AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-06, 16:45   Link #61
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
I think Dragon Ball Z Abridged handles Goku being a father the best, matter in fact I couldn't help but laugh when I saw him get excited to leave his family to go train
DBZ Abridged handles A LOT OF THINGS the best...

"Did he just remember he can do that?"
"Your father's an idiot."

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 17:19   Link #62
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Yes they are. The dialogue is very clear on this and if you saw otherwise, then you've got a bad translation.
Quote:
悟飯にいちゃん ビーデルさんと結婚したんでしょ?
"kekkon shita". "got married". It's clearly already happened or else he wouldn't phrase it like that.
He was asking if they already marry each other or not
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 19:17   Link #63
GDB

I didn't like how they handled Beerus on that planet at the beginning. Made him come off as a complete ass, destroying half the planet just because of a somewhat fatty snack. The manga, on the other hand, had him destroy the entire planet because they tried to poison him to save their planet.

Also, the blond guy manning the lights in Mr. Satan's interview... was that one of his disciples from the Cell Games? The redhead on the other side looks like the one that was at the Cell Games too.

Super weird that people still get freaked out over people flying. They've literally been flying in public since Chiaotzu and Tien showed up in DB. That was what, the 2nd tournament? So 21 years now.

Liked how the money Goku got had Toriyama-bot on it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 19:35   Link #64
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I didn't like how they handled Beerus on that planet at the beginning. Made him come off as a complete ass, destroying half the planet just because of a somewhat fatty snack. The manga, on the other hand, had him destroy the entire planet because they tried to poison him to save their planet.

Also, the blond guy manning the lights in Mr. Satan's interview... was that one of his disciples from the Cell Games? The redhead on the other side looks like the one that was at the Cell Games too.

Super weird that people still get freaked out over people flying. They've literally been flying in public since Chiaotzu and Tien showed up in DB. That was what, the 2nd tournament? So 21 years now.

Liked how the money Goku got had Toriyama-bot on it.
And did you watch the Movie that featured Beerus?... he went around destroying plants like nothing for nothing for no reasons.
(the wiki stat's his excuse as "his occupation is to maintain balance by destroying planets.")
Hay, the guy gotta do his work. LOL
( at least he gave them "half a planet" LOL... how does half a planet even work? )

And... well... basing on how people still think Satan is the strongest in the "world"... you can bet the Earth people in Dragon Ball series are superbly stupid.
So it's not a surprise they'll be surprised by things they already saw years ago... (especially when Satan some how convinced the Earth people that "flying" and "energy blasts" are all just CGI (tricks)....) even if those "blasts" kills off some of the Earth people... yea... CGI kills...

As for the timeline of when Super happens after Z/Kai... it feels way more than a few months, mainly because it feels kinda weird for Gohan and Videl to get married only after like... what? half a year of relationship?...

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2015-07-06 at 20:35.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 19:41   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
To be fair if the people of Dragonball were smart...they'd probably have gone insane due to dying and coming back to life so much. Or they'd note the severe lack of population (since you can only bring someone back once....there should be entire cities that have lost their populations multiple times).

The population in this show is just fodder. Way to bring up the body count and make any villain look terrifying.

Anyways in terms of this episode...it was fun . Nice to have this bit of nostalgia back once more. Good think Satan gave Goku that money, his family was never going to survive otherwise the way things were going.
Old 2015-07-06, 20:14   Link #66
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
This episode AMPLIFIED my already considerable respect for Mr Satan.

Sure, he is still the cowardly blowhard showboat he always has been, but the fact he openly acknowledges that it was Goku and Vegeta who deserved the prize for Saving The World once again showed what a decent and kind man he really is.

I REALLY like the "heartwarming and sentimental" direction that the Dragonball Franchise has taken since "Battle of the Gods", as it finally acknowledges these heroes are more than just warriors, but living, breathing and feeling beings with big lovable hearts.
Haha right? That whole scene got me smiling. He's a fool with a heart of gold.
Old 2015-07-06, 21:45   Link #67
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
It's good to have slice of life here and there because soon we will get:
Battle of God > training arc(Freeza movie fast skip it) > Freeza movie

By the way, do you mean dub or sub GT?
(Dub ignored half of early story in jump right in SS4 arc )
I haven't seen any dubbed version of GT, so sub. The reason why I prefer the beginning of GT is because stuff actually happens. In this episode here, nothing really happened. Goku gets money, Videl gets Water and we find out that the villain destroys planets. But there's no conflict yet. The first episode of GT has this slice of life stuff as well to an extent, but it also sets up a conflict right away. Here, all we have is the hint of a future conflict, which I don't like too much.
Old 2015-07-06, 23:15   Link #68
ImperialFlameGod8190

Its funny on one hand it was enjoyable at the same time i kinda loathe it because of the fact i remember the DBZ of old and i dont like the slice of life style for dragon ball z. It was a fun watch but ignoring the fact that the japanese voices are god awful (used to the dub and everyone sounds bizzare in the subbed). o well

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 02:14   Link #69
Vegard Aune

Quote:
He was asking if they already marry each other or not
No, he was asking "You know how Gohan and Videl-san got married?" Why would he ask Trunks for confirmation that his own brother got married? One would think Goten would know that far better than Trunks.
Old 2015-07-07, 05:22   Link #70
Gundamx

Quote:
No, he was asking "You know how Gohan and Videl-san got married?" Why would he ask Trunks for confirmation that his own brother got married? One would think Goten would know that far better than Trunks.
でしょ? = 1) seems, I think, I guess, I wonder, I hope 2) don't you agree?, I thought you'd say that!

basically, not 100% sure answer and half time asking for confirmation
Old 2015-07-07, 06:21   Link #71
Vegard Aune

Quote:
でしょ? = 1) seems, I think, I guess, I wonder, I hope 2) don't you agree?, I thought you'd say that!

And again, even if Goten was second-guessing himself on this, there is absolutely no reason why he'd ask Trunks for confirmation. If Goten didn't know whether his own brother's wedding had taken place yet, Trunks definitely wouldn't know. Also the plot-summary of the episode published beforehand refers to them as newlyweds. The "desho" is clearly meant as a "You know how they got married, right?" If it was meant to be taken as "Goten isn't sure himself", then one would think that there would at least be some acknowledgement of that anywhere else in the episode, like Trunks at least responding with a "Yes, they did" or "No, they didn't". But he didn't do that, he just said "Okay, then I know what to get".
Old 2015-07-07, 06:46   Link #72
Gundamx

Quote:
And again, even if Goten was second-guessing himself on this, there is absolutely no reason why he'd ask Trunks for confirmation. If Goten didn't know whether his own brother's wedding had taken place yet, Trunks definitely wouldn't know. Also the plot-summary of the episode published beforehand refers to them as newlyweds. The "desho" is clearly meant as a "You know how they got married, right?" If it was meant to be taken as "Goten isn't sure himself", then one would think that there would at least be some acknowledgement of that anywhere else in the episode, like Trunks at least responding with a "Yes, they did" or "No, they didn't". But he didn't do that, he just said "Okay, then I know what to get".
Right now they have same relation as Vegeta and Bulma.
living together but not married yet

But who know?
Maybe other line confirmed Gohan already married Vidal
Old 2015-07-07, 07:47   Link #73
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Right now they have same relation as Vegeta and Bulma.
living together but not married yet

But who know?
Maybe other line confirmed Gohan already married Vidal
Vegeta is a smart man, if they ever split up she won't take half of his stuff (whatever that is).
Old 2015-07-07, 08:21   Link #74
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Or they'd note the severe lack of population (since you can only bring someone back once....there should be entire cities that have lost their populations multiple times).
No, because Namek's balls don't have that limitation and that's how people were wished back in Buu saga. In Cell saga, Cell destroyed cities unmentioned in previous material. So Toriyama really tried to avoid the scenario you're describing.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 16:24   Link #75
Kazu-kun

Quote:

He's not asking for confirmation. It's a rhetorical question. Here's that bit of dialog:

Quote:
Trunks: A present?

Goten: "Yeah. You know how Gohan and Videl-san got married, right? I want to give Videl a present."
Old 2015-07-07, 20:59   Link #76
MCAL

You know I REALLY wouldn't mind Dragon Ball Slice of Life...

Oh and Hercule did something right for once.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 22:14   Link #77
Samari
World's Greatest

I'm confused. Is this in the same universe as the two recently released films? I've only seen Battle of the Gods. Or is this going to be a situation that is essentially the main universe compared to an alternate universe where the two new films take place. I'm guessing it's all connected. But if not, is Son Goku going to meet Beerus for a second time?

And is there an ongoing manga happening right now? Or just a few special chapters that acted as essentially a preview for Dragon Ball Super?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 22:16   Link #78
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I'm confused. Is this in the same universe as the two recently released films? I've only seen Battle of the Gods. Or is this going to be a situation that is essentially the main universe compared to an alternate universe where the two new films take place. I'm guessing it's all connected. But if not, is Son Goku going to meet Beerus for a second time?

And is there an ongoing manga happening right now? Or just a few special chapters that acted as essentially a preview for Dragon Ball Super?
There is a manga, but they're not the exact same. Also, they're rewriting the movies into anime format, fleshing it out. Basically, it's still canon but being changed to fit this new plot.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 10:41   Link #79
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I just hope Gohan takes off his classes. They remind me of GT. Let's just say half Saiyans can recover their eyesights or something after reading too many books
Old 2015-07-08, 11:09   Link #80
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I just hope Gohan takes off his classes. They remind me of GT. Let's just say half Saiyans can recover their eyesights or something after reading too many books
Gohan is a true hipster. He wears glasses without sight correction just for the intellectual looks. Or with that ripped body they might start thinking he's actually a jock.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy