AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-03, 09:55   Link #1261
ookamigirl

Killua and Gon continue to practice Nen.
Gon vs Gido -> again.
This time it was really short fight.
Killua vs Riehlvelt.
That was a pretty cool fight.
Gon & Killua have grown so much in strength. It's just amazing.
Wow! Even Hisoka acknowledged them as suitable opponents!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 15:44   Link #1262
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Not surprised how Gon won in the end with both his matches, he's not ruthless enough to take them out. Oh man time for Gon to fight Hisoka, can't wait.
Old 2012-06-03, 16:16   Link #1263
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not ruthless enough?? He broke both Riehlvelt's arms and knocked him unconscious with pure terror. He also messed up Gido badly enough that he skipped his next match. That was about as pissed off as I've ever seen him.

I've never seen any reason to suspect Gon is the sort of person that would kill an opponent when it wasn't necessary to do so. That's not just ruthless, it's psychotic. Even Killua is trying to change that about himself, and not kill unless it's absolutely necessary - I think we saw that the last two episodes.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 16:48   Link #1264
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Killua's definition of "absolutely necessary" tends to be a tad loose though.

What I like most about this episode is Gon's fights, and how it shows he's not just the idiot hero who only wins through plot armor and opponents underestimating him. He was actually using tactics and thinking up strategies even when he wasn't fighting.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 17:24   Link #1265
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Not ruthless enough?? He broke both Riehlvelt's arms and knocked him unconscious with pure terror. He also messed up Gido badly enough that he skipped his next match. That was about as pissed off as I've ever seen him.
Actually, I think Gido only needed a replacement leg. And possibly replacement underwear.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 17:26   Link #1266
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

But the point is, Killua is trying to tighten up that definition. Do you have any doubt the old Killua would have killed Sadaso, and maybe Gido and Riehlvelt too?

Killua is very willing to walk the dark path so Gon doesn't have to - the both of them are quite protective of each other, in their own way. But he's trying to be something more than a pitiless killing machine, partly for Gon's sake and partly for his own.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 17:31   Link #1267
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
But the point is, Killua is trying to tighten up that definition. Do you have any doubt the old Killua would have killed Sadaso, and maybe Gido and Riehlvelt too?

Killua is very willing to walk the dark path so Gon doesn't have to - the both of them are quite protective of each other, in their own way. But he's trying to be something more than a pitiless killing machine, partly for Gon's sake and partly for his own.
Agreed there, one of the reasons I like him. He doesn't pull the batman "only when really, really, really, really necessary" but still tries to limit it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:03   Link #1268
fanimanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Actually, I think Gido only needed a replacement leg. And possibly replacement underwear.
Replacing a prosthetic leg is not as simple as changing underwear.

The amount of rehabilitation Gido will have to do to "get use" to the new "leg" will take months. Not to mention he have to deal with the psychological damage of "losing" (a) limb AGAIN. That one is traumatic and not as "easy" as replacing a leg. If Gido ever wanted to fight again (highly doubt it), he will have a very hard time in getting over the devastation of losing his legs twice.

As for this episode. I like it. Gon's sadistic tendencies was shown to my satisfaction. "When he's in the zone, he loses sight of everything else" indeed.
fanimanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 20:32   Link #1269
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Agree that Gon can be pretty messed up at times. He certainly won and didn't kill anybody, but neither of his opponents are going to be fighting again any time soon. At least Killua's opponent was able to face Gon soon after . Of course in a sense nothing really surprising since Gon has had a strange feeling to him for some time. Curious to see where his character goes really.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:03   Link #1270
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanimanga View Post
Replacing a prosthetic leg is not as simple as changing underwear.

The amount of rehabilitation Gido will have to do to "get use" to the new "leg" will take months. Not to mention he have to deal with the psychological damage of "losing" (a) limb AGAIN. That one is traumatic and not as "easy" as replacing a leg. If Gido ever wanted to fight again (highly doubt it), he will have a very hard time in getting over the devastation of losing his legs twice.
It's simple peg. Not that hard.

But yeah, I think it's the psychological damage that's holding him back. That's why I added the bit about underwear.
Old 2012-06-04, 04:20   Link #1271
SHINOBI-03

SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 08:20   Link #1272
fanimanga

^ So there will be no HxH next week. Bummer.

Quote:
It's simple peg. Not that hard.

But yeah, I think it's the psychological damage that's holding him back. That's why I added the bit about underwear.
It's a "simple" peg that he used to stand on and walk. There is a reason why the announcer specifically said prosthetic leg. Just because it's a "peg" and not a "leg" it doesn't mean that the procedure he has to undergo is "more easy and simple" than any prosthetic patients.

Who am I kidding? This is just an anime/manga afterall so real life views and common sense are usually thrown out the window. HxH is for kids, right?
Old 2012-06-04, 09:15   Link #1273
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Also, magic. The reason he could fight on a peg (that's a solid metal bar, not one of those space age things we have now) is that he's a nen user. So, no, I don't expect the procedure to get another one to be much more time consuming than the procedure to reattach Hisoka's arms.
Old 2012-06-04, 12:49   Link #1274
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Is it a holiday or something? What the reason for post pone the Hunter x Hunter?
Old 2012-06-05, 00:45   Link #1275
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I think Killua is now officially my favourite character after the last couple episodes.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 17:00   Link #1276
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Finally watched the ep.

See, this is why you do not piss of Gon.

I won't deny that Killua is the scary one. However, Gon is the dangerous one. This main difference between the two will be showing more and more as the story progresses.

As can be seen from this episode, the kids have now learned Ren as well, and if I recognize my preview right, next episode will introduce the basics of Hatsu, which is much more complicated than Ten/Zetsu/Ren. Time to explain the meaning of this hexagonal symbol we've seen in the ED.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 22:47   Link #1277
fanimanga

Quote:
Also, magic. The reason he could fight on a peg (that's a solid metal bar, not one of those space age things we have now) is that he's a nen user. So, no, I don't expect the procedure to get another one to be much more time consuming than the procedure to reattach Hisoka's arms.
Hmm... you are right that the procedure for the replacement will not take that much time compared to the first one. I mistakenly always include the surgery and rehabilitation-after-surgery part on my estimation.

If money won't be an issue for ordering a customized prosthetic, then I guess it'll take a month for him to get the replacement and another 1 1/2 weeks for him to "get use" to his new body part (I used Gon's recovery period as a measuring stick). He will be physically ready to fight again by that time but it's a different matter if we talk about psychologically ready.

As for him being able to fight on a peg is not because he is a nen user. Even without the aid of nen, you can stand, walk and fight on a peg. More likely, he adapted his acquired disability to his affinity for the tops in order for him to continue fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Finally watched the ep.

See, this is why you do not piss of Gon.

I won't deny that Killua is the scary one. However, Gon is the dangerous one. This main difference between the two will be showing more and more as the story progresses.

As can be seen from this episode, the kids have now learned Ren as well, and if I recognize my preview right, next episode will introduce the basics of Hatsu, which is much more complicated than Ten/Zetsu/Ren. Time to explain the meaning of this hexagonal symbol we've seen in the ED.
+ 1

I give props for Gon for being charismatic enough that most fans remained blind on his viciousness (well, until the latest manga arc). I blame the cute face and the wide eyed look.... A beast indeed, Wing.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:45   Link #1278
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's only because I read the latest manga arc that I am now able to identify Gon's viciousness better, lol.
Old 2012-06-07, 16:04   Link #1279
SHINOBI-03

Did Hisoka use Texture Surprise to hide his wound here?

SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 18:46   Link #1280
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Probably, even though texture surprise doesn't work that way (unless he has an invisible handkerchief in his hand) but the old anime got a lot of things wrong in the early arcs.

Tags
action, shounen