AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-06-09, 16:44   Link #61
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Actually, I am sure he had another way, but gave up on it.

It turns out the only background element of Kushina (she comes from a former village) plays no role and there is absolutely no reason why we weren't told she died alongside Minato by Jiraiya and Tsunade.

So obviously, this is not what Kishi planned initially.
He is giving her one or two irrelevant chapters because Naruto's background has to be revealed, yet he decided it was not worth expanding up.
Ya i can see that...
I mean what exactly is the significance of her coming from another country? Would her back story be even in the slightest different if she was just a native of kohona? it is probably too soon to tell, but so far it seems like it may be and that there might have been more potential that was lost...

Like say, somehow whirlpool being very important in kohona's history and then relevant to the plot... requiring a naruto to go there and learn about his mother THEN.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 17:33   Link #62
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

its kinda cool how naruto is alil bit of both sides from his mother and father. He gets his explosive temper from his mother yet he has a cool-headed tactical take when he's in battle like his father. Well ok he's more like his mother but still I think its good.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 17:44   Link #63
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Shhhhhhh Ulquiorra, or the NarutoxHinata fans are going to hunt you down and make you watch the twins from Ouran High School Host Club for hours on end until you change your mind. Or just kill you. I'd personally choose death if given the option.
nothing compared to the NarutoxSakura fans would do.. and dont get me started on NarutoxSasuke fans

the lesson here.. the other fans are just as bad.
Old 2010-06-09, 18:02   Link #64
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
-Because he takes after his mother in personality but with some of his father's looks. Unfortunately, not many women appreciate the whole "hot-headed and stubborn" aspects of his personality. Of course, if he is following in mommy's footsteps, then chances are he'll grow up to be so..."bishonen" that women will faint at the sight of him.
It really has nothing to do with looks. In Naruto, to quote that great philosopher Kankuro, you have to be an elite guy.

- Sasuke. The best in everything in his class. The cool and elite guy the girls loved. There are still some girls who love this guy no matter what he does.
- Gaara. Basically hated and feared. Then defends Suna against Deidara and gives his life. All of a sudden Matsuri and some other girl want in his pants.
- Shikamaru. Lazy guy with no ambition. Kicks an Akatsuki member's ass and avenges Asuma. Next thing you know some girl in glasses follows him around like a lovesick puppy.

Now look at Neji or a Kiba. Not bad looking guys either. Why don't girls care about them? Because they haven't done crap. Girls in Naruto wants guys who actually contribute to the plot.

Naruto is now a cool and elite guy after saving Konoha. So why aren't the girls after him with the exception of Hinata? Why did Karui treat him like crap? What gives? Maybe it's Sakura. No matter how awesome Naruto can be, Sakura will be there to knock him down a few pegs. Plus, maybe girls can sniff that Naruto is her territory and back away. But then I doubt Kishi cares about writing like that.
Old 2010-06-09, 18:19   Link #65
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
It really has nothing to do with looks. In Naruto, to quote that great philosopher Kankuro, you have to be an elite guy.

Naruto is now a cool and elite guy after saving Konoha. So why aren't the girls after him with the exception of Hinata? Why did Karui treat him like crap? What gives? Maybe it's Sakura. No matter how awesome Naruto can be, Sakura will be there to knock him down a few pegs. Plus, maybe girls can sniff that Naruto is her territory and back away. But then I doubt Kishi cares about writing like that.
-I don't understand this. The man fights to his teeth, beats what was arguably one of the strongest beings in the Narutoverse and added to that he fears almost nothing. So why are the women not placing him on a throne, dressed in traditional harem outfits, fanning him and feeding him grapes? Does he have to deafeat both Sasuke and Madara with a blindfold and a hand tied behind his back before he even receives a peck on the cheek from a distressed damsel de jour? Even if the other women could sense that he's "Sakura's territory" that should matter little as Sakura herself has done crap-all since her 1 fight with Sasori. Besides, its several women vs. 1 crappy Sakura, so I'm pretty sure they can take her. And its not like Sakura has any chance with Naruto anymore after that whole "I'm a lying liar who lies" confeassion of hers.
Old 2010-06-09, 18:47   Link #66
james0246

Here's some more info:

Quote:
-Naruto is confronted by a red-haired woman. Not knowing who she is, he assumes she is the Kyuubi's true form . Kushina laughs at Naruto's assumption, causing Naruto to comment that her laugh is "barbaric". She, of course, pummels him a little...
-Kushina explains that Minato inserted some of her chakra into the Seal design specifically for the time when Naruto starts training to directly control the Kyuubi. So, the Minato-image was there to reseal the Kyuubi if it is about to escape, and the Kushina-image is there to help Naruto learn to control the Kyuubi. (Essentially the same reason Minato existed in Naruto's tummy).
-Naruto is overjoyed to see his mother. Crying, he talks about how pretty she is...he says he wishes he had hair like hers...
Important to note, Kushina is not said to be dead. Her chakra was inserted into the seal, but there is (so far) no mention of her actually dying...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 19:03   Link #67
NoLongerSane

Just read 498. Really enjoyed the start of the chapter.
Spoiler for 498:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 19:11   Link #68
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Just read 498. Really enjoyed the start of the chapter.
Spoiler for 498:
I almost fell for that too. I thought Kishi got creative and stuff. lol. This is a good chapter though. Nice and sweet, glad he could talk to his mother more than his father.

I think the fox attacked after Naruto was born, maybe a few days later even.
Old 2010-06-09, 19:25   Link #69
iBeast

Quote:
-I don't understand this. The man fights to his teeth, beats what was arguably one of the strongest beings in the Narutoverse and added to that he fears almost nothing. So why are the women not placing him on a throne, dressed in traditional harem outfits, fanning him and feeding him grapes? Does he have to deafeat both Sasuke and Madara with a blindfold and a hand tied behind his back before he even receives a peck on the cheek from a distressed damsel de jour? Even if the other women could sense that he's "Sakura's territory" that should matter little as Sakura herself has done crap-all since her 1 fight with Sasori. Besides, its several women vs. 1 crappy Sakura, so I'm pretty sure they can take her. And its not like Sakura has any chance with Naruto anymore after that whole "I'm a lying liar who lies" confeassion of hers.
Naruto just doesn't have that "ELITE" attitude. Why would anyone think Naruto is ELITE when he himself doesn't think so? At least what they can gather from his body language and attitude...dude is just uncool.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 19:53   Link #70
Crimson Reaper

It's offical, Kushina is freakin' awesome!! From her 'NO YOU!' punch to her embarrassed little incline of her head with a grin. Kishi is clearly showing what Naruto inherited from her. Fortunately he didn't get the hair colour or style he was picturing...Good God he has no taste.

Plus her chakra creates chains that make the Kyuubi even more of a whipped bitch then before!! But even she got a nickname whilst poor Naruto still doesn't even after defeating a 'God' like ninja. And is it me or was the outfit Minato was wearing vaguely jump suit like?

But really Naruto? The Orange Hokage? Get the Hell out of your own manga right now! But I'm more curious about Kushina's special chakra. It's waaaaaaay too late for someone to say to Naruto "Oh by the way you were born with the ability/from a clan/to wield this weapon" type of situation. Naruto isn't from a clan, doesn't have a bloodline and has no real inheritable weapon/fighting style. I hope Kishi doesn't try and bullshit that kinda thing in at this stage.

Looking foward to the next couple of chapters regardless even if it is just mostly talking.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 20:23   Link #71
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

kushina has red hair, nagato has red hair, could it be... naruto is gonna inherit the eyes...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 20:25   Link #72
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Don't count out the blood line limit just yet...So far we've seen a few, and some of them had to be activated..question is what if it's something that he had to be taught to use? maybe he had it all alone but didn't know how to use it? Seeing that charka comes from the body and the body came from father and mother. I don't see why wouldn't he get her charka as well? After all, kumo tried to kidnap her didn't they?
Comon, you gotta give naruto something significant other than some huge charka so he could actually fight against those sharingan hacks.
It aint gonna be nagato's, that's for sure. Totally different style. Nagato plays keep away while naruto's the in your face type. besides, nagato's hack's too powerful to stack ontop of kyubi and sage mode.
Old 2010-06-09, 20:46   Link #73
ElricKeyblade

Just read the chapter, and I had to say "Awwww..." when Naruto embraced his mom. *sniffles* :')

I also loved the part when Kushina's background was explained. It was like Kishimoto was thinking of his fans right when Naruto said, "There's always something I wanted to know- how did you and Dad fall in love?" I almost squealed with delight. 8D

And when Kushina explained the moment she fell for Minato, it was too sweet for words. *_* (Especially when one is listening to "According to You" at the same time.)

I wonder if Kishimoto reads ff.net though...because I remember seeing a "Kushina is the nine-tails fox" story before. Heh, it was still funny that Naruto came to same conclusion that several fans were considering last week. XD

Laterz~
Old 2010-06-09, 21:31   Link #74
Alchemist007
*Author

That'd actually be one hell of a story twist. Minato falls for hot girl, hot girl turns out to be 9 tails. Can't resist them tails!
Old 2010-06-09, 21:49   Link #75
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Really good chapter. Thought it went through Kushina's backstory wonderfully.
Old 2010-06-09, 22:08   Link #76
Alchemist007
*Author

Now I really hope they're not really dead just for the sake of sealing. One time only visits would be a major heartbreaker. I don't recall what types of seals other Jinchuuriki's had used on them (non-sacrificial?), but either way maybe if/when the Kyuubi departs from Naruto, it will release his parents too? Here's hoping.
Old 2010-06-09, 22:13   Link #77
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Here's some more info:

Important to note, Kushina is not said to be dead. Her chakra was inserted into the seal, but there is (so far) no mention of her actually dying...
She's dead, Jim...

True. It's not outright stated, but I think we know where it's going. Kushina dies with Minato. Having Kushina alive would mean that Naruto's basically faced with a tacked on sidequest to find where she is and save her. On the verge of the 4th shinobi war, that would be difficult to mesh in with the rest of the story.

Then again, wouldn't it be freaky if Kushina is who Kabuto had in his mystery coffin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Eh? I've always thought it was pretty obvious being strong alone doesn't get you laid in this series.

-Jiraiya: one of the legendary Sannin, sensei of the 4th hokage and he couldn't even get a date with Tsunade. She she hooks up with pretty-boy Dan instead

-Kakashi: an elite jounin whose name is known in virtually every village, he's next in line for Hokage. When's the last time a woman even looked his way since Rin?

- Yamato: Nice guy. Strong. Rare, one-of-a-kind power. No apparent love life.

-Gai: Well, his case is kind of understandable

Meanwhile, you had average, so-so Asuma with the beautiful Kurenai and H1N1 patient Hayate with ANBU babe Uzuki.

Though if you think about it, all the guys who got the girl were killed, so it seems Kishimoto has a thing for making all his established relationships end tragically.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 22:20   Link #78
Slayerx

It's not a bad flashback, but i am incredibly distracted by what horrible timing

-last week epic battle for control of some of the most powerful chakra that could result in giving naruto the power he needs to save the world or result in his own destruction!!!!
-this week, epic battle is put into time out for a completely irrelevant mother/son story

Not to mention, i'd imagine that Naruto's first question would be "what happened to you" (he knew the 4th died sealing the kyuubi but knew nothing of kushina)... I guess one thing that bugs me about this is the fact that Naruto has NEVER shown much curiosity about who is parents were... i would think that if he really was this curious about his parents, after he met with minato, i would think that he would want to ask someone like kakashi or tsunade if they knew anything about his parents and pull the info from them... Hell one thing i've been wondering that has gone unanswered is why no one told naruto anything; no one has yet to give reason as to why it was a big secret to naruto; frankly it makes me think Kishi couldn't think of one

Kishi really does seem like he's going through a "what to do before the manga finishes" check list

and i still don't care much for kushina... that hot-headed punch actually seemed out of character given the rest of her rather sweet kind personality... i'd rather her character better reflected that hot-headed self; her personality would seem more colorful that way

Last edited by Slayerx; 2010-06-09 at 22:32.
Old 2010-06-09, 22:26   Link #79
Fran~
floating away...

Minato saving Kushina from Kumo = Naruto saving Sakura from Sasuke.

you can say everything you want, but as Kushina pointed out, for a girl to be rescued can be a reason to fall in love.

BTW, Kumo = Rocket team... they were for Hinata, failed, they were for Kushina, failed again
Old 2010-06-09, 22:35   Link #80
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Minato saving Kushina from Kumo = Naruto saving Sakura from Sasuke.

you can say everything you want, but as Kushina pointed out, for a girl to be rescued can be a reason to fall in love.

BTW, Kumo = Rocket team... they were for Hinata, failed, they were for Kushina, failed again
And now i can picture that girl and guy pair that were Bee's students in team rocket outfits... all they need is some kind of small summoned ninja cat to say "moewth that's right"

Tags
weekly chapter discussion