AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-26, 00:21   Link #4961
faiz blaster

Interesting. Mental Out works on Kamijou but, just like Ars Magna, it will be completely erased if he touch his head with his right hand.

Also, that sincerely smiling Shokuhou is just WAY TOO CUTE!
Old 2013-08-26, 00:23   Link #4962
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
More spoilers

Spoiler for by Js06:
Good Touman.
Old 2013-08-26, 00:29   Link #4963
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Since how many chapters has the Railgun manga been on "HOLY SHIT" mode?
I mean all these events have been mindblowing.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-08-26, 00:33   Link #4964
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Since how many chapters has the Railgun manga been on "HOLY SHIT" mode?
I mean all these events have been mindblowing.
Ssssh, Kamachi is testing us. Just so that he'd have an easier time writing the next arc if most of us were gone due to exploding heads.

... Kamachi is trying to annihilate us all with the deadly art of Hokuto Shinken of writing! Panic now!!

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-08-26, 00:36   Link #4965
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm confused what the third spoiler is about.

But admittedly the first spoiler puts a grin on my face
Old 2013-08-26, 00:41   Link #4966
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm confused what the third spoiler is about.

But admittedly the first spoiler puts a grin on my face
The dialogue was for the last picture in the 3rd spoiler. Let me fix that.
Old 2013-08-26, 00:49   Link #4967
dKmps
ņe

Nooo
Spoilers so soon and at this hour!
now I have too much anxiousness!!

I wonder who is the one saying "つーかアンタ誰だよ" (Besides Mikoto who else says "anta"?)
Old 2013-08-26, 01:37   Link #4968
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm.. A little inconsistency from Kamachi or difference in power level? In novel volume 6, Kamijou was unable to hear the Judgement telepath voice at all, but hear he can hear Shokuhou's voice clearly.

By the way, I approve the first spoiler with 2 thumbs up . So that's how he conquer all those girls high powered girl
Old 2013-08-26, 01:57   Link #4969
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmm.. A little inconsistency from Kamachi or difference in power level? In novel volume 6, Kamijou was unable to hear the Judgement telepath voice at all, but hear he can hear Shokuhou's voice clearly.
Exterior is something to be taken into the equation.
Old 2013-08-26, 02:04   Link #4970
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:

By the way, I approve the first spoiler with 2 thumbs up . So that's how he conquer all those girls high powered girl
From what I read, Kamijou was unable to hear the transmission from the Judgement telepath because he had accidentally broken the transmission link that goes to his head by touching it. The anime doesn't seem to make note of this either.

That is why Misaki warned him not to touch his head or else he'd break the link.

Old 2013-08-26, 02:10   Link #4971
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Until we know otherwise, I chalk it down to Mental Out using a different technique than that other girl... Perhaps Misaki could focus her powers better to avoid his hand?

Or maybe Kamijou had already broke the line before she could say anything.
Old 2013-08-26, 02:22   Link #4972
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

You guys have no idea how happy I am to see those spoilers.

TouMAN is being the prince, while Misaki & Mikoto are the princesses. That's more than interesting for me to look forward to it. It would be mindblowing to see how awesome Misaki is.

My mind is about to explode with excitement!
Old 2013-08-26, 02:29   Link #4973
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

I hope you guys take into account that Misaki is a lvl 5 and that judgement girl is weaker in the ability department. There is quite a gap between a lvl 5 and the lower lvl espers. I am so happy with these spoilers. I really want to know about TouMAN's connection to Misaki more and more as I read this arc.
Old 2013-08-26, 02:41   Link #4974
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Touma is more close to misaki than I tought,knowing his IB but does touma recognize her voice and ability ? and also does that mean that misaki is able to control touma unless touma puts his right hand on the head?

very interesting indeed
Old 2013-08-26, 02:45   Link #4975
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Until we know otherwise, I chalk it down to Mental Out using a different technique than that other girl... Perhaps Misaki could focus her powers better to avoid his hand?

Or maybe Kamijou had already broke the line before she could say anything.
Which would be the case from what I'm saying.

Old 2013-08-26, 02:50   Link #4976
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
Touma is more close to misaki than I tought,knowing his IB but does touma recognize her voice and ability ? and also does that mean that misaki is able to control touma unless touma puts his right hand on the head?
This immediately reminds me of one of the Raildex doujins which Misaki mind-controlled Touma to 'make-up' with Mikoto.

But in the canon story, she can't mind-control him (Index series stated that she can't brainwash nor mind-control Touma due to his IB's nature), but at least she CAN make an 'encrypted' telepathy with him.
Old 2013-08-26, 03:15   Link #4977
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Exterior is something to be taken into the equation.
Good point, although IIRC, Shokuhou need some kind of "activation" that put some kind of stress when she use is last time(when she completely control the traffic), so I guess we need to wait for the full chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
From what I read, Kamijou was unable to hear the transmission from the Judgement telepath because he had accidentally broken the transmission link that goes to his head by touching it. The anime doesn't seem to make note of this either.

That is why Misaki warned him not to touch his head or else he'd break the link.
Hmmm... Also a good point, although I don't think the novel explicitly stated he touch his head during the scene?

The reason I bring the point up is this might bring more light about kamijou's power and limitation. We know that his right hand definitely reject any kind of "miracle" although it can be "overpowered", what we don't know for sure is the rest of his body resistance toward "miracle". We know that the rest of his body has some kind of resistance(for example, healing and teleport doesn't work even to other body parts beside right hand), but in here, telepathy seems to work as long as his hand doesn't directly touch his head, although the telepathy from the girl in volume 6 didn't seem to work.

Could it be that for other parts of his body beside right and, a strong enough "miracle" can bypass Kamijou's power? Maybe healing magic/esper power could even work on him if it's strong enough?

P.S please remind me if I went off-tangent too much so I can move to the appopriate thread
Old 2013-08-26, 03:17   Link #4978
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Hmmm... Also a good point, although I don't think the novel explicitly stated he touch his head during the scene?
The thing is, not during. That's the keyword there. My post after that implies that Touma severed the mental link before the telepath was able to relay the warning to him.

Old 2013-08-26, 03:21   Link #4979
OverNOut
The Obsever

So Misaka is not in control of herself at the moment and Touma will be the one who will save her. This is quite similar with Index in the Index arc.

Kamachi is killing us with all these really small hints and pieces about Touma's past. I hope this chapter doesn't end in a big cliffhanger again (but I have a bad feeling it will).
Old 2013-08-26, 03:37   Link #4980
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
So Misaka is not in control of herself at the moment and Touma will be the one who will save her. This is quite similar with Index in the Index arc.

Kamachi is killing us with all these really small hints and pieces about Touma's past. I hope this chapter doesn't end in a big cliffhanger again (but I have a bad feeling it will).
Namely, his pre-"amnesia" past, through Misaki.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen