AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-23, 22:42   Link #10741
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

You guys when you mention Russian TDs, makes me want to buy a new toy to kill with to play with. After playing so many TDs in my main account, I`ve gotten good. Anyways, what`s with you guys saying/whining about Russian TDs? One of my friends in my former clans said that Russian TDs are camping TDs. Versatility is what I want.

I got killed by arties 3 times when I was using T49 yesterday. I should have put on the 6th sense but unfortunately the crew is at 75%. Damn I have no gold for now.

EDIT: I don`t play arty in my life. I havent bought M3 Lee in my main account. I heard that T57 Heavy is a disappointing tier 10 for Heavy
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 23:01   Link #10742
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
It's only disappointing in the sense that everyone expects it to be death on tracks and its... an M103 with a 4 shot autoloader.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 01:26   Link #10743
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
You guys when you mention Russian TDs, makes me want to buy a new toy to kill with to play with. After playing so many TDs in my main account, I`ve gotten good. Anyways, what`s with you guys saying/whining about Russian TDs? One of my friends in my former clans said that Russian TDs are camping TDs. Versatility is what I want.
I know, but after hearing the same unrepentant argument time and again it's better to give up and let reality speak for itself.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 03:49   Link #10744
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
You answered your own question. Nobody likes a camper, especially when they get away with it and win. Hence the whine.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 04:27   Link #10745
GHOST EYE
Early Warning & Control

Quote:
makes me want to buy a new toy to kill with to play with.
Somehow that gives me the mental image of some guy just ordering a a bunch of toys online. On the same day they arrive via mail there's a news report of 9 people being killed by a psychopath who stabbed model kits of Russian tanks and tonka trucks into their chests.
GHOST EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 06:23   Link #10746
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Gamed for the first time in a month. Thanks to Pen and Sahin, I came out of it with an 80% WR, but due to the bad ping and my rustiness, my WN7 was likely horrible. XD
Old 2013-11-24, 10:35   Link #10747
Gravitas Free Zone

Days of football:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Almost done. Should be able to get the AMX AC 46 this afternoon; I was going to try for it last night but hit a patch of bad games and decided to stop before the slide reversed my progress.

Often the global average WR will dip on weekends due to event stupidity, but it seems that the current global for the ARL V39 is actually 49%. It's tricky to use, though, in the vein of many unwieldy mid-tier TDs.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 11:40   Link #10748
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Ping ruins everyone`s game. I just got lucky playing a computer in internet cafe. Every time I play there, I have less 300 giving me 100% smooth control of my tanks. I truly live in the mentioned country.I havent tried playing in other region but I dont want to be left out. Last time I played some facebook game called Moonlight. It has two versions: PH edition and US edition. I played in US and I was playing greatly because there`s less lag.

After 3-5 months I quitted playing that game because my clan(based in PH) has bad reputation because of the clan boss` idiocy*Sighs*. I suppose I shall give myself playing in US server once more time just to see you guys how you play and encounter you in matches?

But I suppose there`ll be one tiny problem: the internet cafe I always play there has only Asia server installed. I can fix that by installing it on my computer.

I`m still not sure what the stunt I am about to do and how much will I play there . and no it`s not suicide. If I can play good in NA(if my computer can handle that), I`ll stay there. If not, the rest is you know
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 13:16   Link #10749
Gravitas Free Zone

That's it for the ARL V39. AMX AC 46 purchased, V39 sold.

Images

Because of the weekend's sale, I just repurchased the JadgPanzer IV, mostly because of completeness, but also because it's noticeably different than the Dicker Max and the Nashorn, plus to see if the slight tweaks to it in 8.9 actually make any difference. While I did okay with it during the first grind to the JagdPanther, I didn't want to keep it after I was done... originally. Granted the gun dep sucks like the Nashorn's, but the JPIV is shorter and has a closed top.

The V39 is just annoying enough that I really have no plans to go back to it at all. The amusement of the 105mm doesn't really make up for the big paper hitbox and slow traverse.

I have a feeling that I'll use the 90mm on the AC 46 while grinding instead of taking the 100mm. The difference between a 2.3 second base aim time and a 2.9 second base aim time is enough that I could get away with not using an EGLD and equipping a camo net instead. (90mm + vents, rammer, camo vs. 100mm with vents, rammer, EGLD) I suppose I could do 100mm + rammer, EGLD, camo also.
Old 2013-11-24, 14:14   Link #10750
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Got Ace Tanker in my 183. The Foch 155 and ST-1 were full HP oneshots. Feels like cheating since I spawned on the broken north side on Highway and took potshots at the tanks crawling up to the city from the south spawn. Terribly imbalanced map is terrible.

Images

And I bought an E-25. This TD can be ridiculously fun. It's like an ELC AMX with sustained firepower.

Images
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 14:28   Link #10751
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
And I bought an E-25. This TD can be ridiculously fun. It's like an ELC AMX with sustained firepower.

ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ

Incidentally, any equipment thoughts on the AC 46?
Old 2013-11-24, 15:14   Link #10752
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
Hey, don't knock on the poor guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Incidentally, any equipment thoughts on the AC 46?
Rammer and GLD are musts. For the third slot, probably vents. I use optics on my AC 48, but it has 370m view range which is much better than the AC 46's 350m view range. I like having visual control whenever possible, but I'm not sure if it's worth it with the AC 46's base view range.
Old 2013-11-24, 19:25   Link #10753
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yes, the E-25 is ridiculously fun. Requires a good bandwidth to take advantage of its speed though, but from what I've played last night with Sahin and Pen, heh.
Old 2013-11-24, 19:40   Link #10754
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Hey, don't knock on the poor guy!
We should call him "Asskickermann"
Old 2013-11-24, 20:08   Link #10755
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Dr. Assmann, proctologist.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 00:05   Link #10756
Gravitas Free Zone

I just tried the PzIC, and then aborted my plan to use it, along with a rather convoluted arrangement of resulting crew transfers. (Which is actually a benefit.)

Why?

Three games with it lowered my global hit rate by 0.07%. Firing 8-round bursts, often while moving, is really, really bad for accuracy. Alternatively, I'd kill a tank with a partial clip and then have a bunch of shots not count because they were then blasting the dead hulk and there's no way to stop the gun from firing.

At least the 30mm autocannon on the VK1602, even with a slightly-worse dispersion, limits the lead spewing to 3-round bursts... even with that gun my accuracy in the 1602 is 65%.

It psychically hurts me to lower my hit ratio.
Old 2013-11-25, 01:03   Link #10757
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
It psychically hurts me to lower my hit ratio.
for someone whose ingame name is "FIRE_FIRE_FIRE", that's kinda surprising.
Old 2013-11-25, 02:22   Link #10758
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
for someone whose ingame name is "FIRE_FIRE_FIRE", that's kinda surprising.
Waste not, want not. It's also one of the few stats that I have both reasonable control over (unless I'm SPGing) and I'm in a very high percentile for.

Also, delicious irony.

Old 2013-11-25, 02:29   Link #10759
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Speaking of hit ratios, I saw a replay of Deusmortis playing the WT Pz4 on Arctic Region. He was actually sniping enemy tanks outside his draw distance by estimating their location with the minimap. Seems a lot of unicums don't care about their hit ratio or the possibility of getting a Sniper medal on a loss. They just take the shot and maximize their damage.
Old 2013-11-25, 02:46   Link #10760
Gravitas Free Zone

I've tried that on occasion, but usually only with something that has the ammo to spare.

My vice is chewing up entire buildings to open up a line of fire, or, in an SPG with extra ammo (which in my case is pretty much just the leFH18B2), prefiring on buildings and known camper locations.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks