AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2009-02-21, 00:21   Link #661
evilr00t
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Hm. I want to update my SEEN.txt with that, but isn't doing so supposed to break your saves or something? I don't want to lose my progress up to now, or all the special saves I made for my favorite scenes in the game...
Basically, the SAVE999, READ, and REALLIVE saves don't need to be reset, I think, ever.

save___.sav files are, however, full of bad news. They contain gamestate data.

On Full Voice, saves are incompatible between the Original Japanese SEEN, and the translated SEEN files (tested personally). In fact, even between translated SEEN files, the saves might not really work because the 20081220 SEEN file doesn't handle names correctly, causing all sorts of problems like the "Empty string, upload a ticket" and blank names.

As I don't have Clannad+Voice patch, I can't say anything about the Original Japanese SEEN, the First Unofficial Patch, the After Story patch, the mduo13 patch, or the 20081207 patch, but I would suspect the 20081207 patch won't work at all because it uses rlBabel to display text.

Basically, you should be prepared to lose your old saves (they'll freeze the RealLive interpreter upon load) when upgrading to a new SEEN. But it doesn't hurt to try and see, just back up your saves. Me? I just keep multiple copies of CLANNAD with different SEEN files in a big dev folder, and use symbolic links to not waste disk space.
evilr00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 00:55   Link #662
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

My old saves carried over fine. The ones saved on decisions were a little odd (first choice blank, the others shifted down one), but that's all.

On an unrelated note, switching from Arial to Tahoma. Maybe that'll look nicer.
Old 2009-02-21, 04:21   Link #663
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilr00t View Post
if you've got a rlBabel SEEN file+GAMEEXE.ini modification+rlBabel.dll, it should work... are you using the latest rlBabel?
If it's the one on the SVN webpage then yes, I am.

Why it isn't working, I don't know.

Okay, I replaced my new, translated SEEN file with my old, untranslated one, and lo and behold it works.

What is going on here?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 05:52   Link #664
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
If it's the one on the SVN webpage then yes, I am.

Why it isn't working, I don't know.

Okay, I replaced my new, translated SEEN file with my old, untranslated one, and lo and behold it works.

What is going on here?
Same with me. Apparently the new SEEN works only on specific versions. It doesn't work with my voice patched one. It probably only works with the official full voice version.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 06:08   Link #665
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'm using the Full Voice version.

Everything seems to be in place, but I still get "Error" instead of any actual text.
Old 2009-02-21, 09:46   Link #666
boku

Quote:
r27 is released. Fixes the voice bug mentioned here, along with a couple of other fixes.
Hayai! I don't expected to see this problem solved in this month. You really surprised me
Great job!
boku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 13:34   Link #667
evilr00t
*Fansubber

r27 is my branch and I only have FV so I can't exactly test it/release a +VP version. I'll eventually merge the KE changes into the +VP version but I can't guarantee that it works correctly.

Kaisos Erranon: use the files from the snapshot from 20Dec2008, not the "reallivefiles.rar" (which is for +VP)
Old 2009-02-21, 15:54   Link #668
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seigi View Post
By the way...
Is the translation supposed to be finished?
I actually play the game in japanese, and check the translation from time to time when I don't get the meaning of some kanji, but I sometime see mistakes.
So I just wanted to know, if I give my opinion about those mistakes on the wikipage, would it still be useful?
We're aiming for quality so all opinions will be appreciated, as long as it's helpful and useful

Anyway, if you're sure the line is mistranslated (has a completely different meaning, a missing message, etc.), don't hesitate to correct it. Although, put the previous translation in a comment (//) if you're not sure about your correction as well. Someone will erase all the wrong previous translation that's in the comment when passing on a translation check+clean-up, maybe?

If you're sure with your corrections, then don't hesitate to transcheck+clean-up as well. If you can't think of a better translation for the line, you can try and translate it and then, add a comment about the general idea of the line. An editor will make a better wording of the line, maybe?

If you're sure the current TL is wrong but you're not sure with the correction that you will make, then try and translate it and just add "*" at the end of the line. Someone better at transchecking will correct it, maybe?

If you can gather some good translator to help with the project, then "HURRAY!", maybe?

Okay, you can ignore me now, maybe?
dgreater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 16:07   Link #669
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
r27 is my branch and I only have FV so I can't exactly test it/release a +VP version. I'll eventually merge the KE changes into the +VP version but I can't guarantee that it works correctly.

Kaisos Erranon: use the files from the snapshot from 20Dec2008, not the "reallivefiles.rar" (which is for +VP)
Same problem still. "Error: Unable to format text"

For that matter, when I try applying the new SEEN.txt for the original clannad to my original version of Clannad, all I get is a text box with "!" inside.

I can guess the reason, but...

Last edited by Tyabann; 2009-02-21 at 16:19.
Old 2009-02-21, 16:47   Link #670
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreater1 View Post
We're aiming for quality so all opinions will be appreciated, as long as it's helpful and useful

Anyway, if you're sure the line is mistranslated (has a completely different meaning, a missing message, etc.), don't hesitate to correct it. Although, put the previous translation in a comment (//) if you're not sure about your correction as well. Someone will erase all the wrong previous translation that's in the comment when passing on a translation check+clean-up, maybe?

If you're sure with your corrections, then don't hesitate to transcheck+clean-up as well. If you can't think of a better translation for the line, you can try and translate it and then, add a comment about the general idea of the line. An editor will make a better wording of the line, maybe?

If you're sure the current TL is wrong but you're not sure with the correction that you will make, then try and translate it and just add "*" at the end of the line. Someone better at transchecking will correct it, maybe?

If you can gather some good translator to help with the project, then "HURRAY!", maybe?

So, let me see if I got this straight: Every now and then, I come across some lines which, while not really being "wrong", so to speak, sounds somewhat awkward, and might benefit from not being quite as literal as they currently are. If I want to submit a suggestion for that, should I do it like this:
Spoiler for Using an actual example of what I'd like changed here, so I'm tagging it:

or did I just misunderstand everything you just said?
Old 2009-02-21, 17:10   Link #671
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
So, let me see if I got this straight: Every now and then, I come across some lines which, while not really being "wrong", so to speak, sounds somewhat awkward, and might benefit from not being quite as literal as they currently are. If I want to submit a suggestion for that, should I do it like this:
Spoiler for Using an actual example of what I'd like changed here, so I'm tagging it:

or did I just misunderstand everything you just said?
Yup, you should do it like that, but anyway, both are actually correct in their own ways. Although, the closest literal I can think of is

Spoiler for :

If you get the idea and can make a better line without losing the exact meaning of the sentence, then everything should be fine, maybe?
dgreater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 17:16   Link #672
screwdriver

Quote:
Same problem still. "Error: Unable to format text"

For that matter, when I try applying the new SEEN.txt for the original clannad to my original version of Clannad, all I get is a text box with "!" inside.

I can guess the reason, but...
ok i had this problem i Dual Booted Both Xp and Vista and i installed ClannadFV on xp and tried to play it on Vista but it would give me that error

Unable to Format Text And

Error:

But it works Fine on my Xp

Last edited by screwdriver; 2009-02-21 at 17:52.
screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 17:36   Link #673
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I have XP and it's not working here...
Old 2009-02-21, 21:02   Link #674
aystee18
Fuko Adept

Quote:
I have XP and it's not working here...
did u try installing the east-asian language pack? (i suggest having windows xp sp3 so u dont need the cd anymore to install it) go to control panel>Regional and Language Options>Languages tab>check "Install East-Asian Language Pack"

restart and see if it works... if not then tell me
aystee18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 21:21   Link #675
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Non-UNICODE is set to Japanese, yeah. I couldn't even start the game up if that we're the case.

There's some problem with the interaction between my SEEN.TXT file and REALLIVE.EXE, as when I use the original Japanese SEEN there's no problem whatsoever.

It's odd.

On another note, would it be possible for someone to, say, translate the menus/onscreen text for the original Clannad? That'd be, like, awesome.
Old 2009-02-21, 21:31   Link #676
Otus

Quote:
Non-UNICODE is set to Japanese, yeah. I couldn't even start the game up if that we're the case.
Not sure if it's because I'm using Vista rather than XP, but for me, the game(Full Voice) starts without problems even when I forget to switch the language. Only problem is that the text is unreadable that way of course. Also, did you try launching the game before applying any translation stuff?
Otus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 21:44   Link #677
aystee18
Fuko Adept

Quote:

There's some problem with the interaction between my SEEN.TXT file and REALLIVE.EXE, as when I use the original Japanese SEEN there's no problem whatsoever.

It's odd.

On another note, would it be possible for someone to, say, translate the menus/onscreen text for the original Clannad? That'd be, like, awesome.
idk if u have to set your non-unicode to japanese since i put mine on english. i was just saying that u need to install the east-asian language pack under the languages tab. i assume that you already installed those files and your game still says "cannot translate" or whatsoever. If thats the case, i dont know what to do since i had the same problem and all i did was install the language packs.

I think velocity7 is working on a translated menu/a better GUI. Im pretty sure they have the original version of the game considering they started translating with it so you just have to keep crossing your fingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Hm. I want to update my SEEN.txt with that, but isn't doing so supposed to break your saves or something? I don't want to lose my progress up to now, or all the special saves I made for my favorite scenes in the game...
thx for the info. i like the new features they added on this new seen.txt version such as the playback of voices when scrolling back through conversation history! my saves transferred just fine too
aystee18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 22:19   Link #678
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otus View Post
Not sure if it's because I'm using Vista rather than XP, but for me, the game(Full Voice) starts without problems even when I forget to switch the language. Only problem is that the text is unreadable that way of course. Also, did you try launching the game before applying any translation stuff?
Yeah, it works fine. I know it's the SEEN that's the problem. Or the way it's interacting with the game itself. It's odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aystee18 View Post
idk if u have to set your non-unicode to japanese since i put mine on english. i was just saying that u need to install the east-asian language pack under the languages tab. i assume that you already installed those files and your game still says "cannot translate" or whatsoever. If thats the case, i dont know what to do since i had the same problem and all i did was install the language packs.
"Could not format text" it says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aystee18 View Post
I think velocity7 is working on a translated menu/a better GUI. Im pretty sure they have the original version of the game considering they started translating with it so you just have to keep crossing your fingers!
I know they have a working copy of the translated menus, they just haven't released it.

I was wondering if the guy who translated the menus for Full Voice here could do it for the original game too.

I'm also curious why the SEEN.TXT for the original Clannad on the SVN website seems incompatible with my copy. When I run the game, all I get is a textbox with "!" in it.

Again, I probably know the reason why, but I'm just checking here.
Old 2009-02-21, 22:53   Link #679
evilr00t
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreater1 View Post

Question: how are we going to merge the wiki resource file changes and the SVN .UTF file changes? I've had to do some hacks in the resource files to get spacing to show up correctly...

Also, Okazaki Shio -> Shino... the After Story anime clearly uses Shino. I've changed the wiki guidelines to reflect that, but want some official confirmation.

Also seems like the KE files for +VP are in a much more advanced state than for FV. SEEN9034 has all names translated in the +VP version, will change for FV as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aystee18
thx for the info. i like the new features they added on this new seen.txt version such as the playback of voices when scrolling back through conversation history! my saves transferred just fine too
Thanks hehe, it was hard to track down. I ended up fixing a lot of things before finding out that it was due to a previous edit, where I just pasted in the part that shouldn't have been removed.
Old 2009-02-21, 23:52   Link #680
evilr00t
*Fansubber

Quote:
Yeah, it works fine. I know it's the SEEN that's the problem. Or the way it's interacting with the game itself. It's odd.

"Could not format text" it says.
REALLIVE will detect if you don't have the rlBabel.DLL file in the directory, but doesn't complain if it can't load. This is what I think is happening.

rlBabel needs the VS 2005 redist. It might not be loading if you don't have the runtimes.
Download this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

or get msvcr80.dll and msvcp80.dll into the CLANNAD directory.

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation