AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-28, 20:09   Link #61
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So I've been thinking...... maybe Squado was sent by Kaidou? I mean, we know that he tried to take a potshot at Whitebeard before Shanks came along and stopped him, so maybe he sent Squado to do the dirty deed for him? I think that's a possibility.....
Was thinking the same. That or the unknown Yonkou.

Quote:
We'll find out in the next chapter for sure if he is a logia or a paramecia. Squardo should be aware of what kind of devil fruit user Whitebeard is. If Whitebeard is a logia, Squardo should know that it would be pointless to hit him with physical attacks since they just pass right through.
I believe Logia types have to enable their intangibility. If they're caught off-guard they can be physically hit (as seen when Smoker went flying through a cafe when Luffy hit him in Arabasta). Though all known Logias are adept enough to reflexively enable their intangibility at the slightest hint of combat. I'm pretty sure WB isn't Logia, but even if he was he could still have been stabbed because of the close proximity of the attack and that he regarded Squardo with much trust.

I wouldn't rule out WB knowledge that Squardo was a spy, mostly due to C559-7 when WB tried to contact Squardo but he wasn't available. Surely WB put more thought into why his most trusted New World captain was mysteriously gone.
Old 2009-10-28, 20:33   Link #62
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

I guess we now know why they had to stop the live feeds. Indiscriminate killing (including their own personnel and allies) by their PX army is very unlikely to go down well with the populance. It would be akin to dropping a nuke on a battlefield that you don't really need to.
Old 2009-10-29, 03:01   Link #63
controlen

My question is, where did squardo go? If he planned for the attack based on trust, why disappeared then reappeared? It would make sense if he disappeared and tried to be sneaky. Did squardo take order from someone else when he was gone? And why didnt whitebeard questioned that when squardo reappeared?

Still a mystery...
Old 2009-10-29, 04:02   Link #64
Talendra

Quote:
So I've been thinking...... maybe Squado was sent by Kaidou? I mean, we know that he tried to take a potshot at Whitebeard before Shanks came along and stopped him, so maybe he sent Squado to do the dirty deed for him? I think that's a possibility.....
Hm, not so sure about this one. As far as i remember was all the info we got about that Kaidou-accident, was that he tried to intercept Whitebeards forces on their way to MHQ. There was nothing said about motivation.

However, if you think about it, Kaidou and WB were (more or less) neighboors for quite a time. If Kaidou ever wanted to attack WB for the reason of getting rid of him, why didnt he in all those years? Why did he wait for WB to make preparations for war, to gather all his troops etc. ? Why attack him (the strongest man in the world, leading the strongest pirate crew in the world, after all!), when he is at his strongest?

In my opinion Kaidous tried interception was to prevent the World powers status quo to crumble. I would imagine Kaidous thinking somehwhere along the lines of "hey look, i can't let you fight the WG, cause after they beat you up, they will start going after us ... so, you have to fight us first, but if you do, you loose too much forces to even think about fighting the WG/Shichibukai. So just get back to where you came from and forget bout that Ace-guy"

That kind of thinking would work especially if Kaidou is - unlike Shanks and Whitebeard - not the Nakama-type, and in personality and values closer to guys like Doflamingo. Which would be a very refreshing thing to me

edit: The more i think about this, the more it seems like the kind of very sublte foreshadowing Oda like so much. This is already the second little hint we got about Kaidous character being somewhere "New-Era"-like. The first was, that during the fight between Moria and Kaidou, the latter actually killed all of Morias crewmates. While Whitebeard was just recently displayed as someone who did not let his opponents die so easily - just remember the Spade pirates, first he let them run away, and after they came back to save their captian, he just had them beaten up a little.

Last edited by Talendra; 2009-10-29 at 04:15.
Old 2009-10-29, 04:22   Link #65
PrototypeX2

The wound looks serious to me, at least there was a panel of Whitebeard shocked..Well those pirates started a good fight and they looked like they were winning at the beginning but now PX's are destroying the weaklings, shichibukai and admirals holding their main guys and the leader got wounded already.Marine's instantly got the upper hand thanks to Squado.They suffered much while the only thing WG lost is a bunch of foot soldiers.

In the end Ace will be saved thats for sure.So Im trusting in Shanks or Dragon to do this.I'd love to see a panel filled with an angry Shanks and his crew coming close next week
Old 2009-10-29, 11:30   Link #66
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

imma paste this over here too.
This goes out to you marvel, you were wondering about the division captains last chapter thread.

It seems 15 out of the 16 division commanders now have a face to go with.
Old 2009-10-29, 11:31   Link #67
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post
Hm, not so sure about this one. As far as i remember was all the info we got about that Kaidou-accident, was that he tried to intercept Whitebeards forces on their way to MHQ. There was nothing said about motivation.
That's true. All that was stated was that he attempted to intercept Whitebeard from going to MHQ, but then Shanks prevented him from doing so. We don't know if he had any hostile intentions or not, so his alignment is unknown at this point. If he is a villain, he may have tried to weaken Whitebeard so that the WG would have an easier time eliminating him at the war. If he's concerned about the state of the world's affairs, he may have tried to stop Whitebeard because he felt that declaring war against the WG would have serious repercussions, like jeopardizing the balance of power. I'm interested in finding out more about his motives.
Old 2009-10-29, 11:54   Link #68
Battler-kun

Ahahaha. Buggy is just the best.
A really clown. Can't wait to see this animated.
So freaking hilarious.

Well, WB is going to die, not a big surprise for me.
There had to be someone losing in this war. The WG has been constantly losing.

Once WB has passed away there will be a fierce fight to take his seat.
Old 2009-10-29, 11:58   Link #69
controlen

aohige: I think the picture misses the Oz huge guy. I remember others called him captain
Old 2009-10-29, 12:01   Link #70
james0246

@MarvelB: I don't know exactly what it meant, but one of the Whitebeard pirates mentions that Vegapunk experimented on corpses in order to make the Pacifistas. It's not quite your obsession with Zombies, but it'll do for now, right ?
Old 2009-10-29, 12:05   Link #71
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by controlen View Post
aohige: I think the picture misses the Oz huge guy. I remember others called him captain
Oars Jr is a NW pirate captain, not a WB division commander.
Old 2009-10-29, 12:06   Link #72
marvelB

Hey, thanks for that commander chart, aohige! Y'know, I still have trouble figuring out whether the gun-toting commander in the kimono is a woman or not (did he/she lose an arm since being introduced 9 chapters ago? ). By the way, I also love the design of that big bald guy with the cigar. Maybe Oda will give us all the commanders' names in an SBS or something......

Anyways, awesome chapter is awesome. I pretty much already gave my view of it from the spoiler summaries, but I just want to say once again that I absolutely love the Buggy interview. I wonder how long it'll continue before the marines spoil the fun.....

Also, I really hope that Squado is a really tough bastard because next chapter he's gonna have a bunch of pissed-off pirates on his ass like mice on peanut butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
@MarvelB: I don't know exactly what it meant, but one of the Whitebeard pirates mentions that Vegapunk experimented on corpses in order to make the Pacifistas. It's not quite your obsession with Zombies, but it'll do for now, right ?

Strange, I didn't see that in the translation I read.... though if it IS true, then I'm glad to see that my prediction of zombie Pacifistas (somewhat) came to light.
Old 2009-10-29, 12:06   Link #73
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by controlen View Post
Little Oars Jr was a New Wrld Pirate Captain. He isn't a part of the WB crew. On a side note, dam i really wish Oars Jr had gotten more time to shine.
Old 2009-10-29, 12:17   Link #74
james0246

Quote:
Strange, I didn't see that in the translation I read.... though if it IS true, then I'm glad to see that my prediction of zombie Pacifistas (somewhat) came to light.
Actually, looking through the raw, it was simply a bad scanlation/translation that I found on a certain website that must not be named...

So, no Zombies for you...at least until Halloween...
Old 2009-10-29, 12:25   Link #75
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Just read the chapter.. that hit is gonna hurt whitebeard dam you Squad i hope WB killls his ass
Old 2009-10-29, 12:45   Link #76
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 562 questions
This was pretty good chapter. I don't know what to make of the last page with white beard and squado. I wonder if Oda is going to make this a fatal blow or is this only going to piss white beard off? From the looks of it this only looks like it is going to piss him off more.

Seeing the pacifist destroy the marines as well makes me wonder if they would attack the remaining Shichibukai? If they do this will be very weird move. I can see from the marines side why they wouldn't mind destroying them since four Shichibukai have already betrayed or attacked the government in some way. But battle field wise the marines already have enough on there plate pissing off the what is left of the Shichibukai would be in my opinion a bad move.

Off the Subject
I know this is little out of it but does any one think Mr. 3 power to be like logia powers. I was thinking if he could develop that candle power little more he could do the same thing with his power like the rest of the logia users. Know one could hurt him if he could just manage that power little more.
Old 2009-10-29, 12:57   Link #77
james0246

^Mr. 3 isn't made of wax, he presumably produces and expels it from his body. So, he could never turn into a logia...
Old 2009-10-29, 13:19   Link #78
Azncoke123

Pretty sure that stab WB got will be leading up to when he gets a fatal blow, no matter how strong you are a stab like that with a huge sword will slow you down or even kill you.
Old 2009-10-29, 13:31   Link #79
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emolisher View Post
I thk Sengoku is using Ace as a bait to lure everyone there and kill all of them once and for all including the Shichibukai

You just sparkled an interesting point; if the government decide to slaughter all the pirates, then the shichibukai will probably start another adventure as a pirate again, possibly will encounter the strawhats in the future. With the PX cyborgs, I think the shichibukai would be rendered obsolete and they'll need to dispose all their connections with pirates.
This twist made me think Oda took a lot of time between the breaks thinking if killing WB was a good or bad idea and how to set it up. Then again, he can just let WB live but will never become a pirate again, taking him off the ranking lists.

Predicament: WG will win this war with WB retreating with Ace while they suffer heavy casualties but since the camera Buggy stole was still recording, the people will turn against the WG for their incompetence to use undermined dirty tactics like PX cyborgs and conspiring with other pirates to make betrayals. This would explain why Sengoku wanted to hide the truth from the people but now that it's out, WG will surely lose a large amount of trust from the people, possibly aiding an enormous revolution.
Old 2009-10-29, 13:32   Link #80
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Actually, looking through the raw, it was simply a bad scanlation/translation that I found on a certain website that must not be named...

So, no Zombies for you...at least until Halloween...

Ah, that's alright. Heck, I'm just glad to see to Moria back on his feet and enjoying himself as usual this chapter. Kiiishishishishi

By the way, Whitebeard's REALLY gonna be screwed if Squado coated the blade of that sword with poison.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post

Well yeah, I guess you're right. Still I just threw that idea out there since I really wouldn't find it surprising for there to be some discord amongst the Yonkou (they are pirates, after all). So I figured that maybe Kaidou or the unknown emperor wants Whitebeard dead so they can usurp his position as "King of the seas", and sent Squado as a "double agent" of sorts to finish the old man off. I'm sure that they'd take full advantage of the chaos that would ensue due to the imbalance of the world powers.....

But again, that's if Squado was sent by the other Yonkou. It's also entirely possible that this something he planned on his own.....
Closed Thread