AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-06, 01:16   Link #181
Saerianne
*cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
You didn't sound harsh at all.
Anyway, as Jan-Poo said earlier, we don't know how many people will be present on the island in the next-game. Beato can still say this time there are 18 people on the island and that'll make room for this character. But we won't know until we play the game.
Haha.
I'm still curious as to whether this is a Question or Answer arc with this new addition. You'd think it would be the answer arc for ep 1, seeing as though Beato is talking to Natsuhi, but this addition of new people makes it interesting. I wonder if it could be a mixture of both? XD
Saerianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 01:19   Link #182
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Anyway, as Jan-Poo said earlier, we don't know how many people will be present on the island in the next-game. Beato can still say this time there are 18 people on the island and that'll make room for this character. But we won't know until we play the game.
Indeed. I think the only confirmed rule we've had for previous Episodes is that Kinzo is dead by the start of the events of October 4th. Who knows if that will apply to Episode 5, but based on how Ryukushi had very specific events that occured in each 'world' of Hinamizawa, we could probably continue to speculate that Kinzo will be dead by Oct. 4th.
Freelii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 01:28   Link #183
Marion
The Great Dine

I'm pretty sure this is an answer arc, considering it's now "When They Cry 4" and not 3.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 01:31   Link #184
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

In short, this 18th person X does not exist!! This applies to all games!!!

I don't think they'll violate this red text. If you think of it, no red text has been violated yet.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 01:34   Link #185
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post

I don't think they'll violate this red text. If you think of it, no red text has been violated yet.
But does it apply to future games? That red text can be read as 'all games' meaning 'all 4 games that have concluded'.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:35   Link #186
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:

The point is: when it says all games is it talking about all the games up till the current, or even the future ones?

[edit]Marion beat me on time.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 01:39   Link #187
chronotrig

Quote:

Just something to point out about the Japanese here...and also the English, although it doesn't translate perfectly.

This '18th person X' doesn't have to be a single, specific person. By the strictest definition, all this line means is that there will never be 18 people on the island at any point in time. In other words, there's no one you could call 'the 18th person on the island' because there are only 17 there.

In other words, if someone has died or left the island, someone else could then enter the island and the red wouldn't be violated, even if the 17 people we know were all on the island to start with (i.e. no Kanon=Shannon theory is needed).

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 01:42   Link #188
Yami Arisu
reach out to the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
After looking at it some more:

Spoiler for Portrait:
Thehe, I actually kinda like this thought.
Well, I wonder if the disappearance of the rose will ever be explained. That really bugs me. cough.

I haven't noticed at all that the crest is now flipped over. Maybe it indicates the missing part we had before, so to say "The Answers" to the questions. |D~
Yami Arisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 01:44   Link #189
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Just something to point out about the Japanese here...and also the English, although it doesn't translate perfectly.

This '18th person X' doesn't have to be a single, specific person. By the strictest definition, all this line means is that there will never be 18 people on the island at any point in time. In other words, there's no one you could call 'the 18th person on the island' because there are only 17 there.

In other words, if someone has died or left the island, someone else could then enter the island and the red wouldn't be violated, even if the 17 people we know were all on the island to start with (i.e. no Kanon=Shannon theory is needed).
So that means if this new girl is a real person then someone died on the island before she came on and therefore she replaced 17th person X. It does explain the creepy hand in the corner
Old 2009-07-06, 01:45   Link #190
Rei-Tenshi

The only way that she can't violate the No more than 17 people on this island rule is if she's a Meta-World/Fantasy char. I mean, every single person added after EP1 didn't add to the 18-person(Kinzo included) cast on Rokkenjima, why should this new character suddenly be any different?

Remember Eva-Beatrice? She had a portrait, but she didn't add to the count either. She's probably just like Virgilia or Gaap, representing somebody else on the game board.

OR Shannon=Kanon might be real and she's the 17th Person X.
Rei-Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 01:50   Link #191
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Tenshi View Post
The only way that she can't violate the No more than 17 people on this island rule is if she's a Meta-World/Fantasy char. I mean, every single person added after EP1 didn't add to the 18-person(Kinzo included) cast on Rokkenjima, why should this new character suddenly be any different?

Remember Eva-Beatrice? She had a portrait, but she didn't add to the count either. She's probably just like Virgilia or Gaap, representing somebody else on the game board.

OR Shannon=Kanon might be real and she's the 17th Person X.
Well Eva-Beatrice herself, in my opinion, can be just Eva's imagination completely. Technically we only see Eva-Beatrice in fantasy related scenarios and every time she killed someone Eva was normally sleeping or something.

Spoiler for EP 5 screenshots:
Old 2009-07-06, 01:55   Link #192
Mercurius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami Arisu View Post
Thehe, I actually kinda like this thought.
Well, I wonder if the disappearance of the rose will ever be explained. That really bugs me. cough.

I haven't noticed at all that the crest is now flipped over. Maybe it indicates the missing part we had before, so to say "The Answers" to the questions. |D~
I was always baffled at the significance of the rose disappearing, other than signaling that the "dark" side of the game was starting. Now I guess we will find out.

The crest being backwards was almost a flag for me that the picture was fake, but I too have come to see it as signifying the answer arc. And I'm still holding onto my suspicion that Kinzo's wife's family, or one of the other two rival families, are the bearers of the other wing, as that seems to lend some support to my theory that there's a bigger conflict beyond just within the Ushiromiya group.
Old 2009-07-06, 02:43   Link #193
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

The portrait is...

Spoiler:
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 02:49   Link #194
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

It's been said many times since first page though.

How about Asumu's "Senri"?
Old 2009-07-06, 02:52   Link #195
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
It's been said many times since first page though.

How about Asumu's "Senri"?
Elaborate, please.
Old 2009-07-06, 02:53   Link #196
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So I sleep and go to class and now there's a new thread with 10 pages? LOL.

Ok so out of sheer boredome I started making comparisons of the face of this new person with that of the assorted characters in the game. In my educated opinion her face shares structural similarities to the women of the Ushiromiya family, specifically the generation after Kinzo but, strangely enough, seems to also share some similarities to Beatrice as well...

For the relation to Beatrice, I notice mainly two points: Eye Color and Jaw Structure.

Unless I'm mistaken, they both have blue eyes. The new girl could potentially possess green eyes but the resolution isn't good enough for me to distinguish. Also, hair color does not always match eye color (green hair color is wtf?). Blue iris pigmentation is ridiculously rare in people of East Asian descent (like me) and is believed to be autosomal recessive (but is also influenced by genes in other loci). From a purely Mendelian interpretation, the Ushiromiya family being of Japanese descent would practically not have any genes that would allow the development of blue irises. The person would have to be from a family line possessing the gene for forming blue irises, and probably have to be homozygous for it.

For the jaw, jaw development into adulthood tends to center around the maxillary angles rather than the entire jaw itself. Usually the base of the jaw and the skull attachment shapes remain the same, while the angles widen into adulthood. If you compare, the pointedness of their jaw bases and the curvature of the maxillary joints up to the angles are very similar, however Beatrice's jaws are wider around the angles than our new girl. There is a good possibility they share developmental similarities.

For the relation to the Ushiromiya Family I need to use a portrait of Eva-Beatrice for this for better comparisons, can anyone link me to one?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 02:56   Link #197
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2009-07-06, 03:15   Link #198
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Interesting.

Senri can also be written as 泉里, if we want to use the same "ri" in Maria's name, and if we want to use the "sen" (泉) that kind of looks like a rose.
However, it'd be weird if she didn't have a western name, don't you think? Senri doesn't exactly sound western to me...
Old 2009-07-06, 03:59   Link #199
Coruja

Rofl, maybe she's got something to do with Rosa...

I mean, her outfit's full of roses... And rosa means rose in a lot of languages (mine, at least). xD

/random

I'm excited though. I hope there are some new male characters, too.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 04:57   Link #200
Risa chan
Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Still not totally convinced that it's all real, but here are the translations for the pictures anyway.
Spoiler for EP5 spoilers?:
Maybe was it already asked. But isn't Lambda who is talking? (Looking at the screen shot)