AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-11, 20:09   Link #21
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

You'll get the necessary points in 3 years. Just keep doing jobs.

A lot of the game feels like I'm just cycling through menus and character dialog. Exploring has taken a bit of a hit since all areas now are just one section large. On the other hand, events between characters seem to happen a lot more frequently this time around, so there is enough character interaction to keep you satisfied. One thing I haven't quite worked out is balancing grinding (if it's actually needed) with gathering and exploring. Rather than fighting I find myself going to the newer areas with stronger enemies, gathering as much as I can, and getting the heck outta there.

I get the feeling this game is meant for Atelier followers, those into JRPGs for character interaction, or the obsessive collecting/crafting types.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 12:53   Link #22
SidVicious
Anime addict

Got the NA version last saturday.

Totori is so cute.
Old 2011-12-21, 17:05   Link #23
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/07...telier-series/
- Bought up by Koei
- Announcement of social games the next day
Well, damn.
Quote:
Social games based on the Atelier series aren’t necessarily a bad thing. For one, it would help give the series more exposure, which may translate back into better sales for the console games.
Exposure, sure, but what about the already established fanbase? It's already a pretty niche title even in Japan, with Meruru being the first to really rake in numbers. Plus, these dudes at GUST are great at crafting single player experiences and you're gonna have them code facebook/iphone/mobile games?

Oh well, there's still hope:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/20...sts-next-game/
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 13:35   Link #24
Tenchimizaki182

i have atelier iris 123 and mana khemea 1 and i really love these games,so i was glad they brought out atelier rorona for the ps3 and i found really annoying.
but then i heared of this game atelier totori and it was way better than the first one.
the animation and soundtrack was awsome.
Tenchimizaki182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 18:55   Link #25
Velsy

Been playing this game the last few days....

Just as I reached the 5 years mark and was given the fail ending message..... All that work I was put in crafting, character relations, and adventureing to be a first rate, down the drain.. ... gone......... I had put the boat building aside since I was focused on those multiple things><.

Its told me to start again, but that was a hell of alot of work. Could of at least let me keep the Boots of speed I just crafted :/ , Was a level 38 Alchemist, level 36 Adventure. Had Sterk, Rorona, Mimi, Melvie 70+ friend points. I am so frustrated right now, Seems like I will have everything all over again. Didnt even learn out what Pamila was hiding in the end either <.< .I think I'll go back to play so more Disgaea 4, or Sins of the sola empire a bit before coming back to start anew I guess :/

ps- without the thought that I've just lost all my progress, the game has been pretty interesting and unique for me.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 20:14   Link #26
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Been playing this game the last few days....

Just as I reached the 5 years mark and was given the fail ending message..... All that work I was put in crafting, character relations, and adventureing to be a first rate, down the drain.. ... gone......... I had put the boat building aside since I was focused on those multiple things><.

Its told me to start again, but that was a hell of alot of work. Could of at least let me keep the Boots of speed I just crafted :/ , Was a level 38 Alchemist, level 36 Adventure. Had Sterk, Rorona, Mimi, Melvie 70+ friend points. I am so frustrated right now, Seems like I will have everything all over again. Didnt even learn out what Pamila was hiding in the end either <.< .I think I'll go back to play so more Disgaea 4, or Sins of the sola empire a bit before coming back to start anew I guess :/

ps- without the thought that I've just lost all my progress, the game has been pretty interesting and unique for me.
Yeah, that was quite a letdown for me as well, as I didn't even know there was a endgame time limit. I thought if I successfully finished my adventurer rank, I'd be a-ok, but, boy was I wrong =0(.

Starting over is not that bad though. Once I saw I kept my equipment and money, I restarted an old file, made the best equipment I could, sold everything else, and started anew. That 2nd playthrough was quite easy with the enhanced weapons and knowledge of the game's events, so I could easily obtain the char events and adv points, so it's not all crappy at least.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 20:53   Link #27
Velsy

Just thinking how I can change my gameplan this time around... Since I have money, I think I can avoid chasing quests altogether..... That *should* save me some time. Seeing as I need to craft to level alchemy, and need to hunt to level Adventure. But then again... I did quite alot of quests and they do give you points on the adventuring licence... So not sure if this gameplan would work. Maybe gathering alot less, and buying from the shop.

Having those boots of Speed would save my alot of time too... but its a level 35 craft :/

On the brightside... 2 scenes I can look forward to watching again.... Afro blacksmith, and catch of the day. Kekekeke

Last edited by Velsy; 2012-07-15 at 21:07.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote