AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-10, 21:31   Link #9101
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
When you are fighting an AT-2, shoot the tower on top. It's got very little armor and has the loader inside (or the commander, but I think its one of the loaders). Very easy to defeat if you can get a couple good hits on it. Will do a number on the player's confidence as well.
The AT series only gains an additional loader with the AT-8, so yeah, on the AT-2 a hit to the copula only has a chance of knocking out the commander. However, the average pub doesn't seem to have the brainpower required to aim at that particular weak spot so...
Old 2013-08-10, 21:46   Link #9102
Gravitas Free Zone

The cupola is a fairly obvious weakspot for those looking for protuberances to shoot. The counterintuitive part about the AT series is that often things that are not places to shoot on normal vehicles are actually weaknesses, such as the gun mantlet on the AT 15, the big angled front plate on the Tortoise, etc. The ATs have some advantage in being able to hide their asymmetrical weaknesses though.

At the moment I'm 20 and 6 for the day's session, have green across the board, and got in the 30 kill mission. I could stop the WR train, or go back in and exploit a few more x3s...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 22:24   Link #9103
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I think this is simply a case where the player doesn't match the tank. Mindset and playstyle are important for the Comet, and I don't think you have it, so don't force it. Again I've known many who've succeeded at the tank -- heck, I'm one of them! The fact that I kept it for tier 7 should say a LOT about how I play it.
my mindset is simple: More expensive tank = better performance
Just a better turret (that traverses even slower than the standard) and a bigger healthpool would be enough
But not when you look at the other tier VIIs and compare (not to mention the bigger boys you're going up against)

So it's all fine and dandy, but the comet is the next step in this line, it's not like I can use the XP and creds for another tank
Old 2013-08-10, 22:35   Link #9104
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat® View Post
But not when you look at the other tier VIIs and compare (not to mention the bigger boys you're going up against)
Again, this just seems to me that you don't have the proper mindset for the Comet. Something like the T-43 would likely be a better fit for you.

You have to get used to the fact that none of the tier 7 mediums play even remotely similar to each other. Panther? Sniper. T20? Opportunist. T-43? Flanker. As for the Comet itself, it straddles the line between the Panther and the T20: a tank with good accuracy, respectable hull-down capabilities, and good agility to make up for its lack of top speed.

More expensive = better tank? HAH. Please disabuse yourself of that notion before you hurt yourself.

As for heavies? Please. Kimi and I run circles around ISs and Tigers with the Comet. Really, all it needs is better penetration, and it's golden.
Old 2013-08-10, 22:48   Link #9105
Gravitas Free Zone

A recent poll on Reddit for favorite mediums had at Tier 7 the T20 win and second place go to the Comet, and it wasn't a distant second.
Old 2013-08-10, 22:59   Link #9106
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Should i feel happy or fury ?

Spoiler for Battle result:
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 23:00   Link #9107
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
A recent poll on Reddit for favorite mediums had at Tier 7 the T20 win and second place go to the Comet, and it wasn't a distant second.
Likely because the T20 has much more flexibility, in addition to having a far better gun. The Comet has to rely on its ROF more than alpha damage, but there really aren't that many opportunities to take advantage of its ROF. It's SEVERELY gimped in cityfights for example, whereas the T20 can still peekaboo well with the damage of its gun.
Old 2013-08-10, 23:08   Link #9108
Gravitas Free Zone

I'd mentioned a few pages back that I'd be curious to get my T20 back and see how I'd do in it now with a better crew and not trying to pound my way through the grind to the Pershing.

I wonder how much perception factors into tank survivability. People know that the T20 has the 90mm, and as such is a potential threat. With the Comet not being known for armor or penetration, it might be passed over as a target in exchange for a higher-threat vehicle, since it's not so weak that someone will just potshot it to get it out of the way (like people do when they see lower-tier scouts).

Speaking of the JT88... I had several games where I did over 4000 damage and the win did not happen due to factors beyond my control, which was a source of frustration. Still, the JT88 fit me better than the T34, where the battle would go to hell due to factors beyond my control and I'd do even less damage.
Old 2013-08-10, 23:16   Link #9109
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I'm not really bothered AS much by the Comet's lack of maneuverability compared to the Cromwell, but the fact that it's weighted as a Heavy with regards to team building.
Old 2013-08-10, 23:19   Link #9110
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Purchased:
'Bat.-Châtillon 25 t' successfully purchased. - Credits: 4,270,000.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 23:25   Link #9111
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Purchased:
Congratulations.

