AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-05-29, 20:55   Link #1
Galaxian

Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee

Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu & Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee have been announced for the Switch. They will come out November 16 and will interact with Pokemon Go.

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 21:51   Link #2
MCAL

Should probably remind people this ISN'T Gen 8. That's coming out the second half of 2019.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 22:19   Link #3
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Should probably remind people this ISN'T Gen 8. That's coming out the second half of 2019.
I wouldn't be surprise if the "special" Pokemon mentioned at the end turns out to be from Gen 8 though.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 22:44   Link #4
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

The Pokemon Twitter confirmed it's a brand new Pokemon, so yeah, a generation 8 one. So this is basically gen 7.5 that's meant as a way to get the Pokemon GO players into the main series. I really hate the catching mechanics in GO, but I'll still probably get this. Although I have to say that I'm disappointed that it's still being sold in versions, but now at full price. They really can't get away with any enhanced version releases at this point.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 23:19   Link #5
Keila

Preview was pretty much as expected.

If they ever do get around to making a BotW style Pokemon game though (like some people have been hoping) I'm fairly sure the internet would break.
Old 2018-05-29, 23:20   Link #6
alex_drian

Yeah, is shit.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 23:29   Link #7
Chosen_Hero

I'll just wait until the real mainline Pokémon games release, at least now the genwunners can just play this instead of bitching about the new games.... Who am I kidding, they will still complain either way.
Old 2018-05-30, 00:26   Link #8
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Rumor has it that it's Eevee's normal type evolution and that it will appear in the second of the anniversary trilogy, the one with Lugia and Zeraora, there, I probably saved you like 50$
Old 2018-05-30, 02:30   Link #9
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Dang, I was hoping for more real-proportion characters like in Pokemon Battle Revolution...
And of course, the commentator. (MORRRROHA NO DUSUKI GA SAKURETSU!!!!)
Yeah, that would motivate me to play online so much.

Anyways, I will take a look at it. Still needs more information.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 02:50   Link #10
zeross87

I came here to rent then seen comments it is not the gen 8 Pokémon but a side game and I’m thankful I don’t have to throw my switch at the wall !
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 11:27   Link #11
shadow1296

Well i will likely buy it do to wanting a remake of pokemon yellow for years now and this is probably the closest we will get, still not happy about the go intergration
Old 2018-05-30, 16:31   Link #12
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
So this is basically gen 7.5 that's meant as a way to get the Pokemon GO players into the main series.
That and those gamers who, while familiar with the Pokemon franchise, haven't played the handheld games (for instance, I can so see me probably or my older brother picking this up as an Xmas gift for my niece, who, while familiar with the franchise due to the card game, only has a Switch when it comes to portable gaming).
Old 2018-05-30, 17:06   Link #13
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Rumor has it that it's Eevee's normal type evolution and that it will appear in the second of the anniversary trilogy, the one with Lugia and Zeraora, there, I probably saved you like 50$
Eevee evolution in a game that doesn't allow you to evolve the starting Eevee?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 22:36   Link #14
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Eevee evolution in a game that doesn't allow you to evolve the starting Eevee?
Whatever they have to do to advertise going to watch that movie. I don't question it, just enjoy the latest eeveelution or don't.
Old 2018-05-31, 15:30   Link #15
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So, it's a Generation 1 remake?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 15:36   Link #16
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

It's a remake of Yellow, but as a side game instead of a main game. The main two reasons they made it obviously are to get new people into the series, especially the GO crowd, and to finally get a playable game on the Switch, since they won't rush gen 8.
Old 2018-05-31, 16:46   Link #17
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Could also be a way of opening up for remakes of the "third entry" games. This is a remake of Yellow, perhaps we can expect remakes of Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum.
Old 2018-05-31, 16:56   Link #18
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

God, I'd kill for an Emerald and Platinum remake. ORAS had no right to leave out everything Emerald added.
Old 2018-05-31, 22:23   Link #19
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
Preview was pretty much as expected.

If they ever do get around to making a BotW style Pokemon game though (like some people have been hoping) I'm fairly sure the internet would break.
The Pokemon Company would break first.

There are over 800 Pokemon at this point. Just the modeling work alone would years. It's physically impossible.

Even if you limited the roster to just the initial 151 Pokemon, that's still at least ten times more models than what BoTW had.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 03:26   Link #20
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
It's a remake of Yellow, but as a side game instead of a main game. The main two reasons they made it obviously are to get new people into the series, especially the GO crowd, and to finally get a playable game on the Switch, since they won't rush gen 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Could also be a way of opening up for remakes of the "third entry" games. This is a remake of Yellow, perhaps we can expect remakes of Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum.
Yellow was not the third entry of gen 1, that was Blue version. As a matter of fact, the Pokémon Red that released in the west is just a modded Pokémon Blue since that was the game with the improvements (the original japanese red and green were... for lack of a better word, not ideal).

Yellow version was just a promotion for the anime and is NOT part of the main series/universe. So this being the spin off makes complete and total sense.