AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-04-09, 02:18   Link #61
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonddude42 View Post
There are a lot of characters that have completely dropped off the radar recently. Some I don't really care for others I would like to see come back. But I wonder what the heck happened to all the people who graduated. Only a small handful have hand any reappearances or mentioning since. Or I might have just missed them.
Mayumi, Katsuto, Mari and Suzune are the Senpais who are really important, three of them are at the university and Mari at the battle college or something. There's that Kotarou from the PMC too but he completely disappeared from the story after the NSC arc.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 21:05   Link #62
Armando99

Quote:
There are a lot of characters that have completely dropped off the radar recently. Some I don't really care for others I would like to see come back. But I wonder what the heck happened to all the people who graduated. Only a small handful have hand any reappearances or mentioning since. Or I might have just missed them.
I guess it's probably due to the fact that this story is based on high school students?
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 01:11   Link #63
Blonddude42

A lot of characters who didn't graduate have dropped off the radar too. Although I never really cared about them either so I guess it doesn't really matter.
Blonddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 11:02   Link #64
aortax

Quote:
A lot of characters who didn't graduate have dropped off the radar too. Although I never really cared about them either so I guess it doesn't really matter.
It's really hard to give them all development with how large cast already is .
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 19:37   Link #65
Armando99

I think it is pretty good the way the author brought them in the story and then taking them out. It leaves it open to bring them back out again as they become relevant to the story.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 15:44   Link #66
Echizen777

With the reveal that Miyuki is a genetically modifed magician, Minami calling Miyuki the masterpiece of the Yotsuba makes sense, she didn't know Minoru was genetically enhanced too when she made the comparison IIRC. Maya probably told her everything before she joined the siblings and her hidden role is still unknown.
Old 2015-06-27, 20:11   Link #67
tuckersister

Chiaki will probably make a return in Vol 17.
tuckersister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 00:27   Link #68
Kadia

I have a question regarding to Kyoko's and Fujibayashi's stance towards Kudo.

-Does Kyoko currently act as a representative of Fujibayashi family? As stated in v13, her father resigned but still act as Kudo's trusted aid?

-She did mention that Fujibayashi family doesnt have a choice to distance himself from Kudou otherwise they will be isolated. Together with the fact that she joins the 101st which is well known for 10MC anti-believer. Can we implicitly say that she actually dislike Kudou, hence try to find the leverage and want to distance herself and her family?

-After rereading v13, i still dont get why Tat chose to intervene in the parasite dolls exp. There was a choice where he could just ask Miyuki to dropout from the Steeplechase and sit back and just watch the progress? Is he actually subejectively not objectively kind of guy?

-To me, Retsu seems to be the biggest hypocrite in the series,
--Isn't he the one who invented the 10MC system?
--Isn't he the one who treated the magician as a weapon in the first place?
--Now without him being reign, Kudou is losing the authority as "the strongest" among TMc and thus he try to undermine other family especially Yotsuba.
--Whereas condemning others trying to use magicians as weapons, he himself failed to refute his son to conduct the experiment on his grandchild. Obviously, his son purpose is to create a modified magician with extraordinary MP.
--Isn't he count as a conspirator with Zhou with the scheming to deteriorate the Japan's magic power? in vol 13, he realized his son accepted Zhou's refugee with possible benefit in mind but did not do anything to at lest question/investigate a bit? Such a tunnel vision, parasite will never go berserk, sigh... instead of being portrayed as "williest", "feeble-minded" is a better word for him currently.
--Nonetheless, he and his family hadn't been convicted any treasons and still acts high and mighty.

To me, i dont feel any bit of sympathy toward him due to Minoru's case. He just reaped what he sown.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 00:57   Link #69
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
I have a question regarding to Kyoko's and Fujibayashi's stance towards Kudo.

-Does Kyoko currently act as a representative of Fujibayashi family? As stated in v13, her father resigned but still act as Kudo's trusted aid?

-She did mention that Fujibayashi family doesnt have a choice to distance himself from Kudou otherwise they will be isolated. Together with the fact that she joins the 101st which is well known for 10MC anti-believer. Can we implicitly say that she actually dislike Kudou, hence try to find the leverage and want to distance herself and her family?

-After rereading v13, i still dont get why Tat chose to intervene in the parasite dolls exp. There was a choice where he could just ask Miyuki to dropout from the Steeplechase and sit back and just watch the progress? Is he actually subejectively not objectively kind of guy?

-To me, Retsu seems to be the biggest hypocrite in the series,
--Isn't he the one who invented the 10MC system?
--Isn't he the one who treated the magician as a weapon in the first place?
--Now without him being reign, Kudou is losing the authority as "the strongest" among TMc and thus he try to undermine other family especially Yotsuba.
--Whereas condemning others trying to use magicians as weapons, he himself failed to refute his son to conduct the experiment on his grandchild. Obviously, his son purpose is to create a modified magician with extraordinary MP.
--Isn't he count as a conspirator with Zhou with the scheming to deteriorate the Japan's magic power? in vol 13, he realized his son accepted Zhou's refugee with possible benefit in mind but did not do anything to at lest question/investigate a bit? Such a tunnel vision, parasite will never go berserk, sigh... instead of being portrayed as "williest", "feeble-minded" is a better word for him currently.
--Nonetheless, he and his family hadn't been convicted any treasons and still acts high and mighty.

To me, i dont feel any bit of sympathy toward him due to Minoru's case. He just reaped what he sown.
I don't think Kyouko is the representative, she doesn't seem to be especially powerful in her clan. I remember it was said somewhere that the families with the number 9 are closer and more united than the others, even if she disagrees she has no real power against the majority, I don't think she dislikes Kudou, she disapproves of what she did, she's very close with Minoru for example. If she is a member of the 101, it means Kudou allowed it, her abilities as a hacker are pretty valuable. About Retsu, yes his actions in vol 13 was hypocritical but he's not trying to undermine the Yotsuba because they are the strongest, he's trying to do so because he thinks they are getting too strong compared to the others, he's only doing what benefits him just like many clan heads.
Old 2015-07-09, 01:27   Link #70
Kadia

Isn't Kyouko the eldest in Fujibayashi? Does it has others offsprings beside Kyoko?

About the unity, i read that part as well. However, i feel like in the last generations Yotsuba was more united considering that Genso took revenge on Dahan with the assents of the majority of the clan heads at that time even without the outside assistances. they should know what was at stake at that time and nonetheless they united and fallen together. yeah..i know current gen. clan head is pathetic with their ideology but still i dont see any better from Kudou as his son acted separately by accepting Zhou;s aids.

Anyway, just table this unity stuff. I still dislike Retsu compare to my beloved tragic heroines Maya and Miya.
Old 2015-07-09, 01:39   Link #71
Echizen777

Quote:
Isn't Kyouko the eldest in Fujibayashi? Does it has others offsprings beside Kyoko?

About the unity, i read that part as well. However, i feel like in the last generations Yotsuba was more united considering that Genso took revenge on Dahan with the assents of the majority of the clan heads at that time even without the outside assistances. they should know what was at stake at that time and nonetheless they united and fallen together. yeah..i know current gen. clan head is pathetic with their ideology but still i dont see any better from Kudou as his son acted separately by accepting Zhou;s aids.

Anyway, just table this unity stuff. I still dislike Retsu compare to my beloved tragic heroines Maya and Miya.
Maybe she is the eldest but IIRC the heir is usually the eldest male.The heir of the clan would probably not be in the 101 and the author would have certainly revealed her position after all this time.
Old 2015-07-09, 01:56   Link #72
Kadia

I believe it's not strange for the clans or branches to be Matriarch as Kuki, one of Kudou's branch family did designate his daughter as a head of family. This is where i got it mixed up with Fujibayashi clan.

Spoiler for Koki's family:
Old 2015-07-09, 02:57   Link #73
Echizen777

Quote:
I believe it's not strange for the clans or branches to be Matriarch as Kuki, one of Kudou's branch family did designate his daughter as a head of family. This is where i got it mixed up with Fujibayashi clan.

Spoiler for Koki's family:
It exists but that's rare, there might be special circumstances, it's the same case for Miyuki and Maya after all. I still don't think they would let the next heir be part of the 101.
Old 2015-07-11, 23:54   Link #74
Kadia

I have one question regarding Isuwa Mio's Abyss, it is said that she can extend the AOE upto 1km. Can we imply that she has to snipe the magic somewhere out of AOE? In another word, can we count abyss as a long range magic and does it need to be within her eyesight to be casted or not?

The thing is when i imagine she uses the magic while standing on says carrier, how could she escape the AOE if the coordination needed to be confirmed by eyes.
Old 2015-07-12, 00:00   Link #75
Echizen777

Quote:
I have one question regarding Isuwa Mio's Abyss, it is said that she can extend the AOE upto 1km. Can we imply that she has to snipe the magic somewhere out of AOE? In another word, can we count abyss as a long range magic and does it need to be within her eyesight to be casted or not?

The thing is when i imagine she uses the magic while standing on says carrier, how could she escape the AOE if the coordination needed to be confirmed by eyes.
Depth of 1 km, not radius of 1 km a magic affecting only a kilometer can't be considered strategic class. It is a move-type magic manipulating the water so she doesn't need to see her targets, she simply manipulates the water, which will destroy enemy boats. Her allies can give her more precision anyway.
Old 2015-08-12, 20:30   Link #76
tuckersister

I wonder what Chiaki's reaction to the news. She must be pissed or speechless.
tuckersister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 21:28   Link #77
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I wonder what Chiaki's reaction to the news. She must be pissed or speechless.
She's being a bitch. No surprise there. What I want to know is where Haruka is?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 07:39   Link #78
Gekari
My Japanese level: slug

Now that volume 18 cover is out, and I think this comment regards Masaki, I'll post it here.

Well after I read volume 15 english translations my hating of this guy just vanished. I didn't fall for his character, however his personality is so righteous and cute that is hard to have any bad feelings for him. In my opinion, Minoru would be a better suitor on the engagement matter, for Minoru has a dark side so charming and unpredictable that maybe he would proportionate a awesome villain or an excellent pair for Miyuki.

Satou is trolling us again. Suzaku is now doing the thing that no sane man would do: trying to approach a woman in her territory where everybody knows she is engaged. I hope he'll keep his shyness and invite her to chat after the classes, somewhere that is not 1st High, then go smoothly. We all know that despite his love at first sight he will not be able to induce it in her, if she had felt the same I think he would know, so he'll use reasoning perhaps and here is the big deal: Will he, just like a prince in a white horse, offer his assistance to "save" her from the "evil plans" of her family? Will he try to understand her feelings and persuade her to give up (you're siblings and bla bla bla)? Did Satou show us his true character?

For now I only know that this volume will be very very very slow if it focus on MasakixMiyuki, nevertheless it can be fun.

(All this "romance" thing is something that would happen sooner or later, we all know. I think Satou is trying to eliminate this as soon as possible because, really, they'll not have time for this once they graduate. University and SCAPES and being Yotsuba next head training, it's for the best they're doing it now. And, you know, even if this engagement thing didn't happen, Tatsuya is almost an 18 years old male, even if he had no interest Yotsuba would marry him to other branch to keep him tied to them. Marriage is a standard in Mahoukaverse.)
Gekari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 12:35   Link #79
MRD143

Maya called Minoru that failure of Kudou so there is no way she would allow him to court a Yotsuba Masterpiece.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 14:52   Link #80
Clutchdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekari View Post
Now that volume 18 cover is out, and I think this comment regards Masaki, I'll post it here.

Well after I read volume 15 english translations my hating of this guy just vanished. I didn't fall for his character, however his personality is so righteous and cute that is hard to have any bad feelings for him. In my opinion, Minoru would be a better suitor on the engagement matter, for Minoru has a dark side so charming and unpredictable that maybe he would proportionate a awesome villain or an excellent pair for Miyuki.

Satou is trolling us again. Suzaku is now doing the thing that no sane man would do: trying to approach a woman in her territory where everybody knows she is engaged. I hope he'll keep his shyness and invite her to chat after the classes, somewhere that is not 1st High, then go smoothly. We all know that despite his love at first sight he will not be able to induce it in her, if she had felt the same I think he would know, so he'll use reasoning perhaps and here is the big deal: Will he, just like a prince in a white horse, offer his assistance to "save" her from the "evil plans" of her family? Will he try to understand her feelings and persuade her to give up (you're siblings and bla bla bla)? Did Satou show us his true character?

For now I only know that this volume will be very very very slow if it focus on MasakixMiyuki, nevertheless it can be fun.

(All this "romance" thing is something that would happen sooner or later, we all know. I think Satou is trying to eliminate this as soon as possible because, really, they'll not have time for this once they graduate. University and SCAPES and being Yotsuba next head training, it's for the best they're doing it now. And, you know, even if this engagement thing didn't happen, Tatsuya is almost an 18 years old male, even if he had no interest Yotsuba would marry him to other branch to keep him tied to them. Marriage is a standard in Mahoukaverse.)
For me, Miyuki/Minoru have the same problem as Miyuki/Masaki, both of the guys are too immature and timid for a girl like Miyuki. I just can't picture it. I am a bit interested in seeing how Masaki will approach Miyuki after the reaction she had last volume after hearing about the proposal. In that sense, I'm a bit afraid that if they end up alone Miyuki will show very little mercy. We know how she gets when Tatsuya is alone with girls as well.
Anyway I agree with you that it's better to get the romance stuff out of the way so that the series can focus on more important and bigger things. It's been 18 volumes, lets just get this dealt with. Hope this volume doesn't turn out to be super slow and uneventful.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote