AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-11-29, 20:23   Link #721
GDB

I'm not crying, you're crying!

Seriously though, part 4 hit the feels hard. I actually felt the emotion and it felt like the actors/actresses weren't just acting.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 12:03   Link #722
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't know the actor was leaving so I was quite shocked by that character's death. I wasn't expecting anybody to die in this cross-over. That was a really good death, too. Very emotional.

No explanation regarding Thawne's return, and Barry just letting him go was incredibly stupid. I've come to accept that Barry doesn't kill people (even though he killed several villains in the first two seasons), but as Wandering Soul said, he could have just thrown him into a cell. It would have taken him what, a few minutes? His teammates were strong enough to handle themselves without him in the meantime.

Speaking of Thawne, did he confirm Superman exists on Earth 1? Or was he talking about the Superman from Supergirl's Earth?
Old 2017-11-30, 17:41   Link #723
GDB

Thawne can clearly go to other worlds, so I'd assume Supergirl's Earth.

As for the cell, didn't Barry break out of it at the beginning of the season? If he can do it, Thawne can do it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 09:50   Link #724
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
As for the cell, didn't Barry break out of it at the beginning of the season? If he can do it, Thawne can do it.
Honestly, I can't remember if Joe opened the cell or if Barry broke out of it. Either way, Thawne has been imprisoned several times throughout the series and I don't remember him breaking out, he even stayed stuck in a makeshift cell for months during Flashpoint.
Old 2018-04-18, 07:44   Link #725
Twi

So, this Season Barry's team is just getting screwed. I mean, in the last episode they lost every Bus Meta including Ralph (because Barry said no killing a guy who has a huge body count), depowered Caitlin, dumbed down Harry, and Cisco can't use his breaches easily.
Old 2018-04-18, 11:11   Link #726
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Those "no killing" speeches are getting more and more annoying. At least there were heavy consequences this time. I liked Ralph though, so that sucks.
Old 2018-04-18, 11:20   Link #727
Twi

It was just stupid considering that Barry was talking about how people with their abilities have the means of finding another way, but Devoe had more powers than them and had shown that he was too dangerous to contain.

That and they've killed the Big Bad in every season so far, so it rings hollow.
Old 2018-04-18, 11:29   Link #728
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
So, this Season Barry's team is just getting screwed. I mean, in the last episode they lost every Bus Meta including Ralph (because Barry said no killing a guy who has a huge body count), depowered Caitlin, dumbed down Harry, and Cisco can't use his breaches easily.
Don't worry, Barry will also get depowered and dumbed down (again/more so then usual) and the series lord and saviour Iris will outthink the Thinker for Barry while telling him to just run faster because "We are the Flash", she takes care of the thinking part while he does the running.

I wouldn't worry about Cisco, he still has his create a theoretically impossible deus ex machina in a few hours ability, he will be just fine.
Old 2018-04-18, 15:41   Link #729
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty much done with this season (not that the whole "Barry in prison" sub-plot and my focus on Smackdown these past two weeks over The Flash helped matters).
Old 2018-04-19, 12:28   Link #730
Twi

There's still like 4-5 episodes too. I think they blew the big part early since it means they have to put in filler. It's not like Devoe is really even going to go after the Bus Driver. He can't control his radiation and what good would that be for him even if he did?
Old 2018-05-25, 16:47   Link #731
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Anybody watched until the end? That was some Matrix Revolutions shit in the finale. I like Ralph so I'm not unhappy he's back, but I never really liked it when a show brings dead characters back to life. Although I guess he technically never died. I don't get why he doesn't have Devoe's other powers though. Maybe he simply doesn't know how to use them, but I'm pretty sure that's something that will be ignored because he would become way too powerful.

The cliffhanger was pretty bad this time. I suppose you could say it was in line with the rest of the season, which was the worst so far. It got really repetitive after a while. Find the bus meta of the week, fail to protect them. Rinse and repeat. Devoe always being a hundred step ahead of them got really boring.

They seem to have written off Harry. Is Tom Cavanagh leaving the show or do they want to introduce yet another Wells?
Old 2018-05-25, 19:29   Link #732
Wandering Soul

Arrow season 4 was pretty bad, so I guess it's somehow fitting that Flash season 4 share the same fate.

Honestly this season serves as reminder why some of these superheroes show should abandon the whole "One major villain per season" thing. It just results in episodes that feel like they serve no purpose but to drag things out and have certain plot lines go on for far too long. Just break the season up into mini arcs leading up to one major one.

While I'm glad that they moved away from having a speedster villain, I guess another problem I had with this season is that Devoe was boring. The only time he was remotely interesting was during that drama with him drugging his wife.

As for Ralph, he was alright, though I wished the writer gave him a more consistent personality that "whatever will butt heads with Barry this week".
Old 2018-05-26, 17:38   Link #733
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
While I'm glad that they moved away from having a speedster villain, I guess another problem I had with this season is that Devoe was boring. The only time he was remotely interesting was during that drama with him drugging his wife.
Personally, the biggest problem with Devoe is that, for someone who is supposed to be super genius, the series poorly handles this aspect and instead, like Devoe's master plan (which itself is dumb IMO), the writers basically wrote everyone else as idiots in order to make Devoe look like he's super smart.

Heck, if the police did actual investigation work, they probably would have found a number of holes with his plan to frame Barry Allen for his murder while he begins the first of many body thefts.
Old 2018-05-26, 18:53   Link #734
Chosen_Hero

Quick question... What happened to Malfoy's character from last season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Arrow season 4 was pretty bad, so I guess it's somehow fitting that Flash season 4 share the same fate.

Honestly this season serves as reminder why some of these superheroes show should abandon the whole "One major villain per season" thing. It just results in episodes that feel like they serve no purpose but to drag things out and have certain plot lines go on for far too long. Just break the season up into mini arcs leading up to one major one.

As for Ralph, he was alright, though I wished the writer gave him a more consistent personality that "whatever will butt heads with Barry this week".
Arrow this season moved into a more AoS format with each half of the season being two different villains that are somehow connected to each other which probably saved the season..

Sure, the first half is annoying but that is mostly because you don't agree with the rookies or Diggle, but the second half was actually pretty decent. In the second half the season found it's footing and now next season not only is
Spoiler for Arrow season finale:
The status quo has definitely changed unlike in The Flash which gets worse every season.
Old 2018-05-26, 21:38   Link #735
Twi

Malfroy left back to his hometown in-universe. Out of universe, I think he opted for a different show.
Old 2018-05-27, 17:30   Link #736
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Sure, the first half is annoying but that is mostly because you don't agree with the rookies or Diggle, but the second half was actually pretty decent. In the second half the season found it's footing.
We're going to have to agree to disagree on the second half being pretty decent as I found it pretty bad. The constant Team Not Arrow drama, Black Siren's character arc, and the fact that they introduced Diaz, who is the worse Arrow seasonal villain (anId possibly the worse Arrowverse villain in general) are just part of the problems that the second half had. It may not be the worse season, but it's down there for me.

Tags
the cw, the flash, time travel