AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 113 Rating
Perfect 10 50 45.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 25.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-02, 08:15   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Claymore Chapter 113

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 113.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Since Claymore is licensed by Viz the following posts are not allowed
  • Asking where you can find Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Linking to Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Posting Claymore scans or translations.
  • Discussing Claymore scan groups (past or present).
These rules applies to the raws as well.

You still are allowed to discuss the manga, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story itself.

Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed. If you need to post a single image (or preferably only the relevant part of an image) for a reason related to discussion you can put it on an image host, but never ever post a link where people can see the entire manga.
Old 2011-03-02, 08:18   Link #2
haegar
mangaviking

Cool

arrigato

repost for 113 official thread:

Last edited by haegar; 2011-03-02 at 08:36.
Old 2011-03-02, 08:18   Link #3
manmmlala

I don't understand this:

Spoiler for 113:

"our mission apparently was to protect the organization froma an attack orchestrated from a no.1 and no.2 that i've never seen, as well as others"

from the shadows, i guess there are probably alicia and beth (but there outfits are not black in colour)...
since when alicia and beth launched an attack at the organization with "others"?

if they are not alicia and beth, who are those no.1 and no.2?
Old 2011-03-02, 08:19   Link #4
manmmlala

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmmlala View Post
I don't understand this:

Spoiler for 113:

"our mission apparently was to protect the organization froma an attack orchestrated from a no.1 and no.2 that i've never seen, as well as others"

from the shadows, i guess there are probably alicia and beth (but there outfits are not black in colour)...
since when alicia and beth launched an attack at the organization with "others"?

if they are not alicia and beth, who are those no.1 and no.2?
ok.. i guess i get it...

it is only a reason the organization made up in order to summon all the claymores i suppose?
Old 2011-03-02, 08:22   Link #5
evil_kenshin

I think they were presuming that since Alicia + Beth awakened they would try and "return to their masters" due to their extreme brainwashing but due to their nature of being AB's they would have to be put down.

though it seems highly flawed and dubious at best for example how did they know they would finish Isley off in time for the timed attack on Riful? under normal circumstances if it weren't for the destroyer + the ghosts presence + priscilla; Alicia + Beth would of won (unless the org sent them there to die?)
Old 2011-03-02, 08:22   Link #6
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Miriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 2011-03-02, 08:22   Link #7
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmmlala View Post
ok.. i guess i get it...

it is only a reason the organization made up in order to summon all the claymores i suppose?
Yes,the org was just lying.
Old 2011-03-02, 08:23   Link #8
evil_kenshin

though I still find it funny yagi forgot he wrote that dietrich had been demoted; wasn't that long ago that dietrich said she had been demoted from her number 8 position.
Old 2011-03-02, 08:33   Link #9
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
though I still find it funny yagi forgot he wrote that dietrich had been demoted; wasn't that long ago that dietrich said she had been demoted from her number 8 position.
well the org was under some pressure, there probably was some chaos after the events with A&B and all that shit goin down, maybe the other Claymores just weren't informed about Dietrich's demotion?
Old 2011-03-02, 08:35   Link #10
manmmlala

miria looks so cool... the aura of a real leader.. i bet all the current claymores admire her strength and personality now, all are following now the strongest claymore (ignore clare for now) on land to fight the organization, how cool!
Old 2011-03-02, 08:35   Link #11
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
well the org was under some pressure, there probably was some chaos after the events with A&B and all that shit goin down, maybe the other Claymores just weren't informed about Dietrich's demotion?
but it wouldn't matter what number he said since he said both number 8 and dietrich in the same sentence he could say number 47 with her name proceeding and it wouldn't matter.

it was a moment of forgetfulness from yagi
Old 2011-03-02, 08:37   Link #12
BlackMagister

Quote:
I thought she was just demoted from a higher position? What chapter did she say she was demoted? When she introduces herself to Helen and Deneve in chapter 85 she says she is rank 8.

I don't think Miria's death being faked was thrown in by Yagi simply to appease fans. I agree with the author of Bakuman in that if Yagi just does what the fans want he would be a terrible mangka (not a reference to the new guy, but what was done in earlier chapters). The Claymore rebellion was something important for the overall plot even if the fighting strength of the Claymores isn't much comparatively. Miria sparing the Organization Claymores because she thought of all of them as human and the same with Deneve, even deciding not to kill the twins which made fighting them difficult. It's not their fault the Organization had made them enemies and they should be allies in opposing the Organization which is their true foe and the one responsible for testing them against Awakened Beings. This Claymore rebellion did not happen the way I expected but it has been definitely been built up too with the Ghosts going rogue, then getting a reason to oppose the Organization and gaining allies/friends from the Organization.
Old 2011-03-02, 08:39   Link #13
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagister View Post
I thought she was just demoted from a higher position? What chapter did she say she was demoted? When she introduces herself to Helen and Deneve in chapter 85 she says she is rank 8.
it was after her return from the organization she says they demoted her for what happened when helen & deneve saved her (failing to kill the AB herself) and that she was no longer a single digit
Old 2011-03-02, 08:41   Link #14
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Old 2011-03-02, 08:43   Link #15
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
I always believed Dietrich became number 8 after she got demoted.
Old 2011-03-02, 08:43   Link #16
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Well, I just read the chapter; I skipped all the comments because they are simply too much and I'm bound to just repeat what's already been said anyway.

1) Maybe I'm starting to get things mixed up....but are they intending to use Priscilla's arm to power and bring back to life the three Abyssal Ones? I thought, until now, they were using it to create 3 entirely new beings...I think it was still ambiguous before, because, they seemed to be talking about all the old Abyssal Ones for no reason.

Now though, it seems to be connected; Priscilla's arm will be the lightning bolt that will reanimate all these old Number 1s. How they expect to control them, is another matter entirely () - the question is however, if these will actually recieve power from Priscilla's arm, because if so, their power would be extreme to say the least, though I guess it depends on how much.

2) Something crossed my mind seeing the cut up Number 1......haven't we already seen her before?

One of the girls on the front and back of Chapters/Volumes....she seems strangely similar to the small shots we got of this warrior; I'm starting to think that Yagi is attempting to actually introduce those girls into the story.

3) Strange that Anastasia is still so back-and-forth, though I guess it's predictable; she's definitely, rather quickly, accepting to rebel. No more of this "they're against us, but they're still friends" .

4) Miria's survival?.........I don't get it; apparently they can cut her up into little itty bitty pieces, but she still lives because they didn't cut out her heart, or vital organs etc.....that's really pushing 0_o.

The words would make more sense if the pictures we saw didn't seem so extreme - hell, even the MiB was disgusted. While it's nice to see her alive again, it feels a little.....a little....

Jyeaaah, the Rock can get my opinion out better then me .

It's interesting however, how it was the shrimp twins who didn't deliver the final blow....as they are still prototypes, they haven't gotten all the mental conditioning that Alicia and Beth did; it makes sense that they are still openly empathetic, if only a little.

It feels like I missed something though.....all the Claymore silently empathizing with her...."it's our signal to revolt"....I just feel like we went from A to C without seeing B.

Now they are all going to start rebelling? How? Why? because Miria told them the truth? Who is she to them? Why did they even spare her?

The whole set-up just feels way to convienient. I hope we'll see the bits we missed in the future, because right now, it feels like Yagi is skipping ahead. The warriors have no reason to rebel or trust this stranger.

---

My thoughts on Miria's return is honestly.....I don't know - time will tell, but I feel Yagi made a mistake with this one; the series is slowly but surely losing it's dark reality and feeling generic. What, did people pound on his door so much that he brought her back? What about having an iron will and not giving into what fans wanted? I would believe that he planned for her to survive all along, if I didn't remember all the rage that happened only a few months back.

I just feel this sense that this story is losing it's originality; perhaps it's all part of the same post-timeskip feelings and thoughts that are connected since Isley died, which many feel was the turning point....

As always I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but right now, it kind of feels like he brought her back as a sell-out; are other characters from the dead gonna start coming back if they pound on his door enough? you might say I'm complaining for nothing, but their does feel like something to be noticed.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-03-02 at 09:01.
Old 2011-03-02, 08:45   Link #17
haegar
mangaviking

oh by the way, I'm gonna call it now and you can hold me to the prediction later and make fun of me if I'm wrong:

There will be a huge tragic price for Miria's return. The world Yagi has created ain't so forgiving. For saving and swaying all those current generation warriors she will be punished - by having to be the powerless bystander as somewhen over the next three chapters, 90% of these freshly saved Claymores will be gruesomely mutilated and slaughtered by the first, or all of the zombified #1s.
Old 2011-03-02, 08:46   Link #18
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
I always believed Dietrich became number 8 after she got demoted.
no, as BlackMagister pointed out she was number 8 when she introduced herself; when she reintroduced herself (after a brief gap between her appearances) she says she was demoted and no longer a single digit.

can't recall the chapter but i remember the scene
Old 2011-03-02, 08:46   Link #19
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
90% of these freshly saved Claymores will be gruesomely mutilated and slaughtered by the first, or all of the zombified #1s.[/I]
Who cares? Miria is alive so that's a price I shall gladly pay.

I told you all. I always said she was still alive
Old 2011-03-02, 08:46   Link #20
Battler-kun

Miria must be even stronger than before now.
Closed Thread