Quote:
I'm not really bothered AS much by the Comet's lack of maneuverability compared to the Cromwell, but the fact that it's weighted as a Heavy with regards to team building.
Interesting.
Old 2013-08-11, 00:01   Link #9112
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Interesting.
Let me tell you, it's definitely awkward when you're placed higher on the list than T-29s or ISs. See some of the screenshots of my platoon sessions with Sahin and Pen to see what I mean.
Old 2013-08-11, 00:17   Link #9113
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Let me tell you, it's definitely awkward when you're placed higher on the list than T-29s or ISs. See some of the screenshots of my platoon sessions with Sahin and Pen to see what I mean.
Isn't that only because the first letter of 'Comet' is earlier in the alphabet than 'IS' or 'T29'?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 00:35   Link #9114
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Isn't that only because the first letter of 'Comet' is earlier in the alphabet than 'IS' or 'T29'?
I would have been okay if that was truly the case, but in tier 7 battles my Comet has been consistently put on top of my team's list, even in a team that is 80% heavies. No other medium has this kind of Battle Weight issue.
Old 2013-08-11, 00:35   Link #9115
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

So Angel invited me to platoon tier 10. I jumped into the Bat Chatillon 25 t for the first time in a month or so, and after my first battle, I walked away with an Ace Tanker.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Oddly, this was after spending several weeks playing TDs almost exclusively.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 02:47   Link #9116
Blaat

You know I've elited the Cromwell few days ago but with the all horror stories I've heard about the Comet (well mostly from Drake) I don't think I'll get it any time soon. Besides I've my hands full with the other crappy Tier 7 medium tank: T-43.
Quote:
Which tank was on the bottom?
Old 2013-08-11, 05:47   Link #9117
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Purchased:
grat!

Quote:
my mindset is simple: More expensive tank = better performance
Comet certainly better than any tier 6 tank.

Quote:
Just a better turret (that traverses even slower than the standard) and a bigger healthpool would be enough
Comet is one of the best tier 7 tank, I can even call the Comet OP for a tier 7 med, it have the best gun depression of the tier (-12 degree!), godly RoF and decent DPM, and the most agile med of tier 7, the only bad thing about it is damage, nothing else.

just compare to other med and you will see that it better than almost every other med except maybe the T20 (T20 not really better, just about as good maybe even worse)

let see:
-T-43 is sluggish, turn, accelerate slower than Comet (the listed turn rate is worthless thank to terrain resistance, which Comet is better terrain resistance), worse RoF, DPM than Comet and only a little better damage per shot, and it also have no turret armor, no gun depression.

-VK3002 is the same as above, better damage but worse than Comet everywhere else.

- Panther is a depressing case, it worse than Comet in everything but accuracy and pen (0.34 Comet vs 0.32 Panther, which have almost no difference after the 8.6 accuracy change), Panther also have worse damage per shot, worse RoF, DPM, worse acceleration, turning, worse gun depression and turret armor (listed value be dammed since Comet have a gun manlet on the turret act as spaced armor while Panther have none, effective armor on Comet turret > Panther turret)

-T20 is the only tier 7 med that manage to be competitive with the Comet here, it have about as good mobility as Comet, almost as good gun depression (-12 Comet vs -10 T20), the gun on T20 have great damage per shot (240 T20 vs 140 Comet) but the T20 have absolute paper for its armor (even on the turret) and have worse DPM than the Comet.

so unlike what you would think, The Comet pretty much a highly competitive, OP medium of the tier 7, after all, no tier 7 med but the T20 is nearly as good as the Comet
Old 2013-08-11, 07:39   Link #9118
Blaat

As a critique I'd recommend you mention all categories equally e.g. don't use armour is better argument if you're not willing to mention the Comet has worse armour than its counterpart and in most cases it does.

Anyway decent match I had in my T71 stock.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-08-11, 07:51   Link #9119
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Meh . kimi use gold all the time so he won't complain on lack of pen. All T7 med is underpowered in general. Above T7. Alpha > DPM since enemy know how to use cover. Well maybe. While comet may have better armour it also slower than crom and the armour still paper thin. I have no problem fighting it with my hellcat. Not saying it bad tank. But certainly not OP.
Just test around my bat in training room. It so cute <3. Killing TOG in one salvo feel so good. Thought is kinda annoying when t1 tank can kill you. It took them 1 minute thought but still. Won't play it until I know what I am doing with this for 100% also I need the top gun. So yeah probably 1 month. No matter my dream is crushed while ago anyway. I know I cannot play with him in t10 . sigh, in mean time I keep 13 90 for up coming light event. Hopefully get some gold and training my bat crew.
To much playing us tank make me depress. Is time for me to play tank without depression. IS-2 here I come!

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 07:57   Link #9120
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Meh . kimi use gold all the time so he won't complain on lack of pen. All T7 med is underpowered in general. Above T7. Alpha > DPM since enemy know how to use cover. Well maybe. While comet may have better armour it also slower than crom and the armour still paper thin. I have no problem fighting it with my hellcat. Not saying it bad tank. But certainly not OP.
most tank not OP when bad pub playing it, not even M4 derp of the golden age.

take T49 as an example, most pub die easy in it by derp into the very front line with its poor armor and HP, but when in the right hand it one of the most OP t5 tank with that gun, speed and camo.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks