AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-05-30, 03:25   Link #1
nukunuku
cat+android=catgirl!

How to draw anime hair?

i cant find any webpage or any manga drawing book that tells you how to draw anime hair. how do you draw anime hair? when i try i cant get it exactly the way i wanted it to look. there is a secret but the people who really know how to draw wont tell you. i learned the secret to legs and now i need to know how to draw hair. ive studied many manga and even hentai(cuz its easier to find online its everywhere) art but cant get it exactly. does anyone know any websites that explain it. ive heard all about gravity and making braids and all thats not what i wanna know. if u look at american comics and japanese manga you can see a difference. i just wanna know how to draw in general. so anyone know any websites that tell you how or cna post some good reference material? dont say any mean things im just searching for answers that i cant find.
nukunuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 18:44   Link #2
gizmo
Monenenenee!

I've got one that has pretty good hair, here:

I've done this one with a sharp and hard pencil (H2) and scratched lines, many lines and together they form the hair.
gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 18:54   Link #3
mah_damey

um.. use quick strokes instead of pressing down on it... dont make it like.. thick.. you know?.. like.. make it light n quik.. thats all i can say.
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 22:23   Link #4
nukunuku
cat+android=catgirl!

thanks for the help but thats not what i was asking for, nice picture though, very spiffy.
Old 2004-05-31, 00:13   Link #6
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

anime hair has shape, but at the same time it's wispy, so draw quick, thin lines to form a shape (don't sketch out the shape first or you'll get a blocky look.
Hair is a lot about your own imagination, and it's the only thing i'm good at ;_; probably because of the lack of distinct shape...
of course, using my method, long hair can be kind of simple, but short hair can be a bit more complicated (since short hair/guys hair tends to have a lot more shape to it)
of course, you don't have to listen to me...the only things i can draw are eyes and hair (PERIOD, not just anime/manga style)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 19:50   Link #7
nukunuku
cat+android=catgirl!

hmmmm. interesting...maybe if i could post some of my art it would help, but im poor and dont have a scanner >_< so i'll use paint and form some crap until i can find a scanner.(how do i post pictures?)
Old 2004-06-01, 01:13   Link #8
Demon_Spawn67
Kain

i just ussua;;y draw a line like teh spin of eth hair tehn i make my strabnds follow taht in a shape... once i get my scanner working i will post..
Demon_Spawn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 01:21   Link #9
nukunuku
cat+android=catgirl!

how do i post a picture? theres this post picture button next to the font thing and it brings up this thing where you type in a link...what am i suppose to put? i wanna post a picture.
Old 2004-06-01, 09:31   Link #10
gizmo
Monenenenee!

you first need a host to upload the picture to, for example Lycos. Then you can post the adres in your post, and it wil link the picture from the host to this site.
Old 2004-06-01, 21:53   Link #11
nukunuku
cat+android=catgirl!

oh i need a website? well i guess i cant show my art but whatever ill try and figure it out on my own.
Old 2004-06-02, 13:03   Link #12
Demon_Spawn67
Kain

naw dude just sign up with a free site liek www.Deviantart.com or www.uploadit.com ((though i say go with DA its better uploadit gave me a pain...))
Demon_Spawn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 14:10   Link #13
gizmo
Monenenenee!

not a website, a HOST. webspace to upload your pics to. But Deviantart is a Host that can host your pics to HIS website, quite usefull too!
Old 2004-06-02, 23:20   Link #14
nukunuku
cat+android=catgirl!

me gonna try!
Old 2004-06-03, 00:21   Link #15
project_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
I've got one that has pretty good hair, here:

I've done this one with a sharp and hard pencil (H2) and scratched lines, many lines and together they form the hair.
I don't think that is pretty good hair, to be honest.
project_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 01:44   Link #16
123Hamster
Hamster

well I don't think I am one of the people who "really knows how to draw" as I hold no secret to drawing hair :P...... but I can tell you the very least that anime doesn't have one type or style of hair. You have to be able to tell the difference between the styles and figure out which one of them you want to learn first. You would also need to draw hair with one stroke.

Project 00: wow :O
123Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 03:39   Link #17
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Send a message via AIM to get_a_life
dude what are you doing? just copy your favorite characters or artist's style. theres no shame in copying. just dont post up copied works. after while when you dont use them as references, you'll develop a natural feel for hair. yeah. thats the best way bc you develop your own style and method rather than reading a freaking tutorial. tutorials are for n00bs. just kidding. they help alot but i highly suggest you just experiment with copying and then mix and matching. eventually you'll memorize hair styles and wont have to develop "a secret technique." hair drawing no jutsu... *rolls eyes*

i hope that helped.

if you like hair styles, check out <b>Range Murata</b>. he's the man. oh okay and <b>Taka Tony</b>. may be <b>Oh! Great</b> too.
get_a_life is offline   Reply With Quote