AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-30, 02:03   Link #341
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
But Arthur gets an old man by his side! What can be better!
What? I thought Arthur gets Arawn-sama as well!
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 09:18   Link #342
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I wonder when the little girl from the op and ed is gonna show up... she seems like such an important character to not have an appearance by now.
Spoiler for speculation:

I'm not a gamer, so this truly is speculation and not spoiler-based knowledge.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 10:01   Link #343
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Had sometime to check out episode 4 last night. I think the story is making good progression and giving us answers and indepth look at the characters without moving too fast. Awan is still just a cool character but it obvious we have not even begin to tap his history and what he exactly is.

Seeing Avalon was pretty cool the castle is huge and there is enough room and for the clan to grown and since the island is rich in just about everything in time the clan could grow rapidly bring more forces over time and eventually maybe even have a full standing army.

I am most curious as to what Arthur exactly saw when his father was killed. He got plenty angry when the angles were mentioned. But could it really have been a angle that killed his father or something pretending to be one.

The crab feast had me rolling them bitches were huge now thats what i call good eaten.

Looks like we might get some combat next week but what i really cant wait to see is the large scale battles and if we will be introduced to more elves as the story progresses.

So far i am very satisfied with how the story is going so and i am just loving it its getting harder and harder to wait for each episode.
Old 2009-04-30, 10:48   Link #344
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Spoiler for speculation:
I noticed it too early on. But it is kind of an obvious clue to the audience; I wonder if the studio is trying to build up the mystery on purpose (most likely they are I think).
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 11:35   Link #345
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
when it comes to the girl... I had guessed that a while ago. My next question: what exactly is her purpose; i.e., why are we even being shown her in the first place? I suppose we'll eventually find out

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 12:41   Link #346
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Hmm...I thought the identity of the little girl was pretty obvious. My guess could be wrong though
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 13:24   Link #347
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
I'm not a gamer, so this truly is speculation and not spoiler-based knowledge.
YOu're on the right track, but that's all I'll say, I'll let you draw your own conclusions....

Quote:
I noticed it too early on. But it is kind of an obvious clue to the audience; I wonder if the studio is trying to build up the mystery on purpose (most likely they are I think).
They're following the game more or less. Even the flashback at the beginning of ep.4 was taken straight from there (though in different circumstances).
Also, it's good to see the tribe around as in the game you never see them save two occasions (to save money I suppose).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 14:01   Link #348
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Spoiler for ep4:
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 15:29   Link #349
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
when it comes to the girl... I had guessed that a while ago. My next question: what exactly is her purpose; i.e., why are we even being shown her in the first place? I suppose we'll eventually find out
So some people don't have an adverse reaction like when Utawarerumono decided to show Iceman and the lab 20 something episodes into the series, and make them go lolwut?

Instead, they're going to start giving foreshadowing much earlier this time.
Old 2009-05-01, 22:23   Link #350
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

great ep when it was really touching when arawn talked about myrdinn with Rhiannon describing him as no longer in pain or suffering and that he's in a place where not even the god's can touch him.

Am I the only one that found that scene beautiful and touching? It revealed just how long Arawn has lived and that sunset with the bgm was just perfect.
Old 2009-05-02, 09:24   Link #351
LKK

I loved that scene too. I noticed that Arawn has no fondness for god. But clearly he was thinking of a different being than Myrddin. Riannon's reverence for Myrddin surprised him.

Speaking of Myrddin, who wants to bet that Arawn is Myrddin? My second guess is that Myrddin is Arawn's elf friend, Pyrll.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-05-02, 10:51   Link #352
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Speaking of Myrddin, who wants to bet that Arawn is Myrddin? My second guess is that Myrddin is Arawn's elf friend, Pyrll.
I don't believe Arawn is Myrddin, otherwise his monologue (About Myrddin being in a plcane not reachable by anone, meaning most likely dead) and reminiscence doesn't really fit. Pwyll ... i find unlikely as well. It doesn't seem like the ancient (first?) elven king and Myrddin are the same, if for the fact whatever happened with Myrddin most likely took place way before the war that Arawn and Pwyll fought, if the legend of him bringing fire to humans holds any water (which it does seem to, going by Arawn's comments). So ...no, i won't be taking that bet

Question would be though - who is Arawn himself. Not only was he friends with the ancient elven king, but also seems to go back as far as being acquainted with gods from legends from times when even fire was unknown to humans. And i don't think Demon King is the correct answer ..
Old 2009-05-02, 11:26   Link #353
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
And i don't think Demon King is the correct answer ..
I don't think demon king is the right answer either. That's probably a myth that sprang up while he was sealed. A myth started by the person or persons who sealed him in the first place, most likely. It's because I don't believe what's been said about Arawn that I'm looking for clues as to who he really is. It was his reaction to the name Myrddin and the fire-giver story that made me suspect he's the true source of the myth. His reaction instantly conveyed to me the sense of "Oh! She's talking about me." As for what Arawn said, I don't take his monologue at face value. I felt that Arawn was tailoring his words to meet Riannon's expectations and not saying the whole truth.

I'm definitely looking forward to learning more about Arawn and will happily adjust my theory when more info is revealed.

Old 2009-05-02, 11:31   Link #354
wnmnkh
Not that simple.

Myrddin..... I must resist to not post spoiler about him.... :P
Old 2009-05-02, 11:36   Link #355
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
I don't think demon king is the right answer either. That's probably a myth that sprang up while he was sealed. A myth started by the person or persons who sealed him in the first place, most likely. It's because I don't believe what's been said about Arawn that I'm looking for clues as to who he really is. It was his reaction to the name Myrddin and the fire-giver story that made me suspect he's the true source of the myth. His reaction instantly conveyed to me the sense of "Oh! She's talking about me." As for what Arawn said, I don't take his monologue at face value. I felt that Arawn was tailoring his words to meet Riannon's expectations and not saying the whole truth.
Arawn wasn't sealed, he was dead, literally, killed by that monster in the flashback, when Ogam commented on electrum, which is apparently what Gaius' dagger is made from as well, a substance harmful to Arawn, whatever he might be. And i hold my ground on the fact Arawn is not Myrddin, otherwise his monologue is not making sense, and i don't think he was lying when saying that Myrddin is now in a place unreachable by anyone. We shall see with time i guess
Old 2009-05-02, 11:52   Link #356
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I loved that scene too. I noticed that Arawn has no fondness for god. But clearly he was thinking of a different being than Myrddin. Riannon's reverence for Myrddin surprised him.

you already seen Myrddin and Pyrll, just re-watch the op.
Old 2009-05-02, 12:26   Link #357
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnmnkh View Post
Myrddin..... I must resist to not post spoiler about him.... :P
Thank you for resisting your spoiler posting impulse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Arawn wasn't sealed, he was dead, literally, killed by that monster in the flashback, when Ogam commented on electrum, which is apparently what Gaius' dagger is made from as well, a substance harmful to Arawn, whatever he might be.
Oh yeah. I remember that now. Obviously, dead is not fully dead in this universe.

Quote:
And i hold my ground on the fact Arawn is not Myrddin, otherwise his monologue is not making sense, and i don't think he was lying when saying that Myrddin is now in a place unreachable by anyone. We shall see with time i guess
Let's continue this cool line of discussion when further info is revealed, 'kay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
you already seen Myrddin and Pyrll, just re-watch the op.
Pyrll, I've seen. I haven't watched the OP since we learned about Myrddin. Although thinking back on the OP, I may have an idea whom you're referring to. If that's who he is, then Skyfall is right.

Old 2009-05-02, 12:46   Link #358
xizro345
King's Justice

I can say most of you are on the right track. I'm impressed 8P As for "electrum", in the game it's explained better, but unless I have the get go from someone I'm not going to post "spoilers" about it.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 13:46   Link #359
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I can say most of you are on the right track. I'm impressed 8P As for "electrum", in the game it's explained better, but unless I have the get go from someone I'm not going to post "spoilers" about it.
I already have most of the back story figured out (rest assure that I will always use spoiler tags when discussing these matters) but where electrum come from is one question that I haven't found an answer for.

[snip]

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2009-05-02 at 16:25.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 18:59   Link #360
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

You know I realised something while watching the opening again. Alot of the scenes in the OP that I couldn't understand in the first ep is now making sense. Like for example the scene with the giants and the dragons now being explained this ep with the tombstone and that scene where Arawn was eating an apple while fighting confused the heck out of me first ep but now i realised that Avalon means apple and that they were probably fighting to defend Avalon hence the apple reference.

I must say this series is revealing things at a very steady pace so that I feel in the end nothing will be rushed unlike cough utawaremono

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox