AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-09, 13:11   Link #281
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
and what did I just see here? =>
This festival actually exists in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Well, if she's already in the show (even if only a brief cameo in the OP), then just saying her name won't really spoil anything, I guess? Still, I understand if a mod thinks of it as a spoiler, better refrain from discussing her any further then. At least until she's properly introduced, then I'll fight you tooth and nail for her.
Did she even appear in the OP? I didn't see her.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 13:17   Link #282
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
This festival actually exists in real life.

Did she even appear in the OP? I didn't see her.
To be honest, I didn't see her either, but I think I saw someone else mentioning that they saw her...hopefully she's there somewhere though.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 13:37   Link #283
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
For me, Nynph totally stole this episode from Astrea

Also, will they follow this trend in script-writing ...
  • begin with a hook from the main plot for service
  • bulk of the episode fluff and service
  • end with plot development
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 16:08   Link #284
Metis
Combat Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
To be honest, I didn't see her either, but I think I saw someone else mentioning that they saw her...hopefully she's there somewhere though.
I can't see her anywhere in the OP, I think whoever said they saw her might have been mistaking her for Tomoko.
Metis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 17:02   Link #285
Bombo
TSF Fans

OP is great and the staff as is amazing as ever...I really love it .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 17:17   Link #286
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Hiyori is NOT in the op. I don't know where you guys are getting that idea.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-09, 17:19   Link #287
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah I watched the OP like 5 times after finishing the episode and when I saw someone mention Hiyori here i was like. "wtf?".
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 21:51   Link #288
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It would be so easy to dismiss this show as trivial, but to be this consistently funny week after week is no mean feat (just look at To Love Ru for contrast). There were a lot of huge laughs here, but I think the Hentai Matsuri complete with portable shrines and penis pops takes its place next to the migrating pantsu is the annals of legend.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 22:55   Link #289
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It would be so easy to dismiss this show as trivial, but to be this consistently funny week after week is no mean feat (just look at To Love Ru for contrast). There were a lot of huge laughs here, but I think the Hentai Matsuri complete with portable shrines and penis pops takes its place next to the migrating pantsu is the annals of legend.
Yes, pretty good indeed. The penis festival, in Japanese 豊年祭 (Hounen matsuri), really does exist
Here are some actual pics:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity...992/tagata.htm
http://www.geocities.jp/joox_tv2/matsuri/tagata.html
Old 2010-10-09, 22:57   Link #290
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
For me, Nynph totally stole this episode from Astrea

Also, will they follow this trend in script-writing ...
  • begin with a hook from the main plot for service
  • bulk of the episode fluff and service
  • end with plot development
yea thats what i DONT LIKE from this series. If they're going to do that, its not going to catch my eye. The plot itself is really interesting, i just hope they give some more light onto the plot rather than Tomoki always doing ecchi stuff and getting his ass kicked by Sohara. If things gets repetitve, it loses viewers?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 23:07   Link #291
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
If things gets repetitve, it loses viewers?
Not necessarily true. Once a pattern is established, seeing how a show can play within that pattern becomes fun in itself.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 00:56   Link #292
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Same thing with genre. Once you know it belongs to a certain genre you know that certain elements specific to that category are going to show up. Sci-fi's got spaceships. Fantasy's got magic. They keep repeating themselves but they never get old.

Sora no Otoshimono has over-the-top humor and Tomoki-ness.
Old 2010-10-10, 01:38   Link #293
Nvis
Where are the good animes

You know, if you been following the manga, it's been Plot chapter(s), then 3-5 chapters of filler/garbage/fanservice/JUDAS and then back to Plot chapter(s).

I just skim through those filler chapters so fast it's not even funny.

And the discussion at the manga thread is slow to a crawl when it's not Plot chapters.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 01:47   Link #294
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
You know, if you been following the manga, it's been Plot chapter(s), then 3-5 chapters of filler/garbage/fanservice/JUDAS and then back to Plot chapter(s).

I just skim through those filler chapters so fast it's not even funny.

And the discussion at the manga thread is slow to a crawl when it's not Plot chapters.
yea i been there every once so often just to see if the plot is moving at all.. and it seems it is moving, just slowly. Like they say..."slowly but surely"
Old 2010-10-10, 03:03   Link #295
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
If things gets repetitve, it loses viewers?
Depends.

For instance, Tozen's mangas are always just dirty jokes, but it never gets boring and he's practically made a living for 10 years+ writing those jokes.
But something like ToLoveRu lacks what Tozen have (I just call it Tozen magic), so it gets repetitive AND boring, and loses viewers (speaking for myself).

Suu's jokes and sense are just so... "brilliant" and funny, so it never gets old or boring either. Therefore, it might be "repetitive", but it won't really lose viewers. In fact, it wouldn't be the same awesome manga if he stopped writing those jokes. Therefore, it has always been a mystery to me when people call those chapters "fillers" or whatever. That is what Sora no Otoshimono is, a brilliant mixture of story and comedy. You can't take one out and still have Suu's Sora no Otoshimono.

Ah...!
Forgot, but it seems a game will be made for the DS: そらのおとしもの f Dreamy Seasons.
I'm very glad, since I have a DS, but to be honest... It won't sell much, I fear. Not that it matters that much too me.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 03:31   Link #296
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Well, the plot->service->plot, etc. structure was also prevelant in the first season, but I remember episode where service and plot were very well integrated, like the Nymph episodes. Judging this season from the first two episodes, plot and service are completely seperated, like your average service show (whenever they actually have any plot at all). What I liked in the first season were those episodes were service did not exist for the sake of it ... OK, except some scenes which were just too hilarious and tested the letter and spirit of censorship
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 11:32   Link #297
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Depends.

For instance, Tozen's mangas are always just dirty jokes, but it never gets boring and he's practically made a living for 10 years+ writing those jokes.
But something like ToLoveRu lacks what Tozen have (I just call it Tozen magic), so it gets repetitive AND boring, and loses viewers (speaking for myself).

Suu's jokes and sense are just so... "brilliant" and funny, so it never gets old or boring either. Therefore, it might be "repetitive", but it won't really lose viewers. In fact, it wouldn't be the same awesome manga if he stopped writing those jokes. Therefore, it has always been a mystery to me when people call those chapters "fillers" or whatever. That is what Sora no Otoshimono is, a brilliant mixture of story and comedy. You can't take one out and still have Suu's Sora no Otoshimono.
To me it's all about commitment. SnO just keeps throwing these jokes at you over and over, each one more outlandish and creative than the last - there's no attempt to soften things up or be something it's not. Of course if the jokes aren't funny it won't work anyway (again, see ToLoveRu) but in this case they are. The humor comes from the situations and not just the ecchi, as well as from some truly ingenious sight gags.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 20:29   Link #298
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

In order to celebrate Astraea's arrival into the series.

I present to you this..

edit: nvm

Last edited by Shikimori Kazuki; 2010-10-11 at 12:57.
Old 2010-10-10, 23:09   Link #299
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Same thing with genre. Once you know it belongs to a certain genre you know that certain elements specific to that category are going to show up. Sci-fi's got spaceships. Fantasy's got magic. They keep repeating themselves but they never get old.

Sora no Otoshimono has over-the-top humor and Tomoki-ness.
What's more, Sora no Otoshimono also has under the top humour
Old 2010-10-11, 00:32   Link #300
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

When the pron mags flip their pages to make different background pictures during the festival was pretty impressive
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen