AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-19, 21:53   Link #81
pampz21
ShipCore

I think this LN is like Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai, but rather romance its more like friendship kind of story,....beside I wanna see the delinquent girl or the teacher ending up with the MC.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 22:33   Link #82
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I feel that it's different.

In haganai you can feel that each characters are actually a good friend even when they don't say it. So more or less they never really delve upon the mental state of its characters who really don't have any friends. Their main focus was the club activity and the relationship of the club members..

For this LN though, the focus seems to be the state that MC is in. Even when they have club activity together, we can still say that they're not friends yet.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 02:17   Link #83
kobester11

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
i dont want romance between the 2 girls i want romance between hachiman and teacher
You'll see that a little bit later... XD
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 02:19   Link #84
waffler

^^ what ?! so they have romantic feelings for eachother??? :OOO
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 02:54   Link #85
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Finished volume 4:
Hachiman feels a lot more outgoing than before: I am rather surprised he took on a leadership role - well, at least he came up with the solution to fix the problem of the volume.

v3 and 4 demonstrated how Yukino and Hachiman share a different type of interaction when they are alone. Yukino is more willing to open up, is less aggressive, and just overall cuter.

I can see Komachi and Haruno being powerful catalysts to the Yukino/Hachiman ship.

Onto v5 I go!
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 08:33   Link #86
kobester11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Finished volume 4:
Hachiman feels a lot more outgoing than before: I am rather surprised he took on a leadership role - well, at least he came up with the solution to fix the problem of the volume.

v3 and 4 demonstrated how Yukino and Hachiman share a different type of interaction when they are alone. Yukino is more willing to open up, is less aggressive, and just overall cuter.

I can see Komachi and Haruno being powerful catalysts to the Yukino/Hachiman ship.

Onto v5 I go!

dude, short summaries >.< please...

sincerely,
fans
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 15:15   Link #87
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I might do some after the airing of the anime. At this stage I think you are just looking for spoilers to future episodes .

TBH nothing major really happens in the first 4 volumes, stuff like what you have already seen in the anime carries on and certain parts of the LN gives me a slice of life vibe. The comedy isn't necessary reaching out to me (there is really so much Hachiman x Saika I can tolerate - I would much rather see Hachiman and Yukino stuck in the same bed for whatever reason than seeing Saika share a bed with Hachiman and trying to wake him up in the morning with the classic "if you don't wake up I have no choice but to..." line) and I actually considered dropping this in favor of something else slightly more exciting.

This love come is indeed wrong as I expected -_-.

Given such, you can still ask specific questions though.

Side note:
author is borned in 1987, he is pretty young to own a franchise with its anime.
Old 2013-04-20, 18:18   Link #88
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
TBH nothing major really happens in the first 4 volumes, stuff like what you have already seen in the anime carries on and certain parts of the LN gives me a slice of life vibe.
This love come is indeed wrong as I expected -_-.

Given such, you can still ask specific questions though.

Side note:
author is borned in 1987, he is pretty young to own a franchise with its anime.
So what sort of "major" stuff are we talking about after the first four volumes?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 22:49   Link #89
pupung08

I'm also interested with hachiman's relationship with the teacher,i dont know where i can read the light novels translated. Can you provide some spoilers regarding the romance parts between the mc and the gals
pupung08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 00:58   Link #90
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Hachiman shares a student teacher relationship with the teacher. Sure, she drags him into all sorts of things like using his sister to trick Hachiman into volunteering for summer camp, and they also went out for ramen together out of coincidence... but for the most part it still a troubled student being victimized by a teacher who is still single in her 30s... (why would people actually expect something to spawn between the two?)

Character relationship is too complicated in the LN: you have more simplistic ones such as Yui obvious trying to hit on Hachiman, and more subtle ones such as one between Yukino and Hachiman where (as of mid-late v5, that's my current progress) there are clues/other little things but does not necessary point to a romantic interest.

Note that Hachiman still rejects xor does not get the hints Yui may have given him: he tries to keep his solitude.

The only obvious bidirectional relationship that keeps growing is still Hachiman and Saika...... which ofc will never bear any fruit but I guess is used for comedy. Sadly I am tired of Saika spending time alone with Hachiman without using him as a tool to build his relationship up with others (esp the girls).

Komachi is an obvious brocon. At first I thought she might be on the Yukino camp, but after what happened in v5 I think she only wants to give any girl a chance to get closer to her brother.

Haruno is an interesting character. I originally was attracted to her looks in an illustration (high class girl who is cheerful), but she comes off partially mischievous with a rather calculated attitude. Hachiman saw through her facade easily though and also understand her duty as the elder daughter of someone in a position of power. While Haruno likes to tease Hachiman and Yukino, I feel she acts as the other mouth of Yukino: giving us a look into Yukino's past and personal life...

When she saw Yui and Hachiman at the fireworks together, she mentioned
"......yukino-chan, isn't chosen again"
which may be a lead to some revelation in the future.

Either way, whether or not Hachiman like it, he has slowly been getting involved and changing the lives of people around him. These ties of friendship is something he still try to avoid and deny but I think eventually he must surrender his solitude and accept the existence of his high school friends.

Edit:
end of 5.6: seem like Yui was about to confess then her mother called... lol
I would like to see someone else confess and shatter Hachiman's shelter: his problem in the past was that he was oversensitive and thinks a girl likes him just because of friendly interaction: what if someone is serious in going out with him? He can no longer use those puny excuses.

I really like the start of 5.7 where Hachiman recalls everyone's opinion on Yukino.

The end of v5 is quite... thought inducing. The illustration makes the moment feel heartbreaking (they are just heading to different classrooms).

Love the cover of v6. Story seem to take a peek at the relationship between Yukino and Hachiman.

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2013-04-21 at 01:58.
Old 2013-04-21, 01:54   Link #91
waffler

^^^^ nonono stop lying !!! its not a student teacher relationship!!! lies!!!
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 02:10   Link #92
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

(I notice there are quite a few lurkers as I update my last post)
Why do you guys like Shizuka? She reminds me of the Chihiro (the teacher) in sakurasou.

The most she will get is prob the promise of bringing Hachiman to a ramen store out of town when he graduates... Even Saika has a better shot than her.

I actually have confidence that Yukino is the main heroine: the author always goes the extra mile to praise her beauty (narrated through Hachiman) (I am sorry Yui fans, she is cute too!). For the the enjoyment of the LN is seeing how the two may eventually come together, one tiny step at a time.

(this also explains why I get annoyed at the n'th Hachiman x Saika scene)
Old 2013-04-21, 03:15   Link #93
Antiquity

Could you tell me more about Hayato? Is he a typical nice guy portrayed like in the first few episodes or is there more to him? I've seen his image in some of the later volumes, i assume he has his part in the novel?
Antiquity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 03:44   Link #94
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Either way, whether or not Hachiman like it, he has slowly been getting involved and changing the lives of people around him. These ties of friendship is something he still try to avoid and deny but I think eventually he must surrender his solitude and accept the existence of his high school friends.

The end of v5 is quite... thought inducing. The illustration makes the moment feel heartbreaking (they are just heading to different classrooms).

Love the cover of v6. Story seem to take a peek at the relationship between Yukino and Hachiman.
You're right on spot here. This is surely how the story is developing especially after the last two volumes.

The end of volume 5 was the trigger for a nice ride for volume 6 where we finally have "something big" happening. I really want to see what will be your reaction at the end of this volume considering you're a Yukinon fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiquity View Post
Could you tell me more about Hayato? Is he a typical nice guy portrayed like in the first few episodes or is there more to him? I've seen his image in some of the later volumes, i assume he has his part in the novel?
Spoiler for Future events:
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 04:01   Link #95
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Spoiler for Future events:
I think there were hints far before that. For example, in volume 1 (or anime episode 2) when Yukino picks a fight with Yumiko to defend Yui, Hayato steps in to break them up.

The way Hayato looked at and addressed Yukino seemed like he was familiar with her. Yukino actually listening to Hayato's request to back down also seems to imply that she knew him too, otherwise she would have started insulting him just like she the way she talked to Yumiko.

I actually find it strange that the Yukino and Hayato aren't close, because Hayato's personality seems perfectly compatible. He seems like a character who wouldn't antagonize Yukino for her talents and accept her for who she is.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 06:13   Link #96
terribad

Seriously thanks Flying Dagger for the volume highlights. Now that I think of it. Where did you get your name from? Perhaps 'House of Flying daggers.'

I found it amusing when you said she 'hit on' Hachiman. Because I immediately imagined a scene where: a tired Hachiman is drinking at bar while Yui tries maintain his attention with cheesy one-liners.

Allen when you say 'saved the day... But in the worst way' you're referring to volume 7 right. I say that because I read there was a controversial, or perhaps morally ambiguous, event in the latter half of volume 7. But I'm unsure as to what actually happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
I actually find it strange that the Yukino and Hayato aren't close, because Hayato's personality seems perfectly compatible. He seems like a character who wouldn't antagonize Yukino for her talents and accept her for who she is.
Perhaps the opposite. Hayama's accepting attitude is a bad quality for Yukino. I agree that Hayama, from what I've seen, is very accepting of people, flaws, talents and all. Also that's OK generally but Hayama doesn't seem to point these flaws out [to his friend Yumiko at least]; he glosses over them [to avoid conflict perhaps]. But if the person isn't aware of these flaws, how do they try to fix them and improve themselves? Yukino likely is a strong believer in self-improvement [consider her talk about Hachiman's solution to cookie related request] so she probably doesn't like his attitude.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 06:46   Link #97
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribad View Post
Allen when you say 'saved the day... But in the worst way' you're referring to volume 7 right. I say that because I read there was a controversial, or perhaps morally ambiguous, event in the latter half of volume 7. But I'm unsure as to what actually happened.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 07:13   Link #98
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Future events
I see... that's why (from what little that I can read by google translate it and kanji dictionaries
Spoiler:

Anyway, I have a good feeling about this series. Seems like it can gives some great emotional impact for me by looking at how things are developing...

...hopefully, someone will pick up the translation. but right now I guess I'll be using dictionaries to read it

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 08:01   Link #99
NeutralZero

A really good series indeed... but for some reason we can't stomach that pretty boy chara especially on how ep 3 ended... 'win the battle but lose the war'...
Is he really too nice or just damn indecisive?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 08:01   Link #100
terribad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
If you mean the event wasn't controversial/morally ambiguous. The blogs and reviews I read gave the impression that what he did was likely morally bad but also utilitarian or at least understandable. That combination tends to raise controversy as to whether what he did was a right or wrong.

If you mean the event was obviously referenced in vol 7 by Allen. The last volume could mean the last volume, he read or was released and I haven't seen an English speaking commenter so far who has read the 7th volume. Plus I know little of vol 6 so for all I know what Allen referenced could have happened in vol 6.

If you mean neither then I'm sorry for wasting your time with my stupidity - I don't get it.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck