AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2020-11-30, 07:44   Link #321
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks, you guys. I had read the episode summaries of the original anime and Kai to refresh my memories, but not Rei's.
Old 2020-11-30, 09:40   Link #322
Kakkou
Tch.

A reminder that in Rei the Rika we know later learns that the Rika she inadvertently replaced in that timeline was a bit of a queen bitch herself, so while it doesn't necessarily justify her subsequent bullying, it means that Satoko didn't just wake up one day and decide she wanted to pick on her for no reason.
Old 2020-11-30, 13:58   Link #323
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
A reminder that in Rei the Rika we know later learns that the Rika she inadvertently replaced in that timeline was a bit of a queen bitch herself, so while it doesn't necessarily justify her subsequent bullying, it means that Satoko didn't just wake up one day and decide she wanted to pick on her for no reason.
I wouldn't go that far. The Alter-Rika was just surrounded & pampered by boys all the time to the point where it made other female classmates envious (does that really make her a queen bitch?). And it still doesn't justify Alter-Satoko's behaviour. What she did was still bullying based on envy.
Old 2020-11-30, 14:18   Link #324
The Green One

If I recall that Rika was freshly yanked out of her Good Ending after all the pain and suffering to be stuck all over again in her own personal hell probably helped provoke the application of chair-kun.
Old 2020-11-30, 14:51   Link #325
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
If I recall that Rika was freshly yanked out of her Good Ending after all the pain and suffering to be stuck all over again in her own personal hell probably helped provoke the application of chair-kun.
Yes, but we were talking about Alter-Satoko & Alter-Rika (which Rika replaces in Rei) from an alternate reality where the dam plan was not cancelled, no Takano & Yamainu, and people didn't get killed during the festivals.
Old 2020-11-30, 15:17   Link #326
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I wouldn't go that far. The Alter-Rika was just surrounded & pampered by boys all the time to the point where it made other female classmates envious (does that really make her a queen bitch?). And it still doesn't justify Alter-Satoko's behaviour. What she did was still bullying based on envy.
Well technically she is the queen... carrier....

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-30, 18:48   Link #327
maximilianjenus
[E]

Oh bu that was the goodest end, the one where nobody dies and everybidy is happy and rika denies herself that. Which is what vives birth to been.

About the pv image, yeah ibwqs expecting shion to take action But it looks like something else is going wrong, Someone mentioned that in this timeline satoko did not break oyahsiro samas statue, SO satoko might have one less source of stress.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-30, 22:39   Link #328
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Considering that Mion and Rena outright told her she was partly to blame for her own predicament, including not making any effort to get along with the other classmates after her posse had left, I'm inclined to believe alter Rika's pampered princess behaviour likely came with some attitude problems that only worsened matters. Can't imagine Rena and Mion taking that stance if all she did was draw envy and not provoke the others.

Again, not saying that it justifies her bullying, but that Satoko probably doesn't simply default to nasty bully in timelines where bad things don't happen.

Having said that, perhaps queen bitch might've been a little too strong a descriptor
Old 2020-11-30, 23:55   Link #329
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Considering that Mion and Rena outright told her she was partly to blame for her own predicament, including not making any effort to get along with the other classmates after her posse had left, I'm inclined to believe alter Rika's pampered princess behaviour likely came with some attitude problems that only worsened matters. Can't imagine Rena and Mion taking that stance if all she did was draw envy and not provoke the others.
Meh, we all know how typical Japanese teenage highschool girls are. Whenever a pretty girl stands out and attracts the attention of the boys, she'll be the target of other girls' envy. And if the girl isn't good in socializing with other girls, you can expect her to be bullied. It's a messed-up social habit in Japan anyway.

In this season alone, such garbage bullying & vain "friendship" between Japanese highschool girls are highlighted & rightly mocked by the I'm Standing on 1,000,000 Lives anime.

Quote:
Again, not saying that it justifies her bullying, but that Satoko probably doesn't simply default to nasty bully in timelines where bad things don't happen. .
Alter-Rika still didn't deserve an intentional ball-shot to the back of her head where it caused her a concussion so bad that her soul got replaced by Rika . You don't deserve that just for being unsociable.

Quote:
Having said that, perhaps queen bitch might've been a little too strong a descriptor
Indeed.
Old 2020-12-01, 18:01   Link #330
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hold up, the wiki says this arc was just a dream manufactured by Hanyu to teach Rika a lesson, so the characters' behaviors in it don't matter one bit. They behaved the way Hanyu wanted them to, it doesn't reflect who they actually are.
Old 2020-12-01, 18:05   Link #331
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hold up, the wiki says this arc was just a dream manufactured by Hanyu to teach Rika a lesson, so the characters' behaviors in it don't matter one bit. They behaved the way Hanyu wanted them to, it doesn't reflect who they actually are.
Satoko's behavior there is very believable if you consider her character though...Also just because Hanyuu manufactured the dream doesn't mean that she actively controlled the characters like the witches and detectives do in umineko.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:55   Link #332
BWTraveller
Born to ship

To be clear, you're using the Satoko from a made up timeline, who has never experienced any hardship or loss, as an indicator of personality flaws in a Satoko whose life and soul have been carved from ostracization, family strife, loss of the entirety of said family, and a great deal of mental, physical and possibly sexual abuse (thought I heard some level happened)? The Satoko of the dream world doesn't know what it is to be hurt and torments others over minor feelings of inferiority, whereas the real one has built powerful bonds largely as a result of her empathy for those whose lives have also been a struggle. Frankly I find it hard to see the real Satoko being legitimately cruel for the sake of it. She plays pranks, but only to those she sees as equals able to take it or true enemies who need to be stopped.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote