AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-05-04, 00:30   Link #21
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ok, the problem with this thread is that we're getting too definitional about what exactly "evil" is, so we're getting ludicrously side-tracked. How about we just simplify and say if they're aiding the good guys, they're not evil anymore, and vice-versa.

And, anyway, IIRC
Spoiler for Elfen Lied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Well you are actually right as I think Fate was one of those side changers. As for who cares, people who find it curious that they seem to be the one character "class" (shall we say) that is never really evil and always seems to have some manipulation story behind them at worst. I think the trope was called Tyke Bomb. Although Riffa comes close perhaps to being a truly evil loli character in never really progressing beyond sociopathic tendencies towards axe murdering. Though again that came across in the end as one of those stories of a child that was never taught the rules of right and wrong judging by the fact that she seemed to think it was all a game her "mother" cooked up.

And obviously you care too as you deigned to answer.
Yeah, but typically in these situations the good guys come along and "teach" them the difference between right and wrong (a process that involves "befriending" and a world of pain in the Nanoha universe). That didn't happen with Riffa. Personally, I think being sociopathic is enough to constitute "evil"... or antagonistic at the very least. If we're talking about something as simple as whose side she was on, the good guys or the bad guys, and whether she stuck with it the whole way through, then she fits the bill.

(And I still say who cares.)
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 00:36   Link #22
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

It's been mentioned Gretel of Akazukin, and the incest twins in Shana. That just reminded me of Hansel and Gretel of Black Lagoon, of which I last heard Gretel (or was it Hansel? those two were effing confusing) was still evil until her demise.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 01:50   Link #23
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Agreed with DK3 .. the twins in BL fits the description of evil till their end.

Also, if dolls counts, Bara/Kirashuisho from Rozen Maiden @.@
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 01:51   Link #24
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I also said Machi from Nagasarete Airantou, but it looks like she's not very popular around here!
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 01:53   Link #25
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

IIRC, the black lagoon twins, Hansel and Gretel (Till this day I have NO IDEA who's the brother or sister) were homicidal maniacs, not necessarily evil.

They were, according to the story, Romanian children who had the terrible misfortune of living under Romanian dictator Nicolae Ceausescu, who took harsh stances against abortion and tried to increase the labour force by forcing more births, hence abandoning many children to children's homes or camps where they lived terribly.

Apparently their story was that they had to murder and torture other to survive, as it pleased their "caretakers".

So in effect, murder and torture became their way of life, I'm not sure if that's necessarily considered "evil"

Then again, it could be argued that they were evil till the very end, as after the toppling of Ceausescu's regime, they could have gone on life as per normal and left the past behind.

And Kirasuishou, well, we didn't see much of her did we? I mean, Barasuishou was pretty evil, but Kirasuishou may not be like her, but seeing as how she's consorting with Laplace no Ma, I'd say most likely, she is evil.
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 02:21   Link #26
Ash Falls Town

I don't know if she counts as pure evil but HIME from Neuro is a girl who kills people who stop using her social networking site.
It's implied she stops killing people but that could just be because her umbrella breaks and she doesn't have a mob of people to help her.

Spoiler for Night Wizard:
Ash Falls Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 02:59   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

There were the loli cyborgs in Coyote Ragtime show, who never switched sides, and exhibited sociopathic traits. But it was more of a rival gang than actual evil...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 03:00   Link #28
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But it was more of a rival gang than actual evil...
And as competent as Team Rocket.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 03:14   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They destroyed their share of ships.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 03:25   Link #30
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

That purple haired girl from Moetan, wasn't she evil?

I only seen 4 episodes..

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 05:17   Link #31
gaguri

Check out Tabool from Now and then here and there for excellent example of an evil child. I suppose children from Kinderheim 511 in Monster (except Grimmer of course) arguably also remained 'evil' throughout the whole series, although they later grew out of their loli status. Other great examples of evil being brought out from children in Infinite Ryvius in the style of Lord of the Flies, but they all revert back to their more stable selves like in the novel so...

But I can't think of one example where a child is born naturally evil without the need of external factors turning him evil, and stay that way forever. 'The Devil in the White City' is interesting because one of the main character actually starts off evil as a child and remain evil until he
Spoiler:

One of his most beautiful and memorable quote was if IIRC, "I was born with the devil in me. I could not help the fact that I was a murderer, no more than the poet can help the inspiration to sing". Even more interesting is the fact that his character is a real person in history. Don't know how much Mr. Larson altered his character for the sake of drama though.

*edit: oops I think this thread only allows little girls, my bad.

Last edited by gaguri; 2008-05-04 at 05:41.
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 08:41   Link #32
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

.....If you want to portray a child being born villainous and makes everything seems natural, he can only have as much venom as he would have when plucking wings from a butterfly or setting ants on fire using a manifying glass under the sun.

See where the problem lies now ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 12:32   Link #33
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

"Re: Cutey Honey" had an evil loli. She killed her own comrade for failing a battle, cut a woman with a blade Sephiroth-to-Tifa style, shredding the woman's clothes in the process, and other things I haven't seen since the OVA bored me overall before I could watch all of the episodes.

What was her name, Scarlet Claw?
Old 2008-05-04, 17:11   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
That purple haired girl from Moetan, wasn't she evil?

I only seen 4 episodes..
What Sumi, no not at all.

And I guess my theory isn't so right after all....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 17:12   Link #35
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Isn't Sumi just another rival magical girl, kinda like Syaoran in CCS?
Old 2008-05-04, 17:22   Link #36
gaguri

Quote:
.....If you want to portray a child being born villainous and makes everything seems natural, he can only have as much venom as he would have when plucking wings from a butterfly or setting ants on fire using a manifying glass under the sun.

See where the problem lies now ?
Not really, since plenty of venom can be found in child characters of Holmes (from the above novel) and Liebert from MONSTER (debatable, I don't think he is but for the sake of argument) who seems to be inherently 'evil' from their birth, which exceeds that of mere destruction of insects. And the magnitude of damage inflicted upon by the said venoms in my aforementioned examples are documented all too well. Only problem I see is that there's not enough of these characters. Too many stories are obsessed with this need to provide background and reason behind villain's evil to make him sympathetic (because they work when done well, see Ganktusuou and plenty of other examples). I would be fascinated to see a child version of Dr. Lecter (whose past wasn't shown in the movie) in his 'delicate' works and I think it could prove very interesting and certainly less conventional to see him as naturally evil rather than watching some dorama so they can say at the end 'so this is how Lecter became the bastard he is now'.

*I haven't read the novels of Hannibal so I wouldn't know how he developed into a nutcase but that's irrelevant
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 17:43   Link #37
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I don't think so to be honest. Every series I've seen where there has been a battle between the supposed good side and the supposed evil side, if there's a loli character involved they've either been on the hero's side, or have switched sides to be on the hero's side, or have just plain never really been evil regardless and were fulfilling some naive ideal or just playing or whatever.

Really though, has anybody ever seen a series where a loli character has been portrayed as wholly evil (with both the intent and the act of being so) and beyond redemption like the children of the damned or something?
Kaio I wouldn't think that you would forget about Abel from GaoGiaGar Final? Though I wonder if one could consider her as loli because she's not human.
Of course like few people here mentioned the twins from Black Lagoon are villain.
Old 2008-05-04, 18:22   Link #38
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
That's what we get after knowing her story. I did read the OP. I will argue that Fate never switched to the "hero's side," fighting against Nanoha until the very end. I'm starting to think that it's you guys who didn't read the OP.
Errr... have you actually watched the whole series?

Spoiler for Fate:
Old 2008-05-04, 18:46   Link #39
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha:
Old 2008-05-04, 20:21   Link #40
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for MGLN:

Anyway I prupose another cute loli Villan

Spoiler for Put your hands together for...:

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2008-05-04 at 23:25.
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loli