AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-09, 19:16   Link #1
Omniscient

Good PS2 RPG Recommendations?

I'm looking for a good PS2 RPG. Something with good graphics, so fairly recent (last few years). I've played the Final Fantasy series, Xenosaga Ep. 1, Suikoden III and Kingdom Hearts. I'm looking for something along those lines. Any suggestions?
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 20:24   Link #2
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
I can recommend Dark Cloud 2 if you like Zelda kind of gameplay(action, weapon making and dungeon crawling with very good cel-shaded graphics).

Grandia 2. The graphics might not be fantastic but the battle system and gameplay for this game is superb. The characters are also likeable and the plot is very enjoyable to follow.

Shadow Hearts. Gritty tale of death and deception with original characters and pretty cool gameplay elements. The 2nd one comes out september with improved graphics and gamesplay. Now's a good time to play this one.

Wild Arms 3, cel shaded graphics pretty standard gameplay. If you're a fan of old style rpgs this one's for you.

I also enjoyed Disgaea greatly but the graphics is old school so you might not like it.

I'm currently looking forward to the release of these rpgs in the coming monthes as well...

Front Mission 4,
Shadow Hearts 2,
Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time Director's Cut,
MegaMan X:Command Mission(the blue bomber in his first rpg!),
Suikoden 4,
Ys VI,
Growlancer Generations Deluxe(It's 90 beans for a crazy set!).

That should cover my rpg needs for the rest of 2004 . Although I'll only have enough time and will power to finish 2-3 of those, I still gotta have em
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 20:44   Link #3
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Dark Cloud 2 is awesome. You just can't hat eit, so much to do

Disgea. Final Fantasy tactics on crack. Nuff said.

Xenosaga. Don't have to have played xenogears to play it. It's pretty good, but might have too many cut scenes for some people.

Breath of fire: Dragaon quarter. Only if you like strategy type rpg's. It's very dark and cool, I loved it.

plenty more, but I'm so lazy.....
Old 2004-05-09, 22:04   Link #4
Ragnarok6502
the apocolips comes

well i would recomend Star Ocean 3 but because of all the DANG DELAYS!!!!!!! i cant but is sopost to come out in america in august
Ragnarok6502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 01:08   Link #5
Omniscient

Yea, I'm looking forward to Star Ocean 3 too, but since it's not out yet, I'm having to settle for something else....
Some good suggestions, any others?
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 19:05   Link #6
Oblodra
High Priest of Cheese

kingdom hearts? its really good... if u wanna play rpgs, the computer & xbox generally have better choices. japanese rpgs tend to be linear, with capital letters. but kingdom hearts is nice... i havnt played it, but everyones telling me xenosaga. wonder if its a conspiracy... dunno if zone of enders 2 is an rpg, but well, action rpg i guess...
Oblodra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 22:22   Link #7
mah_damey

dark cloud 2 is a lot like kingdom hearts, n its pretty fun too, its a good choice
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 00:11   Link #8
CardCaptorMoody
Dictator of the World

Location: Canada, In my basement playing DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION
Definatly try out the dot.hack series. It is a MMORPG simulator (hehehe). Right now i am just on dot.hack//infection and it is turning out to be a good game. There are four games to the series infection, mutation, outbreak and quarentien. Another good thing about this game is that i comes with a DVD video of dot.hack//Liminality. I am not sure if this was just the Walmart that i got it from... but it should be pritty cheap. I got mine for $24 (CND), however when you add it up (all four volumes) you end up paying lots... but then again you also get lots (4 video DVDs and a VERY long game). At least get dot.hack//infection and see if you like it... if not you can always stop there.
CardCaptorMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 22:21   Link #9
Final

Grandia 2 if you didn't play it on Dreamcast... Grandia Xtreme sucked though.
Disgaea is dope is you like stategy rpgs.
Wild Guns I rented and thought was fun.
Final is offline   Reply With Quote