AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2015-10-10, 13:58   Link #5321
ottmarsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus_vmt View Post
Errr... It's not a question of Asuna not giving a shit, because she does... Hell, she turns the world upside down trying to find Kirito's location before that happens. Kirito's ingame, while Asuna isn't. That's one way to summarize it.

You should read some of the WN summaries to have some insight.
Thanks for the suggestion.. Seems like the ending is absolute garbage:

Quote:
In WEB Final, SK!Kirito used the kanji ‘王妃’ to refer to Asuna, not ‘女王’. While both can mean ‘queen’, the usage of ‘王妃’ suggests SK!Kirito had other wives/lovers at the same time while ‘女王’ would suggest Asuna would be the only one. My head-canon now is that at least Ronie got married to Kirito in UW, if not Fanatio and Solterina as well xD
As for the prologue… well, the Ronie-descendant present there might in the future call Kirito ‘revered ancestor’, maybe?
ottmarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 19:03   Link #5322
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazutoxasuna View Post
Hey there everyone, I'm new here.

I know that this topic has been brought up quite a long time ago but I wish to confirm whether Sugou did rape Asuna in the light novel. I was talking with two other people who have read the novels and they said that she was indeed raped in ALO.

I then read that particular chapter and somehow, it did not occur to me that Sugou raped her? I thought that Sugou just tore off the top of her dress, touched her, and licked all over her face. DID HE REALLY RAPE HER?

Secondly, one reader actually said that Sugou gave Asuna oral sex. This isn't true, right... If it's true, I'm going to blast my head off...

I hope you guys can give me an answer. It's just really unsettling for me......
No rape happened in the LN proper. And other rape scenes that did happen in the WEB version didn't happen to Asuna, and got edited out when the LNs got there. Whoever was telling you that was just plain trolling (or got trolled themselves). If people actually want rape scenes they'll have to go elsewhere to satisfy them.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 08:29   Link #5323
tidus_vmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottmarsen View Post
If i'm not mistaken, that's from "Craddle of the Moon" not the WN ending... The WN ending is still crap, but KiriAsu's still going. I wouldn't stress much about that.

Oh, and about your other quote, you should have kept reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Again with this? I already explained before that only a queen regnant is called 女王. It's not the typical way to refer to a queen, as you mistakenly assume, because there's nothing typical about a queen regnant. It's rare in any culture for the queen to be the head of state. Generally, the king governs, and the queen is just his wife. That's why the queen is called 王妃 (queen consort). It means the queen is the consort instead of the governor (which is the king). It doesn't imply there is a harem or other wives.

To put it simple, Elizabeth I is a 女王 but Alexandra of Denmark is a 王妃
tidus_vmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 13:13   Link #5324
ottmarsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus_vmt View Post
If i'm not mistaken, that's from "Craddle of the Moon" not the WN ending... The WN ending is still crap, but KiriAsu's still going. I wouldn't stress much about that.

Oh, and about your other quote, you should have kept reading
I guess you can call me a purist or something where relationships are concerned. Polygamy or cheating does not fit in the story i got to know during the two seasons.
Old 2015-10-11, 18:14   Link #5325
c933103
FTNR

For

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Spoiler for .:
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
yeah, and perhaps that's why Kawahara said something like Alice would be a serious competition for Asuna

Spoiler for web novel spoiler?:

Spoiler for response:

and, Just saw some comparison about LN vs web... https://www.reddit.com/r/swordartonl...ume_16_i_have/

also,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkonus View Post
SAO Origin game looks amazing, looks open world to me too but not sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ODwueh_JKg
The sa: o is world name not game name, plus it is ln thread not game thread

Quote:

I know that this topic has been brought up quite a long time ago but I wish to confirm whether Sugou did rape Asuna in the light novel. I was talking with two other people who have read the novels and they said that she was indeed raped in ALO.

I then read that particular chapter and somehow, it did not occur to me that Sugou raped her? I thought that Sugou just tore off the top of her dress, touched her, and licked all over her face. DID HE REALLY RAPE HER?

Secondly, one reader actually said that Sugou gave Asuna oral sex. This isn't true, right... If it's true, I'm going to blast my head off...

I hope you guys can give me an answer. It's just really unsettling for me......
All of these are imagination created by readers who like to see rape. You can't even turn off ethic code system in ALO how do you rape.

Quote:
This part is simply misunderstanding due to same word have different meaning in Chinese vs Japanese.

Quote:
I guess you can call me a purist or something where relationships are concerned. Polygamy or cheating does not fit in the story i got to know during the two seasons.
Nor is there any. Except some fanfic.

Last edited by c933103; 2015-10-11 at 18:34.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 00:17   Link #5326
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:

Depends on your definition of rape, really (seeing how there are people who want to extend or shrink what it means)
What was shown in the Anime was the extent of what happened. If you consider "forcibly stripping her clothes off, and touching her provocatively" as rape (pretty sure most legal systems will recognize that as rape?), then there you go.
I don't think he did anything to her real body though (other than smell her hair)

Quote:
Like C9 said, it was a misunderstanding. The person who said that read the Chinese translations, and that word has that implication in Chinese, but it doesn't make a difference in Japanese. Because Japanese uses Chinese characters, the translator often just copies over the same characters, instead of correcting them to a word that makes more sense.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 08:33   Link #5327
kazutoxasuna

Was Sachi Kirito's first love?

Thanks to all for the clarification on whether Sugou actually did rape Asuna. I'm really pissed at what Sugou did to Asuna and I'm glad that no rape actually happened (according to my definition).

I have another question: Was Sachi Kirito's first love? I was sorta debating with my friend about it and that was when she showed me a q&a with the author (2005, I think):

Q. Who was your first love? Also, what position would Asuna be, in order of the women you liked?
A. Someone who was in the “Black Cats of the Moonlit Night”… I guess. Basically, that would make Asuna the next person I ended up liking after her.

Q. So Asuna was your first love, as I thought?
A. She would be my second love, I guess.

What do you guys think? I actually wished that asuna and kirito are each other's first love, so I'm a little disappointed if Sachi is considered as his first love instead.
kazutoxasuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 14:16   Link #5328
Gazdav

Quote:
Thanks to all for the clarification on whether Sugou actually did rape Asuna. I'm really pissed at what Sugou did to Asuna and I'm glad that no rape actually happened (according to my definition).

I have another question: Was Sachi Kirito's first love? I was sorta debating with my friend about it and that was when she showed me a q&a with the author (2005, I think):

Q. Who was your first love? Also, what position would Asuna be, in order of the women you liked?
A. Someone who was in the “Black Cats of the Moonlit Night”… I guess. Basically, that would make Asuna the next person I ended up liking after her.

What do you guys think? I actually wished that asuna and kirito are each other's first love, so I'm a little disappointed if Sachi is considered as his first love instead.
Originally yes Sachi was Kirito's first love she was someone that he deeply cared for.

But as Web Novel moved to Light Novel this got played down to just someone he cared for. Something that annoyed me to no end.

I do not get why you would be disappointed. Because if there was no Sachi, Kirito would not have had his drive and guilt to make him end the game the way he did. Fun little fact that the anime did not cover, was the heart break he felt after her death and the limitation of the revival item drove him to chose to carry out a suicide run. This run was to clear as many floor bosses as he could until he died. However Sachi's message got to him before he left. This is where Kirito chose to honour her last request and find out why Kayaba did what he did.

Don't think that as a bad thing though. Because Asuna may have been second. But she is not any less important, as she is the one that helped mend that broken heart.

So in a nut shell while not officially (as its left up to the reader to decide) his first love now she was still someone of major Importance to him.
Gazdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 06:51   Link #5329
EdRed

Quote:

Sachi was originally his first love.
Sachi isn't Kirito's first love in the LN. He is straight up thinking
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN2
If there's anything i can say, it's that there was no romance between the two of us.
I don't think that this could be any clearer.

That makes Asuna Kirito's first love. Not to mention the fact that Kirito seems to fall for Asuna way before he even meets Sachi when you consider Progressive. And since Progressive in both canon and on the same timeline as the "Aincrad Novels" you end up with Asuna as his first either way.

So you don't have to wish for it since it's already the case

Also, just to say it once more, Asuna wasn't raped in ALO. Everything the other posters already said is right, Oberon didn't go beyond touching her basically. I don't know where you "sources" got the idea from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottmarsen
Don't worry then. Given what Kawahara very recently said about Kirito and Asuna:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunori
Hmm.... They trust and love each other, IMO.
I don't think that you are in for Polygamy in the Light Novel ending. Almost everything which Kawahara changed from the WN so far seems to aim for improving Kirito's and Asuna's relationship.
Apart from that, i wouldn't exactly call the WN ending polygamous or a love triangle either since Kirito is quite set on Asuna even there.

Last edited by EdRed; 2015-10-15 at 17:01. Reason: Elaboration
EdRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 02:59   Link #5330
ottmarsen

I'm a bit confused. What's there to improve if what i quoted was a translation misunderstanding?
Old 2015-10-17, 03:56   Link #5331
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

The fact that Alice is still trying to get with Kirito, to the point that she mailed her robot body to Kirito's house, and calling his parents Mom and Dad?
It's pretty much stated that Kirito and Asuna were married for 200 years in Underworld—but that's only "Stacia Asuna and Star King Kirito"
Immediately after they got out, they had those 200 years of memories erased (because otherwise there wouldn't be room for new memories) which basically is like saying that never happened to them, and now Alice is still trying to get into Kirito's pants.

It ends with a silly as fuck love-triangle.

And that's not even touching all the weirdness that happened in the web novel (that I'm pretty sure has just now been published in light novel format)
There's just too much going on in Alicization to pick just one thing to complain about.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 04:03   Link #5332
Daedric dishwasher

I want to hear your thoughts guys:
1.in the novel, after they got out of UW, do you think Asuna/Kirito's fighting/sword skills have improved? significantly?
2. So far in the novel, who's strongest sword fighter aside from zekken? how strong is he compared to the characters in S2 of the anime?
Daedric dishwasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 04:27   Link #5333
Gazdav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedric dishwasher View Post
I want to hear your thoughts guys:
1.in the novel, after they got out of UW, do you think Asuna/Kirito's fighting/sword skills have improved? significantly?
2. So far in the novel, who's strongest sword fighter aside from zekken? how strong is he compared to the characters in S2 of the anime?
1) All those that took part in the war improved in some way or another could that trasfer from game to game maybe but that is like saying I can take my Leauge of Legends skills and trasfer them to Neverwinter.... There skill is purly dependent on the system and its limitations. However this would not help at all IRL where Suguha(Leafa) can slap the hell out of all of them.

1) so far in the light novel Alice or Asuna. In the web novel In underworld Kirito as he is basically a god. IRL Suguha (Leafa)
Old 2015-10-17, 04:45   Link #5334
Daedric dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazdav View Post
1) All those that took part in the war improved in some way or another could that trasfer from game to game maybe but that is like saying I can take my Leauge of Legends skills and trasfer them to Neverwinter.... There skill is purly dependent on the system and its limitations. However this would not help at all IRL where Suguha(Leafa) can slap the hell out of all of them.

1) so far in the light novel Alice or Asuna. In the web novel In underworld Kirito as he is basically a god. IRL Suguha (Leafa)
1. I meant sword skill in virtual world. not in real life.
2. so basically LN - asuna/alice WN - Kirito? And do you mean strongest when it comes to swords?
Old 2015-10-17, 04:54   Link #5335
Gazdav

Quote:
1. I meant sword skill in virtual world. not in real life.
2. so basically LN - asuna/alice WN - Kirito? And do you mean strongest when it comes to swords?
Well you asked about skill not where that skill was applied :P

Yes Baicially in the light novel as of volume 16 Asuna/Alice.
and yes WN Kirito is the strongest Player. In Underworld.
Old 2015-10-17, 05:27   Link #5336
Daedric dishwasher

Quote:
Well you asked about skill not where that skill was applied :P

Yes Baicially in the light novel as of volume 16 Asuna/Alice.
and yes WN Kirito is the strongest Player. In Underworld.
yep sorry bout that

I only touched upon the WN slightly. But I haven't checked up on the current developments of the LN yet. You said that in the WN kirito is the strongest, but in the LN he isn't. So I guess it means the LN haven't caught up to the part where kirito is the strongest in the WN yet? or it won't/didn't happen in the LN?

hmm I was actually interested to see if there are other people with pure-swordskill who are stronger than kirito/zekken/asuna/alice's swordsmanship(no magic/power). I kind of thought kirito was the strongest in the WN novel, but not because of his pure swords skills, but because of magic n stuff?
Old 2015-10-17, 05:53   Link #5337
Gazdav

Quote:
yep sorry bout that

I only touched upon the WN slightly. But I haven't checked up on the current developments of the LN yet. You said that in the WN kirito is the strongest, but in the LN he isn't. So I guess it means the LN haven't caught up to the part where kirito is the strongest in the WN yet? or it won't/didn't happen in the LN?

hmm I was actually interested to see if there are other people with pure-swordskill who are stronger than kirito/zekken/asuna/alice's swordsmanship(no magic/power). I kind of thought kirito was the strongest in the WN novel, but not because of his pure swords skills, but because of magic n stuff?
You guess correctly the reason that Kirito is not the strongest in the Light Novel is because it is still about 2 or 3 volumes behind the Web Novel. And nobody knows what may or may not change yet.
The LN is has only just Had Asuna Dive into Underworld.

No as per your definition there is nobody with pure sword skills stronger than Yuuki(Zenkken) Kirito. perhaps maybe PoH.
Old 2015-10-17, 07:04   Link #5338
Daedric dishwasher

Quote:
You guess correctly the reason that Kirito is not the strongest in the Light Novel is because it is still about 2 or 3 volumes behind the Web Novel. And nobody knows what may or may not change yet.
The LN is has only just Had Asuna Dive into Underworld.

No as per your definition there is nobody with pure sword skills stronger than Yuuki(Zenkken) Kirito. perhaps maybe PoH.
thanks for the reply.
well, I kinda hoped for someone(villain or not) with pure-swords skills to be stronger than yuuki for our MCs' to beat, It's anti-climactic for me to have them be forever subpar to the ones they faced before, I'm that type of guy . I guess I won't get the kind of development I want. But I'm still interested what would happen.
Old 2015-10-17, 09:01   Link #5339
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
The fact that Alice is still trying to get with Kirito, to the point that she mailed her robot body to Kirito's house, and calling his parents Mom and Dad?
Well that is NOT her motivation to do so.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 09:37   Link #5340
BreadnButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
It's pretty much stated that Kirito and Asuna were married for 200 years in Underworld—but that's only "Stacia Asuna and Star King Kirito"
Immediately after they got out, they had those 200 years of memories erased (because otherwise there wouldn't be room for new memories) which basically is like saying that never happened to them, and now Alice is still trying to get into Kirito's pants.

It ends with a silly as fuck love-triangle.

And that's not even touching all the weirdness that happened in the web novel (that I'm pretty sure has just now been published in light novel format)
There's just too much going on in Alicization to pick just one thing to complain about.
How do you expect Alice to know everything that happen in the Underworld when she herself was out of it? Given Alice personality, I also don't think she'll give up on him despite knowing their relationship as king and queen/wife/consort/whatever......
I really doubt Reki will bring back the WN ending since a lot of people (excluding me) would be pissed off if he did it. After all as someone said earlier in this thread that he has toned down Kirito's relationship with girls that are not Asuna (though Alice retains her ... you know), but yeah I dont think people like you that wants an Asuna end should worry at all.

Pretty tired of shipping stuff tbh.
BreadnButter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality