AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-10, 01:53   Link #1
Nel

Why write such ending?

I just finished watching school days.... im ah struck and not in a good way. Dose any one know any history behind this anime, cause this isnt like something that i was expecting from the first several anime? Any ideas on what would possess someone to write an ending like that?
Old 2009-02-10, 04:38   Link #2
Solafighter
Hige

Im not sure, but this post could be deleted soon cause this is no forum, you can just open new theards(Forum would be spammed with new theards, if anyone could just do it ). Your post suits the School Days - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating theard better.

Well why not writing such an ending? Would get boring after a while, if you only watch animes with happy endings. From my point of view(or its probobly fact already ), that School Days got kind of popular and famous cause of this ending. I like it, cause it happened something, that i realy didnt expect.
Old 2009-02-10, 22:40   Link #3
lswift84
Project D!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Im not sure, but this post could be deleted soon cause this is no forum, you can just open new theards(Forum would be spammed with new theards, if anyone could just do it ). Your post suits the School Days - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating theard better.

Well why not writing such an ending? Would get boring after a while, if you only watch animes with happy endings. From my point of view(or its probobly fact already ), that School Days got kind of popular and famous cause of this ending. I like it, cause it happened something, that i realy didnt expect.
Sola I think to post he would have had to request a new thread in a limited sub forum so I think he should be ok

To the OP's question, Sola is right why not make such an ending. I will have to admit I sort of did my research and I had an idea of what the ending/style of this anime was going to be so the ending stunned me SLIGHTLY less. But if you were expecting something more along the lines of a Harem like School Rumble it could definitely catch you off guard.

I don't know what "possessed" the mangaka to write this, but people write horror novels all the time which could probably be more gruesome as well as horror movies, but that is widely accepted as entertainment. I don't see why anyone wouldn't be able to do that with this anime & manga.

May I ask what exactly you were expecting this anime to be? Or why you think it is wrong for someone to create this type of entertainment? If I am not understanding what your question was I apologize, long day at work followed by a trip to the bar for chicken wings + beer .
Old 2009-02-11, 02:57   Link #4
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswift84 View Post
Sola I think to post he would have had to request a new thread in a limited sub forum so I think he should be ok
Ah ok i see.

Quote:
If I am not understanding what your question was I apologize, long day at work followed by a trip to the bar for chicken wings + beer .

kentucky fried chicken?
Old 2009-02-11, 03:06   Link #5
brocko

To show that what goes around comes around, sometimes with interest

Plus you need a good change up or something different once in awhile, otherwise things just become too stagnant.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2009-02-11, 11:41   Link #6
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I have no problems with the ending...it was logical from the happenings...but with that that two of the leads(namely: Makoto and most importantly Kotonoha) was not exactly realistic character...Makoto didn't care for anyone and has absolutely terrible relationship-sense...not to mention "dreamworld" Kotonoha. If the show had more real characters probably i can enjoy it more(so some extremely non-sense things didn't happened...like completely ignore Sekai even when more and more ppl pleads him to visit her, and perhaps less dreamy Kotonoha)...
Old 2009-02-11, 20:11   Link #7
lswift84
Project D!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post

kentucky fried chicken?
Nope, bar hot wings... 10 cent wings monday-friday = WIN lol
Old 2009-02-12, 13:59   Link #8
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Nope, bar hot wings... 10 cent wings monday-friday = WIN lol
lol
Old 2009-02-13, 08:41   Link #9
maxikki

hav u seen the latest "nice boat" video clip that appeared on animenewsnetwork??
Old 2009-02-13, 10:06   Link #10
Solafighter
Hige

sure.

message to short killer
Old 2009-06-08, 06:31   Link #11
longong

thanks to a such ending,"nice boat" have became a famous word
Old 2009-06-08, 17:11   Link #12
killer911
Hikikomori

School days used to be a Visual novel. And most of the endings are very violent. Only 1 was a happy ending.
Old 2009-06-09, 08:06   Link #13
DudeItsJeff

I found to ending very sad.
Old 2009-06-17, 00:34   Link #14
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer911 View Post
School days used to be a Visual novel. And most of the endings are very violent. Only 1 was a happy ending.
There are many happy endings, be it with Sekai or Kotonoha. In fact, there are only 3 violent endings.
Old 2009-06-18, 03:26   Link #15
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And they had to choose among the violent endings. >.<

I was thinking of the aftermath of this anime turning into Makoto haunting the school and the people from Ghost Hunt to check out on it.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2009-06-18, 03:59   Link #16
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Just watch the OVAs for "therapy." I especially recommend Magical Heart Kokoro-chan.
Old 2009-06-26, 00:26   Link #17
qwertyuiopz

because it is the best ending ever made
Old 2009-07-17, 07:58   Link #18
封鎖された渋谷で

You know, it'd have made the best sex-ed video ever. Come on, it's good 'shock therapy'!!
Old 2009-07-27, 03:55   Link #19
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to fireshark
There are 21 endings, all on some continuum of Sekai <--------> Kotonoha. Only 3 are bad.
Old 2009-07-27, 11:42   Link #20
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshark View Post
There are 21 endings, all on some continuum of Sekai <--------> Kotonoha. Only 3 are bad.
I want to see some of the good Sekai endings

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Closed Thread