Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-02-28, 18:35   Link #41
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I don't believe in an afterlife, nor do I believe in eternal life. It wouldn't be a blessing. It would be a curse.

To be immortal, to never fade away into oblivion... a person would exist, frozen, without energy or heat, in the empty space-time after the heat death of the universe.

I can't think of any hell worse than that.
if you become a Eldritch Abomination you can have fun torturing the life-forms that come after you.
Old 2011-02-28, 19:35   Link #42
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
I dunno, I've rarely thought of this. Though, I've come to these hopes...

- Basically a new life as a different person.
- A restart to your past life, kinda like New Game +?
- Life as you choose, y'know.... like if you wanted to live in a manga or TV show or game or such~

Basically, I believe in the term "Reincarnation"
I like some of these ideas. Especially the second and third one. Your life as "New Game +" could be nice if you could choose for some things to be better (and it was overall better, too).

But even with that, you'd want a final resting place, ala what people typically think of with Heaven. Maybe that is beyond "New Game +" life. If I get to go to Heaven, what I'd like it to be like is...hmm, well, I really expect that Heaven is so much better than we can imagine. I also believe there are seven levels of Heaven (found in some religions) and the better you are, the higher the level of Heaven you enter.

And it is never boring. It doesn't work that way. Boredom is just an unpleasant thing you experience in mortal life. You'll have so much joy in Heaven, and no boredom. That is what I believe, at least.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2011-02-28 at 19:47.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 19:41   Link #43
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
^ Boredom is the state where you lack motivation to do anything. Yet you know you need to do something eventually even if you don't feel like it because you won't gain the essentials in life in order to survive by not doing anything (money, food, women).

If Heaven exists, then you don't feel bored there. Time has no meaning if you are immortal and since you lack needs, you won't even notice how boring not doing anything really is.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 19:57   Link #44
Liddo-kun
is this so?

The ideal heaven for me would to live in a peaceful place similar to the heaven in the bible. I don't need a castle, an ordinary house is ok. The typical house that you would normally see in slice-of-life anime like Clannad. Upon arrival at that place I will be physically back to being 17 years old permanently. House should have a large LCD monitor where I can view anime in the "world of the living". There will also be a room to display all the memorable items (anime and non-anime) that I acquired when I was still alive. Spirits of family and friends are welcome to visit or live with me.

*might still change my mind, but for now that's what I want

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2011-03-10 at 08:02.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 20:19   Link #45
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

This video almost brought me to tears.

The real, natural, physical universe is so fucking awesome.
That was an epic video with an awesome soundtrack.

Anyway I just wanna say a few things.

1. If this thread is similar to any other ones then i apologize, I wasn't aware those other ones even existed because I have never seen them before.

2. I love the answers that were posted here, which is the only reason I made this thread is because I wanted to see how others would answer and react.
I saw some people say some kind of college deal, that would be awesome. Others said Valhalla which would be just as sweet if not sweeter or that they would like to go to the heaven as described by the bible. I liked the one where people said that the current universe that existed was good enough just as much as the other ones. All are good answers.

3. I'm glad that we can all have diverse answers here, I'm not going to say that some peoples answer are stupid because thats something only an A-hole would do, your downing on others dream and fantasy's or your disagreeing with what others personally believe in when you do that and there no need for that, it causes unnecessary fighting. So lets try not to do that k?

But anyway don't think I have ever answered this myself. So my ideal heaven or place you go when you die or whatever you want to call it is a place where everyone in the world got to go to wherever they wanted to go when whether they are dead or not. I think that by itself would be good enough for me knowing that everyone is happy that it wouldn't matter where I ended up, whether it was bible heaven or pure nothingness.
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 20:25   Link #46
LonelyGirl
Observer.
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
^ Boredom is the state where you lack motivation to do anything.
Sorry to disagree but "Boredom" isn't when you lack motivation to do anything, thats called being "lazy". "Boredom" is the state when a person thinks there is nothing of interest to do or when there is nothing to do at all.

But to be on topic, my personal heaven doesn't matter to me as long as I have my acoustic guitar and my ability to sing. As long I have those two things and I am able to use them at my free will I don't care where I end up.
LonelyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 22:26   Link #47
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

An ideal heaven?

Well, how about this. There is heaven, which is like just an awesome place to hang out and be with friends, family, and so on. Then there's a Nirvana like place which is just an awesome place to meditate and relax, and just in all be peaceful. Then there's Valhalla, where all the badass warriors go and are in an endless battle against each other or whatever.

It sounds like a video game in retrospect, but you wouldn't ever be bored in a heaven like that.
Old 2011-02-28, 23:17   Link #48
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

All the heavens are the same. You stay happy as if you were drunk or high for all the eternity waiting for your familiars to jump and sing forever. Hell you can't even suicide there, you must support it forever.

A second life or reencarnation sounds perfect, as the terrenal life got a lot of suffering, it got a lot of good things as well, and it makes it more interesting to get obstacles to pass over and always be learning something new.
I'd never get tyred of terrenal life, so many places to know, so many people to know, so many events to presence..
Old 2011-02-28, 23:22   Link #49
Asuras
Dictadere~!

And so much effing negativities. I'd much rather be nonexistent than have to deal with all this shit.
Old 2011-02-28, 23:53   Link #50
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Mine is nothing but anime that ever been made and will be made all in english. Catgirls, Foxgirls, Wolfgirls, Doggirls and Bunnygirls all in silk kimonos or as miko and Ran Yakumo as my personal maid
Old 2011-03-01, 01:08   Link #51
iLney

I dont know. But wherever those who blow themselves up to get a spot must be goodz.

There will be no pork though. Me like pork a lot
iLney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 01:41   Link #52
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Heaven is a world where everyone is "straight".
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 01:48   Link #53
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Genji, saying things like that will have you always "stuck in red". Just so you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Mine is nothing but anime that ever been made and will be made all in english. Catgirls, Foxgirls, Wolfgirls, Doggirls and Bunnygirls all in silk kimonos or as miko and Ran Yakumo as my personal maid

Wait, why wish for anime like that when you could wish for real kemonomimi girls to be your wives.
Old 2011-03-01, 02:07   Link #54
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Genji, saying things like that will have you always "stuck in red". Just so you know. p
Straight as in the "in the Right Way" or "in the Good Side"
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 04:47   Link #55
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
Could you elaborate? That could mean a ton of other things and your idea of what is good may not be the same as what other people think is, so it would be nice to know your side of the story, if you know what I mean.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 05:21   Link #56
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Who defines right from left? God? Ok, Heaven is a place where only His well trained pets go to. XD
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 09:06   Link #57
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I'll settle for not needing to go to the bathroom.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 14:25   Link #58
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I'll settle for not needing to go to the bathroom.
With Starcraft 2 and lots of shounen manga as well?

Kimi wo shinjiteiru!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 15:03   Link #59
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
As stated before by others, Valhalla wouldn't be a bad place to go. You can truly enjoy your life to the fullest there.

If I can't go to Valhalla, then I guess Big Boss' Outer Heaven will be as close to perfect as is possible while upon this planet.
Old 2011-03-01, 22:04   Link #60
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
Oh, well, sorry for the confusion. Although what you said is vague enough to be misinterpreted.

Tags
heaven, ideal