AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-31, 19:33   Link #1101
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome
so, is the simoun ep 18 any good...?
Yes. I'm going to have to watch again and hope for a sub file to get the full meaning of all the talk, but I ended up with that heavy emotion in the chest once more. And there were some great images and great colors.
Spoiler for ep18:
Rodoreamon sings in this ep, and people on 2channel think it was her singing the lullaby on Messis. I thought it was Yun, but now I think it was probably Rodore. For a couple of reasons that you will see (watch for the cradle), I think Yun's popularity is going to keep rising.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 19:36   Link #1102
metronome
Mad Loli

seems like another emotional episode~ and a lot of talkings too >.< which I dont understand

Spoiler:
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 19:39   Link #1103
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Spoiler for ep18:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-31, 21:20   Link #1104
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Yes. I'm going to have to watch again and hope for a sub file to get the full meaning of all the talk, but I ended up with that heavy emotion in the chest once more. And there were some great images and great colors.
Spoiler for ep18:
Rodoreamon sings in this ep, and people on 2channel think it was her singing the lullaby on Messis. I thought it was Yun, but now I think it was probably Rodore. For a couple of reasons that you will see (watch for the cradle), I think Yun's popularity is going to keep rising.
Yes, I agree with you. This episode made me really hate those bastards. Yurusenai! is a good choice. Here are screencaps and a summary of the key points. Oh, and I thought it was Yuun also singing the lullaby in that episode, but I guess it was Rodore, as Mamiina said, "What, that lullaby you sang to Rimone?"
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 22:30   Link #1105
metronome
Mad Loli

@up

Spoiler:

thanks so much for summary btw
Old 2006-07-31, 23:22   Link #1106
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan
Oh, and I thought it was Yuun also singing the lullaby in that episode, but I guess it was Rodore, as Mamiina said, "What, that lullaby you sang to Rimone?"
Hmm. I thought Rodoreamon and Limone were asleep at that point, but they aren't pictured at all, and you can clearly see Yun's lips not moving. I guess it really was Rodore after all.
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 00:06   Link #1107
wowo

Episode 18 subs uploaded, click the link in my sig.
Happy viewing.

Spoiler:
wowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 00:21   Link #1108
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowo
Episode 18 subs uploaded, click the link in my sig.
Wah! The episode 18 file is a bit "404 not found" at the moment.
oneplusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 00:24   Link #1109
wowo

Of course, I forget to upload the file.
Should be fixed now.
wowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 00:27   Link #1110
icym
[Simoun-Fans]

Thanx wowo!

/me goes to work :P
icym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 05:45   Link #1111
Guppy

Spoiler for ep. 19 and ep. 20 preview:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 12:20   Link #1112
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
Spoiler for ep. 19 and ep. 20 preview:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-01, 12:29   Link #1113
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Thanks, wowo!

Spoiler:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 13:15   Link #1114
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-01, 14:03   Link #1115
Matrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 2006-08-01, 17:03   Link #1116
m000m000

Such a good episode for Mamiina fans <3

Spoiler:
m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 18:08   Link #1117
Matrim

Spoiler:

Old 2006-08-02, 01:09   Link #1118
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Spoiler for ep 18:
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 07:04   Link #1119
Iskandar Taib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
That's quite a lot of reserves to hold back. I believe WWII USAAF squadrons also had 18 aircraft - but their mission strength was 16 (four flights of four) and the two spares often took off with the main group anyway, to fill in for any early aborts (yet another problem Simouns don't ever seem to have).
I'd be surprised if there wasn't really more than that. The flying reserves might be two aircraft, but there would be also be aircraft undergoing repairs and maintenance, etc. It'd be easier to sustain losses and integrate replacements if the replacements were already with the Squadron, rather than having to maintain larger groups of reserves in separate depots and having to rush them immediately to the squadron when one or two get shot down, especially if the squadron was flying day in and day out.

The 18 pilots/planes in a RAF squadron would be the theoretical full complement, in real life, especially during the desperate summer of 1940, it was probably quite a bit less. Squadrons not in the front lines (they rotated them in and out of 11 Group) were pared down to the minimum.

Quote:
For a Simoun Chor, it would make sense to have more pilots than aircraft, since their loss rate is generally quite low and the Simouns are usually 100% available (which makes their maintenance crews seem very good, but then again they don't understand and never touch the most critical parts of the airframe - so what exactly do they do, anyway? Reload the guns and polish the hull?).
Doesn't look like they need fuel, by any means... ^_^;; They would have to patch up the holes.

Quote:
Hey, so I'm not the only one who keeps thinking of PoC while watching Simoun! I like the way both stories keep the airborne fighting short and sharp, while focusing on the character interplay on the ground.
Heh.. I read the book before I watched the show. By the time I was finished, I detested Cattermole more than I detested any other character in any book I'd ever read. The TV show cut out what would have been the best part - Steele-Stebbings giving Cattermole his comeuppance.

Someone in Australia made some VCDs and sent them to me. Being a Spitfire buff, I really enjoyed it (although, in the book, it was actually a Hurricane squadron). And yeah, I enjoyed trying to figure out what mark each of the Spits they used was...

ObSimoun: I watched the first episode again.

1) The T-tailed Simoun did indeed belong to Rodreamon/Eri.
2) Paraietta/Kaimu fly a Simoun with a backward pointing spike up behind the Sagitta's position. It's also got "canards" (the "cow catcher" extends sideways). There's another Simoun with a backward spike, but it's mounted much closer to the bottom.
3) The Call Caput machine that was disabled was a T-tail. These actually have a better rearward view than the others - the tail doesn't extend above the Sagitta's position.
4) You get to see the two girls who get shot down, who weren't named - one had Michiru-colored hair, the other ponytails tied with big beads (like Chiyo-chan's). They were in the V-tailed Simoun. Not sure who was Auriga, who was Sagitta.
5) In the second episode, Aeru and Neville fly in the round-tailed Simoun (which is probably why Aeru uses it later for her.. um, activities). I'll betcha it belonged to the two who went to the Spring. Which reminds me - I was more amused the second time around when Aeru brought out the big grocery bag of snacks for Limone in episode 4. I didn't get it the first time, but after watching her chomp snacks episode after episode....
Iskandar Taib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 08:18   Link #1120
Yui from Okinawa

Send a message via Yahoo to Yui from Okinawa
Rotation and superior tactics....

Wapoliff and his maintainance crew reserch ancient over-technolgy " V-style Simoun ".
  1. Why Simulacrum officer consider to retired-Sybillae re-assignment with Armed "Simile(Simire?)- Simoun?"
  2. Why they think Simoun has lost , reserve Sybillae has useless and have to go the spring as retired?

Simulacrum officer and pristess has no idea to the advanced tactics or negotiate utilty ...

On the other hand, The Argentum and Plumbum has the idea "United operations" and more advanced tactics.
(In spite of ther each theory "Totalitarism" and " Suicide religious theory " I can't accept...)

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-08-02 at 09:19.
Yui from Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri