AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-10, 23:00   Link #6341
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

Re: Kill Em All. I sure hope not. I would be hugely angry if any of the good guys get killed off for real.

And yeah, the unspoken plan guarantee is probably Negi's greatest asset at this point, especially since we know what happens when the plan is meticulously explained: it fails in the most horrible way possible.
Old 2010-12-10, 23:27   Link #6342
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Isn't telling your allies off-panel usually safe, though?

Quote:
Kill Em All...
I'm not so sure Akamatsu wants to kill his career like that. Even Kubo knows better than to troll that deeply.

"What? Negima? That manga that was energetic feel-good fun a few chapters back?... WELL, NOW EVERYONE'S DEAD! MWA HA HAH!"

"...Akamatsu-san, as your editors, we'd like to have a few serious words with you..."
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 23:47   Link #6343
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post

I'm not so sure Akamatsu wants to kill his career like that. Even Kubo knows better than to troll that deeply.

"What? Negima? That manga that was energetic feel-good fun a few chapters back?... WELL, NOW EVERYONE'S DEAD! MWA HA HAH!"

"...Akamatsu-san, as your editors, we'd like to have a few serious words with you..."
The fact that the attack went through Chachamaru's torso rather than her skull is a good indication that Ken's playing it safe as usual. Then again, if Chachamaru got killed off in such an abrupt and heartless manner, Ken and I would have words, only I'd substitute most of my vowels with blunt force trauma, and it would be a lengthy discussion.Oh damn, now I'm thinking about Chachamaru again. Staying calm!
Old 2010-12-10, 23:49   Link #6344
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
Oh damn, now I'm thinking about Chachamaru again. Staying calm!
I didn't want to do this, but... would a Monty Python reference help?
Old 2010-12-11, 01:03   Link #6345
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

Monty Python is always welcome, in my book.

Quote:
Yeah, as long as the plan doesn't get explained in detail on panel, the chances of success are raised exponentially. Which is why Ala Alba's plan to infiltrate the Gravekeeper's Palace didn't work at all.

Quote:
Ken and I would have words, only I'd substitute most of my vowels with blunt force trauma, and it would be a lengthy discussion
I'm right there with you. Same goes for Nodoka, although I'm pretty sure she's safe, given her popularity in Japan.
Old 2010-12-11, 01:56   Link #6346
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Your thoughts?
Yeah... I suggest you leave any mention of an Akira pactio until the end of the post. That way people may actually finish the post rather than giving in to the natural urge to just tune out. ^_^

But on the bright side, at least you're not the only one flogging that departed steed...
Old 2010-12-11, 02:49   Link #6347
nines
I much prefer the 2d

If she does get pactio curious as so what it could be. Most pactios seem to resolve around their personalities sooooo. Akira hmm :O
Old 2010-12-11, 05:13   Link #6348
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
So did Fate of the Earth (3rd) died but at the same time summoned 3 (4th, 5th and 6th) Fates?
Old 2010-12-11, 05:53   Link #6349
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
We're not sure at this point.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 07:14   Link #6350
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Yeah... I suggest you leave any mention of an Akira pactio until the end of the post. That way people may actually finish the post rather than giving in to the natural urge to just tune out. ^_^

But on the bright side, at least you're not the only one flogging that departed steed...
Departed? Oh, now I want to see the look on your face when you are eventually proved wrong...

Honestly, I see no good reason why it will not be played at some point. Her feelings are still there, and with the current situation they need any edge they can get. Refusing to do it for whatever reason concerning emotional issues is borderline suicidal.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 09:07   Link #6351
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
I simply must side with OverMaster on this one. Whatever emotional reason Akira has for not making a Pactio with Negi is simply dwarfed by the fact that they're completely outgunned and in need of power.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 10:02   Link #6352
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
So did Fate of the Earth (3rd) died but at the same time summoned 3 (4th, 5th and 6th) Fates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
We're not sure at this point.
That said, I seriously doubt it. The guy has been the Big Bad on some level or another for the majority of the series, no way he's dead without a final climactic duel with Negi.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 10:45   Link #6353
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

#3 is probably still around somewhere. Chachamaru even admitted that she wasn't sure if he got killed or not, which means Akamatsu is leaving the possibility of survival open.
Old 2010-12-11, 13:57   Link #6354
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
That said, I seriously doubt it. The guy has been the Big Bad on some level or another for the majority of the series, no way he's dead without a final climactic duel with Negi.
Agreed. He didn't even have any last words, he's not going anywhere yet.
Old 2010-12-12, 23:00   Link #6355
Shadow5YA

Asuna needs to wake up along with Negi. If she is main/first girl archetype in shounen, then she has to be there as Negi's emotional support. Also, her powers are similar to the Lifemaker's, so she pretty much is the only person who can stand against the Averruncus series in possession of the key until Negi wakes up.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 21:51   Link #6356
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Asuna needs to wake up along with Negi. If she is main/first girl archetype in shounen, then she has to be there as Negi's emotional support. Also, her powers are similar to the Lifemaker's, so she pretty much is the only person who can stand against the Averruncus series in possession of the key until Negi wakes up.
Hm. Well, the last time she fought Fate he just kung-fu'd her into submission, but... I have to say I wouldn't mind seeing Asuna unlock some hidden powers, take a level in badass, and stomp on Quintum, no.
Old 2010-12-13, 22:01   Link #6357
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Well the whole thing of Asuna is her main point is Magic Canceler, without Negis pactio she would basically just be like some one who can only as you said get kung'fu'd into submission. Her powers work sort of like the GMK but it seems to me like a half and half thing. Shes the door only when she has the key can the stuff get going. So maybe we can see a Nodoka come back telling Asuna how to work the key and then she gets to do work.
Old 2010-12-13, 23:59   Link #6358
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Hm. Well, the last time she fought Fate he just kung-fu'd her into submission, but... I have to say I wouldn't mind seeing Asuna unlock some hidden powers, take a level in badass, and stomp on Quintum, no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Well the whole thing of Asuna is her main point is Magic Canceler, without Negis pactio she would basically just be like some one who can only as you said get kung'fu'd into submission. Her powers work sort of like the GMK but it seems to me like a half and half thing. Shes the door only when she has the key can the stuff get going. So maybe we can see a Nodoka come back telling Asuna how to work the key and then she gets to do work.
Okay, now I'm getting some really weird thought: Asuna awakens, unlocks her full power, and remodels Mundus Magicus Nagato Yuki-style
Old 2010-12-14, 10:14   Link #6359
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Okay, now I'm getting some really weird thought: Asuna awakens, unlocks her full power, and remodels Mundus Magicus Nagato Yuki-style
It might not be so weird. Wasn't it revealed that she was the daughter of the Lifemaker a while ago? That's why her Magic Canceller powers worked the same way Tertium's key nullified all of Rakan's attacks.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 12:58   Link #6360
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I have no problems with this.

Tags
action, fantasy