was predictable because... she does remind us throughout the series that she was using her life to power up Chrno.

But it was still a sad ending and I really liked this series. ;(
Aru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 08:18   Link #29
chrno9999

About the ending (MAJOR SPOILER)

hi... new here

I don't know how to mark spoilers, so I put it on the title... once again

SPOILER

Here's my message's contents:

I just finished watching this Chrno Crusade series... and I feel terrible now about how the ending goes. I need some enlightments from members here, as I even can't sleep . Here's what made me REALLY sad
  • Rosette's death, she is very cheerful and strong from the beginning, and also very funny. In the end, she looked really weak, afraid, and gloomy. I cannot face her death
  • Crno's death... why there's nothing he can do to make the ending better
  • Joshua, which lost memory, is terrible. Rossette wasted her life making a contract to save Joshua, while in the end of the day, she even cannot reunite with Joshua, even for a bit of time. This is very tragic
  • The Photograph IS REALLY TOUCHING!!! Damn! It's like they were really having fun at the carnival, dancing, taking photos, etc... but suddenly everything is taken away by Aion, Rossette brainwashed, and that's simply the last time they are united (the 4 of them). This photograph thing made me really sad, even Rossette didnt have a chance to see it . It's terribe if I think how she's still very normal while the photograph is taken, then a few moments later, she's gone
  • Remington's BAAAaaaad fortune
  • Even Stella is death too, and she also failed to reunite with her sister
  • Azmaria, which is left alone, only with tha photograph of all her dead friends... I prefer to be dead to if I was her. Tragic
  • Why everyone ended up failing??? (Rosette failed to reunite with Joshua, Stella failed with Florette, Crono cannot keep Rosette alive...)

OMG!!! I'm soooooooooooooo saaaaaaaaaad... this is the 2nd day after I finished last episode, and still feel like to cry anytime.
chrno9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 08:26   Link #30
chrno9999

another strange feeling I have:
-I liked the OP song, but if I listen to it... I'ts like its a song about failure, since everyone lost and failed in the ending, so all the struggle seemed pointless, it's like there was never a story at all

-I liked to put up rosette and chrno as desktop wallpaper, phone wallpaper, etc... BUT they're dead now... and it's kinda weird for me to put them up. They're dead.

weird me eh, just need thoughts and hope by talking here I can get relieved a bit. Right now its like a tennis ball is choked on my throat
Old 2006-03-27, 09:20   Link #31
chrno9999

oh and Rosette died at 16 is simply TRAGIC

while Aion the sucker is still alive while all the good guys which fight with all they had, everything they believe in, and tremendous faith.....died
Old 2006-04-19, 14:03   Link #32
4hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno9999
hi... new here
[*]Joshua, which lost memory, is terrible. Rossette wasted her life making a contract to save Joshua, while in the end of the day, she even cannot reunite with Joshua, even for a bit of time. This is very tragic[/LIST]
I almost agree there except Rossette had the chance to reunite with Joshua but in the end choose not to, she instead took off with Chrno to go and die, in the end Rossette forgot everything she was fighting for, she gave up on her bother. she lived atleast 6month more and never once attempted to contact Joshua. that's the truely sad part of the whole thing, the one person she loved more than anything was the one she abandoned in the end.

anyways that's my take on that one part.
Old 2006-04-19, 14:16   Link #33
4hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aru
She was dying; she knew she was dying. And he doesn't remember anything. Nothing much would have came out of her visiting him or so

Also I don't think much effort would be necessary to find her brother, ex-Minister? Remington (spell check please I think of food when I hear his name) was taking care of him.

And yeh, I also thought the ending was predictable because... she does remind us throughout the series that she was using her life to power up Chrno.

But it was still a sad ending and I really liked this series. ;(
She knew she was dying since making the contract from Chrno. what didn't happen was her keep her promise to Joshua. She ulimately gave up on him and what life she had left. The fact as you state that it wouldn't have taken much effort to me jsut says even more that she gave up on Joshua.
Old 2006-04-25, 02:59   Link #34
goosfraba

we can do nothing but see the times go by in the path which God has chosen=LAME

I've been looking around for good anime to watch and then I heard about Chrno Crusade. Before watching it I wanted to research about it first to know if I would be disappointed...and i am. (spoilers below)

Having almost all of the characters dying at the end, especially Rosette and Chrno just doesn't cut it for me. This bittersweet ending is just too sad for me to handle.
The whole idea about 'we can do nothing but see the times go by in the path which God has chosen.' is crap. People should be allowed to choose their own destinies in life and how they end up should be determined by their choices, not god's will.

Whatever happened to endings that make you feel that there is good in the world, this ending makes you feel that life sucks and its not worth living.

No offence to anyone out there, just needed to get all that out of my system.
goosfraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 14:56   Link #35
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I think about after the carnival episode, the anime took a turn for the worse.
As for the ending, well, it was pretty depressing. But I guess we were kind of missing out on the point - the anime writers said they were going for a darker tone in the anime, so something tragic was expected.
Problems:
- Aion was given more influential powers in the natural order of things. The heck.
- They completely missed out on the Sinner's fight for their own freedom - wasn't explained enough
- Joshua, Remington, Aion's fates. Nuff said.
There's more, but it's probably been said already.

I'd of opted for a better message at the end, even though the deaths of the protagonists were foreshadowed since the very beginning. Something along the lines of FMA's ending (Al's last words).
" The future isn't something that only consists of myself..." - Rosette
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 02:59   Link #36
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Well I just got done watching it and it was really sad. I usually almost never cry and this one squeezed some emotions from me.

Even though I saw it coming -- I knew that Rosette was going to die from like ep. 5, I could tell what was happening -- I still felt really sad when she died. She didn't die in some glorious manner, she didnt die going out in bang, she died with Chrno on a porch looking into the dusk sobbing about not wanting it to end. That was the thing most sad about the whole thing.

It was a good ending, a sad ending, and an ending I'll remember for a long time.

Last edited by Orchunter226; 2007-02-12 at 01:59.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 15:31   Link #37
Aisu
Junior Warrior

I still cant believe it ended that way. I liked it tough. It was different, and that was the good thing. Anime series usually end happily or in a cliff hanger... and then they make the sequel and they end it with a happy ending. But yeah, I still think it sucked that she died so young.

Last edited by Aisu; 2006-05-26 at 09:29.
Aisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 10:08   Link #38
XavierCL

Send a message via MSN to XavierCL
I thought it very sad too,almost cried,but didn't,was crying in my heart I guess

so touching,the connection between Chrno n Rosette, the trust n love between them, really makes me sad,>.<
hope got a part 2 ba,anyway,I kind of felt the ending was a good one,although sad,but I think it makes people who watch it remember it(maybe for life), I'll definately remember it,how I live my life n so on, for people to remember me, haha. But of course how God looks at it mostly,whether I have a purpose to really live,^^

n vincentalexander,I read everything,dun worry,haha
Wat you were refering to was tat, Aion described himself as God, while refering God to be his shadow n not allowing him to do as he likes.

I also felt the photo part was so touching n sad, tat was the moment they were all happy together n it all ended there. And about Chrno's n Rosette's feelings for each other.

The Bible(no flaming,it's really written in there, just abit of religious talks here if u all don't mind),^^

During those times( End Times/End of the World), people will rise up n do miracles n claim they are God(Jesus), and The Anti-Christ will have all the power in the world(Finance/military), of course I doubt in this case Aion was Satan(Anti-Christ).

So it's as it's said,all these had to happen so tat the prophecy had to happen,I believe tat is the prophecy they were talking about at the ending.So maybe he was not meant to die to fullfil it,^^

think they missed out on how he got into Aion's hand(Joshua), n how he was stopped during the first time when he froze everyone's time(or did I miss tat out?XD), n why can the Jewel Summoner not get affected by his freeze?(something special about their jewelry?)
XavierCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 03:02   Link #39
Bob from Walmart

OMFG, i knew it was gonna have a sad ending after i found out the source of Chrono's powers but it was such a happy and fun anime at the start where i eventually got to like the characters so much i thought it would be obsurd to actually doing what i thought they would do.

Its like running over a cute fluffy wabit. WTF omg just what i need another freaking sad ending anime, i purposely watched this anime to cheer myself up after watching Elfen Lied, lmao i think im gonna be depressed for a long time now unless they some how magically come back and Rosette and Chrono can continue their demon hunting career and love each other.

sigh.... i think im gonna cry i just finished the last episode expecting like some awesome comeback where its happy to arrive, i waited and waited!!! even after the credits damnit!!!!!!! wheres my happy ending!!! it cant end like this
Bob from Walmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 17:17   Link #40
mauler

WHO NEEDS REASSURANCE?! (spoilers)

in the end it is very sad but! just for those who r confused or sad b cause u think chrono goes to hell and rosette heaven THATS WRONG!:

1 - chrono has the soul of mary magdalene in him + all the heroic acts the had done durin the series to protect heaven its quite obvious he was gonna go to heaven (with rosette) + he doesnt turn to dust that show he has a soul (of magdalene and its was a good soul!)

2 - chrono and rosette share a grave

3 - you dont see aion in the end you see the hatred in people which means as long as people have hatred aion will forever live on in there hatred (eventhough chrono does kill him)

hope this clears a few thing up for those peeps who r feelin sad about the endin (i know i was )
mauler is offline   Reply With Quote