AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 44 Rating
Perfect 10 5 38.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 38.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 23.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-09-02, 02:57   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Attack on Titan - Episode 44 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Attack on Titan, Episode 44.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-02, 14:15   Link #2
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Why we wasting time injecting these fools, when you can do it the Rod Reiss style, licketysplit?

I feel like they wasting so much serum...

On the bright side we found out Historia is a true baller and Eren is...still Eren ...

Hange!

But seriously,...feeling like all this stuff we've seen from the start of this show was just about stirring up a situation where the "coordinate" could be discovered, within this greater freakin' game...Fe-fi-foh-fum...
Old 2018-09-02, 14:34   Link #3
EroKing

Historia showing why she is the best girl in the show, that track playing at the end was epic too
Old 2018-09-02, 15:55   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Based Historia. She was almost fooled by her father, but her common sense and her memories of Ymir helped her come back to her senses.

Historia's royal blood would have allowed her full access to the founding titan's abilities, but she would have been shackled by the will/memories of the first king and been unwilling to change the status quo anyway. It really is better for Eren to keep his powers. He's managed to use the ability to control titans once, he can do it again. Just need to find out how.

Animation was top notch once again. Mikasa killing those guys was amazing.
Old 2018-09-02, 16:38   Link #5
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Whoever directs this anime sure loves cliffhangers XD

Still, I was surprised with Kenny's state. I guess the cut he received from Levi wasn't that serious considering he could move freely after the fight.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-02, 16:47   Link #6
Nivek von Beldo

Woah all the revelations but Historia thanks to Ymir noticed all was fishy and well, Rod is now the titan, go Eren.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-03, 02:49   Link #7
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Great episode. At least this explains why last week's animation look bad: The budget went to the fight between Levi' squad and Kenny's troops.
Old 2018-09-03, 21:40   Link #8
Applehell

So that's why the nobles weren't too worried about the coup. If Rod had come through and installed the memories of the first King of the Walls in to Historia, she would reseted everything back to status quo being under the influence of the Founding Titan's memories. She no longer be herself and trapped everyone in present situation that first King was have implied to have created in the first place.

The last episode had made Grisha look an enemy and mastermind of all this, but now that might not be the case and what he did might just saved everyone. Eren has already proven that they don't need to Reiss to control the Titans.

I wonder what Kenny is gonna do now, he's just lost reason for fighting at this point or at least seems like it.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 09:36   Link #9
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
So that's why the nobles weren't too worried about the coup. If Rod had come through and installed the memories of the first King of the Walls in to Historia, she would reseted everything back to status quo being under the influence of the Founding Titan's memories. She no longer be herself and trapped everyone in present situation that first King was have implied to have created in the first place.

The last episode had made Grisha look an enemy and mastermind of all this, but now that might not be the case and what he did might just saved everyone. Eren has already proven that they don't need to Reiss to control the Titans.

I wonder what Kenny is gonna do now, he's just lost reason for fighting at this point or at least seems like it.
Some snowglobe $hit is going on but I can't figure it out yet...

Kenny's plan seemed pretty simple if not short-sighted...Unless Rod's brother gave him more of a clue it appeared he simply thought he could steal the titan power and I guess control things from there...Risky move (from his perspective unlike Historia who is being prepped) considering first time titans tend not to understand much, but who knows...

The fact that only certain bloodlines memories can be erased is the most troubling effect to me...The explanation to that better be rock solid...I'm worried it won't be at all...
Old 2018-09-04, 16:11   Link #10
James Rye

And this is why Historia is a good written female character. Instead of being pushed by her father's demand she made a decision all on her own, saying FU to her father and mankind, telling our wailing MC to shut up and grow some balls and goes all chain-freeing on him! Loved the flashbacks in this episode, they added to it and weren't interruptions of the flow. Now it is Eren vs Daddy-san next episode with Kenny and Historia as audience.
Old 2018-09-06, 18:41   Link #11
ArrowSmith

Is it just me or does Kenny give this 'Red Dead Redemption' vibe to Season 3?
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 21:42   Link #12
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

oh my feakin gosh, I love this new Historia. Her attitude and actions this episode made her a BAMF.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-27, 15:26   Link #13
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Wish

This is the prelude to the climax as the thunderstorm pierced the skies.

It was much mind blowing due to the fact that Historia took to heart the lessons she learned from Ymir and Eren. Rather than to adopt the role that her father, Rod Reiss manipulated her to do so, she instead rebelled as humanity's greatest enemy and refused to do things out of blind faith.
Moreover, tempting and malicious was the offer for Historia to get the chance at least glimpsing the ghost of her late, half-sister Frieda but flushing it all down the toilet if it meant to keep the twisted, bird-cage of this world running.

The insert song that plays at the closing, last minutes to this episode was awesome as Historia proclaims her will to the world.

To be honest, the drastic change made overall into this scenes adapted from the manga was so executed brilliantly. At least, now we know that Rod Reiss is just such a scumbag because from his previous experiences with his father, then Uri, and, lastly, Frieda, he knew he couldn't become the King out of pure fear to be overtaken by the spirit of the first King of the Walls and doing nothing to eliminate the Titans.

Kenny, on the other hand, he's a devil of sorts, however, he let both Historia and Eren to do what their hearts desired without interfering.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote