AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-30, 05:47   Link #15441
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

Side note - can anyone help me developing Cecilia? She's getting more and more obscure in Sacred Twins... which mean a bad thing.
Not sure how to help with this one... then again in Athena, I have plans for her since she's part of Inami's... harem now.
Old 2011-12-30, 05:52   Link #15442
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

First, of all harem (bar Kanzashi, who haven't show up, and Laura who is paired with Charles) she is the only one that has no past ties whatsoever to Ichika.

Second, the focus all been put on everyone BUT her in chapter 11. In fact, someone in TvTropes pointed her demotion as hilarious (I'm not really happy, but I knew it's truth).

Third, Kanzashi at least has clear reason to fell for him, but Cecilia, while understandable, is not interesting enough to develop.

I'm currently struck with this, because in my plan so far, turning point of Cecilia's role is after the Madoka Kidnapping where Cecilia serves as her good counterpart. And that's about a dozen of chapter ahead (yes, I plan a lot and write too little). I need something I can apply now, or few chapter ahead.
Old 2011-12-30, 05:55   Link #15443
HasuMasu
*Artist

Now we know that Izuru shafting her was an act of nature.
Old 2011-12-30, 06:02   Link #15444
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

@Zero

Hmm... So what you're saying is, the problem is trying find something that would allow Cecilia to relate to Ichika?

Because for Athena, she relates to Inami on the common grounds of both of them losing their parents to tragic deaths.

Then again, while I'm able to work out how the two pick up on their friendship/relationship, things would be different for Ichika since he and Chifuyu were abandoned by their parents instead.
Old 2011-12-30, 06:07   Link #15445
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@tyranid: And they say Rin is the uninteresting one

@zero:
Your first problem is actually good angst material, even though it seems everyone only uses it as harem race analysis.

The second and third problems are your biggest ones. Third being the most annoying one because it utterly drains you of will to write. Best find another reason why Cecilia falls in love with him

EDIT: Or dig up a deeper reason from the somewhat flaky one.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 06:09   Link #15446
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Maybe I just have to deconstruct the shafting process anyway.... having her stand in the background tragically as Houki, Rin and Madoka get the missing piece of Ichika's past in chapter 12...

Now I feel like having "WTH Author?!" moment...

@Demi
1. is the above, as for 2 and 3... well... maybe Cecilia also need a man that can embrace his own words and principles?
Old 2011-12-30, 06:11   Link #15447
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'ma chew on this problem over dinner. Hopefully I can be helpful in an hour or so
Old 2011-12-30, 06:11   Link #15448
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Reading through Athena Bouclier again, I think I might need to do some major rectifications... But I think I'll work on that after Chapter 5's published :3

EDIT: Goin out for dinner. Will return in like... hours.

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2011-12-30 at 06:30.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 06:16   Link #15449
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@tyranid: And they say Rin is the uninteresting one

@zero:
Your first problem is actually good angst material, even though it seems everyone only uses it as harem race analysis.

The second and third problems are your biggest ones. Third being the most annoying one because it utterly drains you of will to write. Best find another reason why Cecilia falls in love with him

EDIT: Or dig up a deeper reason from the somewhat flaky one.
"Mazu wa sono genzo wo BUCHIKOROSU!!"
Old 2011-12-30, 06:17   Link #15450
DarkJak2050

Ugh!

At least you guys are able to work on your fics.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 06:25   Link #15451
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You're kidding me? I haven't write anything useful in 2 freaking months.
Old 2011-12-30, 06:31   Link #15452
DarkJak2050

Hmm, I'm wondering if I should put the "specs" for the Silverback combat armor on here first before I release it in the story or not.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 06:38   Link #15453
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Your call, Jak.

If there's anything I want to tell that you can't be too paranoid here, because this place is damn insecure. Someone actually find my plan with Blitz because of my loose finger.

If you want to post it, chances that there's a reader who sneak in anyway. If you don't mind they got a spoiler, feel free to post it, otherwise just P.M. us or don't post it and keep the surprise.
Old 2011-12-30, 06:49   Link #15454
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: consider having someone rebuke and reason out Cecilia's love

EDIT: I believe the term you use is "deconstruct"?
Old 2011-12-30, 07:01   Link #15455
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Indeed: Deconstruction. Something that should be cool or funny become horrific or sad, and vice versa, though usually applied in the former.

Take Boss!Ichika for example:
In Doukuganryuu, Ichika is charismatic and badass leader gang that attracts badass chicks around, ready for virtually any single challenge.

In Sacred Twins, Ichika is a Knight Templar Vigilante man bearing the name of "Emperor of the Silver Thrones". And dear god he wanted to leave that darkside of him, as he realized how horrific is that sitting on top of mountain composed of his defeated enemies and allies.

EDIT: as for Cecilia's case, I really need something that could be funny but tragic enough if you deconstruct it.
Old 2011-12-30, 07:04   Link #15456
demino_hellsin
That one guy

There's absolutely nothing horrifying about finding a 10 year old sitting on a pile of bloody dead bodies while he's holding a gun that's out of bullets

The deconstruction path of Cecilia's romance branches 2 ways for me. How about you zero?
Old 2011-12-30, 07:08   Link #15457
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't know, either way, her romance is doomed by default. What I need is something I can pull the thread from and become part of her character development.
Old 2011-12-30, 07:11   Link #15458
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So she needs to move on from being ojou-sama?
Old 2011-12-30, 07:15   Link #15459
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Or for that matter, going from a snobby princess to a real wise queen.
Old 2011-12-30, 07:17   Link #15460
Eratas123

I'm back and my face feels like an acid skunk pissed on it What I miss?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest